Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-18, 09:08 AM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. General View Post
You guys can come up to Avon Lake anytime and see what a real state championship football trophy looks like.
Or they could see 4 of those trophies (2 for baseball, 2 for basketball) from the last 9 years right here in the same zip code!!!
Old 10-13-18, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to visiting Louisville. One of my favorite teams besides own.
Old 10-13-18, 10:18 AM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
This is freaking awesome! The Massillon Tigers are coming to the Ville to play our LEPS. I am so pumped for this game / challenge & I love our new schedule. We knew the odds of making the playoffs with this schedule would be longer, but I will take this new schedule with these games and no playoffs over the former NBC schedule and a playoff berth any time. Have enjoyed some very good games so far. We know we have our backs against wall in this one and it is going to take a monster effort from everyone to come out with a victory here, but this is why you play this game.

“Great moments are born from great opportunity.”

To my fellow LEOPARD fans:
This team & the players have stepped up their game & it is time for us as fans to step it up as well. Players at every level of this game respond when fans cheer for them. I don’t know why it has been this way recently, but Louisville Stadium has felt like a knitting convention this year. We all need to get off our butts and cheer like it is 2007 / 2008 again.

Last edited by basselope; 10-13-18 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-13-18, 10:26 AM
All Region

basselope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ville-ified View Post
is this game at 7:00 or 7:30?
7:30
Old 10-13-18, 10:40 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the verification. I agree about the fan support, last night might have been the emptiest and quietest I’ve seen our stadium in a long time. It was maybe 30% full? It was kind of weird hearing McCallister talking about SRO against Massillon when the place was so empty.
Old 10-13-18, 10:41 AM
All Region

CoachHoversten is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Mr. General, there was a day where what you say had validity.

However - I don't think that is the case any longer. When Massillon calls a school for a game they can offer a portion of the gate. Many schools do not enjoy the consistent crowd that Massillon gets. IF a school has agreed to a one year deal the advantage is to them to take advantage of the monetary gain and play in a very nice stadium whereas not everyone has it going at their home stadiums.

IF a school wants to play Massillon year in year out, as far as recent years go, Massillon has demonstrated that they will enter a contract and travel. The Glenoak - Steubenville series proves that. Glenoak has stayed on while Steubenville stopped the series.

Louisville was in a jam and wanted games. Massillon will start the series by traveling. The short travel means the tigers will probably fill the stadium all the way around, buy everything in the concession stand, and I predict they will be on their most respectful behavior to try and build a solid relationship with another county school.

***I am not a tiger fan however I recognize many of the ways of the past for them are no longer relevant.
I have no affiliation with either school and I don't understand all the back and forth about Mass....but I have to disagree with this statement....since Mass travels well, hosting them would bring more fans total than traveling to them...most schools enjoy a decent home crowd, more so in big games (which this would be) but do not travel well...all you need to see is the student section at home vs. away....huge vs just a couple rows of kids.

A team would make more money from Mass traveling with 80% of their fans and a bigger home crowd and getting majority of the profits than taking a percentage for an away game....plus concessions are 100% to the home team, only gate would be shared
Old 10-13-18, 10:45 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Or they could see 4 of those trophies (2 for baseball, 2 for basketball) from the last 9 years right here in the same zip code!!!
These champs, I mean chumps could schedule us any time but they won't!
Old 10-13-18, 10:53 AM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You guys can come up to Avon Lake anytime and see what a real state championship football trophy looks like.
24 in the Tiger trophy cases for FOOTBALL !!!
Old 10-13-18, 10:54 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
Nobody cares, this is a MASSILLON FOOTBALL thread.
Old 10-13-18, 10:59 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Now this is funny. So how many times in did you play Ignatius, St Ewards, Warren, Mentor, Solon, St X , Moeller, or Glennville. Uhhhhh but, but, but. Try never. Let alone beat something like this in the same season Elder, St Ignatius, St Edwards, McKinley, Mentor and Warren! Now go back to the west side where they play no one!
Old 10-13-18, 11:22 AM
All Yappi

perry1480 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
This^^^
Gates open at 5:30
General admission first come first serve
Spend your money
Enjoy the atmosphere!!!!
Massillon fans know this, Lynus. This will basically be a Massillon home game with Massillon fans sitting everywhere that isnít home reserved seating.
Old 10-13-18, 11:30 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1960 View Post
24 pieces of paper in the tiger trophy cases for football !!!
fify
Old 10-13-18, 11:48 AM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
fify
Should we cry about your trolling now?
Old 10-13-18, 02:30 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
fify
GFY.
Anything about the Massillon - Louisville game or just here to troll, Princess...
Old 10-13-18, 02:35 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Looking forward to this game. Louisville's program has been excellent for decades.
Old 10-13-18, 02:52 PM
All Ohio

Benchboss1
Quote:
Maybe it would be easier for some of those teams to play the Tigers if they wouldnít demand that YOU have to play at their place all the time. Thatís one reason why Massillon and the Federal League will never happen. The second is because the Tigers have ran their mouths so much about the FL over the years that they donít want egg on their face if theyíd join and lose.
Great, another ignorant post from a Massillon hater. Are you aware that Massillon has actually applied for membership to the Federal League on more than 1 occasion, but were turned down?
If the Federal League were ever to sack up and invite the Tigers, the Tigers understand that they would play half of their league games on the road.
Old 10-13-18, 03:46 PM
All Ohio

chito is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
Avon lake and wooster could get a home and home any time they like.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Wooster dropped Green, they sure as heck aren't scheduling Massillon.....however a quick look at Joe Eitel's site says that if the playoffs started today Wooster would get the pleasure of enjoying the Tiger's hospitality.
Old 10-13-18, 08:25 PM
All Ohio

Legba is on a distinguished road
I vote for Massillon to be state champs this year, and I'll give them a piece of paper to put in the trophy case, but Hoban will get a trophy for their trophy case
Old 10-13-18, 08:41 PM
All American

Wadz06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Massilon donít get to hyped, youíll probably lose to Medina Frickin Highland in the playoffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-18, 08:43 PM
Junior Varsity

WR86 is on a distinguished road
Hey wadz06, check back with us after week 13. I hope you continue that big talk leading up to our game.
Old 10-13-18, 08:51 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
I love how these guys put teams other than the one they root for on the stage to knock Massillon off. Donít have the sack to put your own team in the cross hairs.
Old 10-13-18, 08:59 PM
Junior Varsity

WR86 is on a distinguished road
The hate is real. Those little grizzly bears will be shaking in their boots come week 13, highland won’t be able to save you then. Go Tigers.
Old 10-13-18, 09:05 PM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legba View Post
I vote for Massillon to be state champs this year, and I'll give them a piece of paper to put in the trophy case, but Hoban will get a trophy for their trophy case
Lol
Old 10-13-18, 11:40 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
what years ? ~1940's to 50's ??
Old 10-14-18, 12:34 AM
All American

Wadz06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
I love how these guys put teams other than the one they root for on the stage to knock Massillon off. Donít have the sack to put your own team in the cross hairs.

Oh I will donít worry. Just wanted to drum up some past Tiger frustration

Old 10-14-18, 01:54 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkfb View Post
what years ? ~1940's to 50's ??
Are you here to discuss the game or troll ?
Old 10-14-18, 06:08 AM
Varsity

witch doctor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
All awarded. None won on the field. Bring out the paper. The paper champs of Ohio are here. Seems strange your tigers win 24 paper titles. What happened when the playoffs started. Tainted titles for the paper champ. You would think that if the tigers were all that they would have at least won one but your total is ZERO. And your not WINNING this year either. Hahahaha. Paper champions. Now thatís funny. Win one only one on the field then get back to me.
Old 10-14-18, 06:41 AM
All World

murphy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch doctor View Post
All awarded. None won on the field. Bring out the paper. The paper champs of Ohio are here. Seems strange your tigers win 24 paper titles. What happened when the playoffs started. Tainted titles for the paper champ. You would think that if the tigers were all that they would have at least won one but your total is ZERO. And your not WINNING this year either. Hahahaha. Paper champions. Now thatís funny. Win one only one on the field then get back to me.
All state championships are awarded....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-18, 06:53 AM
Varsity

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by witch doctor View Post
I guess no D1 college football team ever won a national championship then?

The 1968 "Super Sophs" Ohio State Buckeyes were honored at the game yesterday for winning the National Championship.

Hmmm... Guess they didn't???????
Old 10-14-18, 07:48 AM
Junior Varsity

TigerTailgater12 is on a distinguished road
It is really a shame that the haters and losers choose to come onto this Louisville/Massillon thread and troll rather than discussing this upcoming game.

I have always followed Louisville and respect their program. This should be an exciting game with two great programs and fan bases. I hope this thread will turn into football related conversation and move away from the ignorant postings fueled by envy.

That being said, I look forward to Louisville testing our secondary. This should be a good tune up for McKinley since Massillon has not faced a competent passing attack thus far.

Excited for the game. Any recommendations for a pregame sports bar/restaurant Massillon fans could meet up at? Havenít been in Louisville that much and would appreciate any advice ! Thanks and Go Tigers.

Closed Thread