Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > St Xavier Bombers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-05-19, 11:58 PM
All District

River_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
Decisions based on ego rarely go well.
This isn’t Paris. Certainly not his ego. He’s a really humble, great kid. This is his mother. She already has plans for that NFL money. Such a stupid, short sighted decision.
Old 05-06-19, 02:34 AM
All Yappi

ReLoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Eagle View Post
This isn’t Paris. Certainly not his ego. He’s a really humble, great kid. This is his mother. She already has plans for that NFL money. Such a stupid, short sighted decision.
It's always the parents......a 17 year old doesn't make this decision.
Painful to watch a good kid go through this.

Teenagers that transfer schools based on athletics and/or challenge rules to receive preferential treatment don't fare well long term.

If he is making silent deals with the staff at Georgia as rumored this is another bad sign.

Hopefully Mike Daniels will be a positive influence during a senior year that promises to be difficult on many fronts.
Good luck Paris.... you're out of the long blue line and in our rearview mirror.

We got a new OC and it's time to win a 4th state title!!!

GO X
Old 05-06-19, 04:13 AM
All Yappi

Will the Bombers do a 7 on 7 scrimmage vs Princeton again this summer?
Old 05-06-19, 04:15 AM
All Yappi

X hasn't had an offensive coordinator since Mike Heizman, nearly 10 years ago.
Old 05-06-19, 09:11 AM
All Ohio

GCLFan99 is on a distinguished road
If the coaches at OSU (or whatever college he plans on attending) have strongly encouraged him to enroll early to participate in spring practice, then I understand the decision to change schools, since X will not allow early graduation.

I hope he and his family recognize the role St X and coach Specht played in helping him gain the recognition and opportunities presented to him. I highly doubt he would have been the number 1 Oline prospect if he was at another school. He didnt actually break into the starting lineup as a sophomore until injuries struck midway through the season. His play on the field certainly did not warrant that ranking going into junior year.
Old 05-07-19, 11:38 AM
All District

2020Dad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
If the coaches at OSU (or whatever college he plans on attending) have strongly encouraged him to enroll early to participate in spring practice, then I understand the decision to change schools, since X will not allow early graduation.

I hope he and his family recognize the role St X and coach Specht played in helping him gain the recognition and opportunities presented to him. I highly doubt he would have been the number 1 Oline prospect if he was at another school. He didnt actually break into the starting lineup as a sophomore until injuries struck midway through the season. His play on the field certainly did not warrant that ranking going into junior year.
The college recruitment game is more about potential than demonstrated ability. Paris had offers as an offensive lineman before he ever took a snap at O-line because he was 6 ft 7 and over 275 as a freshman playing DE. He had offers from High level D1 colleges before he ever played a meaningful down at X. The truth of the matter is it really didn't matter where he went to high school he was going to get the same type of offers based on his freakish size and his ability to move his feet better than the average guy his size. He also had very good grades(national honor society)Also don't discount the fact that his dad is a D1 college football coach and probably knows a thing or two about the recruiting process. Don't get me wrong having Specht in his corner helped out tremendously, but Paris is a no brainer for any major college due to his measurables. You are seeing some of the same similarities right now with Marshall Lang, but not quite on the same level, he has quite a few offers now, from FCS and smaller FBS schools but they are based more on his Size/potential than his demonstrated performance. I think he had around 7 to 10 catches last year, but is getting plenty of offers now. He's 6 ft 3 and may be able to pack on some weight, that says it all. Cam spechts numbers were much better and he was faster, but he wasn't 6 ft 3 and therefore he didn't generate a lot of interest at the college level despite being a helluva high school player.
Old 05-07-19, 12:53 PM
Junior Varsity

jrody25 is on a distinguished road
Just got word that MyJaden Horton (LaSalle QB) is transferring to Princeton....

This means Princeton has now taken 4 of the best players from the GCL in the lat two weeks.....
Horton (QB LaSalle)
Dogget (MLB Moeller)
Valentine (CB/WR Moeller)
Paris (OL St. X)
Old 05-07-19, 01:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrody25 View Post
Just got word that MyJaden Horton (LaSalle QB) is transferring to Princeton....

This means Princeton has now taken 4 of the best players from the GCL in the lat two weeks.....
Horton (QB LaSalle)
Dogget (MLB Moeller)
Valentine (CB/WR Moeller)
Paris (OL St. X)
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck then it must be a duck. sounds like some recruiting to me. They had about 6 transfer in last year, I would say its only a matter of time before they get popped again.
Old 05-07-19, 03:10 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020Dad View Post
The college recruitment game is more about potential than demonstrated ability. Paris had offers as an offensive lineman before he ever took a snap at O-line because he was 6 ft 7 and over 275 as a freshman playing DE. He had offers from High level D1 colleges before he ever played a meaningful down at X. The truth of the matter is it really didn't matter where he went to high school he was going to get the same type of offers based on his freakish size and his ability to move his feet better than the average guy his size. He also had very good grades(national honor society)Also don't discount the fact that his dad is a D1 college football coach and probably knows a thing or two about the recruiting process. Don't get me wrong having Specht in his corner helped out tremendously, but Paris is a no brainer for any major college due to his measurables. You are seeing some of the same similarities right now with Marshall Lang, but not quite on the same level, he has quite a few offers now, from FCS and smaller FBS schools but they are based more on his Size/potential than his demonstrated performance. I think he had around 7 to 10 catches last year, but is getting plenty of offers now. He's 6 ft 3 and may be able to pack on some weight, that says it all. Cam spechts numbers were much better and he was faster, but he wasn't 6 ft 3 and therefore he didn't generate a lot of interest at the college level despite being a helluva high school player.
According to 247Sports he was 6'3" 205 as a freshmen and his first offer was Rutgers in May 2017 (after growth spurt) before start of sophomore year when he was on varsity. His Power 5 offers started coming in late Nov and December of 2017.

While I agree that eventually he would receive these offers regardless of where he went to high school, I am sure Coach Specht's endorsement with major college coaches helped accelerate the process. It also probably went a long way to being named #1 Oline recruit in 2020. While he is big and athletic (so are a lot of guys) he struggled with footwork and blocking technique during sophomore season, in large part due to the fact that he was new to the position.

While its disappointing that he will not play for the Bombers this season, I certainly understand making the move. It is becoming common for 5 star recruits to graduate early so they can make spring practice. I hope he has a healthy and productive season.
Old 05-07-19, 03:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLFan99 View Post
According to 247Sports he was 6'3" 205 as a freshmen and his first offer was Rutgers in May 2017 (after growth spurt) before start of sophomore year when he was on varsity. His Power 5 offers started coming in late Nov and December of 2017.

While I agree that eventually he would receive these offers regardless of where he went to high school, I am sure Coach Specht's endorsement with major college coaches helped accelerate the process. It also probably went a long way to being named #1 Oline recruit in 2020. While he is big and athletic (so are a lot of guys) he struggled with footwork and blocking technique during sophomore season, in large part due to the fact that he was new to the position.

While its disappointing that he will not play for the Bombers this season, I certainly understand making the move. It is becoming common for 5 star recruits to graduate early so they can make spring practice. I hope he has a healthy and productive season.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but the bottom line is he was going to be 6 ft 7 inches regardless of where he went to school and the offers were going to come, he cant commit until this fall anyway so how early the offers came is a moot point. Also there are not a lot of 6 ft 7 guys that weigh 290 that can run a 5.0 ish 40, that is what makes him attractive as a left tackle. All you have to do is look at some of his twitter pics from when he was in middle school and see him meeting urban meyer and nick saban at their camps. The seeds were being planted early. his dad is 6 ft 4 and his mom is close to 6 ft they knew he was going to be big.(dad coaches at PITT) As far as him struggling as a sophomore, well of course he did, name a sophomore playing o line in the GCL that has never played O line in their life that wouldn't struggle. He went up against Malik Vann D1 recruit in the first round of the playoffs and more than held his own, the rest is history. I'm pretty positive the first game that he started was against Louisville St X. I think he came off the bench in the Iggy game when Jack Kirby went down with an injury. As reload said he's moved on and he is in the rear view mirror. Next man ups. Let's go X
Old 05-07-19, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

Termite2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
............. name a sophomore playing o line in the GCL that has never played O line in their life that wouldn't struggle................
Playing as a freshman; If TE counts as playing o line and also starting DE - Steve Niehaus*

* ND and the second player picked in the NFL draft
Old 05-09-19, 08:19 PM
Freshman

BDBW is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree with you but the bottom line is he was going to be 6 ft 7 inches regardless of where he went to school and the offers were going to come, he cant commit until this fall anyway so how early the offers came is a moot point. Also there are not a lot of 6 ft 7 guys that weigh 290 that can run a 5.0 ish 40, that is what makes him attractive as a left tackle. All you have to do is look at some of his twitter pics from when he was in middle school and see him meeting urban meyer and nick saban at their camps. The seeds were being planted early. his dad is 6 ft 4 and his mom is close to 6 ft they knew he was going to be big.(dad coaches at PITT) As far as him struggling as a sophomore, well of course he did, name a sophomore playing o line in the GCL that has never played O line in their life that wouldn't struggle. He went up against Malik Vann D1 recruit in the first round of the playoffs and more than held his own, the rest is history. I'm pretty positive the first game that he started was against Louisville St X. I think he came off the bench in the Iggy game when Jack Kirby went down with an injury. As reload said he's moved on and he is in the rear view mirror. Next man ups. Let's go X
Well, we can watch to see what happens with a few of the current rising sophs to see the impact of St. X and Coach Specht's influence with recruiting. Burkle 6'3" 210, Collins 6'3" 205, Parker 6'3" 230 all about the same as Paris as a freshman. Is it just meeting the size metric or is St. X on the recruiting heat map? No disrespect to the other freshmen who will develop into outstanding football players.
Old 05-10-19, 01:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBW View Post
Well, we can watch to see what happens with a few of the current rising sophs to see the impact of St. X and Coach Specht's influence with recruiting. Burkle 6'3" 210, Collins 6'3" 205, Parker 6'3" 230 all about the same as Paris as a freshman. Is it just meeting the size metric or is St. X on the recruiting heat map? No disrespect to the other freshmen who will develop into outstanding football players.
I hope they grow, but realistically Paris was somewhere between 6 ft 5 and 6ft 7 and over 260lbs entering his sophomore season on varsity. That is a major difference from these guys. Jack Kirby was also somewhere around 6ft 2 to 6 ft 3 and weighed around 275. 6ft 3 is great size and will get you looks, 6ft 5 or better is freakish and gets everyone looking, especially if you can move your feet with that size.
Old 05-12-19, 08:44 AM
All District

scotty99 is on a distinguished road
So hows next seasons OL gonna look with Paris gone? Will Wassler and Sizemore be the bookend Tackles? Or maybe Soph Collins?
Old 05-13-19, 08:19 AM
Varsity

BigLepowski is on a distinguished road
2020 Dad is exactly right on the recruiting process, so much of it is check the box measurable. Paris has a frame and foot speed to play on Sundays. Obviously many other factors go into to reaching that, but at almost 6'8" and nearly 3 bills with quick feet there would be multiple offers even if hypothetically there were no endorsement from Steve S.

The flipside is also true. Go ask Matt Bockhorst, who is now starting at guard at Clemson and is a shade below 6'4". He was the top lineman recruit in OH and projected as a Guard/Center. Oh State's O line coach at the time recruited now guards, only tackles at 6'5" and up with the view that he'll kick down to guard a kid that flames out at Tackle. Thus no OSU offer for Matt. Urban ran that guy off the next year, and Matt now starts at Clemson. Bottom line is he didn't fit the measurable. Paris does, thus the offers never happened.
Same with Luke Kuechly, no OSU or ND offer, his dream schools as he didn't yet fit the meansurable for those schools.
I suspect the same for Kiessling this year. About 6'4.5, thus a hair shorter than traditional DE, and didn't run a 4.5 so viewed as not quick enough for LB in modern spread world. Thus, not quite a 'fit' for the measurables.
Old 05-13-19, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLepowski View Post
2020 Dad is exactly right on the recruiting process, so much of it is check the box measurable. Paris has a frame and foot speed to play on Sundays. Obviously many other factors go into to reaching that, but at almost 6'8" and nearly 3 bills with quick feet there would be multiple offers even if hypothetically there were no endorsement from Steve S.

The flipside is also true. Go ask Matt Bockhorst, who is now starting at guard at Clemson and is a shade below 6'4". He was the top lineman recruit in OH and projected as a Guard/Center. Oh State's O line coach at the time recruited now guards, only tackles at 6'5" and up with the view that he'll kick down to guard a kid that flames out at Tackle. Thus no OSU offer for Matt. Urban ran that guy off the next year, and Matt now starts at Clemson. Bottom line is he didn't fit the measurable. Paris does, thus the offers never happened.
Same with Luke Kuechly, no OSU or ND offer, his dream schools as he didn't yet fit the meansurable for those schools.
I suspect the same for Kiessling this year. About 6'4.5, thus a hair shorter than traditional DE, and didn't run a 4.5 so viewed as not quick enough for LB in modern spread world. Thus, not quite a 'fit' for the measurables.
Unfortunately coaches put more emphasis on measurables than on field performance. Obviously you are not going to recruit a 6"0 200lb dlineman for D1 but when coaches get hung up on an inch or 1 tenth of a second over on field production its a big mistake.

I think Kiesseling was a more productive player than Bono of Elder but Bono is a little bigger, and maybe a little quicker and he lands the BC scholarship.

Paris Johnson has the size and athleticism to be an All American olineman in college, but his on field performance will need to catch up to his impressive physical traits.

I am sure he will benefit more by enrolling early and getting the benefit of spring practice rather than another full year of high school football
Old 05-13-19, 01:29 PM
Freshman

BoneMan15 is on a distinguished road
I heard through the grapevine that Compton is leaving Moeller. He is potentially headed for Lasalle but he seems up for grabs. How does he change bombers football if X is his destination?
Old 05-13-19, 01:39 PM
Freshman

JHux12 is on a distinguished road
Get this clown outta here. He's obviously not a real bomber
Old 05-14-19, 10:03 AM
Junior Varsity

jrody25 is on a distinguished road
Compton is a 6'4 255 pound DE and is easily Moellers most talented player. He holds offers from anywhere he wants. (Ohio State and Clemson most notably). If the Bombers land him that would be huge.
Old 05-15-19, 01:10 PM
Freshman

BoneMan15 is on a distinguished road
Exactly. What are the odds that he ends up at Princeton. I've heard that he is a family friend of the PJ. Its an unfortunate situation but Princeton is making big moves and will be a force. PJ on the left and Compton (RT, Miami co.) holding down the right.
Old 05-15-19, 02:46 PM
Varsity

bomberinmonroe is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck to PJ, seemed like a decent kid by all accounts. Sat by his mom a few times during games, and I know she was not happy with the play calling. Of course she wanted everything to go through PJ, so there you go. I will say that the whole PJ “brand” t-shirts I saw some people wearing seemed pretty out of place for ST X, not real team oriented.

The Princeton accumulation of talent seems pretty suspicious, but who knows. They cover a broad district from what I remember.

From a size and athletic ability standpoint, that’s a tough replacement, especially for the class of ‘22 kids because the mature strength usually hasn’t developed. But, better to know now than in August.
Old 05-15-19, 02:48 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberinmonroe View Post
Good luck to PJ, seemed like a decent kid by all accounts. Sat by his mom a few times during games, and I know she was not happy with the play calling. Of course she wanted everything to go through PJ, so there you go. I will say that the whole PJ “brand” t-shirts I saw some people wearing seemed pretty out of place for ST X, not real team oriented.

The Princeton accumulation of talent seems pretty suspicious, but who knows. They cover a broad district from what I remember.

From a size and athletic ability standpoint, that’s a tough replacement, especially for the class of ‘22 kids because the mature strength usually hasn’t developed. But, better to know now than in August.
Don’t believe JRody or Boneman. They’re just little dbag Moeller students trying to be funny.
Old 05-16-19, 12:58 PM
Freshman

First_Time_Bomber is on a distinguished road
Well Hello... was told about this 'underground' football website by another dad.... This is my first St. X experience. I personally went to Elder. Older kids went to Oak Hills. Now my youngest thinks St. X is the fit for him. Loves football and basketball. Big kid too. Just reading over the comments and.. well.. just saying "Hey".
Old 05-17-19, 09:57 AM
Varsity

I think someone already mentioned the newer transfer rules. I believe the player can play the 1st five games as opposed to sitting the first five. So if Princeton has a large talent influx without actually moving into the disctrict the transfer can't play 2nd half of season and playoffs. I think C-J in Dayton had this last year. Will be interesting how this impacts the playoff picture.
Old 05-19-19, 04:06 PM
All World

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLepowski View Post
I think someone already mentioned the newer transfer rules. I believe the player can play the 1st five games as opposed to sitting the first five. So if Princeton has a large talent influx without actually moving into the disctrict the transfer can't play 2nd half of season and playoffs. I think C-J in Dayton had this last year. Will be interesting how this impacts the playoff picture.
Again, Johnson is the only one transferring to Princeton. There’s an influx of trolls on this site spreading bogus rumors.
Old 05-20-19, 11:56 AM
Varsity

Thankyou for clarifying.

Any news on other changes for rising X seniors? I heard Garren Carter may be leaving.

Also heard Kellen Newman has a track scholarship so will focus on that. hate to lose him I pegged him for a breakout year, but I understand he has to protect his scholarship.

2020 Dad, this is your class, what are you hearing?
Old 05-20-19, 05:05 PM
All District

2019 StX Football

Garren is transferring to Lakota west. Still not sure on Newman we will know when lacrosse and track are over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-19, 01:40 PM
Varsity

Thanks.

Selfishly I hope Kellen plays, but understand if he has to protect the track scholarship. He is the best combo of speed a power that X has had in a while.
Old 05-22-19, 02:24 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
The class of 2021 is probably the best in the past 10 years. There is at least 1 top notch player at each position with impact players and D1 prospects.

QB: Brogan McCaughey: 6’1” 175lb played on JV last season
QB: Jack Wyche: grandson of former Bengals coach, may be the most talented in the group as he missed frosh year due to injury
QB: Ryan Nolan: 6’3” 170lb as frosh
QB: Max Klare: 6’3” 195lb as frosh
RB: Luke Vrsansky: just how good can this guy be?
WR: Elijah Kirk: most productive receiver in class, also a basketball standout
OL: Cameron Collins: will compete for the tackle spot opposite Johnson, 6’3” 210lb last season as a frosh
OL: Brian Parker: will be a 3 year varsity starter at center, 6’4” 248lb last season as a frosh
OL: Jack Renneker: has the best footwork and technique of the OLinemen in his class, will compete for guard spot opposite Kirby
OL: Matt Prophater: 5’11” 250lb as a frosh, probably a year away from varsity play
DL: Colin Poneris: 6’0” 190lb as a frosh, probably a year away from varsity PT
DL: Sam Buerkle: out of the 3 DLinemen in his class probably has the best shot at varsity time, Jake’s younger brother who is a handful
DL: LaVeall Trimble: 6’0” 200lb as a frosh, probably a year way from varsity PT
LB: Grant Lyons: 6’1” 190lbs as a frosh, will compete for a starting spot on varsity, classic Bomber LB with size/quickness and nose for the ball
CB: Marque Cunningham played corner on JV last season, size/speed and a great cover corner, great shot to start on varsity as a sophomore
The transfer of Johnson and Carter and the potential loss of Newman increases the likelihood we’ll see as many as 6 of these sophomores playing on Friday night