Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-23-18, 02:21 PM
All World

100club is on a distinguished road
Couple additional thoughts on changes I see mentioned already:

1. Expansion. Vamps, I think all except for maybe Vancouver could work, and Vegas would be awesome. Hesitant to include Vancouver because a) weather and b) Montreal's attendance was terrible, would Vancouver's be any better? Opposite side of the country, so maybe that's not a valid point. Does Mexico have a city that would support a team? Mexico City might be too far south, but it has a large population. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind seeing one of these cities replace a Florida team first. I looked up attendance trends a while ago, and it was something like over the past 10 years, Miami and Tampa Bay have finished in the bottom 5 in attendance in all but one year. Miami having a poor fan base is more surprising than Tampa, but perhaps Jeter and co. decide to move the team west? Hell, it would at least get them out of the AL East with Boston and New York, who are going to be good nearly every year.

2. DH. It's not going to change anytime soon, because there seems to be a split three ways among baseball fans. All DH? I don't think most NL fans want that. No DH? Yes, I love watching Trevor Bauer's batting stances, and the Bartolo Colon's out there can still hit. This seems very unlikely though for two reasons: injuries to pitchers (the main reason) and, a much lesser reason, the Edgar Martinez/David Oritz type players that had lengthy, successful careers as DH-only players. I like how different the AL and NL are, mainly due to the DH rule, it makes interleague play more exciting, imo. I say leave it alone.

3. Shift. I'm still indifferent on what, if anything, should be done. I was watching the Cubs/Cards game yesterday and something made me lean toward leaving it alone and not forcing a change. Situation: Matt Carpenter DESTROYED the Cubs in the first four games of the five game series. He is batting leadoff in game five and Maddon, known for all sorts of crazy defensive alignments, puts four outfielders and leaves the left side of the infield wide open. Carpenter, despite being on fire over the past four games, simply laid down a bunt and beat the shift. I loved it and don't understand why more players don't try to bunt to beat the shift. Easier said than done, yes, but it's more exciting than watching another pop-up/strike-out. More small-ball, please.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-18, 02:58 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
I would get rid of the mound visits completely. The only exception would be for a trainer to go out and see if the pitcher is alright. Then coaches would have no reason to ever step onto the field of play.

NEVER change the rule for allowing the defense to play the best way they see fit. Shifts, additional infielders, corners in, whatever they think is best, let them play their way. Creating artificial rules so hitters who refuse to adjust is a bad idea.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: