Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-29-18, 11:00 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
Beavercreek Girls win at LaVerne Gibson meet

Wow! Beavercreek girls took down the mighty Carmel girls team at the Nike Meet in Terre Haute, Indiana as they go 1-2 with both girls under 18:00 https://in.milesplit.com/meets/32403...s#.W7BJZntKiUl
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-18, 07:43 AM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Has any team ever had 2 girls under 18:00?

Very similar to a boys team having 2 guys under 15:00 in my opinion.

If Beavercreek can find a #5 they can be deadly. 4 girls under 18:30 is impressive.
Old 09-30-18, 11:10 AM
All American

cvctrackfan is on a distinguished road
1A Beavercreek no doubt if they scored only 4 athletes they would be the 2019 State Champs....their #5 will have to run in the low 19:50’s to get it done

1B Centerville not as fast as Beavercreek in the front ..their 4 and 5 runners will have to steady to finish in a flat footed tie. ..

3. Davidson not as good in the front as the top two, but if their five has a very good day, and one of BC’s and Centerville runners is sub par...they can steal the crown
Old 09-30-18, 03:42 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
It's amazing to think that Taylor Ewert is supposed to be a better race walker than runner.
Old 09-30-18, 04:27 PM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
It's amazing to think that Taylor Ewert is supposed to be a better race walker than runner.
Nothing against race walking or your comment, but comparativeness are difficult. Two completely different sports on different levels. Almost like comparing a ping pong player and pro tennis player. Putt-putt golf and PGA tour. Running, Golf and tennis are competed with thousand and thousands of athletes around the world in every country. Ping=pong, putt-putt and race walking are third or fourth tier athletic events and I am not even sure countries compete at those events..

I've watched quite a few of the national championship races and the fields are never full at any age group. I am sure the Olympic qualifying is different.

Would you rather be on the PGA tour or the putt-putt tour?
Old 09-30-18, 09:08 PM
Lancers lead the way!

Lancermania is on a distinguished road
I did a virtual meet for the R4 girls using both best time and average time.

Beavercreek wins the average time meet 76-95 over Centerville
Centerville wins the best time meet 65-83 over Beavercreek.
Old 10-01-18, 07:12 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post
Nothing against race walking or your comment, but comparativeness are difficult. Two completely different sports on different levels. Almost like comparing a ping pong player and pro tennis player. Putt-putt golf and PGA tour. Running, Golf and tennis are competed with thousand and thousands of athletes around the world in every country. Ping=pong, putt-putt and race walking are third or fourth tier athletic events and I am not even sure countries compete at those events..

I've watched quite a few of the national championship races and the fields are never full at any age group. I am sure the Olympic qualifying is different.

Would you rather be on the PGA tour or the putt-putt tour?

No comparison was made. I made a simple comment. Nothing more and nothing less.

After Taylor broke the national mile record last summer she commented that she thinks her best chance for high-level future success is in race walking. Hopefully she doesn't read this forum and your comment that race walking is a "third or fourth tier athletic event."
Old 10-01-18, 08:30 PM
All Ohio

Run4Life is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post

Hopefully she doesn't read this forum and your comment that race walking is a "third or fourth tier athletic event."
Last I looked, the medals and ceremony are the same as those in the 1st and 2nd tier events.
Old 10-01-18, 11:15 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4Life View Post
Last I looked, the medals and ceremony are the same as those in the 1st and 2nd tier events.

Yes they are.