Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-20-18, 02:08 PM
Junior Varsity

Football Fanatik is on a distinguished road
2019 CC Crusaders Predictions & Thoughts

I've heard some good things but a lot of holes as well. I'm going to take an early stab and say 7-3 since they got Strongsville off the schedule.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-18, 08:44 PM
All Ohio

doubtme is on a distinguished road
what do they have coming back?
Old 12-21-18, 09:51 PM
Junior Varsity

football legend is on a distinguished road
They have a solid group back. I'd expect to see an improved offense but the defense has a lot of holes that need to be filled. Miller at RB is a 4 yr starter. Beck (DB,QB), Diruzza (DB,RB), Janowicz (OL), and Neal (DB,WR) all played as sophomores and started as juniors. Walton transferred from Orrville and started at LB, he will be a big part of the offense as well. I'd like to see Miller, Walton, and Diruzza share carries as they'll be playing defense as well. Miller has strength, Diruzza has speed, and Walton is a combo of both.
DB's will be very good with 4 seniors ( Beck, Diruzza, Neal, and Boron). Need to fill the O line holes. Heard they'll have 2 new big guys. They might move Janowicz to center so they can run behind him more. They have a 6'3 soph receiver that has good skills. The QB & receiving corp should be a big upgrade from last years team.
People should feel good about the crusaders in 2019.
Old 12-26-18, 02:10 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by football legend View Post
They have a solid group back. I'd expect to see an improved offense but the defense has a lot of holes that need to be filled. Miller at RB is a 4 yr starter. Beck (DB,QB), Diruzza (DB,RB), Janowicz (OL), and Neal (DB,WR) all played as sophomores and started as juniors. Walton transferred from Orrville and started at LB, he will be a big part of the offense as well. I'd like to see Miller, Walton, and Diruzza share carries as they'll be playing defense as well. Miller has strength, Diruzza has speed, and Walton is a combo of both.
DB's will be very good with 4 seniors ( Beck, Diruzza, Neal, and Boron). Need to fill the O line holes. Heard they'll have 2 new big guys. They might move Janowicz to center so they can run behind him more. They have a 6'3 soph receiver that has good skills. The QB & receiving corp should be a big upgrade from last years team.
People should feel good about the crusaders in 2019.
I felt better about this year's team than I did next year's team and we went 3-7 . . . I hope I am wrong as I have been wrong before but I am not overly optimistic.
Old 12-28-18, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I felt better about this year's team than I did next year's team and we went 3-7 . . . I hope I am wrong as I have been wrong before but I am not overly optimistic.
Stark, I love ya. I agree with you that the 18 team is better than than 19 team, talent wise. Just like the 14 team was better than the 2000 team. Lol. The 18 team lacked offense and that canít be denied or argued in quality games. We lacked execution. We lacked getting the ball in the play makers hand and we ran a vanilla offense. Chalk that up to whatever you like-play calling or sub par players. 3 and 7. That is all that has to be said.

I like the look of the team of 19. They have plenty of skill, but it has to be used. The O will be more explosive this year if used right.

The D has to fill holes and I think they will. I do worry about getting gutted up the middle against the big schools.

In the end, I like our chances. Line play will determine how far we go just like in 14.
Old 01-03-19, 01:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
Stark, I love ya. I agree with you that the 18 team is better than than 19 team, talent wise. Just like the 14 team was better than the 2000 team. Lol. The 18 team lacked offense and that canít be denied or argued in quality games. We lacked execution. We lacked getting the ball in the play makers hand and we ran a vanilla offense. Chalk that up to whatever you like-play calling or sub par players. 3 and 7. That is all that has to be said.

I like the look of the team of 19. They have plenty of skill, but it has to be used. The O will be more explosive this year if used right.

The D has to fill holes and I think they will. I do worry about getting gutted up the middle against the big schools.

In the end, I like our chances. Line play will determine how far we go just like in 14.
Nobody has loved me since my dog died. Thanks, Nino!!

As for 2019 . . . time will tell.
Old 01-03-19, 05:06 PM
All District

bagobones is on a distinguished road
5-5
Old 01-04-19, 03:44 PM
Junior Varsity

7-3
Old 01-08-19, 11:24 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by football legend View Post
7-3
I will take the under.
Old 01-09-19, 07:36 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
I will take the under.
Hey Slip, is there any sunshine you can give to our friend Stark about the 2019 season? lol You usually got a grip on the schedule, who are we playing?
Old 01-09-19, 08:12 AM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
CANTON CENTRAL CATHOLIC
1 (H) Massillon Perry -- Thursday
2 (H) Norwayne
3 (H) South Range
4 (A) St. Thomas Aquinas -- Thursday
5 (H) New Philadelphia
6 (A) Akron Green
7 (H) Carrollton
8 (H) Massillon Jackson
9 OPEN DATE
10 (A) Louisville
Old 01-09-19, 11:10 AM
All American

