Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-03-19, 08:24 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Thatís not all that goes into it anymore. Usually you have to sit the first half of a season, maybe he will in another sport, regardless he will make them better but they are a long way away from week 11
The OHSAA released Hillyer to play with without Penalty. He will be playing the entire season. Apparently there were special Circumstances. Father lives in WB mother lives in United district. Both have shared custody . Wb is considered his home school and you are granted a one time return to your home school without penalty , actually he would of had to sit at United. This was diner talk but source was a school administrator .
Old 03-03-19, 08:35 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
West Branch D.J. Dota out as head varsity football coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
The OHSAA released Hillyer to play with without Penalty. He will be playing the entire season. Apparently there were special Circumstances. Father lives in WB mother lives in United district. Both have shared custody . Wb is considered his home school and you are granted a one time return to your home school without penalty , actually he would of had to sit at United. This was diner talk but source was a school administrator .

Seems like heís wrong.

Exception 9-One Time Transfer Back into the Studentís Residential District
Each student is entitled to one transfer to the public high school located in which the studentís parentsí residence is located. This can be applied regardless of whether the student is transferring from a public or nonpublic school. Note: This exception cannot be used when a student moves from one parent to another within a shared parenting plan. The Exception 9 form must be completed and it can be found at
http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibility/forms/ Bylaw4-7-2_Exc9.pdf.

CANNOT.

Also the ohsaa doesnít work that fast lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-19, 08:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Seems like heís wrong.

Exception 9-One Time Transfer Back into the Studentís Residential District
Each student is entitled to one transfer to the public high school located in which the studentís parentsí residence is located. This can be applied regardless of whether the student is transferring from a public or nonpublic school. Note: This exception cannot be used when a student moves from one parent to another within a shared parenting plan. The Exception 9 form must be completed and it can be found at
http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibility/forms/ Bylaw4-7-2_Exc9.pdf.

CANNOT.

Also the ohsaa doesnít work that fast lol

Spread you seem to be well versed on this topic ,but like i was told there were special circumstances An I sure hope your wrong .
Old 03-03-19, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Spread you seem to be well versed on this topic ,but like i was told there were special circumstances An I sure hope your wrong .

I hope I am wrong too. Never want to see a kid sit over a dumb rule. Itís not like the kid is a division 1 athlete. Just a normal kid who deserves to play. That being said the state is pretty black and white on these issues.

Old 03-03-19, 10:01 PM
All Region

On a brighter note ,saw where the Basketball HC resigned.

Last edited by warrior333; 03-03-19 at 10:09 PM. Reason: ,
Old 03-04-19, 07:14 AM
Freshman

dealmein is on a distinguished road
Dad is custodial parent.
WB is his home school.
Open enrolled to United. Allowed 1 time return without penalty.
And yes,OHSAA did clarify that quickly. He is eligible to participate immediately.
Do you really think the school wouldn't have done their homework on this?
Old 03-04-19, 07:23 AM
Freshman

dealmein is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On a brighter note ,saw where the Basketball HC resigned.
By the way. He resigned because his wife is not well. It's OK for you to be happy he resigned because YOU don't care for him. It was wrong for WB to not bring Dota back who had a losing record over 8 seasons but it's a brighter note when a basketball coach with over 30 wins the last 2 seasons resigns? I'm not following that inconsistent train of thought.
Old 03-04-19, 08:32 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Yes I do believe they don’t do their research on those type of things as well as most people with a brain also believe
Old 03-04-19, 10:25 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealmein View Post
Dad is custodial parent.
WB is his home school.
And yes,OHSAA did clarify that quickly. He is eligible to participate immediately.

Thank you!! Now WB fans can put this to rest and get excited about the 2019 season!!
Old 03-04-19, 10:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
This is great news and a great decision but this family. I really never heard of your coach, but I have a friend who played with him in high school and knows him well and he thinks Harris is a great hire. He said that he is a very intelligent guy, has no ego and will do what's best for the kids. He also said that he may seem like " Mr. Nice Guy" on the surface -and he is. However, he was the toughest guys on the field when he play both at WB and in college and he will coach that way. I am not that close to the situation but it seems like, from an outsider, that you are in pretty good hands.
Old 03-04-19, 01:51 PM
All Region

Quote:
By the way. He resigned because his wife is not well. It's OK for you to be happy he resigned because YOU don't care for him. It was wrong for WB to not bring Dota back who had a losing record over 8 seasons but it's a brighter note when a basketball coach with over 30 wins the last 2 seasons resigns? I'm not following that inconsistent train of thought.
My post was no way to be taken as disrespect toward his Family . I hope his wife has speedy recovery . Youíre the one drumming up his record . 30 wins sounds good but we have played over 25 games a year so 50-60% .A lot of the better returning players quite playing because of him and started playing in a non-school sponsored league . Do we even have a Freshman team ? Also my post has nothing to do with me liking him or not I simply stated he resigned and if you pay any attention to WB social media you would know there was no love lost .
Old 03-04-19, 03:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Dad is custodial parent.

WB is his home school.

If dad was custodial parent and transferred him to United then that makes sense. Maybe he came back to WB when he realized he would have to sit the second half of the season and playoffs. Cant transfer again though. Donít matter either way like I said. Sounds like he doesnít want to be at WB.

Old 03-04-19, 07:36 PM
Freshman

Knightdog is on a distinguished road
Don’t know why hillyer would move in the first place when he has the speedy wide receiver, now they just need to throw the ball to the kid.i saw west branch play marlington last year they get the ball to that kid he can be a nightmare against other teams. Also they have a running back that’s tough. West branch should be pretty good this year.
Old 03-05-19, 05:22 AM
All World

Your kid that good? Or just as good as your making him out to be? Lol
Old 03-05-19, 08:44 AM
All Region

Quote:
Your kid that good? Or just as good as your making him out to be? Lol
I am not from WB but saw them 3 times last year. IMO, yes, he has the potential to be a good one, good arm and good runner.
Old 03-05-19, 11:26 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I am not from WB but saw them 3 times last year. IMO, yes, he has the potential to be a good one, good arm and good runner.
Iím talking about the receiver he just made out to be all state
Old 03-05-19, 11:51 AM
All Region

Quote:
Iím talking about the receiver he just made out to be all state
Yes. If WB can figure out how to get him the ball he could be the most dynamic player in the area.
Old 03-05-19, 06:30 PM
Freshman

Knightdog is on a distinguished road
I do not have any kids in any of the these schools I have been watching the nbc now ebc for the last 30 years there is several kids that standout in the football league like Minerva garrison has speed and quick common should probably be quarterback. CJ from marlington best in the league. Carrollton I think had best defense last year but there offense needs work. Alliance has a tough quarterback like to see him throw down field more. Salem has Walter like to see if they will put him at quarterback this year. Wb hillyer is a tough QB but like to see him throw down field and wb receiver he is fast like garrison also wb has a tough running back.also Sabitno from marlington tough running back if he stays healthy
Old 03-06-19, 09:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightdog View Post
I do not have any kids in any of the these schools I have been watching the nbc now ebc for the last 30 years there is several kids that standout in the football league like Minerva garrison has speed and quick common should probably be quarterback. CJ from marlington best in the league. Carrollton I think had best defense last year but there offense needs work. Alliance has a tough quarterback like to see him throw down field more. Salem has Walter like to see if they will put him at quarterback this year. Wb hillyer is a tough QB but like to see him throw down field and wb receiver he is fast like garrison also wb has a tough running back.also Sabitno from marlington tough running back if he stays healthy
I don't know if you can have a better overview than this.. Like to see a South fan add to this..
Old 03-13-19, 07:29 AM
All District

WaRRiorFanAttic is on a distinguished road
So who is wb tough running back? That receiver is decent, from what i saw last year, but is also the smallest receiver in the league. Not even close to the kids at marlington. very small .... Might get big enough to play division 3 college, football, but from what i read has a better chance to go to college for track. if hillyer stays at qb he will compete with the kid from marlington for best in league.....as i think he is a better runner, and probably the most talented kid on the wb team.
hopefully new coach at wb will run the qb more, as i think they lost their best receivers to graduation.
does anyone know how wb line gonna be?? i thought they had alot of seniors on the line, but then again i only went to 3 games.
gonna be any surprise younger kids that will impress??
Old 03-13-19, 09:04 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRRiorFanAttic View Post
So who is wb tough running back? That receiver is decent, from what i saw last year, but is also the smallest receiver in the league. Not even close to the kids at marlington. very small .... Might get big enough to play division 3 college, football, but from what i read has a better chance to go to college for track. if hillyer stays at qb he will compete with the kid from marlington for best in league.....as i think he is a better runner, and probably the most talented kid on the wb team.
hopefully new coach at wb will run the qb more, as i think they lost their best receivers to graduation.
does anyone know how wb line gonna be?? i thought they had alot of seniors on the line, but then again i only went to 3 games.
interesting take. I saw WB 3 times too and really no underclassman running back stood out but thought McKeiver was really explosive in those 3 games. I do agree about Hillyer tough. I think he is going to be a nice dual threat QB.
Old 03-13-19, 03:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRRiorFanAttic View Post
The RB in question would be Bickley . Sr this year he is one hard nosed kid for sure . I would think accompanying him in the back field will be Reighart and Flickenger . Mckeiver is an elusive receiver in the open field very fast on his feet . Playing both ways last season as a sophomore allowed him to mature a lot. I would think this season his presence will be more noticeable . Hillyer appears to be a true leader watching him on the feild .Perhaps one if not the hardest hitting kid on the team .I heard he gained a lot of respect from the upperclassmen due to his hard work ethic in the weight room . I would think that will be something that he will need regained this year after his short absence .
Old 03-14-19, 07:16 AM
All Region

Quote:
The RB in question would be Bickley . Sr this year he is one hard nosed kid for sure . I would think accompanying him in the back field will be Reighart and Flickenger . Mckeiver is an elusive receiver in the open field very fast on his feet . Playing both ways last season as a sophomore allowed him to mature a lot. I would think this season his presence will be more noticeable . Hillyer appears to be a true leader watching him on the feild .Perhaps one if not the hardest hitting kid on the team .I heard he gained a lot of respect from the upperclassmen due to his hard work ethic in the weight room . I would think that will be something that he will need regained this year after his short absence .
It sounds like some excitement is starting to creep back into the Warrior program after the coaching change- Exciting stuff in WB land. I do remember the Bickley kid now- he is a tough runner. I really look forward to seeing that Hillyer-MeKeiver combo this year (expect for week 5 against Minerva!!). Great choice for Hillyer to remain a Warrior...