Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-26-18, 11:10 AM
All District

ozzie8383 is on a distinguished road
Wouldn't it be ironic if the State Title, and the bragging rights between NE Ohio and SW Ohio came down to Geog and Norwood... Two Central Ohio kids.
Old 07-26-18, 11:35 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Rankings have been updated - www.borofanohio.net

Around 5 or so changes

D1: 113, 120, 170, 182
D2:
D3: 138, 145
Old 07-27-18, 12:58 AM
All Yappi

www.borofanohio.net

D2: 160, 170
D3: 113, 195, 220

Sorry for the delay

Last edited by Boro Fan; 07-27-18 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-27-18, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

www.borofanohio.net

I waited an extra hour, but the only change was to D3 220
Old 07-27-18, 02:02 PM
Varsity

Big Cat
Anyone know why the heavier Decatur kid isnít ranked?
Old 07-27-18, 02:13 PM
All American

1_beast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat View Post
Anyone know why the heavier Decatur kid isnít ranked?
Training in Colorado Spring Sr Year.
Old 07-27-18, 10:28 PM
All Yappi

Updated Rankings - www.borofanohio.net

Changes:
D3: 145, 152, 220
Old 07-28-18, 07:30 AM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Ed’s looks to have a real challenge this year. Who has the best chance to knock of Graham in the next few years?
Old 07-28-18, 09:05 AM
Freshman

Lonegun21 is on a distinguished road
Why isn't Ryan Elrod Ashtabula St .John 3rd in Jr. High State last year and having a great off season not ranked D3 285 ?
Old 07-28-18, 09:39 AM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
I think Eds is gunning for the national title this year and I wouldn't bet against them in Ohio. ---Captain Obvious. Boro doesn't have their lineup right. LaSalle looks great on paper and should also be a top team nationally. Should be fun. Don't think SPG can touch either this year.
Old 07-28-18, 10:43 AM
All World

bdhof is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I think Eds is gunning for the national title this year and I wouldn't bet against them in Ohio. ---Captain Obvious. Boro doesn't have their lineup right. LaSalle looks great on paper and should also be a top team nationally. Should be fun. Don't think SPG can touch either this year.
I agree with everything except Eds gunning for a national title. Blair, aka the Evil Empire, is loaded with nationally ranked wrestlers from all over the country. Blair will come into the Ironman with 8 nationally ranked wrestlers, including two #1 ranked guys. Eds counters with three ranked wrestlers. I hope I'm wrong and would love to see Eds (or LAS) take them down. And bigger upset have happened over the years. Eds has a dual with Blair as well and would need to win either the dual or the Ironman to have any hope. And then there's Eds brutal schedule with other teams like Bergen, Bethlehem Catholic, DCC, Montini, Wyoming Sem and LaSalle that could trip them up.

LaSalle, also with three nationally ranked wrestlers, may have a better chance than Eds to win a national title, if only because I don't think they have that same brutal schedule. I don't know their schedule, but they'd still have to win the Ironman and go thru Eds twice in duals (home dual and state dual) and cap it off with a state individual win.

Logically, Eds or LAS would need an A beat B and B beat C and C beat A type of scenario, where everyone drops at least one dual or tournament because I don't see Eds or LAS running the table. Blair, clearly the best on paper, may not run the table either, because their schedule is just as brutal as Eds if not more so.

Note: Blair's ranked wrestlers come from TX (2), CA, SC and NJ (4). And they are a private boarding school, so recruiting is part of their mission.

Last edited by bdhof; 07-28-18 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-28-18, 12:22 PM
All Ohio

Huge is on a distinguished road
Excellent points Bdhof. I agree with you. Blair is like Golden State, everyone is playing for second. I didn't say eds would or even could beat them but, eds only schedules like this when their team is stacked. To me it's great to compete against a team like Blair or Wyoming but almost impossible to beat them in a dual. To me it doesn't matter and those few times when they get beat are legendary.
Old 07-28-18, 12:45 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
The state of Ohio wrestling is so competitive that you'll see a title favorite fall( too many examples to use). I think to say LaSalle is the better team on paper is gonna be bulletin board material. St. Ed gets the repect of defending champions. LaSalle will have 3 title shots( dual meet, possibly state duals, state tournament). The other wrestlers in the state of Ohio will enjoy determining the outcome.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-18, 01:27 PM
All District

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
To clarify, does anyone see a D2 team stepping up in the next few years with a legitimate challenge to SPG?
Old 07-28-18, 01:59 PM
All American

Maple Stang is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab Ride View Post
To clarify, does anyone see a D2 team stepping up in the next few years with a legitimate challenge to SPG?
Aurora
Old 07-28-18, 02:14 PM
All World

Lionattack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looks Like Beaver Local is building up a young talented team if you look at state results, and JH state results from the past few years .If everyone sticks with it and they get the max out of their wrestlers at Districts and State yes they could I think,
Old 07-28-18, 02:17 PM
All World

Quote:

I donít see it. They will be down this year but still the heavy favorite in D2. Then I think theyíll start to rebuild again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-18, 02:22 PM
All American

eliwes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As long as there's a Jordan at Graham nobody's beating them that includes div 1. Bo said he will be working with his dad which includes camps and coaching.
Old 07-28-18, 02:59 PM
All American

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
As long as there's a Jordan at Graham nobody's beating them that includes div 1. Bo said he will be working with his dad which includes camps and coaching.
Was wondering if that was going to happen. Seemed all to logical for him to take over in a year or 2 when Dad steps down or takes a back seat. However with him taking an official position with Ohio State I was less sure.
Old 07-28-18, 03:34 PM
Varsity

wlpdrpat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
SPG should be bumped to D1 for competitive balance. I know they are not a private school and technically they don't recruit but practically they get top tier guys moving to their district, e.g. Sanchez who was born and bred Lima Bath. Aside from the fact that they might drop a couple of individual state titles per year; as a team they would still be in the hunt every year and would likely win it all quite regularly. That being the case why haven't they been bumped?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-18, 03:41 PM
All American

darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Probably not. As for 2019- 20, Graham will have 7 ( presently) rank top 10 guys to stack with whatever freshman stud(s) & transfer they usually add. Louisville & Beaver Local both of got 5 and 4 rank underclassmen. As of 2020- 21, Still Graham, with Aurora being in the talks.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-18, 01:29 AM
All Yappi

No changes today
Old 07-29-18, 03:14 PM
All District

Lost Octopus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Stang View Post
Aurora
If Aurora remains D2. Just made the cut this time.
Old 07-30-18, 01:02 AM
All Yappi

Updated Rankings - www.borofanohio.net

D2: 106

As for the D2 conversation, I see Aurora having the best chance, with 5 very good incoming freshmen. As stated, they will be on the borderline between D1 and D2, so that will be very interesting to watch next summer. The next reclassification after that comes when the 5 incoming freshman will be going into their senior year, so that's also something to remember. They will obviously need a few more contributors.

Last edited by Boro Fan; 07-30-18 at 04:43 AM.
Old 07-30-18, 10:43 AM
All American

mailman112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
BDHOF and Huge are just about on top of it. I differ with the following: I think the line up is close as we stand today! Again today! A lot can and will change before March. Overall I expect to see that line up or something close come March.

Before the complete schedule was released and Blair went out and got 3 more studs, I thought Ed's had a shot at a national title. Now I don't believe that will happen. I believe Ed's will come in third at the IM and lose to the opening dual against LaSalle. I think Ed's will look at the dual in December as a scouting trip. Not saying they will lay down just saying road trip, at Lasalle and early in season will make for a tough weekend. Now with that said, IF LaSalle enters the state duals I think Ed's will beat them on a neutral mat.

March? Well it's anyone guess in July. Injuries, weight issues etc will all play a part. This will be a two team race. Should be some tense times down in Columbus for both schools.
Old 07-30-18, 11:02 AM
All American

Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
And how long will it be before IMG Academy gets involved in wrestling?
Old 07-30-18, 11:51 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
And how long will it be before IMG Academy gets involved in wrestling?
I'm not sure that they will in the near future. Their other sports are driven by money. I think many IMG athletes aspire to not only get college money but money at the pro level - golf, tennis, basketball, baseball, football, etc. There's not a lot of money to go around in wrestling once you get out of college (other than the MMA option). But maybe wrestlers with the thoughts of an MMA career could change that.
Old 07-30-18, 12:03 PM
All American

Divided42 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhof View Post
I agree with everything except Eds gunning for a national title. Blair, aka the Evil Empire, is loaded with nationally ranked wrestlers from all over the country. Blair will come into the Ironman with 8 nationally ranked wrestlers, including two #1 ranked guys. Eds counters with three ranked wrestlers. I hope I'm wrong and would love to see Eds (or LAS) take them down. And bigger upset have happened over the years. Eds has a dual with Blair as well and would need to win either the dual or the Ironman to have any hope. And then there's Eds brutal schedule with other teams like Bergen, Bethlehem Catholic, DCC, Montini, Wyoming Sem and LaSalle that could trip them up.

LaSalle, also with three nationally ranked wrestlers, may have a better chance than Eds to win a national title, if only because I don't think they have that same brutal schedule. I don't know their schedule, but they'd still have to win the Ironman and go thru Eds twice in duals (home dual and state dual) and cap it off with a state individual win.

Logically, Eds or LAS would need an A beat B and B beat C and C beat A type of scenario, where everyone drops at least one dual or tournament because I don't see Eds or LAS running the table. Blair, clearly the best on paper, may not run the table either, because their schedule is just as brutal as Eds if not more so.

Note: Blair's ranked wrestlers come from TX (2), CA, SC and NJ (4). And they are a private boarding school, so recruiting is part of their mission.
Agreed completely Blair just has to much firepower this year for St Edís to legitimately threaten them. They donít just have 8 ranked wrestlers coming to Ironman, those 8 wrestlers are all ranked top 9 according to Flo. And those 8 donít include a returning Ironman finalist in Ryan Miller and a kid who placed top 5 at Ironman and Beast as a frosh 195 wrestling up about 2 weights in Peyton Craft.
Old 07-30-18, 10:10 PM
All Yappi

Updated - www.borofanohio.net

Changes:
D1: 126, 138, 152, 160
D3: 152
Old 07-31-18, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Updated - www.borofanohio.net

Changes: