Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-18, 08:01 AM
All Ohio

OBIE-WON is an unknown quantity at this point
I watched the Leopards in the D2 final vs Cincinnati Anderson and was pretty impressed with Louisville. If it wasn’t for the 7 foot Receiver from Anderson they probably would have won.
I know that was a while ago but it was my pretty much my only time seeing them.

Looking forward to a great atmosphere this coming weekend!
Old 10-14-18, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Dude it's like 20 minutes, eat before you leave, lol. J/k TTailgater . When I worked near there it was always either Grinders or Ermannos for us.

As for trolls we are used to it but at least cut Louisville some slack - one of the few who rarely get in the middle of this nonsense.
Old 10-14-18, 08:55 AM
All Ohio

npaflas
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
what years ? ~1940's to 50's ??
What year did your team have one.
Old 10-14-18, 09:05 AM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaflas View Post
What year did your team have one.
been closer than yours the last few years.
Old 10-14-18, 09:08 AM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTailgater12 View Post

Excited for the game. Any recommendations for a pregame sports bar/restaurant Massillon fans could meet up at? Haven’t been in Louisville that much and would appreciate any advice ! Thanks and Go Tigers.
Best Bar for that would be Bud's Corner, but it is a couple of miles NW of the Stadium and town.
I believe the AD is bringing in extra bleachers and food trucks to accommodate the large crowd.
I attached a parking map for general info.

If you want to park & tailgate, the best lot is the Old K of C lot on 5th Street I marked with a X and a box around it. Easy in and out right on Rt 44 and 3-4 blocks to stadium.

If you just want to park and go in early to get a good seat, I would suggest coming in from the south on Nickleplate and park at the HS.
There are also couple of churches that have lots that you can pay to park that I marked.

Handicap parking is marked with an H in the stadium & I would call the school AD office to make arrangements for one if needed

Old 10-14-18, 09:24 AM
All Yappi

Sorry if mentioned already but stadium seats 5800 (I believe). Don't know about visitors' side or ticket allotment maybe a Louisville fan can say.
Old 10-14-18, 09:24 AM
Junior Varsity

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by basselope View Post
Best Bar for that would be Bud's Corner, but it is a couple of miles NW of the Stadium and town.
I believe the AD is bringing in extra bleachers and food trucks to accommodate the large crowd.
I attached a parking map for general info.

If you want to park & tailgate, the best lot is the Old K of C lot on 5th Street I marked with a X and a box around it. Easy in and out right on Rt 44 and 3-4 blocks to stadium.

If you just want to park and go in early to get a good seat, I would suggest coming in from the south on Nickleplate and park at the HS.
There are also couple of churches that have lots that you can pay to park that I marked.

Handicap parking is marked with an H in the stadium & I would call the school AD office to make arrangements for one if needed

Thanks for the info. Do people normally tailgate for Louisville games? We weren't sure if they would allow us to tailgate there. IF tailgating is considered fine, we will be there tailgating early! Thanks again for the great info.
Old 10-14-18, 09:43 AM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTailgater12 View Post
Thanks for the info. Do people normally tailgate for Louisville games? We weren't sure if they would allow us to tailgate there. IF tailgating is considered fine, we will be there tailgating early! Thanks again for the great info.

While we are Div III in sports, we would probably be bumped to Div II in tailgating.

The stadium is right in the middle of a residential neighborhood and many people who live around the stadium have running tailgate parties every friday.

The K of C lot is the best place for visitors to setup & Tailgate, they even have a porta-john there. Use good judgement on your container for your "pop" selection and you will be fine.
Old 10-14-18, 09:46 AM
Varsity

Leopard4life is on a distinguished road
Because of where our Stadium sits people do grill out and in the neighborhood for an hour or two before the game. In terms of "tailgating" like starting at noon in order to be drunk before the game, I dont think that is something that would he encouraged. Looking forward to a nice atmosphere for a high school even though the outcome will be extremely disappointing for anyone wanting to see a good game. Louisville will have the players to make it a good game, but they won't be put in a position to succeed.
Old 10-14-18, 10:59 AM
Varsity

slider
I really don’t think people understand just how good this years Massillon team is. Especially local people. Really looking forward to visiting Louisville this week. Should be fun.
Old 10-14-18, 03:48 PM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
I really don’t think people understand just how good this years Massillon team is. Especially local people. Really looking forward to visiting Louisville this week. Should be fun.
Absolutely they don’t, and that is obvious from the last few weeks when the “strength of schedule” argument has been brought up, when it gets to that point you truly have no other arguments.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the ONLY team beating Massillon before week 14 is Massillon.
Old 10-14-18, 04:09 PM
All Ohio

74Leps is on a distinguished road
Massillon folks - you might notice, as far as i can tell here, none of the Leopards fans are dissing the Tigers. They know they are very good this year and Louisville will have to play at its highest level to be in the game. Louisville has lots of tradition built from previous coaches Starkey, Crislip and Farrah.

Some of the fans believe there's been a fall off on the quality of coaching to get the best out of available talent in recent years.

The Leps got off to a slow start this year but have put together some wins and gained confidence. When the game is over, I hope that most people will be saying 'that was a great game.'
Old 10-14-18, 04:32 PM
Varsity

Also a side note for Tiger fans who like a gamble, bring an extra $100 along Friday. Louisville's baseball team is giving away $5000 for Christmas as a fundraiser in order to go South for spring break. Tickets are $20 so bring that cash and buy a few chances for a $5000 bonus just before Christmas.
Old 10-14-18, 07:56 PM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leopards come out firing on all cylinders Friday night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-18, 07:57 PM
All Region

MassillonMike is on a distinguished road
Some of you bozos need serious help. Should be fun visiting Louisville for the first time!
Old 10-14-18, 08:08 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Leopards come out firing on all cylinders Friday night.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That still probably won’t be enough to win. We will need a sloppy game by Massillon to pull this thing out. So feel free to look forward to McKinley, we won’t mind a bit.
Old 10-14-18, 09:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Stark Football_13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Do you have anything to add to this years game ? Or are we going to continue to rehash sht from 20 years ago ?
I simply was going after what firewatch said, he’s the one that brought it up... then fan2fan had to be ignorant so I responded.
Old 10-14-18, 09:54 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Football_13 View Post
I simply was going after what firewatch said, he’s the one that brought it up... then fan2fan had to be ignorant so I responded.
I brought it up as an example of what Louisville kids are capable of when facing a team everybody has winning this game already. They won’t just lay down.
Old 10-14-18, 10:42 PM
Freshman

FAN2FAN is an unknown quantity at this point
But back to the topic at hand. Tigers by no less than 30. Maybe a close first quarter, but Louisville does not have the depth nor the talent to compete with this Massillon team.
Old 10-14-18, 10:56 PM
Junior Varsity

Stark Football_13 is on a distinguished road
good luck to both teams.
Old 10-15-18, 06:56 AM
Junior Varsity

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
As a Massillon fan, I can assure you that most Massillon Fans absolutely respect the Louisville program. We are excited for a great night of football. Louisville fans may have heard from other surrounding area schools that Massillon fans are a “bad group” of people. I highly doubt that “reputation” will be what the City of Louisville sees for themselves Friday night. Good luck to both teams.
Old 10-15-18, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

True. As a kid/young fan in the 70's they (and Hoover) pretty much dominated the Federal League and that kind of stuck with me. Plus being tough "country kids". Been a fan since.
Old 10-15-18, 07:54 AM
All Yappi

longtime1sttime
"Louisville not spending much time on Tigers' last game"
http://fridaynightohio.com/news/1488...ers-last-game/

Louisville has a great tradition and some fine skilled players. I can guarantee Massillon fans, players and coaches respect that and are not expecting a similar result.
Old 10-15-18, 08:30 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
There goes DeMarco with the “I just hope we can compete” crap again.

He could say we’re gonna go out and compete for 4 quarters.

This is not the attitude our team should be taking into the biggest regular season game in programs history. Hopefully the players have more of a can do attitude than our coach does.
Old 10-15-18, 08:40 AM
All Yappi

Biggest regular season game in program's history??? That's laying it on pretty thick too, lol.
Old 10-15-18, 08:47 AM
All American

Lynus24 is on a distinguished road
Maybe.....certainly in recent history. We just spent the last 25 years in the NBC..
Old 10-15-18, 08:52 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post

This is not the attitude our team should be taking into the biggest regular season game in programs history. Hopefully the players have more of a can do attitude than our coach does.

In terms of Hype yes biggest for sure, in terms of meaning that is bit of stretch. I remember a game in early 90's week 8-9 where West Branch was ranked 2 in Ohio and We were ranked 3. Not only that but back then only 4 teams got into the playoffs so 1 loss and it was over. That regular season game had way more on the line this one. Massillon already in and Louisville all but out changes the dynamic of the game. Factor in that with the 99.9% chance Louisville loses this game and the excitement isnt all that great. It will be a great atmosphere for the kids, and unfortunately will be only "playoff feeling" Louisville kids will have for next couple years.
Old 10-15-18, 09:01 AM
All World

garydaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardNation View Post
Well I've waited my whole life for this game and in 1 week its here.

Everything on the line for the Leps. Thoughts?

Freshman Football Video Archive

2016 Massillon Tigers at Louisville Leopards Freshman Football Video Highlights

2017 Louisville Leopards at Massillon Tigers Freshman Football Video Highlights

Massillon probably wins big, but I'm still going to be in the stands
to see this one. One good thing, we won't see 101 on the scoreboard.
Old 10-15-18, 09:04 AM
All World

garydaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassillonMike View Post
Some of you bozos need serious help. Should be fun visiting Louisville for the first time!
Yep
Old 10-15-18, 09:28 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post

I wasn't surprised, typical Demarco dialogue with press. His comments and style is like watching paint dry, very boring.
Closed Thread