Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-09-18, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
I will say, it’s pretty clear from his statement, he is insulting the city of Canton. That’s pretty crappy and hilarious at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-18, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
TO being TO. Always seeking attention. Always looking to be different. Nothing to see here, and doubtful he starts a trend. Most will always consider it an honor to be so recognized, and to celebrate at the event in the company of fellow greats and peers.
Old 06-09-18, 11:31 AM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
He’d be the second best receiver going in on that day. I think being overshadowed by Moss plays into it, although I’m sure he wouldn’t admit to it. He should’ve went in on the first ballot, but a lot of people said the same thing about Chris Carter. I think it’s pretty selfish considering all the fans from the teams he’s played for that would’ve attended.
Old 06-09-18, 02:40 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have no problem with him taking a stand against the absurdity of leaving him off the first ballot.
Old 06-09-18, 03:05 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
The usual suspects cheer it on because it thriggers sensitive whiners like you who somehow get offended because someone doesn't want to come to your disgusting part of the country.
Disgusting part of the country? Sounds like you are the one triggered.

They are honoring his career and he can't be bothered to show up? It's a POS move.
Old 06-09-18, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Wanting to celebrate your accomplishments in your own way is a POS move? Interesting.
Old 06-09-18, 06:51 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
It's to the point where posting anything not agreeing with a particular ideology gets one labeled as a troll. There's a whole lot of hypocrisy regarding that subject on here.
Yep. And unfortunately Yappi is among the worst offenders when it comes to this.
Old 06-09-18, 07:16 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Yep. And unfortunately Yappi is among the worst offenders when it comes to this.
I was banned from the pro basketball board because I said I thought Lebron blocking Durant in game one was the correct call after yappi claimed the game was fixed.
Old 06-09-18, 07:23 PM
All World

Wow.
Old 06-09-18, 07:43 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Wanting to celebrate your accomplishments in your own way is a POS move? Interesting.
... do you really believe he wants to celebrate in his own way?

... or is he pouting that he didn't get on the first ballot?

... kinda hoping he doesn't show, but bet he will be 'talked' into coming ... he won't miss an opportunity to be the center of attention ... I could be wrong and he stays home and does sit-ups in his drive way.
Old 06-09-18, 08:25 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It's to the point where posting anything not agreeing with a particular ideology gets one labeled as a troll. There's a whole lot of hypocrisy regarding that subject on here.
Yes, that is what it is. It has nothing to do with the other 10,000 trolling posts made by the same poster(s).
Old 06-09-18, 08:27 PM
All World

Did you seriously ban EP because he said the Durant/Lebron call was a block?
Old 06-09-18, 09:05 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
I have no problem with him taking a stand against the absurdity of leaving him off the first ballot.
Surprised people are upset about someone saying FU to roger and the nfl
Old 06-09-18, 09:06 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Yes, that is what it is. It has nothing to do with the other 10,000 trolling posts made by the same poster(s).
It's pretty clear what constitutes trolling at this point and it's not what it used to be. I can think of a particular right wing guy that has blatantly admitted to actual trolling and I'm sure he's not on your list of problem people. There's an obvious bias at this point. It's your site so whatever, it's just clear things have changed.
Old 06-09-18, 09:12 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
It's pretty clear what constitutes trolling at this point and it's not what it used to be. I can think of a particular right wing guy that has blatantly admitted to actual trolling and I'm sure he's not on your list of problem people. There's an obvious bias at this point. It's your site so whatever, it's just clear things have changed.
Thanks for your input. I guess we see things very differently. Definitely disagree on the things changing with the exception of too many good posters leaving the site specifically because of a few posters in this thread that are habitual trollers.
Old 06-09-18, 09:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
And like clockwork I'm no longer a moderator on the DF.
Old 06-09-18, 09:13 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
Did you seriously ban EP because he said the Durant/Lebron call was a block?
Seriously, you didn't take the time to read the post right above yours?
Old 06-09-18, 09:15 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
And like clockwork I'm not longer a moderator on the DF.
That was earlier tonight. I just went through and deleted all the moderators that have taken no actions in over 3 months.

Considering the amount of moderation the debate forum takes, I would say that you haven't been a moderator in there for a long time.
Old 06-09-18, 09:19 PM
Go Buckeyes

Just in case you are wondering, the last one was:

12:48, 1st Jan 2018
Old 06-09-18, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That was earlier tonight.
And? My initial post was made at 9:30ish this morning?

Quote:
I just went through and deleted all the moderators that have taken no actions in over 3 months.

Considering the amount of moderation this forum takes, I would say that you haven't been a moderator in the debate forum for a long time.
Well the need for moderation dropped off when people from the left were run off. Unlike some, I never once moderated a post directed at me. I look forward to seeing you delete all the personal attacks going forward. Have fun.
Old 06-09-18, 09:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Just in case you are wondering, the last one was:

12:48, 1st Jan 2018
When was the last one from WarriorforChrist?
Old 06-09-18, 09:25 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
When was the last one from WarriorforChrist?
Who is that?
Old 06-09-18, 09:29 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Why deny what we are? I own being a degen troll, used to be out of line but have toned it down. I think everyone knows i am messing around on here sans horse racing talk. Our reputation speaks for itself, whether it is fair for every circumstance is the part that is up for debate. Unfortunately the general public here will always consider us to be trolling even when you aren't bc we have been pretty wild in the past and still troll currently.

I dont think we can be upset when someone says we are trolling, whether fair or not, when that is what we do a lot of our time on here. Just for fun is my outlook. If Yappi wants to be ban me for being out of line, I will leave. I left for over a year and things seemed fine here lol
Old 06-09-18, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Who is that?
The other guy that you deleted as moderator from the DB. I don't think he's posted since he PM'd me about a decade ago about being a moderator, but he was always listed as one. I guess this is all just a coincidence and has nothing to do with my post this morning.
At the very least if you're going to PM someone and ask that they be a moderator, and that person accepts and then wades through the bs of being a moderator for years, you could at least give them a heads up.
Old 06-09-18, 09:36 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
The other guy that you deleted as moderator from the DB. I don't think he's posted since he PM'd me about a decade ago about being a moderator, but he was always listed as one. I guess this is all just a coincidence and has nothing to do with my post this morning.
At the very least if you're going to PM someone and ask that they be a moderator, and that person accepts and then wades through the bs of being a moderator for years, you could at least give them a heads up.
You are right.
Old 06-09-18, 09:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Why deny what we are? I own being a degen troll, used to be out of line but have toned it down. I think everyone knows i am messing around on here sans horse racing talk. Our reputation speaks for itself, whether it is fair for every circumstance is the part that is up for debate. Unfortunately the general public here will always consider us to be trolling even when you aren't bc we have been pretty wild in the past and still troll currently.

I dont think we can be upset when someone says we are trolling, whether fair or not, when that is what we do a lot of our time on here. Just for fun is my outlook. If Yappi wants to be ban me for being out of line, I will leave. I left for over a year and things seemed fine here lol
This is what I have a problem with. I'm not a troll. I don't say things just to get a rise out of people. From my perspective there's just a ton of stupidity and hypocrisy that gets talked about on here. Pointing that out isn't trolling.
Old 06-09-18, 09:42 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
This is what I have a problem with. I'm not a troll. I don't say things just to get a rise out of people. From my perspective there's just a ton of stupidity and hypocrisy that gets talked about on here. Pointing that out isn't trolling.
I do not see you as a troll.

We see things differently. A few posters will intentionally take the contradictory position just to get a rise out of people. Most of what I consider trolling is users who have continually done these things. It's one thing to have a sincere belief in your position. It's quite another to pick the opposite side of an argument just to annoy other users.

You may not think they are doing it but I've seen it far too many times from the same people that it is simply trolling.
Old 06-09-18, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
I was banned from the pro basketball board because I said I thought Lebron blocking Durant in game one was the correct call after yappi claimed the game was fixed.
Hey ep the series was clearly fixed because the Warriors won 4-0. Seriously any fan who says that series was fixed in any way is a salty, bitter person. Funny how the same people claiming the Penn State-Ohio State game was fixed(even though Ohio State won) are the same people saying the NBA Finals was fixed. Coincidence?
Old 06-09-18, 09:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Well the need for moderation dropped off when people from the left were run off. Unlike some, I never once moderated a post directed at me. I look forward to seeing you delete all the personal attacks going forward. Have fun.
This is what's funny to me as far as the Debate Forum goes. Any attack on the left leaning posters, no matter how vitriolic, is fair game. But god forbid a few people troll the republiclonez every once in awhile. It's such an obvious bias and that place has become a total circle jerk. But yeah the trolls are the problem.
Old 06-09-18, 09:58 PM
All World

Quote:
It's one thing to have a sincere belief in your position. It's quite another to pick the opposite side of an argument just to annoy other users.
I'd say a logical reaction to someone claiming a game was "fixed" would be that they are trolling. It's a ludicrous opinion designed to provoke a reaction, and you've done it at least twice in the past year(game 1 of the finals and the OSU-PSU game.)

I'm sure you'll delete this. But I think you need to consider whether you have some confirmation bias in determining whether a poster is expressing their "sincere beliefs" vs just trying to argue.