Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-18-16, 05:01 PM
All Ohio

Wrestling245 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus24 View Post
That's all very true but what would lead to the 2-tier discussion even being an option unless there is something else involved. Do you think it's possible that a Lake/Green could be considering leaving ? It just doesn't make sense to take that drastic of a step on Louisville's needs alone.
I don't think we (Lake) will leave the FED. With the addition of green now, it just doesn't make sense. You can't beat the geographical set up this league has. Lake and green are roughly all within 20 minutes of every school! Why leave that? Both Lake and Green would lose tons of revenue in the big sports. I know the likes of Dover and New Philly travel well, but it will not be the same sized crowds Jackson Hoover etc. bring! Also those two schools are awesome local rivalries for Lake. Plus the administration at Lake now is very comfortable with where they are at. Add Louisville and be done with it!
Old 01-18-16, 06:01 PM
All American

hoodrat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
Add Louisville and be done with it!
Yes.
Old 01-18-16, 06:32 PM
Cooling Off

chiefy jones is an unknown quantity at this point
What is it that you two don't understand?

I'll type slower for you....

In the current setup, no way in hell Louisville joins....NO WAY.
Old 01-18-16, 06:38 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy jones View Post
What is it that you two don't understand?

I'll type slower for you....

In the current setup, no way in hell Louisville joins....NO WAY.
Based on?
Old 01-18-16, 07:52 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Based on?
Bigger schools with bigger teams, more losses, less playoffs, more chance of more players being hurt come playoffs time. Does there actually need to be more reasons than that? Add 2 D-3's or another D-2 and a D-3 and they'd most likely be ready for that.
Old 01-18-16, 07:58 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
Bigger schools with bigger teams, more losses, less playoffs, more chance of more players being hurt come playoffs time. Does there actually need to be more reasons than that? Add 2 D-3's or another D-2 and a D-3 and they'd most likely be ready for that.
What contacts do you have with Louisville's administration that allows you to know what they're thinking? Or, are you just making this up? Are you dealing in fact or what you THINK may be happening from your view in Florida?
Old 01-18-16, 08:09 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
What contacts do you have with Louisville's administration that allows you to know what they're thinking? Or, are you just making this up? Are you dealing in fact or what you THINK may be happening from your view in Florida?
Funny, we've been waiting for an answer from you for years on your supposed knowledge of all things Massillon.
Old 01-18-16, 08:10 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Based on?
Don't be dumb.
Old 01-18-16, 09:40 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy jones View Post
Don't be dumb.
I wouldn't consider a D1/D2 league inviting a lone D3 to be the smallest member by far, an attractive offer either. But we forget who our audience is, lol. No offense to Louisville, good program, but pretty embarrassing if you ask me.
Old 01-18-16, 10:07 PM
Cooling Off

True, the fed as a football league is a joke, but its still too much for Louisville.

Except for hoover. Lol.
Old 01-18-16, 10:24 PM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinbiner View Post
All I stated was the obvious, do you think the decision requires more? It isn't rocket science.

Old 01-18-16, 10:28 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All I stated was the obvious, do you think the decision requires more? It isn't rocket science.

In other words, you're making it up.
Old 01-18-16, 11:39 PM
All American

Bluestreakoffice is on a distinguished road
A couple of things ...Lake gets a lot of revenue from being in the Fed and low travel costs. Green was very very receptive to that concept. Any league talk that will have to be like consideration 1a. Now is Lake happy that they are competitive... yes, but not winning Fed titles does wear on the school. The playoffs used to be a great consolation prize for football, but the realignment of D 1 and D 2 has now made even that difficult. Lake is always open to discussion for league expansion. Last I heard they will listen to all options.....but then you have to go back to 1a. Now this is my suggestion...can the county and the big schools of Tusc and Wayne do something like the OCC in the Columbus area...maybe make a 30 team group...small, medium, and large..with crossover games so that the schedule would work out for everyone. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-19-16, 02:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
the size thing is over blown. Louisville is D1 in everything but football where they are only D3 because of the watered down 7th division. its about the program and their football program is solid.

making an argument against joining the Fed based on enrollment while mocking those in their current league for having the same concern would be foolish.

i suppose considering Massillon is roughly half the size of Mentor and Mckinley you already have those games marked as losses and anticipate injuries?
Old 01-19-16, 03:08 PM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
I believe you can count out Dover and New Phila. Word is that the OCC is splitting into two divisions (East - West). West- Man. Madison, Mt Vernon, Clear Fork, Lexington, Shelby, Ontario. East Dover, New Phila, West Holmes, Wooster, Ashland, Man. Senior.
Old 01-19-16, 03:11 PM
All Yappi

The impression I get is FL would like a good harbin team that would be an underdog the majority of time, and rarely if ever a threat to win the league title. Ie. Lake, minus 100 boys. Or even Green last year really.

