Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-01-17, 11:24 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
What Movies Did You Watch in December 2017?

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#3721 Don't Knock Twice (UK-2016) ... 5.5/8

#3722 The Harvest (US-2013) ... 5.0/8

#3723 Totem (US-2017) ... 5.0/8

Last edited by vamp2syd; 12-06-17 at 11:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-17, 06:33 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Baby Driver - Good all round film. Car chases 7/8. Eiza González (muy caliente) 7/8. Jami Fox (very menacing) 7/8. Story 5/8.

Total score 6/8
Old 12-04-17, 05:06 PM
All Yappi

A Monster Calls (UK-2016)

Fantasy: Wow, This one was incredibly depressing and hit too close to home. Amazing movie about a boy dealing with some really depressing issues. Incredible atmosphere especially the scenes with the monster and the stories it told..... 7.0/8
Old 12-06-17, 11:20 PM
All Yappi

Don't Knock Twice (UK-2016)

Horror: Don't knock twice at the dead witches house or else she will come and take you away... this urban legend was tested by a teen named Chloe and shortly after she is fearing for her safety.... can mommy help??? Well, I liked it... 5.5/8

The Harvest (2013)

Horror: A curious girl befriends a very sick boy and discovers something sinister is going on... 5.0/8
Old 12-06-17, 11:23 PM
All Yappi

Totem (2017)

Horror: A teen girl feels that a spirit has been angered when her Dad's new girlfriend moves in. Not to bad with the exception of one scene where that is no way that a parent would leave their child alone after what just had happened..... 5.0/8
Old 12-07-17, 01:06 PM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
The Wall

Fantasy: Visually it was enjoyable. Story was so, so. Hard to watch Jason Bourne with really long hair acting like a master archer. 4/8

Kong Skull Island

Fantasy: Visually it was very enjoyable. They deviated from the original (remakes) story line. I liked that better. No way you were getting this Kong on a tanker. Back story on Goodman could've been developed more. The amount of soldiers that survived the initial attack is ludicrous. Back story on the island could've also been developed more with the research/scientist's theory. 5/8
Old 12-07-17, 05:27 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Colossal: 5.5/8

Really quite enjoyed it. Something different and a couple nice twists. They don't really put too much into the backstory, but they give you enough to make the story work. Solid performances from Hathaway, Sudeikis and Stevens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-17, 06:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
The Wall

Fantasy: Visually it was enjoyable. Story was so, so. Hard to watch Jason Bourne with really long hair acting like a master archer. 4/8

Kong Skull Island

Fantasy: Visually it was very enjoyable. They deviated from the original (remakes) story line. I liked that better. No way you were getting this Kong on a tanker. Back story on Goodman could've been developed more. The amount of soldiers that survived the initial attack is ludicrous. Back story on the island could've also been developed more with the research/scientist's theory. 5/8
you have to be talking about a different "The Wall" then what I am used to seeing....

Just got done watching Skull Island. I have a pet peeve about movies that deal with the military as being dumb twitted... so I did not like that aspect of the movie. I did like the visuals and the scene that took place after the credits......
Old 12-07-17, 07:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
you have to be talking about a different "The Wall" then what I am used to seeing....

Just got done watching Skull Island. I have a pet peeve about movies that deal with the military as being dumb twitted... so I did not like that aspect of the movie. I did like the visuals and the scene that took place after the credits......

It was The Great Wall

Old 12-09-17, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Coco

8/8

Pixars latest is a wildly imaginative fable of the meaning of family. Spectacular and photo realistic animation combined with a sharp yet sentimental script makes this one of the best PIXAR movies yet. Young kids will especially love this movie and it's a perfect fit for the holidays.
Old 12-12-17, 08:29 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
XXX: Return of Xandar Cage - 4.5/8

Gotta admit, I enjoyed it. It's not going to win any awards or anything, but for an action flick it's a good way to spend 100 minutes. Even has some plot moments you wouldn't necessarily expect to see. I give it credit for not just doing a simple generic plot with explosions. They even set it up perfectly for a fourth movie that I honestly really hope they make.

If you had any enjoyment watching either of the first two XXX movies, you'd enjoy this.

Old 12-12-17, 08:42 AM
All Region

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2

7/8

Funny movie. Visual effects were on point. The fight scenes were a little disjointed. They developed some of the other characters (besides Quill and Gomorrah) which I think was good for the franchise.
Old 12-12-17, 10:34 AM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
First time seeing The Holiday. Got suckered into it by the old lady.

Wasn't too bad... 5/8
Old 12-12-17, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Baby Driver - Good all round film. Car chases 7/8. Eiza González (muy caliente) 7/8. Jami Fox (very menacing) 7/8. Story 5/8.

Total score 6/8
I thought it was horrible to be honest.
Old 12-12-17, 01:21 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I thought it was horrible to be honest.

First person I've seen not like it

Old 12-12-17, 04:36 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
First person I've seen not like it

Sorry. Maybe i wasnt in the mood that day? I really think I just missed the age demographic to be honest.
Old 12-12-17, 04:45 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I saw two films over the weekend:

The Beguiled (2017) - Fine film and strong story. It was interesting to watch the film at this time when the point is driven home every evening in the news that "women are not to be trifled with" and when the concept that there were people of good character (although mistaken) on both sides of the Civil War. The "danger" of a girl's maturation process is covered here in the same manner as Picnic at Hanging Rock (1975) and the The Virgin Suicides (1999) (starring Kirsten Dunst who was also in The Beguiled) 6/8

Destry Rides Again (1939) - A Jimmy Stewart western. Funny and a good yawn at the same time. Marlene Dietrich's character was beautifully parodied in Blazing Saddles (1974) by Madeline Kahn 6/8.
Old 12-12-17, 07:35 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Talking Catching Up

The Breaking Point - (1950) John Garfield (who died of a heart attack at 39), Patricia Neal, Phyliss Thaxter, Jauno Hernandez, Wallace Ford

"An otherwise moral captain of a charter boat becomes financially strapped and is drawn into illegal activities in order to keep up payments on his boat." (IMBd)

If the guy had just cut out his cigs, booze and other bad habits, he would have been okay! 'Relax. Just let it happen.'

This is a film worth watching more than once - as I will. I don't believe I fully appreciated the unique characters and want to "study on them a bit" the next time around. BTW, this was an Ernest Hemingway story shown on TMC. 6/8

November Viewings:

Sounder - (1972) - Cicely Tyson, Paul Winfield, Kevin Hooks

"The oldest son of a loving and strong family of black sharecroppers comes of age in the Depression-era South after his father is imprisoned for stealing food." (IMBd)

Life is all about choices. Risk vs. reward.

I liked the historical aspect of this movie. Plus, there is a scruffy, huntin' dog (Sounder). James Best had a small - yet interesting - role as Sheriff Young. 5/8

and

Test Pilot - Clark Gable, Myrna Loy, Spencer Tracy, Lionel Barrymore

"In this film, Clark Gable plays a courageous test pilot, who compromises his achievements with his frequent bouts of drinking. While testing a new aircraft, Gable is forced to land on a Midwestern farm, where he meets and falls in love with Myrna Loy." (IMBd)

What can be said about this cast except - Wow!. Tracy as the babysitting sidekick and Barrymore as the driven business owner were great, but Myrna Loy was the tough one (what else would you expect from a Kansas farmgirl?) and the glue that held herself and this circle of characters together. One tough cookie. 5.5/8 Maybe even higher. Worth a second look, too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: