Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-13-19, 10:11 AM
Junior Varsity

Trench Bully is on a distinguished road
2019 Alter Knights

I'm thinking that the 2019 Alter Knights are going to shock some people this upcoming year. They lose a lot of studs, but I think Steneman and McDonald are going to run all over the GCL and others. The defense has to fill many spots but I think they will eventually gel. That D-End Schimpf is a big-time ball player and could make lots of noise. Thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-19, 10:28 AM
All District

Rusty_Shackleford is on a distinguished road
which one are you?
Old 03-13-19, 01:01 PM
All District

FairmontAlum is on a distinguished road
Shock whom? It would only be shocking if they sucked. They will find find a way to fill need areas $$$
Old 03-13-19, 08:43 PM
Freshman

Independence, MO is on a distinguished road
Agree with F Alum 100% they are always very competitve
Old 03-14-19, 06:49 AM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Alter does reload, but I think CJ wins the GCLC this year. Alter lost too many seniors and CJ has most of its skill guys back including QB
Old 03-14-19, 11:41 AM
All Ohio

kmac57 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Alter does reload, but I think CJ wins the GCLC this year. Alter lost too many seniors and CJ has most of its skill guys back including QB
Alter will need to find an o-line and d-line most graduated. Skill players will be good. I agree with Elk think it is CJ as the favorite for the league this year.
Old 03-14-19, 07:04 PM
All American

aged jock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontAlum View Post
Shock whom? It would only be shocking if they sucked. They will find find a way to fill need areas $$$
As Fairmont has demonstrated, the program can bring out the best in whatever kids come out to play. Alter isnít able to force the whole city to pay up for its support, and has to charge tuition - a lot of tuition.

The easiest thing in the world is for parents to decide FREE is better than paying for their kidsí educations. Public schools have that almost overwhelming advantage over Alter.

So why do you have to talk about $$ when every single kid at Fairmont goes ABSOLUTELY FREE?
Old 03-14-19, 07:07 PM
All American

Execution and discipline will be there. Attitude will be there. Alter will be just fine.
Old 03-17-19, 07:29 PM
All Region

HistoryTeacher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aged jock View Post
As Fairmont has demonstrated, the program can bring out the best in whatever kids come out to play. Alter isnít able to force the whole city to pay up for its support, and has to charge tuition - a lot of tuition.

The easiest thing in the world is for parents to decide FREE is better than paying for their kidsí educations. Public schools have that almost overwhelming advantage over Alter.

So why do you have to talk about $$ when every single kid at Fairmont goes ABSOLUTELY FREE?
Its cute that you believe all Alter athletes pay for their own tuition.
Old 03-18-19, 08:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Trench Bully is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Shackleford View Post
which one are you?
I'm all of them.
Old 03-19-19, 07:26 AM
Freshman

KnightofOld is on a distinguished road
CJ should be the favorite. Alter has a beefed up schedule that I wish they would have played last year with a loaded senior class. Alter will be down for one year and their realistic goal should be to just try to make the playoffs.

I also heard that Alter had several veteran coaches retire or step down. Having a more modern staff surrounding Coach Domsitz will be a good thing with people like Meyer, Alig, Willits, Morrison, Connor, Breyer, Fresh etc.

08/30 A Kettering Fairmont (L)
09/06 H Dayton Thurgood Marshall (W)
09/13 H Belfry (KY) (W/L)
09/20 A Columbus St. Francis DeSales (L)
09/28 A Dayton Ponitz (W)
10/04 A Hamilton Badin W/L)
10/11 A Middletown Bishop Fenwick (W)
10/18 H Dayton Carroll (W/L)
10/25 H Cincinnati Archbishop McNicholas (W)
11/01 A Dayton Chaminade Julienne (L)
Old 03-19-19, 07:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryTeacher View Post
Its cute that you believe all Alter athletes pay for their own tuition.
But not as cute that you think it matters. I have no idea who pays any kidístuition. I do know that my family has paid all the tuition for 17 of us in two generations, most of whom played sports.

I also know that all the athletes at Fairmont for generations have paid no tuition at all and that I help pay for their educations.

So, tell me what difference it makes who pays for a kidís education?
Old 03-19-19, 12:32 PM
All District

Deep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofOld View Post
CJ should be the favorite. Alter has a beefed up schedule that I wish they would have played last year with a loaded senior class. Alter will be down for one year and their realistic goal should be to just try to make the playoffs.

I also heard that Alter had several veteran coaches retire or step down. Having a more modern staff surrounding Coach Domsitz will be a good thing with people like Meyer, Alig, Willits, Morrison, Connor, Breyer, Fresh etc.

Cute
Old 03-19-19, 02:11 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofOld View Post

Thurgood Marshall, Belfry, and Ponitz is beefing up the schedule? Looks pretty soft to me outside of Fairmont (who will down), DeSales, and CJ
Old 03-21-19, 09:01 AM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Thurgood Marshall, Belfry, and Ponitz is beefing up the schedule? Looks pretty soft to me outside of Fairmont (who will down), DeSales, and CJ
Belfry, Kentucky and DeSales are replacing Roger Bacon and Purcell.

Belfry, 6 time state champ: Prior to 2017, they had seven consecutive state championship game appearances and four straight KHSAA Class AAA state titles.

There weren't a lot of choices to find a midseason game which is why Alter is stuck with Ponitz unless they wanted Moeller or a GCL South school which I haven't seen Centerville do either.

Centerville is playing Dunbar week 3, which is sad... Still licking your wounds from losing to Alter?
Old 03-21-19, 10:38 AM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench Bully View Post
I'm thinking that the 2019 Alter Knights are going to shock some people this upcoming year. They lose a lot of studs, but I think Steneman and McDonald are going to run all over the GCL and others. The defense has to fill many spots but I think they will eventually gel. That D-End Schimpf is a big-time ball player and could make lots of noise. Thoughts???
The Knights just reload! They have a system and they have things rolling! I think Alter is so good because everyone has bought in, especially the parents. If you have the parents on board they are invested and there isn't the negative coach bashing at home.
Old 03-21-19, 04:32 PM
Freshman

PATSFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Belfry, Kentucky and DeSales are replacing Roger Bacon and Purcell.

Belfry, 6 time state champ: Prior to 2017, they had seven consecutive state championship game appearances and four straight KHSAA Class AAA state titles.

There weren't a lot of choices to find a midseason game which is why Alter is stuck with Ponitz unless they wanted Moeller or a GCL South school which I haven't seen Centerville do either.

Centerville is playing Dunbar week 3, which is sad... Still licking your wounds from losing to Alter?
Not true. Alter refused to play Hartley in the GCL Coed and CCL alliance and that is why they are playing Ponitz.
Old 03-21-19, 06:58 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATSFB View Post
Not true. Alter refused to play Hartley in the GCL Coed and CCL alliance and that is why they are playing Ponitz.
Alter isn't going to schedule Hartley and Belfry, DeSales, and Hartley back to back to back while the rest of the league gets a bunny game vs Watterson and St. Charles...

How bad is Indianoplis Washington HS that you were able to beat 42-0, but get running clocked by Alter and CJ...