Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-09-18, 10:03 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Just in case you are wondering, the last one was:

12:48, 1st Jan 2018
Just in case anyone else was wondering, when I switched careers back in 2013 I was probably inactive for about a year or two. I've been much more active this year than I was 2013 and 2014. I'm sure me being removed was just an oversight and today's actions had nothing to do with my post this morning.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-18, 10:06 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I'd say a logical reaction to someone claiming a game was "fixed" would be that they are trolling. It's a ludicrous opinion designed to provoke a reaction, and you've done it at least twice in the past year(game 1 of the finals and the OSU-PSU game.)
A passionate fan. Big deal. Glad that I am important enough to be in your thoughts so frequently.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll delete this. But I think you need to consider whether you have some confirmation bias in determining whether a poster is expressing their "sincere beliefs" vs just trying to argue.
You are still on this site. So is ronnie mund. While it may be true that there is some confirmation bias, I bend over backwards not to enforce my own personal beliefs.
Old 06-09-18, 10:07 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Just in case anyone else was wondering, when I switched careers back in 2013 I was probably inactive for about a year or two. I've been much more active this year than I was 2013 and 2014. I'm sure me being removed was just an oversight and today's actions had nothing to do with my post this morning.
I thought you wanted this done through private messages...
Old 06-09-18, 10:09 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
A passionate fan. Big deal. Glad that I am important enough to be in your thoughts so frequently.
And when posters call other posters out for being "passionate fans" and just being ridiculous(like saying games are fixed halfway through the game and their team ends up winning anyway) they get banned.
Old 06-09-18, 10:19 PM
Cooling Off

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
A passionate fan. Big deal.
Right, and you get passionate enough that you ban people for "trolling" when they call you out on ridiculous statements like saying games are fixed because a call went against your team. Therein lies the problem.

Quote:
Glad that I am important enough to be in your thoughts so frequently.
You started an entire thread practically begging for validation from others because you were frustrated about something I said(thread didn't go the way you hoped if I recall correctly.)

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310963

Pot. Kettle. Black...if you want to go down that road.

Quote:
I bend over backwards not to enforce my own personal beliefs.
I don't see much evidence of that.
Old 06-09-18, 10:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I thought you wanted this done through private messages...
I responded to a post you made in public? I just said if you pm someone to take on a crappy job for your site, the least you could do was let them know you were removing them from it. I actually would prefer the messages stay in public. I've been here since the site started and took on the crappiest mod job there is, and you handled things today like you did. It's weak sauce in my opinion.
Old 06-09-18, 10:23 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Right, and you get passionate enough that you ban people for "trolling" when they call you out on ridiculous statements like saying games are fixed because a call went against your team. Therein lies the problem.

You started an entire thread practically begging for validation from others because you were frustrated about something I said(thread didn't go the way you hoped if I recall correctly.)

http://yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310963

Pot. Kettle. Black...if you want to go down that road.

I don't see much evidence of that.
I've NEVER banned anyone for disagreeing with me. It happens ALL the time and I enjoy it. But I do ban people who are constantly trolling and go over the top at times. Finding a thread in a current game just to troll 95% of the board is a bad time to try to troll. It wouldn't surprise me to find out these same people were on a Golden State forum saying that the game was fixed.

When you brag about going to other forums just to troll, don't be surprised when people think you are trolls.
Old 06-09-18, 10:27 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
But I do ban people who are constantly trolling and go over the top at times.
The venn diagram of people you consider "trolls" and people you disagree with is a near circle. I suppose this could be a coincidence, but it seems more likely confirmation bias is at play.

Quote:
When you brag about going to other forums just to troll, don't be surprised when people think you are trolls.
Please show where I've done that.
Old 06-09-18, 10:39 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
The venn diagram of people you consider "trolls" and people you disagree with is a near circle. I suppose this could be a coincidence, but it seems more likely confirmation bias is at play.
I think the better diagram would be people who are trolls and people who regularly post in the "What Are You Doing?" threads. Not everyone that posts in that thread is a troll. But almost all the trolls post in that thread.
Old 06-09-18, 10:54 PM
Cooling Off

Nah, I think the diagram showing you just label people disagreeing with you as trolls would be more enlightening.
Old 06-09-18, 11:01 PM
All Region

Killer Joe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nah, I think the diagram showing you just label people disagreeing with you as trolls would be more enlightening.
It is his website and he can do as he pleases. If you don't like it, quit being a whiny baby and just move on elsewhere. Nobody will miss you otherwise...
Old 06-09-18, 11:03 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
What's the venn diagram look like for those who run high school message boards and those who claim any game their team is losing, regardless of the outcome, is fixed?
Old 06-09-18, 11:27 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
This is what I have a problem with. I'm not a troll. I don't say things just to get a rise out of people. From my perspective there's just a ton of stupidity and hypocrisy that gets talked about on here. Pointing that out isn't trolling.
I wasnt referring to you necessarily. I think you are somewhat of a contrarian but back it up with facts. I see you as a conservative by my true definition of it and people on the DB cant grasp your social view of the govt staying out of our lives, strict following of the Constitution and other things. You are very similar to them on many fronts but differ greatly on a lot. Calling someone a troll or liberal is the easy way out with you.
Old 06-09-18, 11:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I've NEVER banned anyone for disagreeing with me. It happens ALL the time and I enjoy it. But I do ban people who are constantly trolling and go over the top at times. Finding a thread in a current game just to troll 95% of the board is a bad time to try to troll. It wouldn't surprise me to find out these same people were on a Golden State forum saying that the game was fixed.

Your last point is why I say own it....we made the bed
Old 06-10-18, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Yes, that is what it is. It has nothing to do with the other 10,000 trolling posts made by the same poster(s).
I even said something to the effect of Iím not sure about turning the call over, but it was definitely a block.
Old 06-10-18, 07:30 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:

Well, you did that time. There was nothing over the top in saying that play was a block. It went against your view and you acted emotionally. I have no issue admitting I walk the line often but that wasn’t even close to the line. This is the only website I post on and except for a few occasions, the only screen name I use. Obviously that last line wasn’t for me, as I’ve never done that.
Old 06-10-18, 08:05 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That was earlier tonight. I just went through and deleted all the moderators that have taken no actions in over 3 months.

Considering the amount of moderation the debate forum takes, I would say that you haven't been a moderator in there for a long time.
He was a troll-erator. Did a fine job of it, really.
Old 06-10-18, 08:10 AM
All Yappi

I love all the clone pouting itt.

Like a bunch of 12 yr olds, scuffling around the playground with their heads down, kickin' rocks.
Old 06-10-18, 08:41 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
He was a troll-erator. Did a fine job of it, really.
His logic was a little over your head

Old 06-10-18, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I love all the clone pouting itt.

Like a bunch of 12 yr olds, scuffling around the playground with their heads down, kickin' rocks.
These neo yappi fights are funny to watch. Both are in each others heads
Old 06-10-18, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
This is what's funny to me as far as the Debate Forum goes. Any attack on the left leaning posters, no matter how vitriolic, is fair game. But god forbid a few people troll the republiclonez every once in awhile. It's such an obvious bias and that place has become a total circle jerk. But yeah the trolls are the problem.
It's complete hypocrisy. Yappi claims the problem is people leaving the board because of trolls. If that's truly an issue, then why isn't the constant exodus of left leaning posters from the DF/site also an issue? The pattern has been going on for years. There's always a few on the left that will post consistently, but the makeup of that group is always changing as posters are run off. I've been around long enough to remember when the DF was probably a 50/50 split. That's far from the case now, wonder why?
Old 06-10-18, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post

You're being kind.
Old 06-10-18, 12:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post

Little Tex-Mex chili there ?
Old 06-10-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Little Tex-Mex chili there ?
Better than that diarrhea sludge they call Skyline
Old 06-10-18, 05:37 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
I’m kinda lost ... is this about TO? ... was he banned for trolling?
Old 06-10-18, 05:57 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
TO is a clown show. Classing up the place by not showing up.
Old 06-10-18, 06:28 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
I read somewhere where NFL teams often help with the cost that an inductee
and the family endure going to the ceremony if there is a need. of course that would depend on the relationship of the player and former team.

It's no secret TO has squandered millions over the years and has children with multiple women that has drained him financially. Maybe he is just strapped for cash and he can make a few bucks with a TO induction show that someone pays him a few bucks to produce. Doubtful the Bengals would be chipping in to send him to Canton. Not sure of the other teams he endured himself to.
Old 06-10-18, 09:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Iím kinda lost ... is this about TO? ... was he banned for trolling?
I took a pot shot at Turden, Arro/Turpin cast a bit of shade at me and announced it with the pot-stir, I acknowledged his emoji troll confession without taking the bait Turden went fishing with. Got it ?

Back to TO. I really had paid little attention to this, but I heard a radio guy say today that TO planned to announce his own event at a different location to "accept his honor". What a complete fool. No self-respecting journalist covers this.
Old 06-10-18, 09:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
TO is a clown show. Classing up the place by not showing up.
Addition by subtraction.

I'm sure his chosen presenter, if he can find one, will be overjoyed that he gets to do so at a **T.O. Exclusive** event, and won't have to be bothered with presenting at such a trivial place like the Pro Football Hall of Fame

My money's on Jerry at Jerry-world. Old camera whore......
Old 06-11-18, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
Iím kinda lost ... is this about TO? ... was he banned for trolling?
Ha, yup, trolling the hof.