Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-06-18, 06:50 PM
All Yappi

INDIANS_RULE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to INDIANS_RULE
I haven't played as much as I normally do this summer due to other stuff going on. But Saturday was a love-hate day. I played the front in 43, then a par on 10 then the wheels came off on the tee box of 11. No matter what I tried to do to get it back it just wouldn't and I shot a 56 on the back. I was so beside myself at what was going wrong...hitting behind the ball... pulling my drives.. distances on my irons went away. It got to the point I was just laughing at myself because I didn't know what to do.

We are playing an event at Eagles Landing in Oregon on the 18th a course I've never played so I'm kinda nervous on which part of my game will show up that day.
Old 08-07-18, 04:28 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
It happens. No worm burners, eh? Sometimes, all you can do is laugh!

Maybe you will shoot two 49s to beat your last round. Or, even two 46s or two 43s or.....

Hope you have pleasant weather and clear skies in OR.
Old 08-08-18, 07:47 PM
All American

Myron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Also the history is very colorful, it is no longer the "family" hang out that it once was and I am not talking the wife and kids type family either.
Ha ha ha, Auggie—you know that place’s history well!
Old 08-29-18, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
It became official today that Tam O'Shanter in Canton will close for good on November 4th. There were some that hoped the "Hills" course would operate for 2019, they've decided to wrap it all up at the end of the season.
Old 08-29-18, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
It became official today that Tam O'Shanter in Canton will close for good on November 4th. There were some that hoped the "Hills" course would operate for 2019, they've decided to wrap it all up at the end of the season.
Wow. Another one bites the dust.
Old 08-29-18, 04:37 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
"Country clubs and cemeteries are the biggest wasters of prime real estate!"
Al Czervik

A classic course from another era, use to host the Ohio Open because it had 36 holes. Second time I broke 80 playing strict USGA rules was on one of the courses, great memories. Many courses in metro areas are closing and it is a big challenge if looking for a good golf experience living in a city. Either you pay up and join a club, slog it out on a packed nice suburban course, or drive many miles to play a decent track in the country.
Old 08-31-18, 07:45 AM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow. Too bad. Good memories of that course and the Ohio Open.

Any idea what they are going to do with the property?
Old 08-31-18, 08:09 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post

Probably the usual. Developer will want it, the community will fight the development, it will end up in Court and eventually it will be developed.
Old 08-31-18, 11:25 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy View Post

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201808...-closing-nov-4

62 acres along Fulton and Everhard Rd. has been rezoned commercial (NE corner of the property), so there are plans for some retail and office space going in there. At least 20 acres are going to the Jackson Twp. Parks Dept. to be used for active recreation (soccer fields and such which might help relieve congestion at Jackson Community Park across from Jackson HS), and the Stark County Parks Dept. is acquiring 205 acres for passive recreation (running/hiking trails, land conservation, etc).

The course had been rumored to be closing for a few years. What triggered this final action is that Stark Parks said it could be in a position to acquire its share of the property sooner than expected, so the course operators felt it would be wrong to start booking events for 2019 if they weren't sure the course would be around for the entire year.

I had only played there twice. My uncle had a season pass for years, and the course was home to my cousin's HS team as well as many other local HS teams over the years. Sad to see it go, but it had reached the end of its useful life.
Old 08-31-18, 01:48 PM
All Yappi

And to think due to the politics of Cleveland the very crappy Highland Park GC, sitting on very desirable property in suburban Beachwood, still has not closed.

Last edited by Auggie; 08-31-18 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-04-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Played Boulder Creek this weekend and did well on a very hard course. Used most clubs in the bag and I forgot how scenic this course is. The course was in good shape but one thing the they do that frustrating is over watering. Yes it makes it nice and green in late summer but too many drives and well struck shots plugged in the middle of the fairway with no roll. How many times do you lift and clean balls in 90 degree temps? The greens were great but too many divots that idiot public players do not take a minute to fix, I hate this. They also double booked prime time tee times. I guess this is something that happens frequently as the group behind us was giving the starter a hard time on the 1st tee and the poor guy had no good answer other than MGMT takes care of their good customers.

Old 09-05-18, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

Played two nice courses in Pawleys Island, SC this week, Pawleys Plantation and Caledonia. Caledonia is the most beautiful course I have ever played. It's a former rice plantation that they converted to a golf course 20 years ago or so. Played late in the day so got on at a reasonable rate and played well, which helped make the round even more, but I could have shot a 100 and enjoyed the beauty of the place.

Old 09-05-18, 07:34 PM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Nice!
Old 09-08-18, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My home course for high school golf in 1964,wonderful layout.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: