Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-12-19, 10:18 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
I disagree, I think prebble Shawnee will routinely finish as a front runner where as in the buckeye their best teams would be lucky to finish middle of the pack. Most of their wins usually came early on against teams they will now be aligned with.
You are losing me here. The new conference forming with the teams leaving the CCC will not be that good at football, I was never saying that. I would say Shawnee will be a top 3 football school in that league, but that is discussing the league without Miami East, Bethel and Covington. If Shawnee was in the CCC the past 3-4 years they would have been 6-7th in standings at best.

In comparing the Buckeye Division, to the teams forming the league we are discussing (TC, SL, Riverside, Northridge, MU, Bethel, East, Covington), I think the 2 leagues will be similar in competition. As I stated, besides the run Madison has had the last couple of years, I actually think the new league will be more competitive.
Old 03-12-19, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
You are losing me here. The new conference forming with the teams leaving the CCC will not be that good at football, I was never saying that. I would say Shawnee will be a top 3 football school in that league, but that is discussing the league without Miami East, Bethel and Covington. If Shawnee was in the CCC the past 3-4 years they would have been 6-7th in standings at best.

In comparing the Buckeye Division, to the teams forming the league we are discussing (TC, SL, Riverside, Northridge, MU, Bethel, East, Covington), I think the 2 leagues will be similar in competition. As I stated, besides the run Madison has had the last couple of years, I actually think the new league will be more competitive.
My mistake. I see what you are saying. Where do you see the greyhounds in the future?
Old 03-12-19, 11:05 AM
All District

Quote:
My mistake. I see what you are saying. Where do you see the greyhounds in the future?
I see Dixie having the potential to be mid pack. I know they have a pretty good Freshman class. The starting QB was a Freshman, and I think if they keep improving they could be decent by the time the new conference starts. Regardless, I do think they will be more competitive. They will have winnable games every year against Bradford and Miss Valley, and then they will be able to compete with schools like Tri Village, TVS (which are 2 teams they lost to last year, but played closer than the SWBL schools, besides Carlisle).
Old 03-14-19, 04:53 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni937 View Post
He acts like Milton is some football power who shouldn't be forced to play such small schools.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
No I'm speaking of the obvious disparity in numbers. As for the drive, busses don't drive like you or I. Common sense here tough guy. I was comparing Waynesville as the furthest drive vs Riverside as the furthest drive.
Old 03-14-19, 04:57 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
Itís 1 hr and 15 mins if your 97 years old. Mapquest has it as 51 mins between Milton and DeGraff. Location is not a reason to exclude Riverside from the discussion.
But ability to compete is a reason. Busses drive much slower.
Old 03-15-19, 12:41 AM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni937 View Post
The word is no, FL will be left out and in no mans land.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What I have heard is FL is in for football. Guess we will find out soon.
Old 03-15-19, 07:56 AM
Freshman

Buckeyes04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
What I have heard is FL is in for football. Guess we will find out soon.
They're out. 8 team league. Heard the 8 are Covington, Bethel, Miami East, Lehman, Riverside, Northridge, Milton Union, and Troy Christian. Being football only was Loramie's key to not being invited apparently.
Old 03-15-19, 08:46 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Has MU and Northridge announced they are leaving the league yet? I know Dixie and Preble Shawnee did earlier, but I hadn't heard anything about the other two.
Old 03-15-19, 09:09 AM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Has MU and Northridge announced they are leaving the league yet? I know Dixie and Preble Shawnee did earlier, but I hadn't heard anything about the other two.
Don't believe they officially have done it yet but talking with an AD the league believes it is a foregone conclusion.
Old 03-15-19, 11:06 AM
All Ohio

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
I have yet to see anything official on Dixie, I keep hearing they announced but canít find anything.
Old 03-15-19, 11:47 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have yet to see anything official on Dixie, I keep hearing they announced but canít find anything.
I haven't seen anything either. I was just going by what someone had posted earlier in the thread.
Old 03-15-19, 03:09 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes04 View Post
They're out. 8 team league. Heard the 8 are Covington, Bethel, Miami East, Lehman, Riverside, Northridge, Milton Union, and Troy Christian. Being football only was Loramie's key to not being invited apparently.
OK. Sorry for the misinformation. I had heard from a very good source that the new league is a go. Then I heard from another source that should be in the know - but can be a little scatter brain at times - that FL was in for football only.
Old 03-18-19, 04:36 PM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes04 View Post
So excited about this, hope it is not just rumor. I think it is very balanced. Look at Northridge at basketball run this year. I think they are a sleeping giant also in some other sports. I know a lot of the Milton folks, they are about ready to tick up in the big three next 3 - 6 years.

