Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-09-18, 12:47 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Ashtabula District 2018

Any thoughts on how the district will turn out? Favorites, interesting matchups we could possibly see?

I feel Lake and St.Joes are the clear cut favorites to take the district and will likely face each other for the district title next month. The winner is a toss up to me but those two play each other Saturday (2/10) at Lake, so we will get a preview of a possible district final a month early.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-18, 12:47 PM
All American

I’ll post the final seeding when the draw takes place as soon as I find out on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-18, 11:21 AM
All District

Jtown5 is on a distinguished road
The top teams are obviously Lake and VASJ, but Edgewood is a pretty decent team at 17-2 and just knocked off an undefeated Poland team Friday night 69-61.
Old 02-11-18, 11:45 AM
All American

We should find out the seeding sometime around 2:30pm today.

Old 02-11-18, 04:27 PM
All American

Seeds:
1: Lake Catholic- will play winner of 8.Harvey/9.Perry

2: VASJ- will play winner of 7.Geneva/10.Shaw

3: West Geauga- will play winner of 6.Glenville/11.NDCL

4: Edgewood will play 13.Jefferson Area

5: Chardon will play 12.Conneaut

Old 02-13-18, 12:49 PM
All American

Here is the official bracket

Old 02-15-18, 11:11 AM
All District

I will go with VASJ, Glenville, Lake Catholic, Edgewood for District Semis with VASJ over Edgewood in the final
Old 02-15-18, 12:16 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bold call. I like it. I don't know a thing about Edgewood. I know Joe's would not mind another crack at Lake. Never look ahead. Joe's is very good at taking the playoffs one step at a time. Glenville is playing well and could be tough in the semis. This is the time of the year VASJ lives for and the reason why they play the schedule they do. I'm sure they are ready.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 02-16-18, 09:19 AM
All District

Edgewood doesn't have the strength of schedule of VASJ and Lake, but they just knocked off Poland 69-61. The Poland team is very similar to Lake with good guard play and a good post player. If they get by Chardon, this will be an interesting matchup.
Old 02-27-18, 11:14 PM
All American

Sectional Semi Final scores

Harvey 47 Perry 44

Shaw 80 Geneva 57

Chardon 78 Conneaut 46

Glenville 66 NDCL 54

Edgewood 77 Jefferson Area 35
Old 02-27-18, 11:17 PM
All American

Sectional Finals 3/2 7pm match ups

#9)Harvey @ #1)Lake Catholic

#5)Chardon @ #4)Edgewood

#10)Shaw @ #2)VASJ

#6)Glenville @ #3)West G
Old 02-28-18, 03:14 AM
All World

Lake and Joe's should handle Harvey and Shaw pretty easily IMO. This is where it gets interesting. Chardon gave Brush all it could handle a few weeks ago. I don't know much about Edgewood but this could be a good battle. West Geauga is on a big winning streak - but have the Wolverines played an athletic team like Glenville ? Would not shock me at all if VASJ is playing Glenville in the district semi next week. Tarblooders are playing pretty good after a rough start.
Old 02-28-18, 10:22 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Lake and Joe's should handle Harvey and Shaw pretty easily IMO. This is where it gets interesting. Chardon gave Brush all it could handle a few weeks ago. I don't know much about Edgewood but this could be a good battle. West Geauga is on a big winning streak - but have the Wolverines played an athletic team like Glenville ? Would not shock me at all if VASJ is playing Glenville in the district semi next week. Tarblooders are playing pretty good after a rough start.
Edgewood beat Chardon last week 84-65 I think in Chardon, this one will be at Edgewood.
Old 02-28-18, 01:54 PM
All World

Thanks for the update. I have heard some people say don't assume Lake will be in the final because Edgewood is good. I honestly don't know a thing about them - and I'm sure I'm not alone. People think Lake is looking ahead to Joe's and on a neutral court Edgewood will give them a game. It's nice to know that chalk is not a guarantee.

Old 02-28-18, 03:16 PM
All World

lchsman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks for the update. I have heard some people say don't assume Lake will be in the final because Edgewood is good. I honestly don't know a thing about them - and I'm sure I'm not alone. People think Lake is looking ahead to Joe's and on a neutral court Edgewood will give them a game. It's nice to know that chalk is not a guarantee.

People think? What people? You’re so full of it.
Old 02-28-18, 03:39 PM
Junior Varsity

FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
People think? What people? You’re so full of it.
Lchsman. 216 believes everything he hears.... unless it's a negative truth about VASJ!
Old 02-28-18, 05:20 PM
All World

I have family in Perry and Madison and a manager at work who's kid wrestles for Edgewood and they say Edgewood is pretty good. Like I said I know nothing about them. They seemed to have beat Chardon with ease and Chardon took Brush into the final minutes. That also could have been Brush not getting up for the game or playing down to the competition. Like I said before expect the much anticipated Lake vs Joe's rematch with a 100% healthy Joe's team moving on..Remember Joe's was playing without their starting center - who has been playing very well of late. I would like to hear from the Lake fans what they know about Edgewood because I know zero about them as I stated previous.

Old 02-28-18, 07:38 PM
All World

Quote:
I have family in Perry and Madison and a manager at work who's kid wrestles for Edgewood and they say Edgewood is pretty good. Like I said I know nothing about them. They seemed to have beat Chardon with ease and Chardon took Brush into the final minutes. That also could have been Brush not getting up for the game or playing down to the competition. Like I said before expect the much anticipated Lake vs Joe's rematch with a 100% healthy Joe's team moving on..Remember Joe's was playing without their starting center - who has been playing very well of late. I would like to hear from the Lake fans what they know about Edgewood because I know zero about them as I stated previous.

You should focus on Shaw and not LC and Edgewood. Lake will be lucky to beat Edgewood and has no chance against the Vikings. VASJ already beat Lake this year, and as you mentioned, without their starting center. Not sure there is really much to discuss here.

Still didn’t answer my question above though.
Old 02-28-18, 09:12 PM
All World

I did answer. Read my post slower and use your comprehension skills. I'm asking you a serious question. What do you know about Edgewood to be so overconfident ? I honestly know nothing about them other then what people who live out that way say. Do they play anybody ? Do they have size ? Is there a player to watch for ? Etc. Lake is a very good and well coached team - I would just like to know more about Edgewood. I think it's pretty obvious Lake and Joe's have been looking forward to meeting in the district final. Nobody ever said Lake did not have a chance - but Lake has to know IF both teams get there that Joe's will be just a little bit more motivated to do well.
Old 02-28-18, 10:00 PM
All World

Quote:
I did answer. Read my post slower and use your comprehension skills. I'm asking you a serious question. What do you know about Edgewood to be so overconfident ? I honestly know nothing about them other then what people who live out that way say. Do they play anybody ? Do they have size ? Is there a player to watch for ? Etc. Lake is a very good and well coached team - I would just like to know more about Edgewood. I think it's pretty obvious Lake and Joe's have been looking forward to meeting in the district final. Nobody ever said Lake did not have a chance - but Lake has to know IF both teams get there that Joe's will be just a little bit more motivated to do well.
Overconfident? I said we would lose to Edgewood. These posters on yappi are sure right about you. Comprehension skills? How about you read my post slower and use your comprehension skills. You’re the one doesn’t read. You didn’t answer nothing. You talk about family in Perry and managers son that wrestles at Edgwood.

Still waiting
Old 02-28-18, 10:10 PM
All World

Quote:
Why is Joe’s a little more motivated to do well? You guys beat us last time. Please elaborate.
Old 03-01-18, 05:52 AM
All District

Edgewood has some size 6'6 kid that can block shots and another 6'4 kid that's pretty good within 10 ft. of the hoop. Best player is the SG Kanicki kid can shoot the ball, dropped 44 on Chardon. Not much of a bench and the other 2 guards are okay, doubt that the PG can hold up to the pressure vs Lake or VASJ. Played decent competition in conference but scheduled nobody out of conference. Beat a decent Poland team once. Watched them play the other night vs Jefferson who's terrible this year, take the PG from Jefferson and put him on Edgewood and you could battle Lake, but still not going to beat VASJ. Faceguard Kanicki and Lake wins.
Old 03-01-18, 07:49 AM
All World

Jtown - thank you.
Old 03-01-18, 10:02 AM
Varsity

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchsman View Post
Why is Joe’s a little more motivated to do well? You guys beat us last time. Please elaborate.
He's waiting for Babe to text him back with how to respond to that. Unfortunately, the only way to be heard is to remain silent.
Old 03-01-18, 12:12 PM
All American

I’ll go grab the popcorn

Old 03-01-18, 12:34 PM
All District

CCA Fan is on a distinguished road
Edgewood

We scrimmaged them. They have one of their better teams in past years. Nice size and some shooting. Enough ball handling to overcome average pressure. I think they could beat us 2 or 3 out of 10. Haven't seen them since the start of the season so probably not fair to say but I wouldn't be shocked to see them get to the district finals. Hard to see them beating Lake and VASJ back to back.
Old 03-01-18, 01:02 PM
All World

lchsman - really ?

Old 03-01-18, 01:18 PM
Varsity

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
lchsman - really ?

I'll help him out. What Bball216 is talking about is how the head basketball coach at VASJ, who is an adult with a degree from the United States Military Academy, went on a social media tirade about some teenage kid making a racist post . In turn, Bball216 is suggesting that instead of moving on from this the team will have extra incentive. It's genius actually. Take the spotlight off your indiscretions and own social media missteps and place it elsewhere. A page from the playbook of the battlefield.
Old 03-01-18, 04:07 PM
All World

Would you move on ? Look at you and your band of brothers - have you let anything go ? I find it funny that you want these great student athletes to just forget and sweep it under the rug. That situation was a lot more serious and hurtful then what happens to you and your merry bunch of whiners. You guys keep bringing up the same crap over something that happened long ago and it was only important to a few defectors. Lake can say they are sorry but you don't know how these kids feel unless you are them or if you ask them. Nobody has the power to say all better now except for the people directly effected. So if you don't think there will be a little extra fire in the kids eyes IF the two teams were to meet up I would have to say your crazy. Look at the fire and hate you have for our coach because you did not get your way - and that was so trivial.

Old 03-01-18, 05:58 PM
All Region

James x2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown5 View Post
Edgewood has some size 6'6 kid that can block shots and another 6'4 kid that's pretty good within 10 ft. of the hoop. Best player is the SG Kanicki kid can shoot the ball, dropped 44 on Chardon. Not much of a bench and the other 2 guards are okay, doubt that the PG can hold up to the pressure vs Lake or VASJ. Played decent competition in conference but scheduled nobody out of conference. Beat a decent Poland team once. Watched them play the other night vs Jefferson who's terrible this year, take the PG from Jefferson and put him on Edgewood and you could battle Lake, but still not going to beat VASJ. Faceguard Kanicki and Lake wins.
Poland was like 17-1 and ranked in the top 5 in the AP for whatever that's worth.Aren't they better than just decent?