Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-17, 02:47 PM
All Region

Empty CUP is on a distinguished road
The top league in the country, top DA club players leaving to join the ECNL teams rather than play for DA teams, college coaches prefer dealing with them over US Soccer. Unarguably the ECNL's back is not against any wall.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-17, 03:07 PM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
So CUPs back was against the wall. I dont agree but for sake of argument lets say ok.. So now ECNL's back is against that wall using your standards right??

You know the reality of the situation that both CUP and KHA were in you and I both know that YOU know. There is no way to sugar coat this it is really bad for both CUP and KHA. No one expected this to happen and there was no way to predict this. CDA lost so many of their best players to the rival club (OE) in a rival league (ECNL). Cup has never seen anything like what happened this year and to add insult to injury the only guy who was bringing in all of the talent is leaving. Stop being on the defensive for a second and be honest this is a huge black eye for CUP and the CDA loosing BP. You just don’t find guys like this hanging around and you know that.

Ask yourself these questions Coach. How many players did KHA and CUP combined send to a national team camp prior to BP????????????????? How many players have been sent from both Cup and KHA team since BP has been an official scout for US Soccer???????????????? Math is a simple subject my friend. Not many kids went to national camps before BP. A whole lot were sent to national camps during BP.

I will make this simple again because I tend to over complicate things. The Sole principle a mission of the DA is to create an environment in which you can be seen and given opportunities to the national team. The reason you sacrifice and skip high school and only play one sport and practice 4 days a week for 10 months is to get to the national team. Now all of a sudden the guy who is getting everyone into the national team camps leaves and you are stuck with not one coach who has any experience getting any player to the national team. YOU and I both know that cup/kha has stepped into some S***

Mic Drop……………………………………………..
Old 08-10-17, 03:29 PM
All District

Hoosier Parent is on a distinguished road
I asked once, what the composition of the of the 01/02 DA team was. I know one 01 CUP girl came over to OE. I believe there is a substantial overhaul of the OE 02 and 00 teams.

I'm assuming that the DA is predominantly 01 girls for that age group?

I'm assuming that it's a testament to the strength of the CUP program that they displaced that many OE 02's and 00's.
Old 08-10-17, 06:00 PM
All World

Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post

In regards to the PRE DA it is a glorified 2nd team. The Pre DA is not affiliated with the DA Academy. This is the new CUP Black/ KHA Blue just accept it for what it is. Change is hard and this is what had to happen for these big clubs to survive.
Why say glorified? It IS the 2nd team. I'm confused to the problem over this.

And as for the knucklehead that said a DP player can be designated to any player within the club. Technically that is correct, but there is no reason to believe a club would ever designate a player as a DP from anywhere outside of its 2nd team. Why would it pass over an entire team of players they feel are the next level of talent to pull a lower level kid to play with the DA? That makes no sense whatsoever. And if they did have a player that good to be designated as a DP that was sitting on a low level team, if they even decided to designate the kid as a BP, he will be moved up to the pre-DA team from that point forward. Otherwise that kid's talent isn't being properly developed going forward.

But hey, that same knucklehead continues to spout off anything that pops in his head as long as it's anti-cup, regardless if it has any logic to it.
Old 08-10-17, 09:42 PM
Varsity

soccerfan63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Parent View Post
I asked once, what the composition of the of the 01/02 DA team was. I know one 01 CUP girl came over to OE. I believe there is a substantial overhaul of the OE 02 and 00 teams.

I'm assuming that the DA is predominantly 01 girls for that age group?

I'm assuming that it's a testament to the strength of the CUP program that they displaced that many OE 02's and 00's.

An interesting point.

There is something wrong with this narrative from CUP bashers/OE lovers:

1. OE players are better than CUP players, they play in a tougher league.

2. CUP has lost a lot of elite players to OE bc they do not want to play DA.

Those two statements cannot be simultaneously true.
Old 08-11-17, 07:41 AM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
The top league in the country, top DA club players leaving to join the ECNL teams rather than play for DA teams, college coaches prefer dealing with them over US Soccer. Unarguably the ECNL's back is not against any wall.
And ECNL players leaving to go to DA. In our area I guess the colleges like dealing with US Soccer since CUP has huge numbers going off to play in D1 and other levels that are higher than the local ECNL club. Empty you really need to get facts before you post.

Last edited by coachg; 08-11-17 at 07:57 AM..
Old 08-11-17, 07:47 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapster2017 View Post
You know the reality of the situation that both CUP and KHA were in you and I both know that YOU know. There is no way to sugar coat this it is really bad for both CUP and KHA. No one expected this to happen and there was no way to predict this. CDA lost so many of their best players to the rival club (OE) in a rival league (ECNL). Cup has never seen anything like what happened this year and to add insult to injury the only guy who was bringing in all of the talent is leaving. Stop being on the defensive for a second and be honest this is a huge black eye for CUP and the CDA loosing BP. You just don’t find guys like this hanging around and you know that.

Ask yourself these questions Coach. How many players did KHA and CUP combined send to a national team camp prior to BP????????????????? How many players have been sent from both Cup and KHA team since BP has been an official scout for US Soccer???????????????? Math is a simple subject my friend. Not many kids went to national camps before BP. A whole lot were sent to national camps during BP.

I will make this simple again because I tend to over complicate things. The Sole principle a mission of the DA is to create an environment in which you can be seen and given opportunities to the national team. The reason you sacrifice and skip high school and only play one sport and practice 4 days a week for 10 months is to get to the national team. Now all of a sudden the guy who is getting everyone into the national team camps leaves and you are stuck with not one coach who has any experience getting any player to the national team. YOU and I both know that cup/kha has stepped into some S***

Mic Drop……………………………………………..
Everyone is replaceable including you, me and BP. I am sure like the great club Cincinnati United is they will be just fine and bring someone in that can carry the torch to continue growing and being great. Let me simplify it for you - the sky is not falling and the apocalypse is not happening so chicken little stop running around like it is.
Old 08-11-17, 09:42 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfan63 View Post
An interesting point.

There is something wrong with this narrative from CUP bashers/OE lovers:

1. OE players are better than CUP players, they play in a tougher league.

2. CUP has lost a lot of elite players to OE bc they do not want to play DA.

Those two statements cannot be simultaneously true.
Well they cant admit that number 2 is correct.
Old 08-11-17, 11:16 AM
All District

Quote:
And ECNL players leaving to go to DA. In our area I guess the colleges like dealing with US Soccer since CUP has huge numbers going off to play in D1 and other levels that are higher than the local ECNL club. Empty you really need to get facts before you post.
Ugh coach, once again you've taken an objective post and gone down whatever dark, clueless road you live on.

You have never posted or quoted anything supporting that CUP has more D1 commits than OE. The only post I recollect you making was the CUP announcement showing showing all the D1, D2 and D3 girls from the three CUP teams for the 99's. As I'm sure you don't recall, that was easily refuted by pointing out that the OE class had more power 5 commits for one team than CUP did for three.

Whereas it's fantastic that girls use their soccer acuity to find the school that suits their academic needs, you can hardly use that to suggest CUP is stronger.

It remains to be seen how many of the new OE girls are actually CUP. There was a similar transition on last year's 01's with only 1 or 2 CUP girls.
Old 08-11-17, 11:32 AM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Why are you so hung up on scholarship numbers? Isn't it all about finding the best fit for each individual kid regardless of what level they do or don't choose to play at? If I wanted to go down that route, and I don't, I would bring the quantity vs quality aspect into the discussion.

Don't forget, coach, there are > 370,000 collegiate student athletes. Of that number, somewhere around 99.2% will be going pro in something other than sports after college. With that in mind, isn't a smarter approach to all of this for the student to seek out the best situation for them from an academic standpoint?

Last edited by Rohbino; 08-11-17 at 12:14 PM..
Old 08-11-17, 01:33 PM
All Region

Coach I believe you have to be making these comments that are so absurd on purpose knowing you're so wrong just to stir the pot. You simply could not be that misinformed. If OE were loosing ECNL players to the DA, or if other ECNL clubs were losing multiple players to the DA, it would be a problem. Doesn't really seem to be the case. What did happen is we lost a bunch of the top kids at CUP to OE with the DA and BP still making snake oil promises. He's gone and many remaining parents are wishing they had made the jump the others did. There are a lot of pissed off parents and kids. Especially with tiny dancer taking over Bobby's older teams.

Both I and Hoosier have corrected you on
The college thing so many times it's like your an infant who just won't listen to facts.
Old 08-11-17, 09:53 PM
Junior Varsity

lovesallsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty CUP View Post
Coach I believe you have to be making these comments that are so absurd on purpose knowing you're so wrong just to stir the pot. You simply could not be that misinformed. If OE were loosing ECNL players to the DA, or if other ECNL clubs were losing multiple players to the DA, it would be a problem. Doesn't really seem to be the case. What did happen is we lost a bunch of the top kids at CUP to OE with the DA and BP still making snake oil promises. He's gone and many remaining parents are wishing they had made the jump the others did. There are a lot of pissed off parents and kids. Especially with tiny dancer taking over Bobby's older teams.

Both I and Hoosier have corrected you on
The college thing so many times it's like your an infant who just won't listen to facts.

Well the majority of the best players across the country are playing DA. You can say what you want or what you think you know but players on the National Team and in the National Team Pool were told to play DA and they had until spring to do it. So if they are not doing it now they will be doing it very very soon.

There is nothing wrong with kids choosing to play DA over high. US Soccer will not fail. The DA will become the best overall league in the country. They have the money and the power to make it work. ECNL will still be successful but even the college coaches know the elite players will be in the DA. I know. I have talked to many of them and asked these questions directly. From the Hawks to the Nationals to Tophat. All of their best teams will be playing DA, so their second teams will be in the ECNL.
Old 08-12-17, 12:11 AM
All Region

Oh, well if you say so. All the best players are in the DA. I'll be excited to see Raven in a CDA uniform, what a pleasant surprise that will be. And Pinto is moving to the DA?!?!?! That's exciting!!

And wow US soccer told the girls to play DA. That's an unexpected political move. Or about as surprising as Ellis's game plans. So the 25ish kids per age group are told to play DA. That'll make an impact to DA clubs nation wide. Hahaha.

The F off top kids and parents gave the DA and US Soccer recruiter BP here is the same FU they are getting around the country. Funny how that happens. , and this includes the Hawks, PDA and Eclipse. Perhaps Top Hat is different. We don't know anyone there.

Talked with my oldest daughters college coach just yesterday. He and the other coaches in their Conf really not very interested in the DA.

Last edited by Empty CUP; 08-12-17 at 12:30 AM..
Old 08-12-17, 06:52 AM
Junior Varsity

Again I think the DA will take some time but it will be the top league. The ECNL will continue to be successful because there are tons of really good kids out there. But to say the college coaches don't care about the DA is not true. Most of the top conference coaches from the power 5 conferences have said the DA showcases and events will be on the top of their recruiting lists. And when the rosters come out for all the other clubs I guess we will see who is right about the top kids playing DA. And it might very be different in the top age group vs the younger age groups. I think both playing the DA and playing ECNL are good options. Both will help kids become better players. I know families in other cities that have 1 kid in their family playing DA and one daughter not doing it. Each kid has to make that Decision for themselves. We all just need to stop saying it won't work because let's be honest it will work and it will be s great option for kids.
Old 08-14-17, 07:03 AM
All American

buckshooter5 is on a distinguished road
The worse thing for CUP has happened ~!

Say what you want about BP.
But you will not be able to replace what he has done here!
Doesn't matter who you put in that spot IT WILL NOT BE BP.

Throwing all Caution to the wind and going all in with the DA was a huge mistake for CUP.
No one expected BP to leave.
Especially at this critical time.
CUP has lost a ton of talent all over the city to other clubs and BP was the one who had pulled all those players to CUP.
he underestimated the players, as he thought they would all go DA and they didn't ?

Whoever made the comment that the best players are playing DA is living in a dream world , just as many top players are still playing high school.

The DA is in a very dangerous position right now, too many promises to be National team !
when reality says maybe one or two kids tops from this area ? that leaves a lot of folks scratching their heads and looking for the ROI.

I fear US Soccer has setup the DA across the country to get a few great players to the National teams and they really don't care what happens to the rest.
Old 08-14-17, 09:10 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohbino View Post
Why are you so hung up on scholarship numbers? Isn't it all about finding the best fit for each individual kid regardless of what level they do or don't choose to play at? If I wanted to go down that route, and I don't, I would bring the quantity vs quality aspect into the discussion.

Don't forget, coach, there are > 370,000 collegiate student athletes. Of that number, somewhere around 99.2% will be going pro in something other than sports after college. With that in mind, isn't a smarter approach to all of this for the student to seek out the best situation for them from an academic standpoint?
ROH- Its simple. The OE chest thumpers talk about how college coaches ar enot at National League events and only attend ECNL ones. I believe showing the scholarship numbers are facts that these thumpers cant ignore or argue. I agree seeking out the best fit is far better than worring about a "power 5" school maybe you meant that comment to another poster that seems to be hung up on the "power 5".
Old 08-14-17, 12:26 PM
All District

You're hopeless coach. You keep reiterating the same refuted stuff in hopes that he who talks longest, talks loudest.
Old 08-14-17, 08:03 PM
Junior Varsity

The great thing about it all is every year you can make a decision on what is best for your kid. You can try the DA and if it doesn't fit there is always next year.
Old 08-15-17, 08:26 AM
All Region

Hmmm, I was wrong about the Hawks. My apologies Iloveallsports. Looks like it'll be easy to pick the DA champ next year. It's unfortunate CUP could not get the same following.
Old 08-15-17, 12:20 PM
All American

Rohbino is on a distinguished road
Most of the bigger and better programs across the country that have the luxury of having both GDA and ECNL (Hawks, PDA, Eclipse, NASA Tophat, Blues, etc) will have the top players in the GDA and not the ECNL. That is a fact. Cincinnati is a different type of market. It isn't a big city and there isn't a club in the Cincinnati area that could support both leagues. For the foreseeable future the talent base will be widely divided in Cincinnati.

Losing Bobby hurts the Cincinnati GDA a lot. Anyone that says differently isn't being honest. How the club moves forward and how successful it is will be determined in large part by who Bobby's successor is. Tiffany alone isn't going to cut it. Having Dave Robertson or Mike Litvack take the position would be a huge mistake. Neither is capable. If the club decides to stay in house both Jon Pickup and Kurt Fischer will need to be strongly considered. Future GDA success in Cincinnati will be strongly determined by what happens over the next year. It will either swim or sink.
Old 08-15-17, 12:48 PM
Freshman

pure class is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Most of the bigger and better programs across the country that have the luxury of having both GDA and ECNL (Hawks, PDA, Eclipse, NASA Tophat, Blues, etc) will have the top players in the GDA and not the ECNL. That is a fact. Cincinnati is a different type of market. It isn't a big city and there isn't a club in the Cincinnati area that could support both leagues. For the foreseeable future the talent base will be widely divided in Cincinnati.

Losing Bobby hurts the Cincinnati GDA a lot. Anyone that says differently isn't being honest. How the club moves forward and how successful it is will be determined in large part by who Bobby's successor is. Tiffany alone isn't going to cut it. Having Dave Robertson or Mike Litvack take the position would be a huge mistake. Neither is capable. If the club decides to stay in house both Jon Pickup and Kurt Fischer will need to be strongly considered. Future GDA success in Cincinnati will be strongly determined by what happens over the next year. It will either swim or sink.
I dont think they have an internal candidate to take the reigns. BP was successful because he cultivated relationships across the country and worked tirelessly to advance the club. DR or ML taking his place would sink the club. I think DR is too young and ML is an abrasive loon who is not even liked or respected among his peers in the club. The replacement for BP needs to be a former college coach or someone with some level of WNT coaching experience or both. BP made up for his lack of experience through his dedication and work ethic. He matured and grew a lot during his tenure and the position is now way bigger than any current staff coach or DOC.
Old 08-15-17, 12:55 PM
All Region

Quote:

Could not agree more about Fischer and JP. Been a fan of both for a while. Not sure about JP's relationship with Tiff however.

Also could not agree more about the indignant and diminutive twins. Hopefully DK and SR do the right thing for the kids putting their faith and the parents putting their cash in the DA.
Old 08-15-17, 04:42 PM
Freshman

1000games is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure class View Post
I dont think they have an internal candidate to take the reigns. BP was successful because he cultivated relationships across the country and worked tirelessly to advance the club. DR or ML taking his place would sink the club. I think DR is too young and ML is an abrasive loon who is not even liked or respected among his peers in the club. The replacement for BP needs to be a former college coach or someone with some level of WNT coaching experience or both.

How much do the trolls here really know about Michael Litvack? To give the negative feedback above - it questions your actual ability to give an objective comment. ML is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to soccer. He would be the closest fit to BP from a technical perspective...and I would venture - he could be an upgrade from BP on the technical aspect of training. He has played, knows the game, and knows how to show players what they need to do. He doesn't just yell at players to be better. He tells them HOW to be better - which is what a great coach within the GDA should be able to do. He has more respect from his players than BP did for sure. As for other coaches within the club, their respect for him - or lack of - may be politically motivated. As for his nationwide contacts... I can't speak to that, but I'm sure he'll continue to build his rolodex. Nonetheless, too bad for all the junkies that want to lash out at him, I'm pretty sure he is working on the boys side with CUP's DA attempt there.
Old 08-15-17, 06:29 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
you are never so vulnerable as when you are at the top. seems like for years oe took the brunt of it and now cup is showing its warts with all the in fighting and politics. i dont know how anyone can tell who is the best trainer etc all these folks seem pretty darn qualified to me from both clubs. i reckon it comes down to personal affiliation or observation. and it seems like they all have their personal champions on here as well. good luck kids and parents if you still have young uns playin, its a mess all around. my two cents find the ones that put your kids first and spend less time arguin on a silly website.
Old 08-16-17, 09:48 AM
Freshman

yapster2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
good luck kids and parents if you still have young uns playin, its a mess all around. my two cents find the ones that put your kids first and spend less time arguin on a silly website.
So True
Old 08-17-17, 01:06 PM
All Region

Upper 90 is on a distinguished road
So is Big Brother watching this thread or what? A post seems to be missing.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: