Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-18, 06:16 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I don't know, lotr said they were going to lose half their customers so I wouldn't be so sure about that.
What never gets old to me is that the NFL has had some real dirtbags over the years. People guilty of assault, domestic violence, child abuse, etc, but where people like vamps and lotr draw the line is players allegedly disrespecting the flag.
I did? I think I threw out that they might lose 10% of their fan base but I don't think I ever said they would lose half. But hey feel free to go back through old posts and see if you can dig one up. Could be a lot of GOTCHA points in this one!

As to the rest of your post, pretty strange to compare an organized act of protest against a symbol of this nation to the sporadic criminality that would be seen in almost any group of people. Classic sophomoric argument.
Old 08-10-18, 06:34 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I did? I think I threw out that they might lose 10% of their fan base but I don't think I ever said they would lose half.

Quote:
the NFL could lose half their customers in the next 5 years.
Quote:
it would be a problem for most business except I guess for the magical NFL where losing half your customers is no big deal
Old 08-10-18, 06:41 PM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I did? I think I threw out that they might lose 10% of their fan base but I don't think I ever said they would lose half. But hey feel free to go back through old posts and see if you can dig one up. Could be a lot of GOTCHA points in this one!
I get it, you're the Trump of yappi. You can post whatever you want and if anyone brings it up they're just playing gotcha. Congrats.

Quote:
As to the rest of your post, pretty strange to compare an organized act of protest against a symbol of this nation to the sporadic criminality that would be seen in almost any group of people. Classic sophomoric argument.
The protest, which I don't support, is against perceived police brutality in regards to black folks. It's not a protest against the flag.
Old 08-10-18, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post
There's a stupid statement.

The destruction of an American past-time is hardly a waste of time.
What past-time is being destroyed?
Old 08-10-18, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post

You're just playing the gotcha game. Just because he said it that doesn't mean he actually meant it.
Old 08-10-18, 07:00 PM
All World

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What past-time is being destroyed?
Lol

Are the kneelers good or bad for business?
Old 08-10-18, 07:08 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point

When can we expect the end of the NFL due to the kneeling?
Old 08-10-18, 07:16 PM
All World

Neonate is triggered.

Declining revenues is all the proof I need...dork.
Old 08-10-18, 07:41 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Neonate is triggered.

What declining revenues?

Quote:
And the Packers financial records suggest the NFL is doing well. According to the report, the amount of money the NFL distributed to teams grew from $7.8bn in 2016 to $8.1bn in 2017, meaning the league added to its estimated $14bn in overall revenue. This was a 5% increase and far from the great economic rot referenced by Trump. The report pointed to a $50m streaming deal with Amazon as a sign of the NFL’s continued financial boom. In fact, the Amazon deal has been expanded two more years for a total of $130m.

We also know the NFL is thriving because the sale of the Carolina Panthers was completed earlier this month for a record $2.275bn, according to the league’s website. The price appears extreme given that Charlotte, North Carolina, is the nation’s 24th-largest television market, but it’s also a sign that owning an NFL team remains attractive to extremely rich people. The previous record price for a team was $1.4bn, when Terry Pegula bought the Buffalo Bills in 2014.

But the biggest proof that the league is far from failing, despite Trumps’s rants, came on Wednesday when Forbes released its latest rankings of the world’s most valuable sports franchises. Twenty-nine of the NFL’s 32 teams made the top 50 list, which was topped by the Dallas Cowboys whose worth is estimated to be $4.8bn, more than double the $2bn Forbes valued the team at in 2013.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ngs-attendance

Old 08-10-18, 07:47 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One day maybe you'll figure out getting worked up and offended over something that has no real affect on anyone is just a waste of time.
I'm not offended. I just called him a dbag. Has nothing to do with my well being.

