Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-29-18, 04:40 PM
Freshman

NGU is on a distinguished road
AAU Junior Olympics Team Ohio

Looking forward to great results from the Ohio Teams competing in Iowa this week.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-18, 05:17 PM
Freshman

Smitty47 is on a distinguished road
Me too! Would love to be able to watch them live. Anybody know if they’re being posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-18, 07:44 PM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Abyone have a roster
Old 07-30-18, 01:01 AM
All Yappi

Boro Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wresfan View Post
Abyone have a roster
The event is on trackwrestling. Rosters are posted there.
Old 08-02-18, 12:30 AM
All Yappi

One result that caught my eye.

Eddie Neitenbach tech falled Skyler Wisecarver 16-5

Neitenbach is going into 7th grade, while Wisecarver will be a senior and is a returning state qualifier in D1

Can anyone confirm if this result is correct or is it a typo?
Old 08-03-18, 10:51 PM
Freshman

Yes, this is a correct result.
Old 08-03-18, 10:52 PM
Freshman

Also, three of four Ohio Teams finished in the Top 8 and were All Americans.
Old 08-06-18, 11:53 AM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro Fan View Post
One result that caught my eye.

Eddie Neitenbach tech falled Skyler Wisecarver 16-5

Neitenbach is going into 7th grade, while Wisecarver will be a senior and is a returning state qualifier in D1
Wisecarver hurt his hand and if not for it being a team competition probably would not have wrestled his remaining matches after the injury. So props for taking it for the team. With that being said, Eddie wrestled a great match and earned the victory. Looked really really good.
Old 08-06-18, 12:03 PM
All American

MitSulHer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGU View Post
Also, three of four Ohio Teams finished in the Top 8 and were All Americans.
To be honest I think the coaches decided they did not have ONE team that could win the whole thing so they decided to divide the teams up by who wanted to be on the same team, be with their buddies, a certain coach, etc.

Team Brown finished the highest getting 5th place. Team from MAWA (east coast team that won first place, Brecksville team was 2nd). MAWA had Ryan Anderson and he beat Voinovich 4-3 at 152.

Three Ohio Brown wrestlers finished the week undefeated.

Doug Terry (Granville) went 13-0. He also won the individual tourney. He looked awesome. He and was one match was placing at Fargo. So 17-2 record in a month is not too shabby.
Bradley Smith (Beavercreek) went 10-0. He won a match he was down 8-0. Won 19-8.
Mitch Herren (Upper Arlington) went 10-0 with an 8-7 win over Rootstown Cabel Edwards (ranked #2 113 D3). I don't see that dude making 113. He was pretty big. Herren also won a 20-19 match he was down by 7 with a minute to go against MAWA.

This is the 2nd year my son has done AAU JO and it is so much fun. Great coaches, great teammates, great experience. Did I mention how great it was. lol

BTW - Team Ohio Brown is in honor of coach John Brown, a math teacher and former head wrestling coach at Mount Vernon High School, killed in a car accident last year.

It was also nice to see David Carr at the tournament. Since it was in Des Moines Iowa he came over to help coach his teammate Darese Speakman.
Old 08-07-18, 08:06 AM
Varsity

Synergy is on a distinguished road
AAU was awesome this year Ohio hade 5 teams total. That was great to see. The only thing that I was disappointed with was how they decided to do the individual tournament. For instance the 160lb bracket, they took the top 4 kids based on their duel record and put them in "Pool A" then took the next 4 kids in "Pool B" each pool then wrested for gold per pool. So the Pool B wrestlers didn't have to face the top 4 kids and the top 4 had to wrestle each other.
The kid who took 4th in pool A beat the winner of pool B 11-2 during the duels but the pool B wrestler has a gold medal.
Old 08-07-18, 02:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitSulHer View Post
Mitch Herren (Upper Arlington) went 10-0 with an 8-7 win over Rootstown Cabel Edwards (ranked #2 113 D3). I don't see that dude making 113. He was pretty big. Herren also won a 20-19 match he was down by 7 with a minute to go against MAWA.
Edwards cuts weights pretty well and beat Barnett in freestyle, so I hear will be very motivated to get down to 113.