Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-21-18, 02:08 PM
All Region

3sport is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
The news reported a big disagreement last night at the board meeting in west branch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
here's the link to the article:
https://www.the-review.com/news/2018...coachs-removal
Old 12-21-18, 02:54 PM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sport View Post
Sounds like he is pretty well liked, but also looks like the decision will not be changed. If they will have a decision by the year's end I am guessing they had someone in mind before they fired him.

I bet he will find another job if he really wants to coach again..
Old 12-21-18, 04:03 PM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Well this isn’t going so smoothly, will be interesting how Dota supporters treat the new coach
Old 12-24-18, 12:48 PM
All District

West Branch is on a distinguished road
West Branch will be 0-10 for at least a couple of years . New HC will be a HS teacher to be named later. He hasn’t coached in probably the last 10 years but has a sharp mind for the game.
Old 12-24-18, 01:45 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
having a sharp mind is one thing, but can he relate with kids and get them to buy into his vision for the program?
Old 12-24-18, 01:58 PM
All Yappi

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Really hope the market stabilizes and bounces back . But I can’t help but belly laugh at some guys here make like they going to be able tonretirecearlybir hiw much better off they were because their 401K was goin through the roof as if they were selling that week .

Now ? Thanks Donny for the bargain barrel stock prices . I do realize you guys are independently wealthy and see this as a buying opportunity .

Merry Christmas everyone with some dough courtesy of Mr. Trump for our “ Stock” ing stuffers. Guy may be immature and a Doosh but what a businessman making it possible to buy stocks this low. Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-18, 10:39 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Really hope the market stabilizes and bounces back . But I canít help but belly laugh at some guys here make like they going to be able tonretirecearlybir hiw much better off they were because their 401K was goin through the roof as if they were selling that week .

Now ? Thanks Donny for the bargain barrel stock prices . I do realize you guys are independently wealthy and see this as a buying opportunity .

Merry Christmas everyone with some dough courtesy of Mr. Trump for our ď StockĒ ing stuffers. Guy may be immature and a Doosh but what a businessman making it possible to buy stocks this low. Merry Christmas

What does this have to do with west branch football?

Also, diversify your bonds.

Old 12-26-18, 07:47 PM
All American

warriors378 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtme View Post
having a sharp mind is one thing, but can he relate with kids and get them to buy into his vision for the program?
Not sure how well you know WB's "cornerstone" names, but the poster you replied to with your latest post, was tongue in cheek with a little insight on who the next head coach most likely will be. Had nothing to do with how knowledgeable they really are about the game. As soon as the news about Dota non-renewal came out, I knew exactly who was getting the position unfortunately. Expect WB's football program to crumble worse than Minerva's has lately. At least Minerva can expect a win every season now...
Old 12-26-18, 08:21 PM
All Region

Mr.wrsln2 is on a distinguished road
"Bring home the bacon"...1994..light years away.Bring back the green cows!
Old 12-26-18, 08:23 PM
All District

itzme is on a distinguished road
Hence the "sharp" mind comment as the give away? If so, wow..
Old 12-26-18, 09:24 PM
Freshman

dealmein is on a distinguished road
I heard 21 applicants for the WB job. No confirmation of that number just rumors. But isn't that what all of this is? Rummors... Why would they take a month to name a new coach if it was all ready a done deal? Some of these posts make absolutely no sense.
Old 12-26-18, 09:27 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzme View Post
Hence the "sharp" mind comment as the give away? If so, wow..
Wow what ?
I surely wouldnít think the BOE would award the HC job to someone who has never been a HC let alone hasnt even been a football coach for over 10 years or would they ?
Old 12-26-18, 09:34 PM
Freshman

dealmein is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Wow what ?
I surely wouldnít think the BOE would award the HC job to someone who has never been a HC let alone hasnt even been a football coach for over 10 years or would they ?
If that logic were used there would never be any new head coaches anywhere! Again, some of these posts don't make sense.
Old 12-26-18, 10:25 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealmein View Post
If that logic were used there would never be any new head coaches anywhere! Again, some of these posts don't make sense.
Does it make sense to give a new driver a corvette to drive during the winter
Old 12-26-18, 10:26 PM
Varsity

