Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins Challenge Game (10/19): Massillon Perry (6-2) vs Canton McKinley (8-0)
Massillon Perry by 1-7 11 45.83%
Massillon Perry by 8-14 0 0%
Massillon Perry by 15+ 1 4.17%
Canton McKinley by 1-7 1 4.17%
Canton McKinley by 8-14 9 37.50%
Canton McKinley by 15+ 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-18, 07:55 AM
Freshman

Grepneff4545Bubba is on a distinguished road
Perry vs canton mckinley

Perry will beat Pups. Better coaching. Better defense. No way Pups go 9 and 0. Watch and see.....
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-18, 08:12 AM
All Yappi

BigBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grepneff4545Bubba View Post
Perry will beat Pups. Better coaching. Better defense. No way Pups go 9 and 0. Watch and see.....
Old 10-15-18, 08:19 AM
Varsity

Bigpup330 is on a distinguished road
I think this will be the year McKinley will beat Perry. Perry struggles to stop the pass and this will be the best group of WR perry faced all year McKinley 42 Perry 24
Old 10-15-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpup330 View Post
I think this will be the year McKinley will beat Perry.
I did not realize Perry won the last 4 in a row till you said that and I looked it up. Yeah you definitely need to change that! Good luck.
Old 10-15-18, 10:46 AM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Gee. A guy with 3 posts.

Quote:
I know. You want to put this in the Bulldogs locker room. Well. . . . This is why they play. Other years Perry has had to fight and claw to Beat McKinley. If we do that it may still not be enough. We have to play a near perfect game. Good luck to both teams.
Old 10-15-18, 11:07 AM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
If Perry can ball control and not turn the ball over it will be close in the 4th qtr. I would be shocked if mck has more then 7 plays in any drive the whole game.
mck by 14
Old 10-15-18, 12:04 PM
Junior Varsity

Remark1 is on a distinguished road
I have watched both teams play. Perry wins this one! I think this is true because Perry is coming off the loss to Lake. McKinley will finish 8-2. Just my take.
Old 10-15-18, 02:00 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
I think it’s interesting a couple of newbies predict a Perry win...hmmmmmm.

To me Perry didn’t look mentally reading to play last week. I’m not slighting Lake, their kids played hard like it meant more to them. When you see an underdog take the opening kickoff and go down and score. Then to give up a huge punt return on the next possession? That sends up a red flag to me. I’ve been watching Perry for over 45 years and I can’t remember the last time they gave up a punt return TD. It’s been awhile. It was 14-0 before you could blink your eye and that was the worst thing Perry could do was give Lake confidence and momentum. Consequently they were in a dogfight the rest of the night.

On to this week. Perry will have to play almost mistake free and play with some emotion and fire. They will have to tackle better in space, not give up big plays, get stops on third down and try and get McKinley on their heels some with their misdirection plays. Special teams are crucial, you can’t have a breakdown like last week. Kickoff and punt returns along with blocked punts a tremendous momentum plays. The Panthers must avoid second and third and long situations.
The task at hand isn’t impossible and I feel the Panthers will show up ready to play their best, but will it be enough? Time will tell.
Old 10-15-18, 03:18 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Not much more can be said. McKinley is the heavy favorite this year. McKinley has been favored most years, but this one feels different.

I really hope I'm wrong and I totally could be. Was surprised by the Lake score last Friday, so I'm not going to be surprised anymore at who wins these Fed games.
Old 10-15-18, 03:39 PM
Freshman

Grepneff4545Bubba is on a distinguished road
No disrespect to Mck

If this was the 81, 97 and 98 Bulldogs my God Perry would not stand a prayer. But its not. Perry defense and there coaching is vastly superior to that of the pups. Mck always this season just cant stop committing penalties and making bone head mistakes. Perry too balanced. If Mck can stop penalties and not overlook Perry for Massillon. Perry 31 Mck 14 F...Truth is the mens heads are too big and there gonna get Pantherized!!! Gonna be alot of mad Puppy fans...
Old 10-15-18, 03:45 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Does feel different. Curtis has thrown for 200+ in each of the last 4 weeks and has both WR's back now which doesn't bode well, and running game looks improved. Plus @ home. If Perry wins I wouldn't be shocked but... pretty surprised, lol.
Old 10-15-18, 03:55 PM
All Region

dopamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If this was the 81, 97 and 98 Bulldogs my God Perry would not stand a prayer. But its not. Perry defense and there coaching is vastly superior to that of the pups. Mck always this season just cant stop committing penalties and making bone head mistakes. Perry too balanced. If Mck can stop penalties and not overlook Perry for Massillon. Perry 31 Mck 14 F...Truth is the mens heads are too big and there gonna get Pantherized!!! Gonna be alot of mad Puppy fans...
If your prediction is as good as your grammar McKinley is going to murder them. So what grade are you in 8th or 9th?
Old 10-15-18, 04:23 PM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Perry too balanced.
Címon man.
Old 10-15-18, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

afwpatfire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1480 View Post
Címon man.
Yeah, first time Iíve ever heard Perry called balanced, lol.
Old 10-15-18, 04:51 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
I think itís interesting a couple of newbies predict a Perry win...hmmmmmm.

To me Perry didnít look mentally reading to play last week. Iím not slighting Lake, their kids played hard like it meant more to them. When you see an underdog take the opening kickoff and go down and score. Then to give up a huge punt return on the next possession? That sends up a red flag to me. Iíve been watching Perry for over 45 years and I canít remember the last time they gave up a punt return TD. Itís been awhile. It was 14-0 before you could blink your eye and that was the worst thing Perry could do was give Lake confidence and momentum. Consequently they were in a dogfight the rest of the night.