You're the one who came rushing in to coddle him.
Old 08-10-18, 07:50 PM
All World

Quote:
I never said anything close to that. How would I have any idea what the flag means to each individual.
Why are you inserting yourself in a conversation that started with someone questioning the meaning of the flag then?
Old 08-10-18, 07:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
You don’t even know the difference between you’re and your, so forgive me if I don’t take this insult seriously.
Great, dbag. My world will go on spinning just the same.
Old 08-10-18, 07:54 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
Great, dbag. My world will go on spinning just the same.
It will go on spinning as you cry and whine about people who you don’t know “disrespecting” a piece of fabric
Old 08-10-18, 07:59 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I get it, you're the Trump of yappi. You can post whatever you want and if anyone brings it up they're just playing gotcha. Congrats.

The protest, which I don't support, is against perceived police brutality in regards to black folks. It's not a protest against the flag.
I'll own it. I was wrong to say they'd lose half their fans as I overreacted to what was going on. It wasn't the first time I got something wrong and it won't be the last time.

I do believe that when all is said and done they'll lose about 10% of their fan base for good with maybe another 10% losing some but not all their interest.

But as far as the kneeling protesting police brutality against Blacks, sorry the evidence that police are more brutal towards African Americans is weak to non-existent. And to me it's goofy to protest against something that isn't even happening.
Old 08-10-18, 09:04 PM
All World

Quote:
What declining revenues?
You're right. I just made that up. Invest everything you have in the NFL.
Old 08-10-18, 09:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'll own it. I was wrong to say they'd lose half their fans as I overreacted to what was going on. It wasn't the first time I got something wrong and it won't be the last time.

I do believe that when all is said and done they'll lose about 10% of their fan base for good with maybe another 10% losing some but not all their interest.
That's a much more reasonable estimate. I think this will eventually blow over but we can agree to disagree.

Quote:
But as far as the kneeling protesting police brutality against Blacks, sorry the evidence that police are more brutal towards African Americans is weak to non-existent. And to me it's goofy to protest against something that isn't even happening.
I agree and have several posts to back that. But you said the protest was against a "symbol of the nation" which is not true.
Old 08-10-18, 09:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Why are you inserting yourself in a conversation that started with someone questioning the meaning of the flag then?
Because you put a flag flying at an NFL stadium on the same level as a flag handed to a family member of a fallen soldier. Pretty $h!tty comparison IMO but I guess you can disagree.
Old 08-10-18, 09:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not offended. I just called him a dbag. Has nothing to do with my well being.

You're the one who came rushing in to coddle him.
I was referring to you having a problem with people kneeling. Obviously you were offended. I never called your "well being" into question.
Old 08-11-18, 12:07 AM
All American

bob22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's a much more reasonable estimate. I think this will eventually blow over but we can agree to disagree.

I agree and have several posts to back that. But you said the protest was against a "symbol of the nation" which is not true.
It would have already but Trump turns organ grinder to make the trumpanzees dance.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-18, 02:05 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The people who take offense to the kneeling are overwhelmingly Republican. These people also wear the clothing I mentioned. Do people on the left wear those things? Sure. But they’re not out here talking about suspending professional athletes without pay because they don’t stand for a song
So you're sure 100% of the people on the left aren't talking about suspending professional athletes without pay because they won't stand for the national anthem? Especially after you claim the the people who take offense to the kneeling are only "overwhelmingly" Republicans?

I think you might have a math problem here with your logic.
Old 08-11-18, 07:29 AM
All American

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Fans are fickle...they will come back with team hat on head and stand in line for their 22oz Bud Light, 2 hotdogs and nachos with orange cheese while the national anthem plays in the background before kickoff.
Old 08-11-18, 08:00 AM
Moderated User

Aaron Rogers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Neonate is triggered.

Revenues arent declining. Viewership and attendance has declined, a trend starting in 2016, but NFL revenues are still increasing year over year.
Old 08-11-18, 09:53 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
It would have already but Trump turns organ grinder to make the trumpanzees dance.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
This!!! He could care less. He's as patriotic as my left nut. Simply a calculated strategy he chooses to stoke, divide, and campaign on. Period.

Contrast those tweets and tone with the upcoming rally on the Charlottesville anniversary. That's his base. Clearly nazis, kkk, and supremacists don't disrespect the flag or what we stand for as much as those black "sobs" in the NFL do.
Old 08-11-18, 10:04 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorblue View Post
Get out of here with that bull. We are ralking about police brutality and social injustice. Conservatives ALWAYS want to bring up black on black crime so people won't talk about the issue of unarmed blacks getting killed by the hands of white cops, who get away with it. Also, orher social injustices. No matfer what color, high concentrations of people in one area causes more crime. The problem is systematic. No jobs, povertg, less education, poor health care etc. All causes of high crime in the hood!

If you disrespect an offiicer? You should get rhe same as white folks, not death or beat up. Some cases blacks didn't have a record, had hands up, complied in every way, and what happens?

Punish those who deal? The government should be tops on the list! They let the drugs into the country and helpex distibute them into the black community. The crack epidemic rook out many blacks or sent to prison. They could have used some rehabilitation services like white folks are getring for herion!

I hate making it a black white issue but that is what many issues come down to. "We all are one" sounds good. Playing field has NEVER been equal. When you guys admit or start seeing it for yourself, We will never be as one. Its not bad to disagree but to hate someone because they are different is a shame.
Speaking of bull....
Old 08-11-18, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What declining revenues?

Attendance and TV ratings are down. The NFL is selling more avenues to try to reach customers including streaming services. On a comparable basis, revenue stream to revenue stream, the NFL is tracking downward. At some point, they have to deal with that - baseball has faced it, NASCAR has faced it. The fans have spoken, they want to watch football, they don't want announcers weaving their agendas into the storyline and they want the players to do their jobs.

The Academy Awards are trying to deal with the downward spiral of its award show - they dropped over 16% in a single year and are down almost 40% from its peak. People are tired of long-winded speeches, various diatribes and screeds from people that believe they know better than the rest of us what we deal with. But the Academy thinks that giving awards to movies that people actually want to watch is going to save their arses.

The performers are about to make themselves as irrelevant as steelworkers did in the 1970s. They think people don't have other avenues to enjoy.
Old 08-11-18, 10:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
It’s a piece of fabric.
Was it a piece of fabric when it was planted at Iwo Jima? Is it a piece of fabric when it's drapped over coffins of dead servicemen or presented to grieving widows?
Old 08-11-18, 10:47 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
But the right has no problem wearing it as bathing suits, shirts, beach towels, etc There’s only a problem when a person of color doesn’t want to stand up for a dumb song while looking at the flag before a sporting event
A piece of fabric, a dumb song.... liberal hatred of America on full display.
Old 08-11-18, 10:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
Point is to honor what the flag and anthem represents. Part of why I joined (and subsequently trained) was to defend others, their freedom, their liberty, including their right to protest social injustices in hopes of making us a better union. Some can distinguish the 2. Kinda what separates us from the North Koreas. JMO.
Including when protesting a made up issue?

Again they are on company time...this isn't a first amendment issue...unless you think Facebook, Twitter etc are violating 1st amendment protections by removing content?
Old 08-11-18, 10:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
One thing I must applaud the NFL players over is how triggered they have people. Ghost is melting down because someone pointed out a flag is a piece of fabric, Vamps is so patriotic he's forcing himself to watch Canadian league football as a counter-protest

I don't agree with the premise the players are protesting under, but god da*n are the results hilarious.
Yeah it's hilarious they are protesting a made up issue and if you call them out for it you are a racist. That's a real knee slapper. And they blame Trump for being divisive.
Old 08-11-18, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

Sure it is. They've been conditioned to hate America by the liberal talking point that we are an inherantly racist nation out to get them. "Perceived police brutality" is just a symptom of that.

Don't fool yourself.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: