Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-14-17, 05:25 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
St. V at Massillon

Who wins this one? This is always a great game to watch!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-17, 05:54 PM
All American

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
I'll be making the long trip up from the Dayton area to watch this one. Hopefully we'll be in for another great game and it'll turn out like last year and the Tigers will come away with a hard fought victory. Some people have a hard time understanding why I make the long trip up to Massillon to see a high school football game. If you love the sport, there is no other atmosphere that embodies the sport of high school football like PBTS and big games like this one against SVSM in PBTS is an unbeatable atmosphere.

As far as the game, it's going to be a battle between the stout Irish D and the Tiger O. No Secret what the Tigers want to do Thomas and Pfeiffer, but there is plenty of weapons on the edges for Longwell to utilize. Couple of things suprised me so far that the Tigers haven't utilized Morgan more as he is a matchup nightmare and that we haven't seen some wrinkles of the read option with Longwell as athletic as he is. If the Tigers could just sure up the defense,they would be a legitimate contender in DII this year.
Old 10-14-17, 06:00 PM
Junior Varsity

T-Roy is on a distinguished road
The Tigers get several key starters back this week from injury. Hopefully this is enough of a boost to get the W.
Old 10-14-17, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Massillon has to be the favorite in this one.
Old 10-14-17, 07:29 PM
All Ohio

Redwing is on a distinguished road
You would think Massillon will get St V's best this week, their season is on the line. Otherwise, week 10 on Green St. will be nothing more than a send off for their seniors. Just don't know if they have the horses, or quite frankly, the coaching to get the W.
Old 10-14-17, 07:52 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
The Tigers get several key starters back this week from injury. Hopefully this is enough of a boost to get the W.
Weren't a lot of starters held out for disciplinary reasons?
Old 10-14-17, 07:53 PM
All American

SVSM is down this year for them. Massillon should roll.

Firewatch compared the Buffalo team that rolled you as comparable to SVSM so we will see.
Old 10-15-17, 03:00 PM
All Region

jtigerjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Weren't a lot of starters held out for disciplinary reasons?
Saw two kids sat out for one quarter Friday night. All the others I saw were out with injuries.
Old 10-15-17, 04:07 PM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope Massillon wins that will help other schools point wise. 4 kids on St V are talking about returning to public schools
Old 10-15-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
SVSM needs this one to have any chance at the postseason and they're unlikely to get it. Quite simply, this is not one of the better SVSM teams. The O line is huge but ineffective and much of the talent is young and inexperienced. Massillon- 28, Irish- 10.
Old 10-15-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Svsm 21-17

Last edited by FirestoneFan; 10-15-17 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-15-17, 05:00 PM
Moderated User

ClevelandLB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
Hope Massillon wins that will help other schools point wise. 4 kids on St V are talking about returning to public schools
It's because of the offensive coordinator. The kids can't stand the guy and ritefully so. The guy is terrible. Very arrogant. The offense has gotten progressively worse as the season has progressed. If STVM has any clue at all they will let Eric Ervin call the offense Friday night.
Old 10-15-17, 05:06 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Eric Ervin? The offensive line is the weakest part of the team right now. Before he takes on any additional responsibilities he needs to do his own job first..

Criticism of the play calling is fair....but itís hard to call plays when the line canít block.
Old 10-15-17, 05:08 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
SVSM needs this one to have any chance at the postseason and they're unlikely to get it. Quite simply, this is not one of the better SVSM teams. The O line is huge but ineffective and much of the talent is young and inexperienced. Massillon- 28, Irish- 10.
This is week 9. The "young and inexperienced" argument doesn't hold water anymore. That's good for the first half of the season I'll give you that. But not at this point. The defense is pretty darn good. They held lasalle to 10 points. STVM offense gave them the other 7. Held Hoban to 21 who has pretty much pummeled their competition with the exception of iggy. The problem is not on the defensive side of the ball. The offense was supposed to carry this version of STVM until the defense caught up. That plan has failed miserably to this point.
Old 10-15-17, 05:11 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Eric Ervin? The offensive line is the weakest part of the team right now. Before he takes on any additional responsibilities he needs to do his own job first..

Criticism of the play calling is fair....but itís hard to call plays when the line canít block.
Ervin isn't doing much with the line. Dallas and boarman are handling the o line. Which is terrible for as big as they are.
Old 10-15-17, 06:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandLB View Post
This is week 9. The "young and inexperienced" argument doesn't hold water anymore. That's good for the first half of the season I'll give you that. But not at this point. The defense is pretty darn good. They held lasalle to 10 points. STVM offense gave them the other 7. Held Hoban to 21 who has pretty much pummeled their competition with the exception of iggy. The problem is not on the defensive side of the ball. The offense was supposed to carry this version of STVM until the defense caught up. That plan has failed miserably to this point.
Sorry, but I'll take a good 17 or 18 year old senior over a good sophomore for a given game any day of the week.
Old 10-15-17, 08:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Sorry, but I'll take a good 17 or 18 year old senior over a good sophomore for a given game any day of the week.
Big doesn't always translate to good on the o-line, especially in HS. Those guys look like they're in cement shoes, and seem to lack a bit of physicality.
Old 10-15-17, 09:42 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Rooting for the Tigers here.
Old 10-16-17, 05:50 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
St V will fight hard in this one for their playoff lives. If they win and get in they have a legit chance to win 3 games in the regional's. I don't think they have a chance after that but they have an opportunity to salvage the season with a playoff run.

Do I think they can beat Massillon? Yes. Will they? probably not. Close game but Massillon wins
Old 10-16-17, 05:54 AM
All American

Trap game for the Tigers with McK next week?
Old 10-16-17, 09:28 AM
All American

VVSpartanalum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Trap game for the Tigers with McK next week?
Seems like the trap game comes week 11 after they're emotionally and physically spent after pouring everything into the McK game.
Old 10-16-17, 09:48 AM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandLB View Post
Ervin isn't doing much with the line. Dallas and boarman are handling the o line. Which is terrible for as big as they are.
Ervin has the headset on the sideline and is talking directly to the coaches in the press box. If he isn't doing much with the line.....why does he have the headset on and what is he doing on the sideline?
Old 10-16-17, 10:04 AM
All Region

jtigerjoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVSpartanalum View Post
Seems like the trap game comes week 11 after they're emotionally and physically spent after pouring everything into the McK game.
You my friend, have it figured out.
Old 10-16-17, 11:54 AM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Massillon has to be the favorite in this one.
Based on?

Massillons D is not good at all.
Old 10-16-17, 02:45 PM
All American

jbica001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleadog101 View Post
I heard the QB going back to Stow and RB coming back to Barberton. Other kids on the team are from Barberton and may follow him.
Old 10-16-17, 02:55 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVSpartanalum View Post
This is right on the money. I don't know if they still have them but the used to have a list of team goals posted in the locker room... Beat McKinley was #1 and I believe State Championships was #2. I realize that years ago beating McKinley played a HUGE role in winning a state title. Beating McKinley should be WAY up the list, but not #1.
Old 10-16-17, 02:59 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Based on?

Massillons D is not good at all.
SVSM has lost 3 of its last 4 and has looked very average in doing it. Also, SVSM's record against Massillon (5-20) is less than stellar, with them only beating them in recent years with Parris Campbell and Dante Booker.
Old 10-16-17, 03:21 PM
All District

Irish Football is on a distinguished road
Quote:
SVSM has lost 3 of its last 4 and has looked very average in doing it. Also, SVSM's record against Massillon (5-20) is less than stellar, with them only beating them in recent years with Parris Campbell and Dante Booker.
They beat them in 2014 and 2015.

They have played three of the best D2 schools in the state and played very competitive games with Hoban and LaSalle. They are right where just about everyone expected them to be at this point in the season. They either needed to beat Massillon or Barberton to get in the playoffs and here they are with a chance to get in. They will come to play Friday and I think they have a good chance of pulling it out. If they get in they have a real good chance of winning the region. I just think the schedule might get the best of them this year.
Old 10-16-17, 03:40 PM
All District

Big09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbica001 View Post
I heard the QB going back to Stow and RB coming back to Barberton. Other kids on the team are from Barberton and may follow him.
QB might go back to Stow (not much of a loss as most believe the backup is better), Freshman RB might go back to B-town because of grades...everything else is just wishful thinking by you. Enjoy your one good year, you know the closet is empty after this SR class. Not trying to talk trash at all, but this is a once in a decade class for the Magics, and Gotto has done a GREAT job with them. Barberton will quickly go back to being average unless Gotto starts recruiting like the Hoban coaches. Barberton just does not have the player pool that it once had.
Old 10-16-17, 03:43 PM
All Ohio

Does any of the skuttlebutt I've seen on a few of these boards about the St V QB going back to Stow have any merit to it?