Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-08-19, 12:38 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalisimo View Post
Any thoughts on John DeMarco becoming OC at Lake ? Could spice up week # 4
We should have a pretty good idea what they will do. I think it will motivate the Louisville players more so than Lake. I would hope the Leopards would like to show how much things have changed. (Hopefully)
Old 03-08-19, 03:52 PM
Junior Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
I never once had an issue with our offense. Demarco as an OC is about as good as it gets. We scored points and we have the athletes to run the spread. I did have an issue with our DC. His 4-2-5 scheme was poor. Bring back Paul farrah and run the 5-2/5-3. Better yet run a 3-4/3-5 since everyone is spread anymore. Now learning that our old DC thought he was going to become the HC is hysterical to me.
Old 03-09-19, 09:52 AM
All District

Lewis43D is on a distinguished road
The fact the old DC got hired at mt union still blows my mind.

So what is the difference in your opinion between a 5-3 and a 3-5?

I always thought it depended on the linemen you had playing ends or linebackers, standing up vs being down in a stance. Was LT was considered a DE with the Giants I believe but very well could have been an outside linebacker maybe?
Old 03-10-19, 03:04 PM
Varsity

generalisimo is on a distinguished road
I always thought LT was considered a linebacker, but was also used as a DE, playing from a stance when they went to a four man front. Just a matter of how you use your people. Are you trying to keep things inside ? At least that's what I thought.
Old 03-10-19, 08:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Syrian Leopards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis43D View Post
The fact the old DC got hired at mt union still blows my mind.

So what is the difference in your opinion between a 5-3 and a 3-5?

I always thought it depended on the linemen you had playing ends or linebackers, standing up vs being down in a stance. Was LT was considered a DE with the Giants I believe but very well could have been an outside linebacker maybe?
Difference is what you call or what you do with those Edge guys. Are those Edge guys at the LOS? or are they off the ball? Old 5-3 teams put true DEís there and these new 3-5 teams put SS/OLB hybrid type kids which Louisville has a ton of them. The beauty of it is those kids can play at the LOS depending on the call. Iíve seen teams like Fitch have 3,4,5,5 man fronts. Our Old DC regardless of the scheme had his 4-2 Box and never adjusted. The 4-2-5 is a really a new age 4-4. Read and react and boring! But if you look at our history our defense has always been good when we attack people!
Old 03-12-19, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
I remember the old Louisville 5-3. They were so good at stopping the run. Erick Howard, Scott Weber just to name a few stark county great RB’s never really ran well against those tough defenses. Granted the game has changed the past 10 years and become more wide open but at the end of the day most HS teams want to run the ball
Old 03-14-19, 07:19 AM
Varsity

Those Louisville teams were almost impossible to run on. Howard may not have totaled 100 yards rushing for his career against the Leopards.Those were fun teams to watch.
Old 03-17-19, 08:55 PM
Junior Varsity

smittyRB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Those Louisville teams were almost impossible to run on. Howard may not have totaled 100 yards rushing for his career against the Leopards.Those were fun teams to watch.
Those teams were all about attitude also. The Crislip teams of the early 90s and the Farrah teams of the 2000s were all about attitude. I remember the Crislip teams just beating teams up week after week, and Farrah teams were the same way. The teams of the last several years took on the personality of its leader and that didn't work out.
Old 03-18-19, 12:43 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyRB View Post
Those teams were all about attitude also. The Crislip teams of the early 90s and the Farrah teams of the 2000s were all about attitude. I remember the Crislip teams just beating teams up week after week, and Farrah teams were the same way. The teams of the last several years took on the personality of its leader and that didn't work out.
Or your declining enrollment and egotistical parents could have played a roll in that as well?? No need to continue to bash a HIGH SCHOOL coach online. Lol not saying Demarco is the greatest coach, but you Louisville people are driving me crazy with all this whining about him. The man still won the league pretty much every year he was in it, and made the playoffs. When did you guys become so snooty? I mean i have family and friends that live out there so I know not everyone is like that, but some of the posters on here from the Ville just flat out stink. Last year I went to the Lake vs Louisville game and after following Louisville for YEARS in the early 00ís and that team wouldíve got smoked by any of the others. The talent and size wasnít there. Just acccept it for what it is.
Old 03-18-19, 03:03 PM
All American

John is a quality person without question, but he is not a head football coach. The only games Louisville won while he was here were the ones where they had more and better athletes. You cannot name one game he won that he shouldn't have. One playoff win in ten years is not getting it done. Sorry, but those are the facts.
Old 03-18-19, 04:33 PM
Varsity

pavis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Any thoughts on John DeMarco becoming OC at Lake ? Could spice up week # 4
From the people I have talked to, he is only coaching QBs at this point. But, IMO, I dont see how he can't have an influence on playcalling to some extent. Then again, I am far from being someone 'in the know'.
Old 03-19-19, 04:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
John is a quality person without question, but he is not a head football coach. The only games Louisville won while he was here were the ones where they had more and better athletes. You cannot name one game he won that he shouldn't have. One playoff win in ten years is not getting it done. Sorry, but those are the facts.
And any of those teams Demarco coached had nowhere near the raw talent and size that some of those early 2000s teams had. Like I said, declining enrollment and some parents definitely played a factor as well. Iím fine with them letting him go and moving on, but jeez some of you act like Louisville is the new Massillon of Stark county football with how ďdominantĒ they should be. Plus you guys finally got out of that lil sissy league and played a manís schedule. I tip my cap to you guys for that, but now you know whatís it like to be like Lake playing these schools all the time. Regardless of your coach, your glory days of 9-1 and 10-0 every year are past ya and this new coach wonít have it easy in Louisville because as some of these posters on here have shown, you guys are supposed to be world beaters and that will not happen playing a federal league dominat schedule.
Old 03-19-19, 06:09 PM
All American

No one with any sense expects Louisville to be world beaters. As you said, we were in a sissy league and still got out coached. Any H C that allows parents to influence him shows little character. Back in 2017 none of the coaching staff showed for the kickoff dinner because some idiot parents were after the HC job. Way to show your team how to stand up to adversity. Most of us will be happy playing competitive teams and going 6-4, 7-3 and making some noise in the playoffs. You have a nice qb coach, be happy and good luck.

Last edited by hitme; 03-20-19 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-19-19, 09:37 PM
All District

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
And any of those teams Demarco coached had nowhere near the raw talent and size that some of those early 2000s teams had. Like I said, declining enrollment and some parents definitely played a factor as well. Iím fine with them letting him go and moving on, but jeez some of you act like Louisville is the new Massillon of Stark county football with how ďdominantĒ they should be. Plus you guys finally got out of that lil sissy league and played a manís schedule. I tip my cap to you guys for that, but now you know whatís it like to be like Lake playing these schools all the time. Regardless of your coach, your glory days of 9-1 and 10-0 every year are past ya and this new coach wonít have it easy in Louisville because as some of these posters on here have shown, you guys are supposed to be world beaters and that will not happen playing a federal league dominat schedule.

Disagree 1000% with this. Look at the other boys programs in the school: Basketball numbers are up and program is winning, Wrestling program is at an all time high, and baseball has a legit title shot this season. Same kids walking the halls that play these sports that are currently playing (or should be) playing football.

I certainly don't expect Us to be playing for a state title every year, but I also am sick of people accepting mediocracy as a standard in this town. Good lord 1 playoff win in the last 8 years is inexcusable sorry. Quit blaming parents all the time, nobody is after the Cross County coaches job because he is doing a great job. Nobody is after Hoops coach, again he is doing a good job. About 4 years ago some "idiot parents" wanted a change in the wrestling program. Administration let go of a great guy (not a good head coach, but great guy), and we have a top 3 finish as a team and crown 2 state champions. It had only been 33 years since our last champion, but it was the parents fault right?
Old 03-20-19, 04:48 AM
All American

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Way to show your team how to stand up to diversity.
Aw, cmon - your town has stood up to diversity for years.
Old 03-20-19, 06:23 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Aw, cmon - your town has stood up to diversity for years.
This made me laugh out loud. Normally I notice all of the spelling and grammar errors but I missed the adversity/diversity the first time. Nice catch.
Old 03-20-19, 06:26 AM
All American

Got me,should have been adversity. You have no clue.

Last edited by hitme; 03-20-19 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-20-19, 09:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard4life View Post
Disagree 1000% with this. Look at the other boys programs in the school: Basketball numbers are up and program is winning, Wrestling program is at an all time high, and baseball has a legit title shot this season. Same kids walking the halls that play these sports that are currently playing (or should be) playing football.

I certainly don't expect Us to be playing for a state title every year, but I also am sick of people accepting mediocracy as a standard in this town. Good lord 1 playoff win in the last 8 years is inexcusable sorry. Quit blaming parents all the time, nobody is after the Cross County coaches job because he is doing a great job. Nobody is after Hoops coach, again he is doing a good job. About 4 years ago some "idiot parents" wanted a change in the wrestling program. Administration let go of a great guy (not a good head coach, but great guy), and we have a top 3 finish as a team and crown 2 state champions. It had only been 33 years since our last champion, but it was the parents fault right?
The difference in those sports is that you don’t need 50+ guys on your roster plus 22 starters and some in a sport that requires size and speed or you’ll get crushed. Declining enrollment figures in schools like Lake and Louisville hit a sport like football A LOT harder rather than sports like wrestling, basketball etc. Like I said earlier, I’m fine with them letting him go, he didn’t get things done in the playoffs and that’s that. No debating that. But some posters on here act like the guy couldn’t win a game to save his life which is not the case. I personally don’t enjoy a when a coach who has put an imessurable amount of hours into that program get bashed! Just deserves a lot more respect from some on here than he’s gotten. Dude has a clean slate and is a class act.

And to add to your wresting program, those kids were studs throughout youth and middle school wrestling before Rocky even got there. Everyone knew they’d be good. And that’s no discredit to Rocky, hellva coach and he took the talent and ran with it, as he did at Jackson.
Old 03-21-19, 05:50 PM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Word is old Conway Twiddy has got them boys putting in some work!!! Hopefully the leopards keep up the grind!!! Gonna need a new weightroom if they keep up this pace!!!
Old 03-21-19, 07:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
The difference in those sports is that you donít need 50+ guys on your roster plus 22 starters and some in a sport that requires size and speed or youíll get crushed. Declining enrollment figures in schools like Lake and Louisville hit a sport like football A LOT harder rather than sports like wrestling, basketball etc. Like I said earlier, Iím fine with them letting him go, he didnít get things done in the playoffs and thatís that. No debating that. But some posters on here act like the guy couldnít win a game to save his life which is not the case. I personally donít enjoy a when a coach who has put an imessurable amount of hours into that program get bashed! Just deserves a lot more respect from some on here than heís gotten. Dude has a clean slate and is a class act.

And to add to your wresting program, those kids were studs throughout youth and middle school wrestling before Rocky even got there. Everyone knew theyíd be good. And thatís no discredit to Rocky, hellva coach and he took the talent and ran with it, as he did at Jackson.
You see one Louisville game in 10 years and you have all the answers. Amazing.
Old 03-22-19, 12:25 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
Word is old Conway Twiddy has got them boys putting in some work!!! Hopefully the leopards keep up the grind!!! Gonna need a new weightroom if they keep up this pace!!!
Seems like the guys are being challenged this off season . That's good news and also the sort of thing people have been looking for.Go Leps!!!
Old 03-22-19, 09:38 PM
All American

hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Louisville will be playing at Point Pleasant (WV) on 10/18.
Old 03-22-19, 09:59 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvhsmgr View Post
Yikes.
Thatís a hell of a trip.
Old 03-22-19, 10:49 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
There are Columbus schools available week 8, somebody mentioned before that Steubenville was possible, but we decide to have an away game even farther away? I hope there is a good reason for this.
Old 03-22-19, 11:01 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
There are Columbus schools available week 8, somebody mentioned before that Steubenville was possible, but we decide to have an away game even farther away? I hope there is a good reason for this.
Maybe get in a little deer hunting while in WV..
Old 03-23-19, 06:15 AM
All Ohio

doverbuck is on a distinguished road
considering the situation Dover and Louisville really need to start playing each other,hopefully in 2020.
Old 03-23-19, 08:26 AM
All District

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Conway Twiddy is staging a comeback tour!!!!
Old 03-23-19, 12:35 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Drive to Youngstown the week before to play Mooney, then a 185 mile trip to West By Gawd...3 hours by car, then play Massillon the next week...welcome to being an independent. If Mooney has their act together and not be like last year....I see 3 losses here...and you still have to play the Fed
Old 03-23-19, 03:08 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
didn't richard gere get stuck there a while back???
Old 03-23-19, 04:11 PM
All Ohio

Legend39 is on a distinguished road
no need to worry about the mothman, just heard if it happens, the ville will be playing in parkersburg...