Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-10-18, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Gmc

Who Wins? Mason or East girls? Does anyone challenge the Mason boys team?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-18, 08:46 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Mason won't be challeged in the boys race. Conant Smith will be a lock for the individual title and he shouldn't need to run at 100% to get it.

The girls race will be interesting. A few weeks ago I would have gone with East for the title but I believe that their #1 is out for the remainder of the year. East can still win but they will need to tighten up their pack. Mason has more depth than East so if the Comets had an injury that put a runner out for the year like the East runner, they would have been able to absorb the loss better. I'll go with Mason in a close race. For the overall on the girl's side I probably would have gone with East's runner that is out but as it is, there are probably about 3 runners, from Mason, Oak Hills, and East, that will compete for the overall. I'm not sure what is going on with last year's winner from Princeton.

Last edited by Rohbino; 10-12-18 at 09:43 AM..
Old 10-12-18, 11:26 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
There should also be a good race for the runner-up trophy on the boys side. Look out for the Sycamore boys, they are well coached and could surprise some folks. Best of luck to all and stay healthy!
Old 10-12-18, 01:20 PM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
First of all this conference has the largest student populations per school system than any other conference in the state of Ohio.

Mason, Lakota East, Lakota West and Fairfield are all top 10 largest schools in Ohio. The rest of the schools are on in the top 25 in Ohio. This conference should be putting up some pretty good teams in Ohio.

Girls
Mason should dominate. And have the individual champion. Could score less than 20 points
Lakota East- Even with their #1 girl they are a distance 2nd place at around 50 points.

Boys-
Conant Smith wins by 60 seconds if he wants to. But he is a racer and should be with the pack for the first 1600 and possibly 3200 before scorching the competition. If I were him I would run a race similar to race to practice running with a pack the first 3200 and then winning by a large margin.

Mason- team should dominate this race. Like the girls race they will have around 20 points. Can win with their JV team if needed.
*no other team should make it to the state meet from this conference.

LAK West 2nd place - 3 guys have broken 17:00
Oak Hills- 3rd place- no one under 17:00 this year
LAK EAST- 4th place- the surprise of the year. With a guy like Horter last year, you would think that LAk East could find someone could find one guy in the school system of 1400 boys to break 17:30.
Sycamore- 5th. I don't know what other people are seeing. I don't see them in the top 3. Not one guy has broken 17:00 this year.
Old 10-12-18, 09:03 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post

Mason, Lakota East, Oak Hills, and Lakota West are all top 10 largest schools in Ohio.
FIFY

The largest schools in Ohio, in terms of student population, are, in order, Mason, Walnut Hills, Centerville, Mentor, Lakota East, Canton McKinley, Oak Hills, Beavercreek, Kettering-Fairmont, and Lakota West.

Quote:
Girls
Mason should dominate. And have the individual champion. Could score less than 20 points
Lakota East- Even with their #1 girl they are a distance 2nd place at around 50 points.
You're crazy if you think that Mason will have 20 and win that easily. It will be very close even though East is without their #1. Don't believe what you read on Milesplit. I'm a Mason person and there will be no dominance by the Comets.

I find that less than half of what you post here has any credence. It is about what I would expect from someone that has a screen name of a mathematician whose 5th postulate can't be proven and a Finnish runner that was a blood doper.
Old 10-12-18, 10:28 PM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Nice. Throwing some shade and melting like a snowflake.

So where do we disagree? (1)GMC has large schools and is the largest conference per school district in the state (2) Mason will win by less of an amount?

Why are you are so butt hurt over 20 point versus possibly 38 points if you are a Mason fan?
Old 10-12-18, 10:33 PM
All Ohio

CincyIllinifan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
FIFY

The largest schools in Ohio, in terms of student population, are, in order, Mason, Walnut Hills, Centerville, Mentor, Lakota East, Canton McKinley, Oak Hills, Beavercreek, Kettering-Fairmont, and Lakota West.

You're crazy if you think that Mason will have 20 and win that easily. It will be very close even though East is without their #1. Don't believe what you read on Milesplit. I'm a Mason person and there will be no dominance by the Comets.

I find that less than half of what you post here has any credence. It is about what I would expect from someone that has a screen name of a mathematician whose 5th postulate can't be proven and a Finnish runner that was a blood doper.

Walnut Hills shouldn’t be on that list, and you need to add Fairfield, St X, and Iggy (boys only).
Old 10-13-18, 01:16 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First of all this conference has the largest student populations per school system than any other conference in the state of Ohio.

Mason, Lakota East, Lakota West and Fairfield are all top 10 largest schools in Ohio. The rest of the schools are on in the top 25 in Ohio. This conference should be putting up some pretty good teams in Ohio.

Girls
Mason should dominate.
And have the individual champion. Could score less than 20 points
Lakota East- Even with their #1 girl they are a distance 2nd place at around 50 points. [/B]
Lakota East girls beat Mason girls by two 30-32, so much with EuclidandViren's predictions. http://live.finishtiming.com/#/resul...d-xc/results/1
Old 10-13-18, 04:06 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Gmc

Quote:

Just as a note, Walnut Hills is not the second largest high school in terms of population. It is a 7-12 school, and if you count all the students in the school it might be the second biggest. Walnut Hills is actually is actually 37th. By the OHSAA enrollment numbers (and doubling the single gender schools) the top ten is:

MASON
FAIRFIELD
ST XAVIER
ST IGNATIUS
LAKOTA EAST
CENTERVILLE
HAMILTON
BEAVERCREEK
CANTON McKINLEY SENIOR
LAKOTA WEST

Last edited by mathking; 10-13-18 at 07:31 PM..
Old 10-13-18, 07:03 PM
All American

JAVMAN83 is on a distinguished road
Mason is a monster school. Reminds me of the days when Withrow had over 4000 students (yes, Viriginia, they did) back in the 1940s. HUGE. BIGGLY. Almost impossible for a smaller D1 school to compete against them just because of numbers.
Old 10-14-18, 05:17 PM
All American

Altor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
a mathematician whose 5th postulate can't be proven
Postulates are assumptions used as the basis of reasoning. If the 5th postulate could be proven, it wouldn't be a postulate.
Old 10-14-18, 09:53 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altor View Post
Postulates are assumptions used as the basis of reasoning. If the 5th postulate could be proven, it wouldn't be a postulate.
Thanks for posting this Altor. I read the original comment on my phone while on the road and it had been in the back of my mind that it needed a response.