Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-28-17, 10:40 AM
Varsity

Diamond Hit Club is on a distinguished road
Diamond Hit Club Tryouts 2017-2018

Diamond Hit Club is a proud franchise members of the prestigious Diamond League and Ohio Prospects League for the 2017-2018 season. We will be holding Tryouts for all ages at a few locations as we will have winter training locations in Willoughby, Mentor, Euclid, Strongsville, and Medina in 2018. We are making this move so we are be able to provide training locations for all areas of greater Cleveland.

NOTE: Teams for ages 14-18u will be taking our level of play to the next level and we plan on attending The ABC in Indiana, applying to the Midwest Prospects League and The Music City Classic in Tennessee. We want to provide maximum exposure to our players at the DI, DII, and DIII levels. Coach Aspero also coaches for Bergen Beach Scout team and Diamond Hit Club players will have an opportunity to make the team. Bergen Beach is led by coach Steve Bort. Feel free to contact coach Bort with any questions about Bergen Beach.

Diamond Hit Club has had over 90% of their players go on to play college baseball. We continue to put our players in a situation to have success and find them the right school that fits them both academically and athletically. We are excited to add teams at younger ages that will result in player developing the necessary skills at a much needed younger age!

Diamond Hit Club offers a full training program (pitching, catching, fielding, hitting) that is geared towards preparing student athletes for high school, College, and Professional Baseball. We play a competitive league schedule and games will be played around the Cleveland/Akron area along with showcase tournaments. All coaches are paid and have experience in teaching/coaching/playing either at the college, professional, or high school level.

Please see details below for tryouts and follow us on twitter and our site for updates on Tryouts and weather. WEST SIDE AND SOUTH SIDE TRYOUTS WILL BE POSTED AT A LATER DATE.....TRYOUTS ARE OPEN TRYOUTS BUT PREREGISTRATION IS ENCOURAGED YOU CAN PREREGISTER AT….

https://diamondhitclub.sportngin.com...566.1498657830

Sincerely,
Tom Aspero
President Diamond Hit Club
Part Time Scout NY Mets
Assistant Coach Lake Catholic High School

EMAIL: diamondhitclub@yahoo.com

PHONE: Tom Aspero – 216-323-0234
Steve Bort – 917-842-1860

WEBSITES: diamondhitclub.com

TWITTER: @DiamondHitClub

TRYOUT DATES:

Wednesday July 26th Paul Sera Field Euclid
(631 East 222nd St Euclid OH 44123)

10u,11u,12u,13u - Registration 5:00pm Tryout 5:30pm -7:00pm

14u, 15u, 16u, 17u, 18u - Registration 6:30pm Tryout 7:00pm - 8:30pm

Saturday July 29th Paul Sera Field Euclid

10u,11u,12u,13u - Registration 3:30pm Tryout 4:00-6:00pm

14u, 15u, 16u, 17u, 18u - Registration 5:30pm Tryout 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Sunday July 30th Lake Catholic High School
(6733 Reynolds Road, Mentor Ohio 44060)

10u,11u,12u,13u - Registration 2:30pm Tryout 3:00-5:00pm

Sunday July 30th Berea-Midpark High School
(165 E Bagley Rd, Berea, Ohio 44017)

10u,11u,12u,13u - Registration 8:30am Tryout 9:00am-10:30am

14u, 15u, 16u, 17u, 18u - Registration 10:30am Tryout 11:00am - 1:00pm

Wednesday August 2nd Paul Sera Field Euclid

Saturday August 5th Lake Catholic High School

10u,11u,12u,13u - Registration 11:00am Tryout 11:30-1:30pm

14u, 15u, 16u, 17u, 18u - Registration 2:00pm Tryout 2:30pm - 4:30pm

Sunday August 6th Paul Sera Field Euclid

Last edited by Diamond Hit Club; 07-16-17 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Added Tryout Location for West Side
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-17, 08:49 PM
All Region

Bugsy8875 is on a distinguished road
Of this list of College Commitments from your program, which ones actually got money to play? Most of these are D3 and Community Colleges. There is no money there.

http://www.diamondhitclub.com/page/s...4-committments
Old 06-29-17, 03:44 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
At a recent tournament in eastern Ohio with a rain-shortened format, I hear this guy somehow weaseled his 18u team's way past some small independent team coming out of pool play, even though the indie team straight up beat him head to head and both had 1-1 records. He had also avoided playing what was regarded as the toughest team in the pool in the rain-shortened format, only beating the 0-2 team for his sole win in pool play.

Now, I'm not sure how a responsible director even lets that happen, but I'm told it's fact. It gets better, though. This director supposedly saw that he had defied all logic in creating his "emergency weather bracket", and wanted to make it right by giving a top seed an extra bye and letting the indie team that beat DHC in the first pool game play back in against another 1-1 team.

This Squiggy fellow from DHClub freaks out, calls all the other Diamond League club teams in the bracket, begs them to refuse to play the indie team, and even gets the Diamond League commissioner to threaten to boycott the tournament next year.

If anyone remembers the old Plain Dealer Travel Baseball Forum, this guy had a LOT of haters.

If it was my kid, I would have to personally know a few people that had great seasons here before I took my kid. Just sayin'...
Old 06-29-17, 07:20 PM
Varsity

To clear things up... What happened is rain came in and it was so bad the tournament posted single elimination after everyone's first pool game. Every team in the tournament made it to single Elimination including this independent team starting with each team's next pool play games regardless of the any of the previous games played in the entire tournament. DHC went on the next day to win two games securing a final eight spot in the tournament on Sunday.

In regards to League Directors and teams refusing to play also untrue. This independent team did get to play a game just like all the other 32 teams including DHC after their first pool game. They lost in single elimination play and did not make it to the next round.
Old 06-29-17, 07:32 PM
Varsity

We had over 155,000.00 awarded in Division Two Scholarships kids ranged from 25%-50% off over the last three years. We also had kids that went Division III that could have been DII guys but chose the school that they felt was best for them. We leave decisions up to each family. DHC prides itself on providing the best training and exposure possible but in the end it is up to what each family wants.
Old 06-29-17, 08:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hit Club View Post
To clear things up... What happened is rain came in and it was so bad the tournament posted single elimination after everyone's first pool game. Every team in the tournament made it to single Elimination including this independent team starting with each team's next pool play games regardless of the any of the previous games played in the entire tournament. DHC went on the next day to win two games securing a final eight spot in the tournament on Sunday.
Clear things up ? That's an interesting choice of words. The selection of verbiage in such situations seems pretty important. Could you tell me if anything in the next paragraph is wrong ? This still "smells funny"....

So, your loss against the indie team (truth) netted you a first game in single-elimination bracket play against another 0-1 team (truth). The indie team that beat you was rewarded for the win against you with a game against another 1-0 team (truth) to begin single elimination.

Each of my sons have played thousands of innings of tournament baseball (truth). I've never seen or heard of anything like that before (truth).

Quote:
In regards to League Directors and teams refusing to play also untrue. This independent team did get to play a game just like all the other 32 teams including DHC after their first pool game. They lost in single elimination play and did not make it to the next round.
I'm told the indie team played their second pool opponent, lost the game, and was out - but with a refund. DHC played their second pool game and went into a 16 team bracket.

It sounds like you just may as well call the first day's games practice games.
Given that it isn't on your Gamechanger with the other games, it kind of seems like you're pretending it didn't happen, anyway. I guess you may have merely benefited from dumb luck, without any maneuvering.

It's easy to believe that John had too much "good guy" about him to throw his weight around.
Old 06-29-17, 08:31 PM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
You must mean over $155,000 awarded scholarship money ranging from 25% to 50% awarded from D2 schools as being primarily academic scholarship monies. No way that total could be actual athletic baseball scholarship monies, because that's just not believable. D2 schools as we know are limited in their baseball scholarship monies, so if any kid received even $5000 in baseball money, that would be high end. So using your math, at say $5000 per kid, then you would have over 30 kids receiving top D2 baseball scholarship $ these past three years ? Highly unlikely. You should be more clear regarding your figures, especially dealing with people who have had multiple kids play at the D2 level and above. Now, if that awarded $155,000 you speak of is primarily academic money earned by student athletes, give those kids the credit for putting their academics ahead of their baseball priorities. But no way your organization is getting that many kids those baseball athletic scholly money.
Old 06-29-17, 08:59 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitnrun View Post
You must mean over $155,000 awarded scholarship money ranging from 25% to 50% awarded from D2 schools as being primarily academic scholarship monies. No way that total could be actual athletic baseball scholarship monies, because that's just not believable. D2 schools as we know are limited in their baseball scholarship monies, so if any kid received even $5000 in baseball money, that would be high end. So using your math, at say $5000 per kid, then you would have over 30 kids receiving top D2 baseball scholarship $ these past three years ? Highly unlikely. You should be more clear regarding your figures, especially dealing with people who have had multiple kids play at the D2 level and above. Now, if that awarded $155,000 you speak of is primarily academic money earned by student athletes, give those kids the credit for putting their academics ahead of their baseball priorities. But no way your organization is getting that many kids those baseball athletic scholly money.
Truth...you just got owned.
Old 06-29-17, 09:23 PM
Freshman

Pelotero2934 is on a distinguished road
I do not understand your concern? Isn't the ultimate goal to develop young athletes and assist them along their baseball journey - whether that may be youth to high school, high school to college, or for a select few - HS/College to Professional? In my conversations regarding travel baseball in Northeast Ohio with my "coaching network" I have heard nothing but positive things about the Diamond Hit Club Staff. I have been to a handful of their games at various age groups each summer and have seen multiple collegiate scouts. Many of which have made multiple appearances.

Not sure why your concern is money? Especially if your children have already made it to the D2 level and will not be trying out for this organization? I do not see anything in the post by "Diamond Hit Club" that appears to be a lie or untrue. I have played & coached against the Diamond Hit Club organization over the years and will say that they are a first class organization. If they were not a legit, reputable program they would not be invited to the tournaments and leagues that they participate in year after year with continued growth (According to their post).

Seems like you are only focused on the money involved. The bottom line is whether DI,DII,DIII, NJCAA or NAIA, Diamond Hit Club has done a solid job at getting their guys to the school that most importantly fits them. Their website is proof, but if you still fail to believe google the kids names.
Old 06-29-17, 09:31 PM
Freshman

Pelotero2934 is on a distinguished road
I do not understand your concern? Isn't the ultimate goal to develop young athletes and assist them along their baseball journey - whether that may be youth to high school, high school to college, or for a select few - HS/College to Professional? In my conversations regarding travel baseball in Northeast Ohio with my "coaching network" I have heard nothing but positive things about the Diamond Hit Club Staff. I have been to a handful of their games at various age groups each summer and have seen multiple collegiate scouts. Many of which have made multiple appearances.

Not sure why your concern is money? Especially if your children have already made it to the D2 level and will not be trying out for this organization? I do not see anything in the post by "Diamond Hit Club" that appears to be a lie or untrue. I have played & coached against the Diamond Hit Club organization over the years and will say that they are a first class organization. If they were not a legit, reputable program they would not be invited to the tournaments and leagues that they participate in year after year with continued growth (According to their post).

Seems like you are only focused on the money involved. The bottom line is whether DI,DII,DIII, NJCAA or NAIA, Diamond Hit Club has done a solid job at getting their guys to the school that most importantly fits them. Their website is proof, but if you still fail to believe google the kids names.
Old 06-29-17, 09:49 PM
Freshman

MAGA is on a distinguished road
You heard wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
At a recent tournament in eastern Ohio with a rain-shortened format, I hear this guy somehow weaseled his 18u team's way past some small independent team coming out of pool play, even though the indie team straight up beat him head to head and both had 1-1 records. He had also avoided playing what was regarded as the toughest team in the pool in the rain-shortened format, only beating the 0-2 team for his sole win in pool play.

Now, I'm not sure how a responsible director even lets that happen, but I'm told it's fact. It gets better, though. This director supposedly saw that he had defied all logic in creating his "emergency weather bracket", and wanted to make it right by giving a top seed an extra bye and letting the indie team that beat DHC in the first pool game play back in against another 1-1 team.

This Squiggy fellow from DHClub freaks out, calls all the other Diamond League club teams in the bracket, begs them to refuse to play the indie team, and even gets the Diamond League commissioner to threaten to boycott the tournament next year.

If anyone remembers the old Plain Dealer Travel Baseball Forum, this guy had a LOT of haters.

If it was my kid, I would have to personally know a few people that had great seasons here before I took my kid. Just sayin'...
You probably heard Hillary was going to win the election too, eh? That tournament was changed to single elimination for all 32 teams regardless of each of the 32 teams win/loss record after the first games played. Win and move on, lose and you're out....period, end of story. DHC won two and made it to elite "8". The "indie" team lost their first game and was OUT, until they cried like little school girls that they didn't think the new format was fair, and because they beat DHC in the first pool game prior to THE NEW FORMAT, and that they should be allowed back in the tournament. Wrong Wrong and Wrong....oh and by the way Hillary didn't win the election and it wasn't Russia's doing! MAGA! LOL
Old 06-30-17, 06:15 AM
Freshman

More money for D-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy8875 View Post
Of this list of College Commitments from your program, which ones actually got money to play? Most of these are D3 and Community Colleges. There is no money there.

http://www.diamondhitclub.com/page/s...4-committments
Your belief is a misnomer. "There is no money there" for an athletic scholarship at a D-3 school, is a 1/2 truth. There is more money to be awarded at a D-3 school if the player is highly recruited. D-3 schools have grants which can be awarded for many different reasons, NOT solely for academics.
A more true statement is that there is no money for baseball athletic scholarships at D-1 and D-2 schools, unless you are a pitcher or catcher, or in the top 2% of entering baseball players. Even then there are restrictions to how much money a player can receive (Baseball), because of the schools overall Athletic Scholarship regulations; which include if that player receives $10k in Athletic + $10k in Scholarship- it counts as $20k toward that programs "Athletic Money". Many D-1/D-2 programs offer players spots on their rosters because they will receive more money based on academics, saving their athletic scholarship money for the 2%'r who is dumb as a rock. (How does that normally work out for them?).
D-3 schools have more flexibility to offer a Board of Directors Grant, President's Grant, Egg Scrambler Grant, Tiddly Winks Grant, etc etc, without the scrutiny of the NCAA regulations.
If your goal is to play baseball at the collegiate level and attain the best education possible, D-3 is the way to go. Unless of course your a 2%'r who will go D-1/D-2 and get drafted in the MLB- and that's 1% of players after/during the College level, which obviously your son must be?
Let me know who that top prospect is; I'd love to follow him and watch him succeed at that D-1/D-2 and on to the MLB. I would venture to say his name is Dillon Dingler- Because he's the only one of (80) players I saw play with my son (who's going D-3, who received $29k off of a $49K per year school with less than a 3.0gpa and 24 on his ACT) at the All Ohio Mizuno Games three weeks ago, who has a shot to "make it"- of course I'm certain your son was there so I'm certain you know who I'm talking about?
If not I certainly hope he receives an excellent education and got to play the game he loved (in college) without sending you to the "poor farm" after investing $5-10K (maybe more) per year on Little League and High School Travel Baseball. In the end, the "Come Line" on the Craps Table would have been a better investment.
Regardless if the player goes D-1, D-2, D-3 or JUCO, the odds are the same for each individual player to make it to the MLB.
Also there is no such thing as a "full ride" for baseball; just sayin....
Old 06-30-17, 06:20 AM
All Ohio

Simply put, don't put financial numbers out there that may be confusing to the average parent of a young teen, implying that your organization can get their son that kind of athletic scholarship money, when in fact that's not true. We all know the real money comes from academic awards, which any kid in any organization can earn. Parents see that $155,000 figure, and potentially jump at the opportunity to get their little Johnny a baseball scholarship. Bait and switch?
Old 06-30-17, 08:03 AM
Freshman

Cognitive Dissonance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitnrun View Post
Simply put, don't put financial numbers out there that may be confusing to the average parent of a young teen, implying that your organization can get their son that kind of athletic scholarship money, when in fact that's not true. We all know the real money comes from academic awards, which any kid in any organization can earn. Parents see that $155,000 figure, and potentially jump at the opportunity to get their little Johnny a baseball scholarship. Bait and switch?
First of all, is that $155k number actual? Probably, and quite low if you consider it solely Athletic Scholarship money. Of the players listed by DHC that went on to play D-2, (10) of them, how much Athletic Scholarship money did they receive? $15k each if you do the math, or maybe (1) got more than others?
"Bait and Switch"??? -
"Stoned, Drunk and Stupid is no way to get thru life", Dean Wormer.
Old 06-30-17, 08:50 AM
Freshman

ms8165 is on a distinguished road
How about some of these organizations and I'm not just referring to DHC, start putting the years the kids who have college commitments played for their organizations. As I look through the lists of the different organizations I see kids on the commitment lists that I know played 1 year for these organizations, and on some of them the only year they played for them was after their senior year of high school, which means the organization had very little or nothing to do with them getting recruited.

Also, it would be nice if the organizations spell out what exact service you have to get them recruited-will you produce video for them, help them with college coaches contact information, actively contact coaches, etc. and at what cost.

By the way my son is playing at a D3 school and could have gone to a D2 school. He took control of his recruitment, made our own video had someone with experience edit for him, emailed it coaches of schools he was interested in and set up meetings with them.
Old 06-30-17, 09:29 AM
All Region

Bugsy8875 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGA View Post
Your belief is a misnomer. "There is no money there" for an athletic scholarship at a D-3 school, is a 1/2 truth. There is more money to be awarded at a D-3 school if the player is highly recruited. D-3 schools have grants which can be awarded for many different reasons, NOT solely for academics.
A more true statement is that there is no money for baseball athletic scholarships at D-1 and D-2 schools, unless you are a pitcher or catcher, or in the top 2% of entering baseball players. Even then there are restrictions to how much money a player can receive (Baseball), because of the schools overall Athletic Scholarship regulations; which include if that player receives $10k in Athletic + $10k in Scholarship- it counts as $20k toward that programs "Athletic Money". Many D-1/D-2 programs offer players spots on their rosters because they will receive more money based on academics, saving their athletic scholarship money for the 2%'r who is dumb as a rock. (How does that normally work out for them?).
D-3 schools have more flexibility to offer a Board of Directors Grant, President's Grant, Egg Scrambler Grant, Tiddly Winks Grant, etc etc, without the scrutiny of the NCAA regulations.
If your goal is to play baseball at the collegiate level and attain the best education possible, D-3 is the way to go. Unless of course your a 2%'r who will go D-1/D-2 and get drafted in the MLB- and that's 1% of players after/during the College level, which obviously your son must be?
Let me know who that top prospect is; I'd love to follow him and watch him succeed at that D-1/D-2 and on to the MLB. I would venture to say his name is Dillon Dingler- Because he's the only one of (80) players I saw play with my son (who's going D-3, who received $29k off of a $49K per year school with less than a 3.0gpa and 24 on his ACT) at the All Ohio Mizuno Games three weeks ago, who has a shot to "make it"- of course I'm certain your son was there so I'm certain you know who I'm talking about?
If not I certainly hope he receives an excellent education and got to play the game he loved (in college) without sending you to the "poor farm" after investing $5-10K (maybe more) per year on Little League and High School Travel Baseball. In the end, the "Come Line" on the Craps Table would have been a better investment.
Regardless if the player goes D-1, D-2, D-3 or JUCO, the odds are the same for each individual player to make it to the MLB.
Also there is no such thing as a "full ride" for baseball; just sayin....
I have no kid who plays anymore, so your assumption about my son being a current hs player is incorrect.

I am on record throughout these threads saying that the top teams in these Summer Organizations are pretty good. I've coached against them and umpired for them. My problem comes with the "Selling" to the tier 2 and 3 kid/family that they can get college money and looked at if they fork over a lot of money and play for their program. The reality is, these kids would be rec players if this was 15-20 years ago and are being taken advantage of.

Kids get money at D-3 schools mainly due to academics and also financial need of the family. If you are from a family with poor finances, get really good grades and even a minority, college is affordable. Athlete or not, almost 80%+ on D3 campuses never pay the full price. If you look up some of the colleges, they range from $15-$23,000 in average aid per student.
Old 06-30-17, 09:31 AM
All Ohio

Few if any D2 player receives anything close to $15, 000 in athletic scholarship $. Get a clue, most are lucky to get $5,000 or less. The majority of D2 baseball scholarship money goes to established players already on the roster who have actually produced. If a D2 freshman get's athletic scholarship $, then kid is most likely a PO, shortstop, possibly catcher. Considering these are Diamond Hit Club kids, the figures are probably less. Now, if you are talking about organizations such as Ohio Elite, Bo Jackson, Midland, that figure may be more realistic. $155,000 awarded baseball scholarship money to 10 kids over the past 3 years is laughable! If those figures were accurte, the Diamond Hit Club organization wouldn't have to advertise for players on Yappi, as they would be too busy turning prospects away. Just use some common sense, or possibly you have no clue how the process of earning either athletic or academic scholarship money actually works.
Old 06-30-17, 11:24 AM
All Yappi

Truth^
Old 06-30-17, 02:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You probably heard Hillary was going to win the election too, eh? That tournament was changed to single elimination for all 32 teams regardless of each of the 32 teams win/loss record after the first games played. Win and move on, lose and you're out....period, end of story. DHC won two and made it to elite "8". The "indie" team lost their first game and was OUT, until they cried like little school girls that they didn't think the new format was fair, and because they beat DHC in the first pool game prior to THE NEW FORMAT, and that they should be allowed back in the tournament. Wrong Wrong and Wrong....oh and by the way Hillary didn't win the election and it wasn't Russia's doing! MAGA! LOL
Welcome to Yappi, btw. Great first post.

Which new format ? It sounds like there were several PDFs on the tournament site that were changed.

Fortunately for DHC, the final "new format" lined them up with someone that they were actually able to beat.
Old 06-30-17, 06:00 PM
Varsity

For the record... Bo Jackson and Ohio Elite has posted tryouts on this site and were one of the first teams to do so. DHC is continuing to grow in our number of teams and we are excited for a great 2018. I thank the people who have seen what we have accomplished in a short period of time and we will continue to do the best for our kids. As for the Scholarship money YES IT was athletic Scholarship money NOT TO ONE PLAYER we have had several DII guys get money off and the total amount per year off ranged from $5000-$15,000. The percentage for each player was between 25-50% off their entire tuition PER YEAR over four years. So a guy that earned $15,000 per year would have earned $60,000 over four years and yes some of our kids have received academic money as well. I am sorry if I did not explain it the right way and of course they need to finish all four years of school to get all the money.

As for the tournament we played the format set forth by the director. For the record DHC has no problem playing any team and we have also beat many of the programs mentioned in this forum and yes we have also lost to them. It is baseball and some times you win and sometimes lose. We have respect for every organization out there and wish them luck in 2018.

DHC will continue to provide the best possible program to the student athletes of greater Cleveland. We hope to see you at tryouts in a few weeks and have the opportunity to present our program to your families.

Sincerely,

Tom Aspero
Old 07-03-17, 05:23 AM
Varsity

Diamond Hit Club is a proud franchise members of the prestigious Diamond League and Ohio Prospects League for the 2017-2018 season. We will be holding Tryouts for all ages at a few locations as we will have winter training locations in Willoughby, Mentor, Euclid, Strongsville, and Medina in 2018. We are making this move so we are be able to provide training locations for all areas of greater Cleveland.

NOTE: Teams for ages 14-18u will be taking our level of play to the next level and we plan on attending The ABC in Indiana, applying to the Midwest Prospects League and The Music City Classic in Tennessee. We want to provide maximum exposure to our players at the DI, DII, and DIII levels. Coach Aspero also coaches for Bergen Beach Scout team and Diamond Hit Club players will have an opportunity to make the team. Bergen Beach is led by coach Steve Bort. Feel free to contact coach Bort with any questions about Bergen Beach.

Diamond Hit Club has had over 90% of their players go on to play college baseball. We continue to put our players in a situation to have success and find them the right school that fits them both academically and athletically. We are excited to add teams at younger ages that will result in player developing the necessary skills at a much needed younger age!

Diamond Hit Club offers a full training program (pitching, catching, fielding, hitting) that is geared towards preparing student athletes for high school, College, and Professional Baseball. We play a competitive league schedule and games will be played around the Cleveland/Akron area along with showcase tournaments. All coaches are paid and have experience in teaching/coaching/playing either at the college, professional, or high school level.

Please see details below for tryouts and follow us on twitter and our site for updates on Tryouts and weather. WEST SIDE AND SOUTH SIDE TRYOUTS WILL BE POSTED AT A LATER DATE.....TRYOUTS ARE OPEN TRYOUTS BUT PREREGISTRATION IS ENCOURAGED YOU CAN PREREGISTER AT….

Sincerely,
Tom Aspero
Part Time Scout NY Mets

TRYOUT DATES:

15u, 16u, 17u, 18u - Registration 5:30pm Tryout 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Old 07-03-17, 08:48 AM
Freshman

streetglider is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Not the whole story.

The tournament director realized his mistake and told the two 1-0 teams before the single elimination games started that regardless of what happened in their game, the team that would be 1-1 would get a second game that day. They were told this so that the Coaches could make decisions on line-ups, etc. Later, the independent team was told that there would be no second game, even with the DHC team, as someone had objected to it. If the DHC team was willing to do the right thing, why was there no second game between them? They knew they had been given a break playing the other 0-1 team in pool play and that the first tie-breaker in these tournaments is usually head to head.

It appears at least one team refused to play the game.

Last edited by streetglider; 07-03-17 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-03-17, 09:41 AM
Freshman

streetglider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First of all, is that $155k number actual? Probably, and quite low if you consider it solely Athletic Scholarship money. Of the players listed by DHC that went on to play D-2, (10) of them, how much Athletic Scholarship money did they receive? $15k each if you do the math, or maybe (1) got more than others?
"Bait and Switch"??? -
"Stoned, Drunk and Stupid is no way to get thru life", Dean Wormer.
Great movie lines should be quoted correctly when used to try and rebut someone's position.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son"

Old 07-11-17, 07:34 PM
Varsity

New location for west side

We have added Berea-Midpark High School on Sunday the 30th please check original post that has been edited. Feel free to come to the other tryouts listed as well.
Old 07-12-17, 03:39 PM
All Ohio

tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
I ran a tourney for 2 years that DHC played in....both years coached by Tom. The team did things the right way, the kids were great and we had absolutely no issues with their organization. Truth is, I actually considered having my son move over to his program after our team folded after our 16U season, but the drive was just too much. I saw a lot of baseball while my son was growing up...and I would put DHC up there with any of the organizations we were involved with....and my son was involved with some of the "bigger name" orgs mentioned here. Tourneys with rain are tough on everyone.....anyone here who played in my tourney the two years I ran it will attest to that. Decisions need to be made on the fly to schedule fields, umpires, teams, etc. Anyone who has ever coached in a tourney that had significant rain will tell you that in that case you can't make everyone happy.

With regard to college commits. My son is listed on the "committment" page of an organization. He played for them one year (at 17U)....but it was with that team where the recruiting really started...and that's where the coach who eventually offered him a scholly saw him play. Sure it was only one year....should we be listed as a commit on the team he played on when he was 10U, how about 13U? I didn't think so...that would be ridiculous. It's simple....if you don't like an organization, don't go....but don't come on here bashing someone based on one incident at one tourney.
Old 07-13-17, 09:18 PM
Varsity

Sincerely,
Tom Aspero
Part Time Scout NY Mets

TRYOUT DATES:

Last edited by Diamond Hit Club; 07-11-17 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added Tryout Location
Old 07-14-17, 10:03 AM
Varsity

Sincerely,
Tom Aspero
Part Time Scout NY Mets

TRYOUT DATES:

Last edited by Diamond Hit Club; 07-11-17 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added Tryout Location
Old 07-16-17, 06:55 PM
Varsity

Sincerely,
Tom Aspero
Part Time Scout NY Mets

TRYOUT DATES:

Old 07-17-17, 01:24 PM
Varsity

Sincerely,
Tom Aspero
Part Time Scout NY Mets

TRYOUT DATES: