Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-18, 10:54 PM
All American

SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRule View Post
I hope that the optimists are correct but yes this will be a learning year.

As of today 5-5 seems reasonable. Let's see a scrimmage and how these sophomores have developed physically and mentally.

Where are you getting five losses on this schedule? I mean, maybe 6-4 if things go terribly.
Old 06-20-18, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr willie View Post
Now Auggie what kind of response are you looking for on this. You completely disappoint me.
I don't know, just disappointed in his actions as I thought he had some great opportunities ahead of him and now because of some choice(s)... I guess we can blame the Jesuits though as they had the most recent influence on him.
Old 06-20-18, 09:36 AM
All Yappi

My projected record at this time>

Ursuline: Benny decent favorite. W
@ Shaker Heights: I have no clue what Shaker has coming back coming off of a 4-6 primarily Div I schedule LY. This could go either way but I guess Benny is a slight Fave. Shaky W
@ SVSM: Thinking since it's at Green Street and SVSM has a better roster at this point the Irish are a slight fave. L
Cathedral Prep: They lose some high end talent but are a reload type machine. L
@Watterson: Benny use to have trouble at Hagley but this is not your big brother's Watterson program. W
@ Hoban: State Div II title fave. L
NDCL: This is the game that will tell how the season breaks. Well coached with some decent football players that think they were screwed in this game LY. Very Shaky W
@ Lake Catholic: Basically NDCL with a shakier coaching situation. Shaky W
@ Padua: Benny really needs this game. Benny has better athletes but has had issues with the bigger Bruins and their coach has the Bengals number. L
Walsh Jesuit: They probably will be packing it in by this time. W

I see 6-4 with NDCL & Lake being the key games. Not a lot of computer points to be had with this group either. To get to 8-2 they would have to beat a decent SVSM side and current nemesis Padua, both on the road. At the very best they go 8-2.
Old 06-20-18, 11:20 AM
All District

River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
My projected record at this time>

Ursuline: Benny decent favorite. W
@ Shaker Heights: I have no clue what Shaker has coming back coming off of a 4-6 primarily Div I schedule LY. This could go either way but I guess Benny is a slight Fave. Shaky W
@ SVSM: Thinking since it's at Green Street and SVSM has a better roster at this point the Irish are a slight fave. L
Cathedral Prep: They lose some high end talent but are a reload type machine. L
@Watterson: Benny use to have trouble at Hagley but this is not your big brother's Watterson program. W
@ Hoban: State Div II title fave. L
NDCL: This is the game that will tell how the season breaks. Well coached with some decent football players that think they were screwed in this game LY. Very Shaky W
@ Lake Catholic: Basically NDCL with a shakier coaching situation. Shaky W
@ Padua: Benny really needs this game. Benny has better athletes but has had issues with the bigger Bruins and their coach has the Bengals number. L
Walsh Jesuit: They probably will be packing it in by this time. W

I see 6-4 with NDCL & Lake being the key games. Not a lot of computer points to be had with this group either. To get to 8-2 they would have to beat a decent SVSM side and current nemesis Padua, both on the road. At the very best they go 8-2.

The very best would be 10-0. The Buckeyes are not on their schedule. Sure Hoban and Erie are a big ask but coming from a parent of a former state champ, St Edward kid and Another from St Xavier. Benedictine is a big ask too.
Old 06-20-18, 02:12 PM
All District

TBone 22 is on a distinguished road
Benedictine will be lucky to win 3 games this season.
Old 06-20-18, 02:39 PM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Eagle View Post
You also have an incoming junior, 6í 220 lbs LB / FB that was the only two way starter for St Xavier (JV) last season.
Old 06-20-18, 04:16 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
Buzz
Old 06-20-18, 08:42 PM
All District

fr willie is on a distinguished road
Maybe a little too much red meat T Bone ?
Old 06-23-18, 11:15 AM
All American

bluengold
Quote:
Buzz
The Mastrobuono family move back to the Cleveland area?
Old 06-23-18, 12:16 PM
All District

fac974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold View Post
3rd school of his highschool career....

Hard to be a true MOB with so many different experiences to his education already.
Old 06-23-18, 02:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac974 View Post

Hard to be a true MOB with so many different experiences to his education already.
Seems the last school was Xavier. Unless thereís some other St X that I donít know of then itís not really like bouncing from Hoban to SVSM to Bene...
Old 06-23-18, 02:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold View Post
Yes, last month.
Old 06-23-18, 03:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac974 View Post

Is this meant to disparage an outstanding sixteen year old kid?

Last edited by River_Eagle; 07-30-18 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-23-18, 03:46 PM
All District

If anybody is actually interested in talking football... Has anyone been up to any of the past three camp days?
Old 07-05-18, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If anybody is actually interested in talking football... Has anyone been up to any of the past three camp days?
No news is actually good news when it comes to football talk in the early summer. I assume no injuries or bone head mistakes that could affect eligibility have occurred so far, hopefully this is the case leading into the season.
Old 07-05-18, 09:14 AM
All District

Everything is going well ..so far .No injuries and alot of enthusiasm. 7 on 7 July 9th vs Sandusky. Starting aprox. Noon. First actual scrimmage August 7 at Strongsville. Go Bengals !!!
Old 07-06-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

Official schedule including scrimmages has been released: https://eur02.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

3-way w/ Strongsville/Firestone
Away
Strongsville

Akron Ellet
Home
Bossu Field

Garfield Heights
Home
Bedford High School

Regular season schedule in a more cleaned up version>
08/25 7:00 PM H Youngstown Ursuline
08/31 5:00 PM A Shaker Heights
09/07 7:00 PM A Akron St. Vincent-St Mary
09/14 7:00 PM H Erie Cathedral Preparatory (PA)
09/21 7:30 PM A Columbus Bishop Watterson
09/28 7:00 PM A Akron Archbishop Hoban
10/06 1:00 PM H Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin
10/13 7:00 PM A Mentor Lake Catholic
10/19 7:00 PM A Parma Padua Franciscan
10/26 7:00 PM H Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit

Last edited by Auggie; 07-19-18 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-19-18, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

Also, the 1973 and 2003 State Championship teams will be honored during the opener against Ursuline.
Old 07-26-18, 05:55 PM
All District

parkhaven is an unknown quantity at this point
I see that Auggie is still wishing and hoping that NDCL fails.

Apparently, Auggie has gotten it into his head that Benedictine can't succeed unless NDCL fails. How pathetic is that? But then, Auggie is another one of those self-designated "classy Benedictine fans" who feels a need to disparage other schools and publish misinformation about them while maintaining the Yappi site is private and only Benedictine fans can put up posts on it. Too funny. One of the more intelligent Bennie fans really should get Auggie under control so that we don't have to revisit certain events in Benedictine's history that the Bennie fans hate to discuss. Suffice to say, "Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it".
Old 07-26-18, 07:26 PM
All District

Twoadays start on monday. 8am - about 5pm. Through saturday.The next week hitting starts 3pm - 8pm First scrimmage Aug.7th at Strongsville.
Old 07-26-18, 07:28 PM
All District

We don't have to talk about Notre Dame Academy. State Championships Benny 8 Notre Dame 0. 'nuff said.
Old 07-26-18, 09:07 PM
All District

Sportsmanship.

Quote:
We don't have to talk about Notre Dame Academy. State Championships Benny 8 Notre Dame 0. 'nuff said.
There is this thing called sportsmanship. It is an ideal that we try to instill in our young student athletes. I spent seven years trying to explain its role to the LC fan base, but they were far too dumb to be able to appreciate how it was ruining their football program. At the end of it, their program crashed and burned much like Benedictine's did for a decade after the Williams debacle. Do you really want to have to relearn that lesson yet again?

BTW, why did Fox transfer from Benedictine outside of the fact that he didn't bleed Blue & White obviously? Do you know? I was just wondering.
Old 07-27-18, 03:34 PM
All District

Sure I know ,but this is not the place to talk about that. I have a novel idea .Why don't you start a NDCL forum and talk to there fans. As far as schools being able to survive in this tight money time, we have been able to keep it going pretty well. We did not close down as some schools have ( The real Cathedral Latin).
Old 07-27-18, 04:02 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
There is this thing called sportsmanship. It is an ideal that we try to instill in our young student athletes. I spent seven years trying to explain its role to the LC fan base, but they were far too dumb to be able to appreciate how it was ruining their football program. At the end of it, their program crashed and burned much like Benedictine's did for a decade after the Williams debacle. Do you really want to have to relearn that lesson yet again?

BTW, why did Fox transfer from Benedictine outside of the fact that he didn't bleed Blue & White obviously? Do you know? I was just wondering.
Really? Ray Williams. That was 15 years ago. It's over. Talking about a classless fan. You really fit the mold. 130 in the Benedictine Freshman class this year. 55 on the football squad. What's your point? You have none. As Fr Willie asks of you. Form your own NDCL thread and post on it. Oh yeah, you'd be the only guy posting on that thread. C-YA!
Old 07-27-18, 06:51 PM
All District

fac974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hearing some rumblings of another player transferring out......
Old 07-27-18, 07:39 PM
All District

No....
Bad info
Old 07-27-18, 07:49 PM
All District

Benedictine's Williams debacle.

Quote:
Sure I know ,but this is not the place to talk about that. I have a novel idea .Why don't you start a NDCL forum and talk to there fans. As far as schools being able to survive in this tight money time, we have been able to keep it going pretty well. We did not close down as some schools have ( The real Cathedral Latin).
This is exactly the sort of forum where Benedictine's Williams debacle should be discussed. Perhaps you forgot about the Benedictine Alumnus who was on this forum expressing his concern that "thugs" were playing on the Benedictine team a few years after the Williams affair. He was commenting about his experience with some of the Benedictine players while visiting the school. It should be noted for those who aren't up to speed on the subject matter of the Williams debacle that a stand-out and at that time enrolled Benedictine football player (Raymond Williams) was convicted of murder. (Obviously, he was a standout in more ways than one.) Later, he would be found to have violated his probation and I believe ended up being incarcerated. (I really don't care to get into the odiferous details of the entire sad affair. Interested parties can research the history if they are so inclined.) The point is that like LC, Benedictine has a long history of having problems with failing to instill sportsmanship into its players that arose out of the school's adoption of a "winning-at-any-cost" philosophy. My point here and one that the Benedictine fan base should consider is that "Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it" and especially Benedictine's history when it comes to their football program.

While we are discussing Benedictine, which other seniors transferred this year from Benedictine to other schools in addition to Fox?
Old 07-30-18, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

Findy15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhaven View Post
This is exactly the sort of forum where Benedictine's Williams debacle should be discussed. Perhaps you forgot about the Benedictine Alumnus who was on this forum expressing his concern that "thugs" were playing on the Benedictine team a few years after the Williams affair. He was commenting about his experience with some of the Benedictine players while visiting the school. It should be noted for those who aren't up to speed on the subject matter of the Williams debacle that a stand-out and at that time enrolled Benedictine football player (Raymond Williams) was convicted of murder. (Obviously, he was a standout in more ways than one.) Later, he would be found to have violated his probation and I believe ended up being incarcerated. (I really don't care to get into the odiferous details of the entire sad affair. Interested parties can research the history if they are so inclined.) The point is that like LC, Benedictine has a long history of having problems with failing to instill sportsmanship into its players that arose out of the school's adoption of a "winning-at-any-cost" philosophy. My point here and one that the Benedictine fan base should consider is that "Those who ignore history are destined to repeat it" and especially Benedictine's history when it comes to their football program.

While we are discussing Benedictine, which other seniors transferred this year from Benedictine to other schools in addition to Fox?
How was Benedictine supposed to prevent what happened outside of the school??? Have him stay at an alumni's house? His mother begged the school to keep him at Benedictine. They did. Unfortunately Benedictine took the hit for what transpired. People leave the school every year for many different reasons. The negativity you are implying is less than 1% of why people leave. So stop. My son attended Benedictine. He had a Great experience, both academically & athletically.
Old 07-30-18, 05:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findy15 View Post
How was Benedictine supposed to prevent what happened outside of the school??? Have him stay at an alumni's house? His mother begged the school to keep him at Benedictine. They did. Unfortunately Benedictine took the hit for what transpired. People leave the school every year for many different reasons. The negativity you are implying is less than 1% of why people leave. So stop. My son attended Benedictine. He had a Great experience, both academically & athletically.

Agreed.

Beneís A good school with good history. Iím not sure why people who seem to support the school are so quick to air dirty laundry in a football forum.
Old 07-30-18, 08:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findy15 View Post
Your question is very easy to answer. Raymond Williams was a senior when he was charged and thereby very much a product of Benedictine's educational system that included his religious and moral development given that Benedictine is ostensibly a Catholic HS. Benedictine is never shy about taking credit for anyone who succeeds while at the school or after even when the connection between the Benedictine HS and their accomplishments is akin to the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon". But when it comes to Raymond Williams, Benedictine continues to refuse to own it. And, that is why it continues to lay out there like Lancelot's old wound that never healed. There cannot be salvation without admission and personal acceptance for our failures. Is Benedictine supposed to be a Catholic School. The reason I ask is because Benedictine so often reminds me of LC which was clearly Fake Catholic in many ways for a long time.
Closed Thread