Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-06-16, 04:40 PM
All American

hoodrat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
Ellet has won a whole lot more non league games than Buchtel. Ellet usually is 3-1 or 4-0 non league. Obviously they play cupcakes though....
Ellet needs to upgrade their OCC schedule in order to qualify for the playoffs. I hear that Green has been calling but Yost won't answer.

Last edited by hoodrat; 01-06-16 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-06-16, 05:07 PM
All Ohio

Thurgood75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifferforlife View Post
into one program and keep both schools open. Just combine football.
This seems like a great idea for athletics but logistically its a nightmare. The schools are located on opposite sides of town so getting the kids to summer practice, spring conditioning, practice, leaving for games on time, checking on grades, etc will be a major hurdle for any coach to overcome. Or maybe they just meet at old forge.

The other issue which was very prevalent when Central Hower closed and folded into Kenmore and East is that these kids come from different sides of town and have a hard time getting along with each other. The first few years will be rocky and the on field product may be worst than what we see now before eventually getting over the hump.
Old 01-06-16, 05:08 PM
All Ohio

Thurgood75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
Ellet needs to upgrade their OCC schedule i order to qualify for the playoffs. I hear that Green has been calling but Yost won't answer.
Until Yost retires i highly doubt that he will beef up the schedule. Its unfortunate they've had some pretty good teams the past few years.
Old 01-07-16, 09:28 AM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodrat View Post
Ellet needs to upgrade their OCC schedule in order to qualify for the playoffs. I hear that Green has been calling but Yost won't answer.
I am sure that is probably true. They do not "need" to upgrade their schedule to make the playoffs. They have made it 2 out of 3 or 4 years with a bad schedule. To make the playoffs they just need to stop losing to bad teams. They should upgrade their schedule in order to be worthy of being a playoff team. So when they do make it they are good enough to win.
Old 01-07-16, 09:29 AM
Moderated User

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurgood75 View Post
Until Yost retires i highly doubt that he will beef up the schedule. Its unfortunate they've had some pretty good teams the past few years.
DING DING DING
Old 02-06-16, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

Cruiseman is an unknown quantity at this point
Sonil Haslam to be named North FB coach at Board meeting on Monday. He should have been coach there 2 years ago. Everyone on the interview committee wanted him, except for the principal. She wanted Stewart, even thought he had very little coaching experience. He was a security guard at the school, and the students seemed to like him, that is why he was wanted by the principal. Haslam has his hands full, but if takes things and does things in a slow but deliberate way, there can be some success at North. Like the Browns,it is not an overnight transformation.
Old 02-06-16, 06:14 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Good for Sonil. He's worked hard for an HC position. I feel bad he's ended up with such a downtrodden program.

With any luck, he can make them as tough as their girls basketball team. Their best player punched Kenmore's coach in the face after the City Series championship and set off a riot!
Old 02-07-16, 03:03 PM
All Ohio

And she doesn't even go to North. She attends Towpath Charter School.
Old 02-09-16, 12:14 PM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Good for Sonil. He's worked hard for an HC position. I feel bad he's ended up with such a downtrodden program.

With any luck, he can make them as tough as their girls basketball team. Their best player punched Kenmore's coach in the face after the City Series championship and set off a riot!
I agree, I am happy for Sonil. I think it is long overdue and I think he will do a good job. It will be a rough job to take over but he will do it the right way!
Old 02-09-16, 12:15 PM
All Region

Blockbuster78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiseman View Post
And she doesn't even go to North. She attends Towpath Charter School.
How does that work? I thought that since she attended a different school she would not be able to play for a APS school? I'm just curious
Old 02-09-16, 01:18 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootsWalker View Post
Didn't Youngstown Rayen & Youngstown East do this at one time? Combined for sports while both schools were still open? I think Rayen closed right after this though.
That may be true.

It also sounds like the current situation in Youngstown City schools.
Chaney and East high schools are both currently open.
However, sports is only offered at East.
A lot of ruckus when this was first arranged, (the storied Chaney football gone), but I think people have somewhat calmed down since.

People generally resist change, so consolidations are never easy.
Old 02-09-16, 02:47 PM
All American

FootsWalker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
That may be true.

It also sounds like the current situation in Youngstown City schools.
Chaney and East high schools are both currently open.
However, sports is only offered at East.
A lot of ruckus when this was first arranged, (the storied Chaney football gone), but I think people have somewhat calmed down since.

People generally resist change, so consolidations are never easy.
I think this is what I was remembering, Chaney & East combining. I think they may have shut Rayen down prior to all of that. Thanks for squaring it away.
Old 02-10-16, 10:34 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbuster78 View Post
How does that work? I thought that since she attended a different school she would not be able to play for a APS school? I'm just curious
Since, Towpath does not offer athletics and she lives in the North district, she may participate in athletics for North and only North. However, for her, that longer applies.