Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-29-18, 11:19 AM
All American

Tardis is on a distinguished road
End of MoviePass?

Seems the popular free theatre app might be on its last legs. Probably not a good sign that most users were mostly unable to see the one of the biggest non-marvel movie of the year.

https://screenrant.com/moviepass-blo...sible-fallout/
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-18, 05:23 PM
All Region

Mr Reason is on a distinguished road
I can’t say I’m surprised. The math just didn’t add up when even one movie ticket is more than $10.
Old 07-30-18, 12:13 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
This was never going to work out to begin with and now sure how they got any backing. Just a few months ago they were hoping for $1.2Billion in endorsements to keep the app running. Not sure many startups look for that type of money and succeed.
Old 07-30-18, 09:09 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Yea this impacted me yesterday. Still going to enjoy it while it lasts. Iím paying like $4.50 a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-18, 11:03 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Been looking at the AMC A-List recently...it seems a little more sustainable.
Old 08-01-18, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
A co-worker of mine has used it 34 times in 3 months.

At 10 bucks a month and roughly ten bucks a movie hes got $340 worth of use from $30.

He loves the movies and lives less than a while from the theater.

He'll even see movies over and over simply buy getting a ticket for one movie and walking into another.

I think these folks misunderstood how much this would get used. They thought it would be like a gym membership. Folks go a few times, then never again but keep paying all year.

The difference here is that the movies don't require any work. You just sit down.
Old 08-01-18, 09:20 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
I must be getting old. There are fewer and fewer movies listed on the marquee each week that I'm interested in seeing, so I'm not sure even AMC's new deal would be worth it. I dunno, I'll still look into it.

This past Friday afternoon, Mrs. Zunardo wanted to see the new Mama Mia movie, so I saw the new Mission Impossible flick at the same time. We each paid $4.49 at the Grove City AMC, not too bad.
Old 08-05-18, 05:05 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Kent Plaza Theater has a $5 deal every Monday night for any movie. You get a free small popcorn too. It is always packed.

I always wondered if they were taking money out of their own pockets with this deal. Are they getting the same people to the movies, just on a different night or are they getting people that would never have seen a particular movie.

Same thing goes with this MoviePass. How many people put off seeing a movie waiting for it to be available with their pass? Are the theaters that accept this taking money out of their own pockets? Maybe the extra popcorn and candy sales help makeup the difference...
Old 08-06-18, 06:14 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Kent Plaza Theater has a $5 deal every Monday night for any movie. You get a free small popcorn too. It is always packed.

I always wondered if they were taking money out of their own pockets with this deal. Are they getting the same people to the movies, just on a different night or are they getting people that would never have seen a particular movie.

Same thing goes with this MoviePass. How many people put off seeing a movie waiting for it to be available with their pass? Are the theaters that accept this taking money out of their own pockets? Maybe the extra popcorn and candy sales help makeup the difference...

Speaking for myself, I count three movies that I saw with MoviePass that I probably wouldnít have seen in theaters without it.

Ironically I also ended up buying digital copies of all three as well when they had their home release.

Old 08-06-18, 02:21 PM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Price is going up now and it looks like most movies will be blacked out on their opening weekends.
Old 08-06-18, 04:30 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I've had movie pass for 5 or 6 months. My wife got it for $7 a month and we've more than made our money back with it.

Their long term plan was to get such a large number of members on board that they could dictate terms to companies like Regal, AMC and Cinemark, all the while mining sellable data from the subscribers. Unfortunately, the finances may well prevent them from getting there. At this juncture, I'd like to go a week without getting an email from them changing their terms.
Old 08-08-18, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Been a supporter of movie pass since the changes havenít impacted me but they are starting to.

Tried to take the kids to see Incredibles 2 yesterday since it was their last day of summer. Movie has been out for months but the 1030 AM wasnít on Movie Pass. Ridiculous. Thereís no reason for that showing to not be included.

Old 08-11-18, 08:14 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
End of MoviePass?

Think itís on itís death bed now.

Went to see what movie times were eligible today, and thereís only two movies available all weekend. Both low budget indies.

Cancelled my daughterís subscription after that. Iím probably soon to follow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: