Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-18, 11:57 PM
Freshman

SoccerNut is on a distinguished road
Gmc

1 Mason
0 Fairfield

Congrats to Mason!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-18, 09:08 AM
Varsity

onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Thatís a good win for them. Was that a title game? Did Fairfield play to win that game or did they test some players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-18, 09:24 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post
Thatís a good win for them. Was that a title game? Did Fairfield play to win that game or did they test some players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When Mason and Fairfield line up against each other you can bet that both teams are playing to win. West and East play each other tomorrow and in light of how big any game, in any sport, is when West and East play each other, it will be the same - both will be playing to win even though tournament draws are done. It's really the same when any GMC team plays another GMC team. Most league games in any league are probably the same.

There is no "title game", per se, in the GMC. The title is just based on what team has the best overall record. Mason could have lost against Fairfield and still been the GMC champions.

Someone mentioned doing the seedings after all games are played. I like that idea and don't see why it can't be done. Most teams are done with the regular season this weekend and the first round games start Tuesday. The sites are already secured so why not wait on the vote? Maybe I'm being unrealistic but it would be nice to see every game count.
Old 10-12-18, 10:39 AM
Varsity

3343 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
When Mason and Fairfield line up against each other you can bet that both teams are playing to win. West and East play each other tomorrow and in light of how big any game, in any sport, is when West and East play each other, it will be the same - both will be playing to win even though tournament draws are done. It's really the same when any GMC team plays another GMC team. Most league games in any league are probably the same.

There is no "title game", per se, in the GMC. The title is just based on what team has the best overall record. Mason could have lost against Fairfield and still been the GMC champions.

Someone mentioned doing the seedings after all games are played. I like that idea and don't see why it can't be done. Most teams are done with the regular season this weekend and the first round games start Tuesday. The sites are already secured so why not wait on the vote? Maybe I'm being unrealistic but it would be nice to see every game count.
I like the idea of waiting until all games are played also but I believe its more of a logistical issue than anything else.

The extra week in between seeding and tournament play beginning gives schools/teams time to plan for the event. Busing is an issue for 1/2 the teams playing, most schools want at least a weeks notice to find a driver. Making sure your stadium or field is available might be another issue. Just throwing a few ideas out there why they do it a week prior to the season ending.

Like I said though, I would love to see it wait until all 16 games are played, it makes them all mean something. But I dont see it changing anytime soon.
Old 10-12-18, 01:54 PM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
You could also do your postseason like we do in Indiana. We don't seed our playoffs in any sport. It makes for a lot of upsets.

East Central HS (Just outside Harrison Ohio. Has several TFA 00's and 01 elites) played in sectional 12. On their side of the bracket, the records of the teams was 13-3, 15-1, 11-4, and 12-2. On the other side, the records were 2-12 and 2-12. The winner of 2-12 teams beat the 17-1 team for the Sectional. There was a second Indy sectional with similar results but not that extreme. Indiana has 16 sectionals for three classes.

We do have some cool stuff like have conference tournaments. We wouldn't have 4 GWOC teams claiming to be champions.

Oh yeah, the sweet 16 and great 8 games are played on the same day, with one team having a couple hours more rest than the other.
Old 10-12-18, 09:16 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
For some reason I thought that Indiana didn't have divisions for the soccer championships. At least that is how I remember it being when my niece played though that was almost 10 years ago. She played at McCutcheon near Lafayette.
Old 10-13-18, 11:21 AM
All Region

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
For some reason I thought that Indiana didn't have divisions for the soccer championships. At least that is how I remember it being when my niece played though that was almost 10 years ago. She played at McCutcheon near Lafayette.
Not sure when we went to two divisions, but we went to three divisions for the 2017 season.
Old 10-15-18, 08:09 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
You could also do your postseason like we do in Indiana. We don't seed our playoffs in any sport. It makes for a lot of upsets.

East Central HS (Just outside Harrison Ohio. Has several TFA 00's and 01 elites) played in sectional 12. On their side of the bracket, the records of the teams was 13-3, 15-1, 11-4, and 12-2. On the other side, the records were 2-12 and 2-12. The winner of 2-12 teams beat the 17-1 team for the Sectional. There was a second Indy sectional with similar results but not that extreme. Indiana has 16 sectionals for three classes.

We do have some cool stuff like have conference tournaments. We wouldn't have 4 GWOC teams claiming to be champions.

Oh yeah, the sweet 16 and great 8 games are played on the same day, with one team having a couple hours more rest than the other.
I dont understand the 4 GWOC Champs either......it would make more sense to have an American and a National Champ since they all have to play each other. But you know we have to give everyone a trophy or someones feelings are going to be hurt.
Old 10-15-18, 10:58 AM
Varsity

onehotbobo is on a distinguished road
Gmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3343 View Post
I dont understand the 4 GWOC Champs either......it would make more sense to have an American and a National Champ since they all have to play each other. But you know we have to give everyone a trophy or someones feelings are going to be hurt.

That would be ideal but for me I really donít care about the GWOC unified championship and I doubt the girls would want to play each other again for that tournament and then again in the State tournament.

Last edited by onehotbobo; 10-15-18 at 11:16 AM..
Old 10-16-18, 10:44 AM
Junior Varsity

HSfooty1977 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post

Nothing personal, but nothing should be done like they do it in Indiana. No seeded??? Which means why try hard in regular season. Unfortunate that won't really work in Ohio.
Old 10-16-18, 10:59 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotbobo View Post
That would be ideal but for me I really donít care about the GWOC unified championship and I doubt the girls would want to play each other again for that tournament and then again in the State tournament.
Completely agree about the conf tournament. Div 1 pretty much is a GWOC tournament minus a few teams and adding in Tecumseh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: