Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Is the COF Academy real?
I'm with COF Academy, and we are real. 2 3.57%
Of course. They are the IMG of the north. 3 5.36%
All the OCC teams have dodged them. Even Pickerington Central Catholic 0 0%
They wrecked my L1 points 0 0%
They wrecked my L2 points 1 1.79%
Not until Joe Eitel says so 20 35.71%
If they don't have a bunch of Yappi trolls already, they can't be real. 6 10.71%
Who? 24 42.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-18, 04:39 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
Do you feel the same way about Football North (La Salle game)?
I'm not a big fan playing the Canada schools because there seems to be a lot of last minute cancellations (both Centerville and Alter that I know of this year). I'm willing to bet that a majority of teams, no matter what state, would take offense to one of their players being blocked across an 8 lane track and then over a fence.

That being said, Football North was established and counted as a DIII school per OHSAA. COF is neither. COF still doesn't have a working website and they've posted pictures of them practicing in helmets but no other equipment. They still don't even have a field to play home games at. Other than that, things seem to be going great.
Old 08-09-18, 04:55 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I'm not a big fan playing the Canada schools because there seems to be a lot of last minute cancellations (both Centerville and Alter that I know of this year). I'm willing to bet that a majority of teams, no matter what state, would take offense to one of their players being blocked across an 8 lane track and then over a fence.

That being said, Football North was established and counted as a DIII school per OHSAA. COF is neither. COF still doesn't have a working website and they've posted pictures of them practicing in helmets but no other equipment. They still don't even have a field to play home games at. Other than that, things seem to be going great.
Does LaSalle play scrimmage games?
Old 08-09-18, 06:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Does LaSalle play scrimmage games?
It counted towards Harbin points so my answer would be no but nice attempt.
Old 08-09-18, 07:57 PM
-

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
That being said, Football North was established and counted as a DIII school per OHSAA.
Don't get me started on that. Both Football North programs (the one at Clarkson, the one at St. Joseph) should be D VII. Not buying the OHSAA methodology that puts them in D III / D II. Just does not make sense to me.

Last edited by EagleFan; 08-09-18 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-09-18, 08:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It counted towards Harbin points so my answer would be no but nice attempt.
So, LaSalle is not scrimmaging anyone Saturday nor are they scrimmaging anyone next Friday night?
Old 08-09-18, 09:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
So, LaSalle is not scrimmaging anyone Saturday nor are they scrimmaging anyone next Friday night?
That's not what you were referring to in your original post. You were trying to say LaSalle played a school that compared to COF to try and show I was wrong in calling Waynes game with them a scrimmage.

That being said, I have no clue if they scrimmage anyone these next two weeks. I'd assume they do but I don't have any actual knowledge of who or when.
Old 08-10-18, 02:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
That's not what you were referring to in your original post. You were trying to say LaSalle played a school that compared to COF to try and show I was wrong in calling Waynes game with them a scrimmage.

That being said, I have no clue if they scrimmage anyone these next two weeks. I'd assume they do but I don't have any actual knowledge of who or when.
It was exactly what I was referring too, I know Canada North counts in Harbins as Wayne has played them before I was referring to scrimmages such as this Saturday morning and this upcoming Friday night. You stated that teams should not play because of possible risk for injury if the game does not count.... so, should there be scrimmages???
Old 08-10-18, 06:09 PM
All American

I wouldn't play a scrimmage in the middle of the season. And most preseason scrimmages aren't exactly games. Scenarios, early whistles, some agree no contact with QBs.

It'd be really nice if Wayne allowed COF Academy to use their field for when they're supposed to play Football North a week from today. Usually teams have a home field locked up more than 7 days prior. Again, feel bad for the kids.
Old 08-13-18, 06:12 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk85 View Post
Four days to go until Clarkson Football North makes the 400-mile, 7-hour bus ride to COF Academy in Columbus for the first game of the Ohio high school football season.

Who ya got? Anyone going to the game? What's the parking situation like? Any good restaurants nearby? When does COF start full pads?

Is it true the Richard Allen Group RE1 LLC is a shell corporation registered by Roy Johnson and is not affiliated with the AME Church?

Is it true the AME Church is not connected with COF Academy?

Is it true a player from South High is playing under a different name at COF?

Just wondering.
not sure if those answers will find there way to this site
Old 08-13-18, 11:54 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
So they're planning to play in Obetz.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmbN_oDD...d=44xan2c4tyiq
Old 08-14-18, 12:48 PM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
So they're planning to play in Obetz.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmbN_oDD...d=44xan2c4tyiq
Mackinbiner, I had to check this one out, because the Obetz website page for the Fortress schedule didn't show anything. I had Green_n_Gold76 check it out since he lives in Obetz. Even he had a hard time believing it, but he did confirm.

If I'm not doing anything this Friday, I may mosey on over there to check it out.

UPDATE: The Fortress just posted this on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/266034164124551/
Old 08-14-18, 03:13 PM
All District

hammer89 is on a distinguished road
"0 going, 2 interested" lol buy your tickets now!
Old 08-14-18, 04:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
not sure if those answers will find there way to this site

From Redhawk85:
Who ya got? Anyone going to the game? What's the parking situation like? Any good restaurants nearby?

Plenty of parking. The last two weeks Obetz has been covering just about all of graveled areas surrounding Fortress Field with asphalt - mostly for the upcoming Zucchini Festival. Of course, as Hammer89 noted, it likely won't be an issue for this game, but you never know.

Not much in the way of restaurants real close by. There's a Donato's on Alum Creek Dr just south of the area, and you'll see Chipotle, McD's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Arby's at the Alum Creek/I-270 exit.
Old 08-14-18, 10:00 PM
Freshman

Redhawk85 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunardo View Post
Plenty of parking. The last two weeks Obetz has been covering just about all of graveled areas surrounding Fortress Field with asphalt - mostly for the upcoming Zucchini Festival. Of course, as Hammer89 noted, it likely won't be an issue for this game, but you never know.

Not much in the way of restaurants real close by. There's a Donato's on Alum Creek Dr just south of the area, and you'll see Chipotle, McD's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Arby's at the Alum Creek/I-270 exit.
What I was really getting at is that it is two days until their first regular season game and they haven't practiced in full pads, haven't had a scrimmage, and don't appear to have any equipment or uniforms. Are they following heat acclimation protocols? Will there be any certified trainers at the game? Do the coaches have CPR training as required by Ohio law? Are any authorities going to monitor this unsanctioned and unsupervised contest?

Who is the headmaster or principal of this school? Who is the chaplain?

Just wondering.
Old 08-15-18, 05:26 AM
All Region

Jaws31 is on a distinguished road
One kids Twitter says he is going to prep there for 6 months but also says he is a juco product, but either way has graduated from high school in New Jersey. So is this place supposed to be a high school, a prep school, a juco? Sad thing is they probably don't even know themselves. They are probably telling everyone and anyone what they want to hear just to get their money. Iggy and the rest would be wise to drop these guys now.
Old 08-15-18, 06:49 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Copied from the Max Preps website:

"Is Paul Williams still the coach of this team? Help us out by sending us their contact information or info on the new coach."
Old 08-15-18, 07:47 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
That academy is turning into a complete joke
Hopefully they can pull it off; although it's getting tougher to see how they are going to do it. And if they can't, I hope they give Canada North plenty of notice. That's a long way to drive only to find the lights off and a "Gone fishing" sign in the window!
Old 08-15-18, 03:14 PM
All American

Nobody tell Vamps, he still thinks they're a legit school.
Old 08-15-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nobody tell Vamps, he still thinks they're a legit school.
????

I do not like the fact that this school exists in Ohio and I hope they fail or move out of state.....

that being said, they are on our schedule and if they show up we will play them.... but this will be the last time they ever show up on our schedule.
Old 08-15-18, 09:38 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Copied from the Max Preps website:

"Is [so and so]still the coach of this team? Help us out by sending us their contact information or info on the new coach."
To be fair, this is not uncommon with many Ohio programs that have a Maxpreps page. I think it automatically generates if there’s inactivity on page editing, on the part of a program representative.
Old 08-15-18, 11:02 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Quote:
To be fair, this is not uncommon with many Ohio programs that have a Maxpreps page. I think it automatically generates if there’s inactivity on page editing, on the part of a program representative.
Yeah, it's just a way of asking if for more info if there's inactivity. My guess is after the schedule was updated nothing else was (no other sports, no rosters, no JV, etc), which flags it that maybe the coach who was the data entry person isn't there and trying to prod someone into contacting them.
Old 08-16-18, 09:08 AM
All American

Quote:
Thanks for correcting me. I didn't realize that was how Max Preps handles its pages. Given that, I am not sure what to make of the fact the Max Preps now lists COF's first game as being on 8/24 against North Allegheny.
Old 08-16-18, 09:32 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
COF Academy does indicate that their game this Friday will be streamed live:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjO3LEj...d=ij8xik5ek7re
Old 08-16-18, 11:37 PM
Varsity

drew2732 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post

This whole thing feels like some kind of conspiracy but I'm definitely rooting for them to show up to show up tomorrow night. Still haven't seen anyone in pads yet, although they have helmets. I'll definitely be checking on this potential stream.

Seems like there's too much video evidence for them to be completely fake. If those linemen carrying the cooler (2nd link below) show up I think they've got a chance to compete with a couple of teams..or at least stay out of the hospital. I think they'll beat Dunbar just by looking at these videos alone...if they show up of course.

https://www.facebook.com/96884008328...3034738446517/
https://www.facebook.com/96884008328...9653826489508/

*Edit Just realized there's no "Bio" section in facebook. Where is this hypothetical link going to be posted? Did they mean in the "About" section?

Last edited by drew2732; 08-17-18 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-17-18, 12:57 AM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2732 View Post
This whole thing feels like some kind of conspiracy but I'm definitely rooting for them to show up to show up tomorrow night. Still haven't seen anyone in pads yet, although they have helmets. I'll definitely be checking on this potential stream.

Seems like there's too much video evidence for them to be completely fake. If those linemen carrying the cooler (2nd link below) show up I think they've got a chance to compete with a couple of teams..or at least stay out of the hospital. I think they'll beat Dunbar just by looking at these videos alone...if they show up of course.

https://www.facebook.com/96884008328...3034738446517/
https://www.facebook.com/96884008328...9653826489508/

*Edit Just realized there's no "Bio" section in facebook. Where is this hypothetical link going to be posted? Did they mean in the "About" section?
Good question. As with everything associated with this COF outfit, the posting on how to view the live stream is not real clear. I am thinking that the "Link in bio #COFAcademy #IRONMEN #WeAreCOF" is done from Instagram and not Facebook. That is just my guess.
Old 08-17-18, 04:57 AM
All Region

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Elk View Post

Has COF had a scrimmage yet?
Old 08-17-18, 07:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Or some genius marketing to generate buzz. I mean, there are already 215 posts here for a school that nobody's actually seen yet.

Tom Sawyer himself couldn't have done a better job trying to get others to do his work for him.

Quote:
When I saw the live stream mentioned, I just assumed they would do it via Facebook Live?
Old 08-17-18, 09:05 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Has COF had a scrimmage yet?
Crazy if they will play a "regular" game without a couple scrimmages first
Old 08-17-18, 11:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Crazy if they will play a "regular" game without a couple scrimmages first
Crazy nobody even knows if they have pads outside of helmets. Also had kids stating they were on the way to play there as of this past weekend. Others stating they were going there for JUCO which would mean they couldn't play vs OHSAA schools (and I'm sure other states). Still don't have a website or way to sign up for the school. Or even a building to have classes in.
Old 08-17-18, 12:44 PM
All Ohio

nupanther is on a distinguished road
Is it within the rules to have kids in an ' online' school and still eligible to have a team? I'm pretty sure there are some home school club teams