Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-19-18, 09:33 AM
All Ohio

Unstacked is on a distinguished road
Harrison inv.

Who will be at Harrison on Saturday?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-18, 10:03 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Since schools often attend the same meets, you can often look at previous results to get an idea of what schools might be at what meets. Some schools like to mix it up and change every few years but coaches are creatures of habit. Running the same meets, provided the courses are the same, will also give runners a better idea of their year to year progression.

Anyway, here are the last year's results from Harrison:

http://oh.milesplit.com/meets/288200...d#.W6OyGGhKjIU

Harrison seems to be a meet that a lot of schools will run their JV teams as varsity and will rest runners normally running as varsity. I think that the St. X boys traditionally send a team to Harrison, rests some runners, and will send another team to the Midwest Catholic Championships at Indian Riffle.

I tried to get the results link above directly from Finishtiming but it seems nearly impossible to get archived results on Finishtiming now. I was put on a circuitous route when attempting to get the Harrison results and kept ending up back where I started.
Old 09-21-18, 11:07 AM
All World

psycho_dad is on a distinguished road
Something you will never see on the Football Forum. "circuitous route" Heads would explode.

Sort of a shame that in the information age for a sport that is a third tier sport, Results are so hard to get. If it's not on Baumspage, I almost could care less anymore. I don't need the sophistication of milesplit. I just like results to compare and contrast. Shouldn't have to go on a quest
Old 09-21-18, 11:20 AM
All World

SOTT is on a distinguished road
I love FinishTiming and I think what Mike and his crew do set the standard for cross country and track timing in our state and beyond. Having said that, I have to agree with some of the above sentiments concerning finding results from previous years. It's easy enough to search for meets from past years, but as soon as you click on the results tab, you get kicked straight back to the most current meets of this particular season. It's a tad frustrating.

Last edited by SOTT; 09-22-18 at 06:52 AM..
Old 09-22-18, 04:50 AM
All District

PatHelgerman is on a distinguished road
After years of needing nothing but Baum's page to register for races, this year we had to use Baum's Page, Mile Split, Finish Timing, Athletics.net, and email to get our rosters in. Mile Split and Athletics were a first for me. What I liked most about MS was that it listed what teams had submitted registrations. It also had the ability to run a virtual meet using those teams with one click, not a "must have" feature, but nice. Every registration site could give a list though. I wonder why they don't.
Old 09-22-18, 07:56 AM
All Ohio

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHelgerman View Post
After years of needing nothing but Baum's page to register for races, this year we had to use Baum's Page, Mile Split, Finish Timing, Athletics.net, and email to get our rosters in. Mile Split and Athletics were a first for me. What I liked most about MS was that it listed what teams had submitted registrations. It also had the ability to run a virtual meet using those teams with one click, not a "must have" feature, but nice. Every registration site could give a list though. I wonder why they don't.
100% agree. Milesplit has that nice function of the teams and virtual meets already built in.

Finshtiming does need to work on that loop that is very annoying.