I am unsure how I will feel about (TC fan) a good season being 2nd in basketball, 4th in football, 4th in baseball. That might be our ceiling now. We do have wrestling and soccer for a while at least very strong. This will be really good for the school. I think its a great conference for all the other schools also.

I am lost on football computer points with all the division differences. It looks like 7 wins could get you in if you can beat the bigger schools.
Old 03-19-19, 06:33 AM
Junior Varsity

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
Why do you think Northridge is a sleeping giant? They have been in dead last place in the all sports trophy the last 7 years according to the SWBL website on the small side of the league. They are projected to finish last again this year. They have had a few teams here and there that are good, but as an overall sports program?? I don't see that changing.
Old 03-19-19, 01:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
Why do you think Northridge is a sleeping giant? They have been in dead last place in the all sports trophy the last 7 years according to the SWBL website on the small side of the league. They are projected to finish last again this year. They have had a few teams here and there that are good, but as an overall sports program?? I don't see that changing.
You do not have the type of basketball team they do without athletes in the school. If someone could tap into that, could do some damage.
Old 03-19-19, 02:10 PM
Junior Varsity

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
All I know is, as for future boys basketball at Northridge not looking good. Verses Oakwood in the 8th grade Oakwood 55 Northridge 19. In the 7th grade Oakwood 55, Northrdge 5.

Neither Oakwood team was the best at their respective grade level in the league. In both games Oakwood played their benches at least have the game.

Unless kids move into the Northridge school system, which could happen, I donít see them being a real force.

Their non big 3 sports, they really have struggled through the years. Maybe they will change, but I donít see any indication.
Old 03-19-19, 03:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
All I know is, as for future boys basketball at Northridge not looking good. Verses Oakwood in the 8th grade Oakwood 55 Northridge 19. In the 7th grade Oakwood 55, Northrdge 5.

Neither Oakwood team was the best at their respective grade level in the league. In both games Oakwood played their benches at least have the game.

Unless kids move into the Northridge school system, which could happen, I donít see them being a real force.

Their non big 3 sports, they really have struggled through the years. Maybe they will change, but I donít see any indication.
Yikes, did not know that. Middle school does not correlate, but it sure can give you a hint.
Old 03-19-19, 04:32 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I disagree, I think prebble Shawnee will routinely finish as a front runner where as in the buckeye their best teams would be lucky to finish middle of the pack. Most of their wins usually came early on against teams they will now be aligned with.
Perhaps things have changed for PS, but I was in school when they had to leave the CCC due to inability to compete. That's been a few years back.
Old 03-19-19, 04:40 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
So excited about this, hope it is not just rumor. I think it is very balanced. Look at Northridge at basketball run this year. I think they are a sleeping giant also in some other sports. I know a lot of the Milton folks, they are about ready to tick up in the big three next 3 - 6 years.

I am unsure how I will feel about (TC fan) a good season being 2nd in basketball, 4th in football, 4th in baseball. That might be our ceiling now. We do have wrestling and soccer for a while at least very strong. This will be really good for the school. I think its a great conference for all the other schools also.

I am lost on football computer points with all the division differences. It looks like 7 wins could get you in if you can beat the bigger schools.
You yield more points for defeating a division 7 school with wins than a div 5 school with a poor record. It's more about defeating those schools with a 500 and above record to "rob" their second level points. I believe it is only .5 points per division increase.

I have had too much time on my hands a few years back, and I sat around for hours crunching numbers to find out why or how such low talented teams like a Miami Valley Christian were getting into the playoffs. Beating the big schools matters, but not near as much as beating a small school with a good record. Gotta get the second level points.
Old 03-20-19, 07:20 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
Perhaps things have changed for PS, but I was in school when they had to leave the CCC due to inability to compete. That's been a few years back.
I'm not going to come out and say that PS is a great athletic school, but they will definitely be able to compete in both boys and girls sports in the new conference right away.