warfish is on a distinguished road
Everything that I know about Coach Dota would lead me to believe he is a good guy. Change is always tough, what if they hire a guy that doesn’t treat the kids well, what if the new guy doesn’t think I am a starter....... There are always uncertainties when there is change. Some may leave, some of it is just talk, emotional responses to an emotional situation. The bottom line is Coach Dota is at best an average football coach 8yrs. is more than enough sample size to make a fair evaluation. Truth is a couple changes in the superintendent job probably bought him a couple years. He was an average coach at Harding another school with a proud football tradition.
Don’t expect a new coach with head coaching experience WB does not pay well and from what I understand not many teaching openings. Went HC route last time, 38-42. Ohio State just hired a guy without HC experience. A new will want a staff that is on board with his vision for the program if the assistants that are there can’t do that they shouldn’t coach. I bet a couple will coach, time will tell. The sooner it gets done the better, give the new guy a chance to ease some of the fears of change. There are some good kids coming there were good kids coming when Dota got the job. A group of kids that won in Jr H at some hade started as Frosh. They were primed to make a run, a very talented Jr class. That group went 4-6,6-4. So 10-10 over their Jr and Sr. Year. That is history hope the future is more successful.
Old 12-27-18, 01:47 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealmein View Post
I heard 21 applicants for the WB job. No confirmation of that number just rumors. But isn't that what all of this is? Rummors... Why would they take a month to name a new coach if it was all ready a done deal? Some of these posts make absolutely no sense.
If it's like the Minerva search, WB will be pleasantly surprised with some of the applicants. If accurate, 21 is a pretty good number. I agree, why would they go through the motions and waste everyone's time if they already had a coach picked. It seems like there are in search of the right replacement..
Old 12-27-18, 04:16 PM
All World

It’s only hurting the kids that they don’t have a coach and will
Put the program back even farther, do they still have the weight room open, do they even have a strength coach? A lot of questions need answered and from
The top it’s hurting the kids
Old 12-27-18, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
wow, I know who you are referencing now... that would be interesting to say the least. but still, can he get them to buy into his vision and program?
Old 12-27-18, 04:41 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Itís only hurting the kids that they donít have a coach and will
Put the program back even farther, do they still have the weight room open, do they even have a strength coach? A lot of questions need answered and from
The top itís hurting the kids
Saxton simply took a shot from the hip and non renewed Dota. Another Problem is the fans want the old school powerhouse football teams back ,but the BOE and the budget ties the hands of the program . SIMPLY NO FUNDING . Crazy is when the football team is not permitted to have there own fund raising events .Revenues collected have to be dispersed to all sports . The weight room is so small and outdated . The locker room is tiny ,hell we dont even have play clock's .The list goes on an on.
Old 12-27-18, 04:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubtme View Post
wow, I know who you are referencing now... that would be interesting to say the least. but still, can he get them to buy into his vision and program?
i think not . There was /is a lot of passion in the hearts of most all the key players . You have those few that didnt care for dota ,but bottom line they are the ones that didnt want to work hard to better themselves and the team. The kids today are way smarter than given credit for .They can recognize deception and lack of program funding /support .
Old 12-28-18, 08:21 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Saxton simply took a shot from the hip and non renewed Dota. Another Problem is the fans want the old school powerhouse football teams back ,but the BOE and the budget ties the hands of the program . SIMPLY NO FUNDING . Crazy is when the football team is not permitted to have there own fund raising events .Revenues collected have to be dispersed to all sports . The weight room is so small and outdated . The locker room is tiny ,hell we dont even have play clock's .The list goes on an on.

They canít do their own fundraising? Thatís insane . Someone needs smacked

Old 12-28-18, 11:57 AM
All World

I would imagine the football team brings in the most money, so they should get the most money, it’s ridiculous that they have to divide of the funds.
Old 12-28-18, 12:57 PM
All Region

3sport is on a distinguished road
didn't the football team have a gofundme type fundraiser website that you could donate to this fall?

i've been to numerous spaghetti dinners, and basketball fundraisers at Bone Shakers, for individual sports. and i have seen flyers all around town for recent renovations at the baseball field.

i am very positive that the individual sports can and do fundraise for themselves.
Old 12-29-18, 12:00 PM
All Ohio

warriordad is on a distinguished road
They can... i believe the money raised has to be turned in to the boosters and then the boosters will distribute the money to them as needed.
Old 01-04-19, 01:34 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordad View Post
They can... i believe the money raised has to be turned in to the boosters and then the boosters will distribute the money to them as needed.
When I was involved with the booster club many moons ago each sport was allowed to do a 2 or 3 fundraisers for their sports and the everything else had to be distributed to all team by the boosters. But I don't know if that was a school rule or OHSAA rule.

Regardless, I have to think WB will have the opportunity to land a pretty good coach- if have said it before, WB has an excellent following in all sports. I hope you get a good one!
Old 01-07-19, 01:50 PM
All District

fridayfootball is on a distinguished road
I heard there's a guy in the district who will be the next coach.
Old 01-07-19, 01:52 PM
All Region

guyinahoodie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayfootball View Post
I heard there's a guy in the district who will be the next coa coach.
If this happens, it'd be hard to believe there wasn't a hidden agenda before Dota was let go...Is this guy BFF's with the super? Asking for a friend...
Old 01-07-19, 01:58 PM
All District

fridayfootball is on a distinguished road
I have no idea.
Old 01-10-19, 07:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Bear61 is on a distinguished road
Have they released who applied for the job yet?
Old 01-15-19, 09:19 AM
Freshman

JQU is on a distinguished road
Troy Davis will be the new head coach