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
CANTON CENTRAL CATHOLIC
2 (H) Norwayne
3 (H) South Range
5 (H) New Philadelphia
6 (A) Akron Green
7 (H) Carrollton
8 (H) Massillon Jackson
9 OPEN DATE
10 (A) Louisville
Wow. I will stick with the under.
Old 02-27-19, 01:05 PM
All American

Zwick_4_Prez is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
CANTON CENTRAL CATHOLIC
2 (H) Norwayne
3 (H) South Range
5 (H) New Philadelphia
6 (A) Akron Green
7 (H) Carrollton
8 (H) Massillon Jackson
9 OPEN DATE
10 (A) Louisville
I'm hearing week 5 is at New Philly, which doesn't make sense seeing as CCC played there last year.
Old 02-27-19, 01:14 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Arbiter is showing it at CCC, but there is talk of moving it to Week 2, if everyone can get their schedule filled.
Old 02-28-19, 04:06 PM
Junior Varsity

it was moved to New Philly. Still no game for week 9. The canadian team might not have a team so they'll need to find someone or take a bye week.
Old 02-28-19, 05:05 PM
All Ohio

Why did we give away a home game? Someone please walk me off of this ledge!
Old 02-28-19, 05:09 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why did we give away a home game? Someone please walk me off of this ledge!
CCC only had 3 away games scheduled.
When things flop next season, you'd only have 3 home games and possibly one other.
Perhaps that's what they're thinking.

Old 02-28-19, 05:23 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
CCC only had 3 away games scheduled.
When things flop next season, you'd only have 3 home games and possibly one other.
Perhaps that's what they're thinking.

Makes a little more sense. Not totally off the ledge, but at least the pigeons are not at my feet.
Old 02-28-19, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwick_4_Prez View Post
I'm hearing week 5 is at New Philly, which doesn't make sense seeing as CCC played there last year.
Football scheduling is complicated in this day and age when 90% of the teams feels they can make the playoffs if they crack the code and find the right 10 games. Looks like CCC is throwing NP a bone if it gets flipped to the Woody. NP still has 2 openings for which they would desperately need both to be home games based on what is already on arbiter. I presume they'd have a better chance of landing a 9th opponent if they can travel. Going to NP would greatly help them work toward completing their schedule.

NP's 2019 slate:
Zanesville Maysville
TBA
@ Marlington
@ Steubenville
@ CCC
TBA
Akron Ellet
@ Marietta
Zanesville
@ Dover

Flipping wouldn't be a travesty for CCC. It keeps the relationship good w/ a team I imagine CCC wants to keep on the schedule. It also gets CCC a home game for 2020 to go with 3 contracts that will be away that year (Perry, Norwayne, and Jax). Note: 2020 is the start of a new contract w/ Jax. The game moves to week 9 in 2020 b/c of how the Fed rotates its league schedule every 4 years.
Old 02-28-19, 06:26 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Arbiter is showing it at CCC, but there is talk of moving it to Week 2, if everyone can get their schedule filled.
Week 2 isn't an option. CCC already has Norwayne in week 2 for the next 2 years.
Old 03-01-19, 11:05 AM
Junior Varsity

Still not a fan of going to NP two years in a row. They've been a tough team for Central to beat and now you're giving them another home game.
Doesn't make sense . 7 home games is rare and if you have that advantage, take it and get into the playoffs. Once you're in you have a chance to go far.
Old 03-15-19, 09:13 PM
All Ohio

Perry is a L. NoWayne is a W. SR is a W if we run the right players. Aquilnas is a W. New Philly would have been a toss up but we are there so that is a L. Green is a W. Carrollton is a W. Jackson is a toss up but if we play the right people on O it could be a W but I will take it as a L. Week 9 well. Louisville is an L. So we are 5 and 4. Do we make the playoffs? Do we let a team like the Johnies play for the title?
Old 03-16-19, 08:56 AM
All Ohio

crudog is on a distinguished road
Iím very surprised that Norwayne is on the schedule. I thought the Wayne County schools held private schools in very low esteem. Please educate me what you know and I obviously donít. 😬
Old 03-16-19, 12:45 PM
All Region

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perry is a L. NoWayne is a W. SR is a W if we run the right players. Aquilnas is a W. New Philly would have been a toss up but we are there so that is a L. Green is a W. Carrollton is a W. Jackson is a toss up but if we play the right people on O it could be a W but I will take it as a L. Week 9 well. Louisville is an L. So we are 5 and 4. Do we make the playoffs? Do we let a team like the Johnies play for the title?
I think that you should schedule a meeting with Coach Lindesmith and let him know who the "right players" are. I'm sure he would appreciate the input.