On to this week. Perry will have to play almost mistake free and play with some emotion and fire. They will have to tackle better in space, not give up big plays, get stops on third down and try and get McKinley on their heels some with their misdirection plays. Special teams are crucial, you canít have a breakdown like last week. Kickoff and punt returns along with blocked punts a tremendous momentum plays. The Panthers must avoid second and third and long situations.
The task at hand isnít impossible and I feel the Panthers will show up ready to play their best, but will it be enough? Time will tell.
Hey Ed how about this, instead of kicking the ball to the guy at the 15 or 20 yard line and he returns it to the 40-45 yard line, lets just kick the ball out of bounds and give it to Mck at the 35, what say it you?
Old 10-15-18, 05:00 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, I know I'm not Big Ed, but in case you want extra input.

Only problem there is that if the penalty is enforced properly by the officials, the receiving team has 3 options:

1. Take the ball at the spot it went out of bounds - You'd likely choose this following a failed onside attempt
2. Take the ball 25 yards from the free kick spot - Most will choose this option which is why the 35 is where the ball goes after deeper out of bounds kicks
3. 5 yard penalty on the kicking team and re-kick - You'll choose this option if you love your return game, or if you must have a big return

If the receiving team chooses the 3rd option, you're either still in jeopardy of giving up a big return on the re-kick, or you kick it out of bounds again and either repeat the process or have the ball placed at the 40. End of the day, anything is better than giving up a TD on the kickoff return. Make the other team have to keep snapping the ball to get points, so maybe your defense can make a play.
Old 10-15-18, 05:17 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
WAIT A SECOND!!!!!

I go to Buckeye game for weekend and somebody SHUTS DOWN Stark County Banter Thread because Massillon scores 100 points and we want to Banter about it!!!

Sad! Sad! Sad!

Come on!!!!
Old 10-15-18, 05:19 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only problem there is that if the penalty is enforced properly by the officials, the receiving team has 3 options:

1. Take the ball at the spot it went out of bounds - You'd likely choose this following a failed onside attempt
2. Take the ball 25 yards from the free kick spot - Most will choose this option which is why the 35 is where the ball goes after deeper out of bounds kicks
3. 5 yard penalty on the kicking team and re-kick - You'll choose this option if you love your return game, or if you must have a big return

If the receiving team chooses the 3rd option, you're either still in jeopardy of giving up a big return on the re-kick, or you kick it out of bounds again and either repeat the process or have the ball placed at the 40. End of the day, anything is better than giving up a TD on the kickoff return. Make the other team have to keep snapping the ball to get points, so maybe your defense can make a play.
Mr. Slippery you are correct on all the choices....we had one go out of bounds against McK and they made us re-kick. This is an interesting game....both have offenses that attack the weakness of the other teams defense. If Perry can stay even could be the last team who has the ball wins.
Old 10-15-18, 05:24 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Mr. Slippery you are correct on all the choices....we had one go out of bounds against McK and they made us re-kick. This is an interesting game....both have offenses that attack the weakness of the other teams defense. If Perry can stay even could be the last team who has the ball wins.
The Federal League is as unpredictable as ever. McKinley looks like the obvious favorite here, but Wakefield will get his players to respond after last weekend. The Panthers will be in it all the way with a chance to win at the end.
Old 10-15-18, 05:26 PM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
WAIT A SECOND!!!!!

I go to Buckeye game for weekend and somebody SHUTS DOWN Stark County Banter Thread because Massillon scores 100 points and we want to Banter about it!!!

Sad! Sad! Sad!

Come on!!!!
Old 10-15-18, 05:58 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
WAIT A SECOND!!!!!

Sad! Sad! Sad!

Come on!!!!
I was at the Buckeye game this weekend. I didn't see you. LOL.
Old 10-15-18, 06:22 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
I was at the Buckeye game this weekend. I didn't see you. LOL.
This does explain the crappy performance.
Old 10-15-18, 06:34 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A fourth option was added this year.
The three previous options were....

1) Accept a 5-yard penalty from the previous spot and have K rekick

2) Put the ball in play at the inbounds spot 25 yards beyond the previous spot

3) Decline the penalty and put the ball in play at the inbounds spot

The new option is....

4) Accept a 5yd penalty at the succeeding spot (spot where the kicked ball, untouched by R, went of bounds)
Old 10-15-18, 06:53 PM
All Region

MrStarkFootball
If i'm Mckinley there is no need to even prepare for the 6-2 Panthers. I would totally focus on THE GAME. Beating the Tigers this year would be like winning the Super Bowl. Little, D2 Perry is nothing to worry about. Mckinley beat Hoover by 19 and Perry lost to them by 14. Everyone knows that means Mckinley will beat Perry by at least 33 points. Mckinley should just watch film on Washington this entire week and rest the Pups for next Saturday...

Last edited by MrStarkFootball; 10-15-18 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-15-18, 07:04 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Perry (my team ) will go down. They are NOT balanced, have injuries and several soph. are starting. I hope i am wrong .
Old 10-15-18, 07:10 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
There is only 1 team in Massillon not capable of beating McKinley and they are purple!
Old 10-15-18, 07:14 PM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Hoover's passing game was too much for Perry. McKinley has a very good passing game as well. It may be too much for Perry this week. I am rooting for the Perry in this game however.
Old 10-15-18, 09:17 PM
All Region

JJBulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine View Post
If your prediction is as good as your grammar McKinley is going to murder them. So what grade are you in 8th or 9th?
Old 10-15-18, 09:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
There is only 1 team in Massillon not capable of beating McKinley and they are purple!
Wrong. Tuslaw wears blue.
Old 10-15-18, 09:28 PM
All Region

Perry 14 McKinley 14 ot

Game of matchups. Perry will eat clock on two big long drives. McKinley will come back to tie. OT. Anyone's game.