Not knocking Louisville. And not knocking the FL for tripping over themselves to accept, if Louisville somehow felt it was in their best interest. Knocking the lame and failed attempts in recent years to add sacrificial members and avoid stronger competition.
Old 01-19-16, 03:12 PM
Cooling Off

That's because jacksin and hoover rule the fed.
Old 01-19-16, 03:31 PM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
The impression I get is FL would like a good harbin team that would be an underdog the majority of time, and rarely if ever a threat to win the league title. Ie. Lake, minus 100 boys. Or even Green last year really.

Not knocking Louisville. And not knocking the FL for tripping over themselves to accept, if Louisville somehow felt it was in their best interest. Knocking the lame and failed attempts in recent years to add sacrificial members and avoid stronger competition.
I'm not too sure that Massillon is better than Louisville. I know you guys can't even fathom such a thing, but they're pretty good most of the time. Besides they bring a heck of alot more when factoring the other sports which Massillon is lagging behind. You're a good example of the arrogance that keeps Massillon from joining and schools from inviting you. You act like teams are scared of your team. Those days are long gone.
Old 01-19-16, 03:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Louisville has a strong football tradition. we arent talking about Akron North here (while we are on the subject of sacrificial football scheduling...)

in a previous expansion the Fed added Fitch, Boardman and Mckinley...all schools with very good football tradition. in the most recent expansion the Fed contacted a number of schools, Green was the only one to accept due to either distance or perceived inability to compete. it was not the leagues intention to simply add Green.

yes id hope to see Massillon in the league someday but implying adding Louisville is somehow avoiding competition is ridiculous. Massillon is not the only competition out there.
Old 01-19-16, 03:53 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
I believe you can count out Dover and New Phila. Word is that the OCC is splitting into two divisions (East - West). West- Man. Madison, Mt Vernon, Clear Fork, Lexington, Shelby, Ontario. East Dover, New Phila, West Holmes, Wooster, Ashlanm dan. Senior.
this may be true, but who is to say that Dover and Philly don't wait and see what they have currently, to the west, and to the north.

their advantage to let the leagues set up and invite them and then decide where they want to go.

the administrator I spoke with from philly said at this time there is just a bunch of loose talk and no real offers to do anything.
Old 01-19-16, 04:08 PM
Cooling Off

12346 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yes id hope to see Massillon in the league someday but implying adding Louisville is somehow avoiding competition is ridiculous. Massillon is not the only competition out there.
It's confusing to me that the Massillon folk like to boast about their lopsided records against some schools within the Federal League, if Louisville joining the Fed is avoiding competition why are these same Massillon folk begging to play these schools with lopsided series records?

Why not play these bigger fishes in the pond and not schedule a team like Akron North?
Old 01-19-16, 04:18 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Massillon is not the only competition out there.
This.
Old 01-19-16, 04:21 PM
Moderated User

speedster13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The impression I get is FL would like a good harbin team that would be an underdog the majority of time, and rarely if ever a threat to win the league title.
yes, that is exactly why they added canton mckinley just off of state titles in basketball and football. an underdog who is rarely a threat to win the league. very astute!
it also proves that the fed are racists, too...remember?
Old 01-19-16, 04:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster13 View Post
yes, that is exactly why they added canton mckinley just off of state titles in basketball and football. an underdog who is rarely a threat to win the league. very astute!
McKinley joined the FED 2 years before they won the titles in basketball.
Old 01-19-16, 04:27 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by McK93 View Post
McKinley joined the FED 2 years before they won the titles in basketball.
yep, and they were TERRIBLE before that! total underdogs...
Old 01-19-16, 04:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
yep, and they were TERRIBLE before that!
Who was terrible? I'm confused.
Old 01-19-16, 04:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by McK93 View Post
Who was terrible? I'm confused.
sarcasm. massillon honks argue the fed only wants the weak sisters of the poor in their league. mckinley was the premier team in the county (also state and nationally celebrated) in football and basketball when the fed admitted them. yes, clearly the fed only wants loser programs
Old 01-19-16, 04:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
sarcasm. massillon honks argue the fed only wants the weak sisters of the poor in their league. mckinley was the premier team in the county in football and basketball when the fed admitted them.
We need a sarcasm font.
Old 01-19-16, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
You mean fresh off consecutive 4-6 seasons. In the late 90's they were effectively blacklisted till McKinley dropped them in other sports in protest, and Canton has weight in the county. Still a good get though and commendable addition.

Now you have a school with 1100 boys wanting to add a school w/ 400? Hey, good luck.

And Mck93 you better HOPE Louisville doesn't compete as well as Massillon or that's a lot of butt hurt for bulldog fans. Frankly the FL should boot your azzes out and open other doors. I will have a good laugh when that happens. What goes around comes around.
Old 01-19-16, 04:46 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
You mean fresh off consecutive 4-6 seasons.
bingo! that was the exact plan!

Fed: "hey, let's wait until mckinley goes 4-6 and then add them to the league because that will prove their program has crumbled and they will be easy prey for us!!"

you are brilliant!