Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-08-18, 06:26 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Wrestlers to watch during football season.

Who are some wrestlers that we will see on Friday nights this fall. I know CVCA will have both Decatur brothers, Dalton Duval and Breslin Walker. Love seeing high caliber wrestlers also putting in work on the gridiron.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-18, 07:05 AM
All Ohio

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Marysville will have Walker Heard at QB with Tyler Connolly, and Ethan Smeagel on the line along with a few others that hopefully make a little noise come wrestling season.
Old 08-09-18, 11:26 AM
Freshman

Lonegun21 is on a distinguished road
St. John Ashtabula. Christian Blank running back , David Cumberledge at Q.B. Nick Burgard huge contributor on defense. Ryan Elrod offensive and defensive line. Ethan Ducca Running back, linebacker. All of these boys are fun to watch and make some big hits on defense....
Old 08-09-18, 11:41 AM
All District

tantal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonegun21 View Post
St. John Ashtabula. Christian Blank running back , David Cumberledge at Q.B. Nick Burgard huge contributor on defense. Ryan Elrod offensive and defensive line. Ethan Ducca Running back, linebacker. All of these boys are fun to watch and make some big hits on defense....
Does Lagoa play?
Old 08-09-18, 12:50 PM
Varsity

Gonzaga45377 is on a distinguished road
Paul Heywood Centerville... I believe first Freshman to ever start at Centerville.
Very, very impressive!!!! 6`3 280lbs.
I think he has a very very good chance of being State Champ this year as a Freshman at 285.
Old 08-09-18, 04:47 PM
Freshman

Skyhawks90 is on a distinguished road
John Mark Williams of Indian Hill will play RB & LB for the Braves during his senior campaign (placed 7th at 170 - 2018 State). Also watch for SR Jack Hankin at OL & DE - multiple college offers (220) and JR Charlie Lindberg OL & DL (195). IH Wrestlers account for 30%+ of the football roster. Love to see coaches working together in HS to share athletes. Kudos to Coach Eigher and Coach Arcuri.
Old 08-11-18, 08:44 PM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Any other Central Ohio wrestlers/football players besides the Marysville crew ?

What about the Dublins, Hilliard's, Olentangy's, and South Western School district ?
Old 08-11-18, 09:38 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
Word is Jed Turpin is going to play both ways this season.
Old 08-12-18, 09:00 AM
All District

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Word is Jed Turpin is going to play both ways this season.
I heard if that happens ohsaa will only allow them 10 players on tge field and they still huge state title favorites.
Old 08-18-18, 08:24 AM
All Ohio

dman is on a distinguished road
Boardman has Michael O'Horo Quarterback and Kareem Hamden All State Football last year .
Old 08-22-18, 10:57 AM
All Ohio

Donkability is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzaga45377 View Post
Paul Heywood Centerville... I believe first Freshman to ever start at Centerville.
Very, very impressive!!!! 6`3 280lbs.
I think he has a very very good chance of being State Champ this year as a Freshman at 285.
dang thats a big ole boy right there! gonna keep my eyes on this one, did he wrestle at OAC in middle school?
Old 08-22-18, 11:47 AM
Varsity

UsedToBe103 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkability View Post
dang thats a big ole boy right there! gonna keep my eyes on this one, did he wrestle at OAC in middle school?
The biggest OAC Jr High weight is 249, right? If that's the case, it's possible he was too big to make that weight as an 8th grader. But, football rosters sometimes exaggerate weights a little bit, maybe he gained a lot this summer, and maybe he was able to cut to 249.
Old 08-22-18, 12:49 PM
All District

LowCrotch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkability View Post
He is a stud. He was arguably the most dominant wrestler on the Ohio MS National Team that won VAC duals this season. He's been dealing with a lot of injuries...hope he's back soon.

I think he has a legit shot to win a big man state title right now.
Old 08-22-18, 06:26 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCrotch View Post
He is a stud. He was arguably the most dominant wrestler on the Ohio MS National Team that won VAC duals this season. He's been dealing with a lot of injuries...hope he's back soon.

I think he has a legit shot to win a big man state title right now.
Gonna be difficult by him dealing with a lot of injuries, especially if he continues football. Not that he can't pull it off, but Jacob Padilla( also a hyped 2x OAC jr. high champ) had to take his lumps and adjust to the level change of high school wrestling vs. jr. high. Like the NFL and college football, the speed of some of these dudes thought process are so much faster; plenty of unheard of guys from jr. high make names for themselves in high school. A lot of guys will say they learned so much more in college and were told of high school techniques they thought were correct, weren't. I don't know what his learning curve is so I'm eager to see him, if not at the SWOWCA then at the Centerville/ Fairfield duals.
Old 08-23-18, 06:15 AM
All District

LowCrotch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
Gonna be difficult by him dealing with a lot of injuries, especially if he continues football. Not that he can't pull it off, but Jacob Padilla( also a hyped 2x OAC jr. high champ) had to take his lumps and adjust to the level change of high school wrestling vs. jr. high. Like the NFL and college football, the speed of some of these dudes thought process are so much faster; plenty of unheard of guys from jr. high make names for themselves in high school. A lot of guys will say they learned so much more in college and were told of high school techniques they thought were correct, weren't. I don't know what his learning curve is so I'm eager to see him, if not at the SWOWCA then at the Centerville/ Fairfield duals.

You’re probably right. It would be a monumental accomplishment, and it’s a long shot. But believe me, this young man is “one to watch”. I think he was the best junior high kid at the weight in the country, and it really wasn’t that close.
Old 08-25-18, 05:55 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmalice View Post
Good stuff and so true, so critical to have good upper weight coaches and training partners to help bridge the gap to the next level