Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-14-19, 12:38 PM
Varsity

ohiofootballphan is on a distinguished road
Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
The rumor that won't go away is that Roberts is their guy. This is obviously a rumor, and I never dreamed it would take this long to hire someone. Especially when you consider how important weight lifting is to develop a football program.
I think this makes sense. Roberts is a former AD, and currently has a higher title so I know that he won't come cheap. It doesn't make any sense to drag out the process if they know they can't pay the guy.
Old 03-14-19, 02:54 PM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan16 View Post
Word has it that they offered the job to the Coach of their Choice. He turned down the offer because it wasn't good enough. ( No job in the building ). Another finalist withdrew his name bacause of the schools lack of organization, and the third finalist withdrew because he didn't want to be the third choice. So it looks like they will try again after Spring Break. It is starting look like Burg will promote from within. This whole process has been a cluster from the beginning. No clue at all from the administration. I am afraid Icecold is right... Burg is going back to what they were before Channel. We will be into April without a coach.
Sounds like Schneider pulled out for one reason or another. That is a shame. He could get the job done and is a "Miamisburg guy".
Old 03-14-19, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw69 View Post
Sounds like Schneider pulled out for one reason or another. That is a shame. He could get the job done and is a "Miamisburg guy".
Why is that a good thing?
Old 03-14-19, 03:46 PM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontetheCarlo View Post
Why is that a good thing?
Not sure why I put it in quotes. Not that he is a good ole boy or anything, I just meant that he has an invested interest in the community and school. Someone said that he spent some of his youth there.
Old 03-14-19, 10:06 PM
All District

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hmm. Knowing what just happened at Troy with the Hire of Dan Gress (former Northmont LB), you think Schneider has interest in Troy? Now that’s a plot twist for us. I’m sure it’s highly unlikely, but fun to speculate given your post.
Old 03-15-19, 05:21 AM
Freshman

Burghater is on a distinguished road
Burg knows they will not have a good team for next 3 to 4 years. I can see why the top three want assurances on $$ and jobs in district, not their first rodeo. Burg will try to get a young and hopeful coach like they had with Kline and then when he doesnít produce wins they will make it look like it is all his fault and fire him. Trash his name and ridicule him when he goes to another program.
Old 03-15-19, 07:21 AM
All Region

strickly_layups is on a distinguished road
Word is that lance Snyder has been offered the job!!!!
Old 03-15-19, 07:27 AM
All District

icecold is on a distinguished road

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-19, 11:03 AM
Freshman

Titan16 is on a distinguished road
Something is going on at Miamsiburg. Players were told today that the Defensive Co-ordinator from last seaason , who had been running the weight lifting this winter, has been let go. Not sure what the reasoning was nehind this, but the DC is out.
Old 03-15-19, 11:07 AM
All District

Dumpster fire

Old 03-15-19, 11:41 AM
Junior Varsity

Barbershoptalk is on a distinguished road
Maybe this is taking so long because they’re thinking about mending fences with ol’ Chanell. I wonder if he came crawling back and did a little community service, would they take him back?
Old 03-15-19, 01:02 PM
Freshman

Titan16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbershoptalk View Post
Maybe this is taking so long because theyíre thinking about mending fences with olí Chanell. I wonder if he came crawling back and did a little community service, would they take him back?
They never should have parted ways with Chanell to begin with. The character issues they cited where the same issues that he had when they hired him.
Old 03-15-19, 04:01 PM
All District

Knoch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan16 View Post
Something is going on at Miamsiburg. Players were told today that the Defensive Co-ordinator from last seaason , who had been running the weight lifting this winter, has been let go. Not sure what the reasoning was nehind this, but the DC is out.
Yes I heard also the DC was fired, but he was not the main guy running the weight room...another coach was who was sending out information about workouts to parents.
I would understand firing him because he was one of the people that vandalized other coaches homes...allegedly.
Old 03-15-19, 04:47 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoch View Post
Yes I heard also the DC was fired, but he was not the main guy running the weight room...another coach was who was sending out information about workouts to parents.

I would understand firing him because he was one of the people that vandalized other coaches homes...allegedly.
Gasoline

Old 03-16-19, 03:37 AM
Freshman

Burghater is on a distinguished road
If the DC was fired it was a good thing. He was always living his glory days and treated the kids terrible calling them demeaning names and everyone was stupid except for him. Marginal kids he didnít even speak to. At the HS He is a permanent sub but never gets a real job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-19, 01:28 PM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghater View Post
If the DC was fired it was a good thing. He was always living his glory days and treated the kids terrible calling them demeaning names and everyone was stupid except for him. Marginal kids he didnít even speak to. At the HS He is a permanent sub but never gets a real job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great thing they did fire him. I agree kids didnít like him at all, he was Channell puppet and yes man. From what I heard he was a marginal player in high school and played Jv in college.
Old 03-16-19, 01:48 PM
All Ohio

Mr_Thunderbot
Quote:
only thing he pulled out was a new name tag for the coach office this his house now. brninging that gang green attitude to miamisburg now boy.
Old 03-17-19, 08:58 AM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofootballphan View Post
I think this makes sense. Roberts is a former AD, and currently has a higher title so I know that he won't come cheap. It doesn't make any sense to drag out the process if they know they can't pay the guy.
If they can't get Roberts due to $, then Lance Schneider would be the best alternative for the Burg.