Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-17-18, 07:42 PM
Benchboss1 Benchboss1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-08-01
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 853
Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Perry would have beaten Massillon the last 3 years ehh? Please, keep making things up as you go! How about you slow down typing..

2015 Massillon at Perry Massillon 41- 37 oops!
Hey jeroe, wasn’t that 2015 Perry team generally considered the best in their schools history? And Massillon still beat them?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-17-18, 07:44 PM
MrStarkFootball MrStarkFootball is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-14-02
Location: best football per capita
Posts: 325
MrStarkFootball
Ha, went to the theater three times to watch the last 5 minutes of Go Tigers.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-17-18, 07:46 PM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 854
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
Hey jeroe, wasn’t that 2015 Perry team generally considered the best in their schools history? And Massillon still beat them?
Yep and Massillon was 4-6!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-17-18, 07:58 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,380
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
Being old school, I was always taught to say what I mean, not speak in generalities like Wakie does when he discusses why he is afraid to play Massillon.
Wakefield doesn't seem like the kind to pull his punches. But, when representing an institution like a high school, a little restraint is needed.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-17-18, 08:12 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Ok what talented Sr WR are you referring to? because I'm at every game and believe me they are average at best, and I'm being very generous with that evaluation
If you are at every game then you know who I am talking about, the one they rarely if ever throw to.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-17-18, 08:15 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
It was discussed in depth here when it happened. Take your head out of the sand and search for it. It's a good read.

By the way, what was your username back then?
As usual you refuse to answer the question. Wakefield didn’t elaborate any further on it so there wasn’t an answer just assumptions, which you do best.

As I’ll continue to say the bottomline is he is afraid to schedule MASSILLON !!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-17-18, 08:16 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
To certain posters, please read slowly. Every time Perry plays Mass the boosters are out soliciting . So, Perry may lose players and that hurts the team. Look at GlenOak since playing Mass. They are having some very rough times. . Perry would have beaten Mass the last 3 years if they had played. But, last year they were D1. Do i wish they would have played? no. When/if they make the playoffs and do play each other that is fine. Perry could have played Iggy this year but what would it solve? Most likely lose and have some players get injured. Playing some Canadian teams was a better option. It's not like they didn't research and score over 100 points on them.
You have to LOVE the option that gives you no hope to make the playoffs. Great choice Wakefield, keep those Canucks coming.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-17-18, 08:19 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Wakefield doesn't seem like the kind to pull his punches. But, when representing an institution like a high school, a little restraint is needed.
Why ? He isn’t afraid to rip his kids and say how horrible they are or how poorly they practice. Again it’s no wonder kids leave.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-17-18, 08:22 PM
Perry 67's Avatar
Perry 67 Perry 67 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-03-02
Location: Perry Township Ohio
Posts: 7,941
Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Ts. Great letters Tough e for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Why ? He isn’t afraid to rip his kids and say how horrible they are or how poorly they practice. Again it’s no wonder kids leave.
Show us where Wakefield ever ripped his players or said they played terrible. You are so happy the Tigers are winning. I am happy for you too. Go Tigers. Best pukers around.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-17-18, 08:26 PM
Perry 67's Avatar
Perry 67 Perry 67 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-03-02
Location: Perry Township Ohio
Posts: 7,941
Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
We clinched already? Did not know that. In that case we should take a knee.

Would be crying shame IF Perry beats Mckinley and sits home at 8-2 but...
You were being so nice TigerPaw. Oh well. Back to ...the past....
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-17-18, 08:30 PM
Perry 67's Avatar
Perry 67 Perry 67 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-03-02
Location: Perry Township Ohio
Posts: 7,941
Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool You are funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
OK.... I have to agree with Tiger Posters again

Perry has a chance to play a HUGE BIG GAME to start the year against Tigers - why not??

Oh and guess what - Perry could compete every year and probably win some!

Example:

CCHS plays Perry every every year - and it is Great Every Every year!!! - and we are D5 playing a D2 - AND OUR KIDS LOVE IT!!!

High Road Point of Interest: At least Perry gets to pick the refs every other year
...........................................You are so funny Shadow.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-17-18, 08:32 PM
BIG ED BIG ED is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 05-26-01
Location: Perry Twp.(Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 4,582
BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchboss1 View Post
Hey jeroe, wasn’t that 2015 Perry team generally considered the best in their schools history? And Massillon still beat them?
Actually it was the 2016 team. Mr. Know It All.
Funny how the haters are strutting with their chests out now that the Panthers are having some trouble and their team is playing well. It shows how classless some of you are. Enjoy your season and hope you don’t stumble on the way to Canton, because unlike you, I won’t say a thing.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-17-18, 08:48 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,373
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
To certain posters, please read slowly. Every time Perry plays Mass the boosters are out soliciting . So, Perry may lose players and that hurts the team. Look at GlenOak since playing Mass. They are having some very rough times. . Perry would have beaten Mass the last 3 years if they had played. But, last year they were D1. Do i wish they would have played? no. When/if they make the playoffs and do play each other that is fine. Perry could have played Iggy this year but what would it solve? Most likely lose and have some players get injured. Playing some Canadian teams was a better option. It's not like they didn't research and score over 100 points on them.
Please shut up. This is the most ludicrous generalization since, well, since the Jackson cupcake made his last one. So, GlenOak is having some rough times since they started playing Massillon. Maybe, just MAYBE Massillon has the better team most years? So are you saying that since GlenOak started playing Massillon that the Boosters are out soliciting and stealing GlenOak players? Are you freaking serious? Do you know how effing ridiculous you sound? Seriously man.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-17-18, 08:54 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,380
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Please shut up. This is the most ludicrous generalization since, well, since the Jackson cupcake made his last one. So, GlenOak is having some rough times since they started playing Massillon. Maybe, just MAYBE Massillon has the better team most years? So are you saying that since GlenOak started playing Massillon that the Boosters are out soliciting and stealing GlenOak players? Are you freaking serious? Do you know how effing ridiculous you sound? Seriously man.
Did you know one of the anchors of Washington's offensive line played for GlenOak last year?

Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-17-18, 08:56 PM
starkfb starkfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-11-05
Posts: 911
starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Please shut up. This is the most ludicrous generalization since, well, since the Jackson cupcake made his last one. So, GlenOak is having some rough times since they started playing Massillon. Maybe, just MAYBE Massillon has the better team most years? So are you saying that since GlenOak started playing Massillon that the Boosters are out soliciting and stealing GlenOak players? Are you freaking serious? Do you know how effing ridiculous you sound? Seriously man.
Talk to your Mass friends, they have a least one from Glenoak.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-17-18, 08:59 PM
starkfb starkfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-11-05
Posts: 911
starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Perry would have beaten Massillon the last 3 years ehh? Please, keep making things up as you go! How about you slow down typing..

2015 Massillon at Perry Massillon 41- 37 oops!
Sorry brainiac , i should have explained . I was referring to the playoffs. Perry teams usually progress significantly towards the end of the season. Don't understand ?? Perry has a complicated offense.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-17-18, 09:02 PM
Benchboss1 Benchboss1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-08-01
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 853
Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Actually it was the 2016 team. Mr. Know It All.
Funny how the haters are strutting with their chests out now that the Panthers are having some trouble and their team is playing well. It shows how classless some of you are. Enjoy your season and hope you don’t stumble on the way to Canton, because unlike you, I won’t say a thing.
Got it, thanks for correcting me. So, let me get this straight, the second best team in Perry history lost to a 4-6 Massillon team in 2015, and the best team in Perry history was afraid to schedule Massillon. There, is that better Ed?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-17-18, 09:02 PM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 854
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Actually it was the 2016 team. Mr. Know It All.
Funny how the haters are strutting with their chests out now that the Panthers are having some trouble and their team is playing well. It shows how classless some of you are. Enjoy your season and hope you don’t stumble on the way to Canton, because unlike you, I won’t say a thing.
Disagree. It was the if we played you we would have beat you nonsense, referring to one of the years we actually played. Then the whole Massillon KGB kidnaps our players if we play them crap. I do not think Perry is struggling by the way. The real struggle if they beat McKinley which they are capable of they still are a long shot at the playoffs. This should not be the situation they find themselves in. And we all know were that goes. Back to scheduling, which goes to we won't schedule you, you kidnap our players, on and on and on but if we did we would beat you!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-17-18, 09:07 PM
Benchboss1 Benchboss1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-08-01
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 853
Benchboss1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Did you know one of the anchors of Washington's offensive line played for GlenOak last year?

Didn't think so.
And he is playing for Massillon this year because a Massillon booster solicited him, is that what you are saying? I am sure that had he been recruited, there would have been some proof and an investigation, no? Or, maybe he saw the writing on the wall for this season and decided he didn’t want to play his senior year on a 1-9 team?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-17-18, 09:08 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Show us where Wakefield ever ripped his players or said they played terrible. You are so happy the Tigers are winning. I am happy for you too. Go Tigers. Best pukers around.
Are you serious ????
That took me all of 45 seconds to find this quote from “We’ve got some guys that need to be tougher and I can’t hide that”.
That one wasn’t even that bad but this has been his norm for his whole career. I can do some serious research and find at least 10 other quotes similar and worse then the one above.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-17-18, 09:11 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Did you know one of the anchors of Washington's offensive line played for GlenOak last year?

Didn't think so.
ONE !!!

Would they still be 1-7 if he was still at GO ?

Was he forced to leave GO at gunpoint ?

Do his parents know he left GO ?

Are they being held hostage by Massillon boosters while he plays football ?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-17-18, 09:12 PM
Ts1960 Ts1960 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-20-17
Posts: 2,122
Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroe View Post
Disagree. It was the if we played you we would have beat you nonsense, referring to one of the years we actually played. Then the whole Massillon KGB kidnaps our players if we play them crap. I do not think Perry is struggling by the way. The real struggle if they beat McKinley which they are capable of they still are a long shot at the playoffs. This should not be the situation they find themselves in. And we all know were that goes. Back to scheduling, which goes to we won't schedule you, you kidnap our players, on and on and on but if we did we would beat you!
Mom says it’s bedtime....

Perry players have been leaving to go to Massillon long before you were born and NONE of them have ever been forced to leave. They WANT to leave !
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-17-18, 09:24 PM
FootballCrazy1 FootballCrazy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-26-14
Location: Stark County
Posts: 136
FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickShadow View Post
Agreed, he's the toughest 70 year old coach I know, and he's not that hard of a guy to find
Jesus now we're are setting up backyard brawls for the old man, bottom line is the schedule we have sucks, we knew it was gonna suck and we are paying the price, so sick of some of you defending this guy all the time. He makes mistakes like everyone else, he just never admits them in public, its easier to bash the kids in the paper, he tells them don't make excuses yet you folks make excuses for him all the time. The parents aren't happy with the schedule at all, it made this team have to perfect or close to it to have a chance at the playoffs and that's a big FAIL, maybe next year.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-17-18, 09:27 PM
FootballCrazy1 FootballCrazy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-26-14
Location: Stark County
Posts: 136
FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Show us where Wakefield ever ripped his players or said they played terrible. You are so happy the Tigers are winning. I am happy for you too. Go Tigers. Best pukers around.
My God, DO YOU EVER READ THE NEWSPAPER ON A SATURDAY MORNING, YOU CANT BE THAT BLIND
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-17-18, 09:30 PM
TigerTailgater12 TigerTailgater12 is online now
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-24-18
Posts: 45
TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
A little banter on this podcast. Go Tigers !


https://soundcloud.com/user-47886004...eview-and-more


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-17-18, 09:31 PM
Mackinbiner Mackinbiner is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-26-03
Posts: 6,380
Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Are you serious ????
That took me all of 45 seconds to find this quote from “We’ve got some guys that need to be tougher and I can’t hide that”.
That one wasn’t even that bad but this has been his norm for his whole career. I can do some serious research and find at least 10 other quotes similar and worse then the one above.
How about these -

“Everybody’s making mistakes,”

“We just couldn’t get out of our own way tonight,”

“Attention to detail has to be better.”

“Everybody was taking turns making mistakes.

“We missed some throws; we had some missed assignments up front with protection. I think we had some dropped balls.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-17-18, 09:35 PM
FootballCrazy1 FootballCrazy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-26-14
Location: Stark County
Posts: 136
FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=starkfb;7147368]Talk to your Mass friends, they have a least one from Glenoak.[/QU

ALL you have to do is ask someone, not guess. His mom is a Massillon grad, Uncle was a outstanding LB at Massillon in the 80's, He didn't play his junior year at all at Glenoak because of injury and open enrolled at Massillon. Is that easier to understand than spewing garbage
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-17-18, 09:49 PM
starkfb starkfb is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-11-05
Posts: 911
starkfb
[QUOTE=FootballCrazy1;7147419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
Talk to your Mass friends, they have a least one from Glenoak.[/QU

ALL you have to do is ask someone, not guess. His mom is a Massillon grad, Uncle was a outstanding LB at Massillon in the 80's, He didn't play his junior year at all at Glenoak because of injury and open enrolled at Massillon. Is that easier to understand than spewing garbage
Oh yes , the Uncle played LOL. Another joke is you say you are a Perry fan. Perry lost to NC and Lake so if we don't beat McKinley we DO NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. I would like to see Mass (because of their shaded past) not take any boys from federal league schools after the 7th grade. BUT, they will finally be allowed in the Fed. You can bet they would be an average Fed team in 3 years!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-17-18, 09:49 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 4,373
Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Did you know one of the anchors of Washington's offensive line played for GlenOak last year?

Didn't think so.
And he was recruited by the Massillon Boosters? Didn’t think so. God you’re an idiot. Do you ever read what you type before you post it? Didn’t think so. Goof.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-17-18, 09:53 PM
jeroe jeroe is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-11-02
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 854
jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
Sorry brainiac , i should have explained . I was referring to the playoffs. Perry teams usually progress significantly towards the end of the season. Don't understand ?? Perry has a complicated offense.
So now you beat Massillon only if it is in the playoffs. I see and it is because the offense is complicated. I got it now we kidnap your kids after they learn a complicated offense!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stark County Banter 2018 THESHADOW14 Football 1736 10-13-18 01:47 PM
Game Report/Article:Lewis County 34 Boyd County 21 LICKING COUNTY FAN National Football Board 1 08-14-18 07:49 PM
Stark county terriers 15u, 16u & 17/18u tryouts for fall 2018 & summer 2019! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-23-18 01:48 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
Stark County Terriers 16U & 18U Tryouts for 2018! StarkCountyTerriers Baseball 0 07-18-17 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz