Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-18, 08:35 PM
PenetrationStep PenetrationStep is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-15-18
Posts: 26
PenetrationStep is on a distinguished road
Kevon Freeman - Ohio State

Saw that Freemon signed to Ohio State.
Id assume in 2 years you will have Freemon, Romero and Rocky Jordan battling for 2 spots
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-16-18, 10:18 PM
darthmalice darthmalice is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-26-14
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,209
darthmalice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenetrationStep View Post
Saw that Freemon signed to Ohio State.
Id assume in 2 years you will have Freemon, Romero and Rocky Jordan battling for 2 spots
Will Freeman be a good practice partner like Ethan Smith?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-18, 07:47 AM
BWBisonCoach BWBisonCoach is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 25
BWBisonCoach is on a distinguished road
You heard it here 1st. Freeman will be NCAA Champion before he graduates.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-18, 09:15 AM
roughedge roughedge is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-09-14
Posts: 664
roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWBisonCoach View Post
You heard it here 1st. Freeman will be NCAA Champion before he graduates.

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk
He has a mean cradle and very talented but that is bold statement. He has a lot of kids to beat in the room to become the starter. Ohio State is loaded
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-18, 09:47 AM
BWBisonCoach BWBisonCoach is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-20-17
Posts: 25
BWBisonCoach is on a distinguished road
Well, we will all definitely see how it unfolds!

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-18, 04:07 PM
Donkability Donkability is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 12-03-12
Posts: 964
Donkability is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the team young buck!

iron sharpens iron In TOSU room! add in mattox and sasso, Carson K visited last week, plus theres more coming! gonna be crowded at all weights moving forward! Go Bucks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-18, 05:32 PM
Crimsonblooded Crimsonblooded is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-05-14
Posts: 109
Crimsonblooded is on a distinguished road
Ohio state use to be known for its football team!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-18, 05:37 PM
roughedge roughedge is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-09-14
Posts: 664
roughedge is on a distinguished road
Ohio State will start keeping more kids as they have a new program (not sure how long been going on) if you get just one dollar in Pell Grant money Ohio State pays for your tuition. You only pay room and board. That was the way Jagger's explained it to us. Not sure what is income numbers is to qualify for a Pell Grant. I just think with this program in place you can see more Ohio kids staying put if qualify for this program.
I'm not sure if they can add % of scholarship money to off set room and board. A program like that makes it like having maybe 15 to 20 scholarships. I think you will see more depth at each weight with this new program.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-18, 07:06 PM
severs0801 severs0801 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-30-12
Posts: 523
severs0801 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Ohio State will start keeping more kids as they have a new program (not sure how long been going on) if you get just one dollar in Pell Grant money Ohio State pays for your tuition. You only pay room and board. That was the way Jagger's explained it to us. Not sure what is income numbers is to qualify for a Pell Grant. I just think with this program in place you can see more Ohio kids staying put if qualify for this program.
I'm not sure if they can add % of scholarship money to off set room and board. A program like that makes it like having maybe 15 to 20 scholarships. I think you will see more depth at each weight with this new program.
50K as a family I think
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-18, 08:45 PM
roughedge roughedge is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-09-14
Posts: 664
roughedge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by severs0801 View Post
50K as a family I think
That is income for a Pell Grant.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-18, 11:44 PM
ProV1 ProV1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-14-15
Posts: 1,104
ProV1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkability View Post
Welcome to the team young buck!

iron sharpens iron In TOSU room! add in mattox and sasso, Carson K visited last week, plus theres more coming! gonna be crowded at all weights moving forward! Go Bucks!
They need to get Carson K. It may be crowded but that kid will make the lineup at 65...maybe even 74. Future star.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-18, 07:02 AM
iGranby iGranby is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 11-05-10
Posts: 190
iGranby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
Ohio State will start keeping more kids as they have a new program (not sure how long been going on) if you get just one dollar in Pell Grant money Ohio State pays for your tuition. You only pay room and board. That was the way Jagger's explained it to us. Not sure what is income numbers is to qualify for a Pell Grant. I just think with this program in place you can see more Ohio kids staying put if qualify for this program.
I'm not sure if they can add % of scholarship money to off set room and board. A program like that makes it like having maybe 15 to 20 scholarships. I think you will see more depth at each weight with this new program.
Wow. I would love to learn more about this.

I may just be tired, but this is crazy to me. Not in a negative way, but this is a huge recruiting tool. Pell grants are not difficult to receive.


As far the actual topic - congrats to Freeman, and to us buckeye faithful. We got a good one here.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-18, 07:59 AM
wrestling125 wrestling125 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-15-11
Posts: 593
wrestling125 is on a distinguished road
Freeman is a great wrestler on the mat; obviously an issue for a lot of guys in their room.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-19-18, 08:38 AM
eliwes eliwes is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-22-11
Posts: 1,750
eliwes is on a distinguished road
Good catch by OSU. Lake Catholic 3x st champ ranked #15 beat #9 ranked Ryan Thomas for the st title. Also placed 5th at the tough Ironman tournament.
good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-18, 06:17 PM
bucksman bucksman is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-10-01
Location: Having fun somewhere :-)
Posts: 30,946
bucksman will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwes View Post
Good catch by OSU. Lake Catholic 3x st champ ranked #15 beat #9 ranked Ryan Thomas for the st title. Also placed 5th at the tough Ironman tournament.
good luck.
Freeman lost at the Ironman and Beast to a lower-ranked wrestler in Byelick - and at Ironman to a non-ranked Hendricks - on the other side of the coin (5th at IM, 6th at Beast were his finishes).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-19-18, 08:59 PM
Crab Ride Crab Ride is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 03-28-17
Posts: 237
Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProV1 View Post
They need to get Carson K. It may be crowded but that kid will make the lineup at 65...maybe even 74. Future star.
I couldnt agree more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alliance D-2 District Rankings #6 McClearn7 Wrestling 2 02-14-18 08:47 PM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings #4 McClearn7 Wrestling 1 01-21-18 01:44 PM
Alliance D-2 District Rankings #2 McClearn7 Wrestling 12 12-19-17 05:43 PM
Kettering Fairmont D-1 District Rankings (Regular Season #1) McClearn7 Wrestling 6 11-27-17 11:15 AM
Waite D-3 District Rankings (Off-Season #3) McClearn7 Wrestling 4 09-21-17 11:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz