Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-11-18, 09:36 AM
Junior Varsity

runnerboy1510 is on a distinguished road
Week 7 OATCC Poll

Thoughts???

http://oatccc.com/cross-country.aspx
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-18, 11:40 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
It's going to be interesting in D2 at Boardman. Looks like more ranked teams than spots available to qualify to the state meet. Going to have to earn it.

Boys D2 Looks a bout right. Unioto a spot too high, but overall the three teams that seem to be to cream of the crop are at the top. Bay and Woodridge get to go after each other for 3 straight weeks if all goes as it should.
Old 10-11-18, 06:38 PM
All Region

gatornation is on a distinguished road
6 teams qualify out of Boardman. My calculation only has 6 teams ranked in the top 20. Woody, Bay, SVSM, NDCL, Salem, and Tallmadge. Am I missing someone?
Old 10-11-18, 06:47 PM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
Bay #5 runner seems to be on the upswing. Right know I would give Bay a slight edge over Woodridge. But, Jeff is as crafty as a fox. Right know he is in his lab trying to figure out a way to bring home the crown in November.
Old 10-11-18, 07:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatornation View Post
6 teams qualify out of Boardman. My calculation only has 6 teams ranked in the top 20. Woody, Bay, SVSM, NDCL, Salem, and Tallmadge. Am I missing someone?
My bad, I meant the first part to be about the Girls. The Girls has more teams ranked than spots.

Boys is what you have.
Old 10-11-18, 07:52 PM
All Ohio

CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
I’m a pretty big Mason fan, but I’m not sure they should be ranked #1. I know they’re well coached, and they have a lot of good runners, but I wonder if any of them will even make it to the podium at state. I hope I’m wrong.
Old 10-12-18, 02:50 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
Bay #5 runner seems to be on the upswing. Right know I would give Bay a slight edge over Woodridge. But, Jeff is as crafty as a fox. Right know he is in his lab trying to figure out a way to bring home the crown in November.
I'm not sure how you can say that. Where are results that they have even been running their top guys consistently since Boardman? I'm not sure if they have run a consistent enough lineup to even know if they have a defined "5th" They are deep and they are good, but where a Woodridge runs all their guys every meet, Bay has not, so you don't know exactly if they are nursing things or just resting guys here and there. We will see next week. I would think that they would run their top 7 at the District heads up against Woodridge, but who knows?
Old 10-12-18, 03:38 AM
All American

You are correct, they seem to rest someone each week the guy I thought was their fifth guy is really their 6th runner. At our place they didn’t run their 2 or 5 runners and they ran us and NDCL over....then came back the next day at Vermillion and finished 2nd with a different crew. Well Bay is your D2 problem thank goodness. Shelby with all that firepower up front seems to have the answer.....
Old 10-12-18, 04:09 AM
All District

billcarson is on a distinguished road
Do you guys ever get some sleep?
Woodridge is No.1 in D2 boys.

My Boardman finish order Boys D2;

1.Woodridge
2.Bay
3.St.V
4.NDCL
5.Salem
6.Tuslaw

Woodridge wins the next week, comfortably. They are running 15 to 20 seconds per man under their 2016 team. The 2018 CVNP results are amazing. PD that's how times are best used.
Old 10-12-18, 08:34 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_dad View Post
It's going to be interesting in D2 at Boardman. Looks like more ranked teams than spots available to qualify to the state meet. Going to have to earn it.

Boys D2 Looks a bout right. Unioto a spot too high, but overall the three teams that seem to be to cream of the crop are at the top. Bay and Woodridge get to go after each other for 3 straight weeks if all goes as it should.
A couple top 20 teams in D1 girls will be left out from the Troy region. Happens every year.
Old 10-12-18, 09:11 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIllinifan View Post
Iím a pretty big Mason fan, but Iím not sure they should be ranked #1. I know theyíre well coached, and they have a lot of good runners, but I wonder if any of them will even make it to the podium at state. I hope Iím wrong.
Mason is solid. There are 10 guys under 17:00 and six under 16:30. Five of those six times were at DeWine, a course known as being fast, with the other one coming at the Louisville Classic. Hudson is also looking good. Last weekend Hudson beat Iggy's at Stow, 20-57, with Adam Beucler getting the individual win. Manley was right at Buecler's heels with Russo just a few strides back. So whatever injury Buecler sustained at Boardman seems to be on the mend. I still don't think that Hudson has the horses to overtake Mason for the title, though. It's going to be close and there will not be any 70 point wins like Hudson had over Davidson last year.
Old 10-12-18, 10:18 AM
All American

Girl’s D2 @ Boardman

1. St Vincent much better in the front then I thought they would be

2. Beaumont Great from 1 thru 4 they match up well with St V’s until they get to five

3. Hawken The Hawks have been lying low the last few weeks. I can’t get around their strength up front in this field. Also they have athletes in the back who could surprise a few people

4. Poland with a very good top three and a little depth in the back they are a safe #4 pick

5. Woodridge They lost heads up to Poland on their home turf.

6. Hoban they are a little stronger then Woodridge up front

7 Howland I’m going to go out on a limb and pick them to advance to the State Meet.
Old 10-12-18, 12:42 PM
All District

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
A couple top 20 teams in D1 girls will be left out from the Troy region. Happens every year.
Conversely 2 NW team not in the top 20 will make it to state.
Old 10-12-18, 01:26 PM
All Ohio

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
Conversely 2 NW team not in the top 20 will make it to state.
State is not about the best 20 teams in the state of Ohio. State meet is about each part of the state having representation at the state meet. Equality and fair are 2 separate issues. NW Ohio has 2 representatives, which is fair. And based upon population it is also equal to the other populations in the state.

I really enjoy the #distribution right now. I believe in my many many years of coaching this is the most FAIR and EQUAL that the state XC meet has ever been. I am not a Northeast Ohio guy, but I realize that NE Ohio has the largest population and they should have 8 teams advance to the state meet. Even though only 6 are ranked right now. NE Ohio should also win more championships in track and XC because they have a larger pool of athletes and schools to draw from. That is fair but not equal. And I am ok with that.
Old 10-13-18, 02:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvctrackfan View Post
Girlís D2 @ Boardman

1. St Vincent much better in the front then I thought they would be

2. Beaumont Great from 1 thru 4 they match up well with St Vís until they get to five

3. Hawken The Hawks have been lying low the last few weeks. I canít get around their strength up front in this field. Also they have athletes in the back who could surprise a few people

4. Poland with a very good top three and a little depth in the back they are a safe #4 pick

5. Woodridge They lost heads up to Poland on their home turf.

6. Hoban they are a little stronger then Woodridge up front

7 Howland Iím going to go out on a limb and pick them to advance to the State Meet.
Edgewood has to go in there before Howland and Cloverleaf and Field are right there battling with them too. Edgewood is probably before Woodridge.