Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Admin > Cuyahoga Falls Black Tigers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-31-08, 09:21 AM
All Ohio

Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Why band parents????

I have a question for a lot of the C Falls band parents. Why do you leave after halftime on Friday night? I can understand you being proud of your kids that are in the band, they are very good, but don't you think it's kind of an insult to the kids on the football team to see a third of the stands empting out after halftime? How would you like it if at halftime every person at the game, that weren't a band parent, stood up and turned their backs to the band until they were done? That would be pretty disrespectful, wouldn't it? That is basicly what you are doing when you leave at halftime.

Also, if I see one more person with a t-shirt that says "It's all about halftime" I won't be responsible for my actions. Think about the stupidity of that saying. Would there even be a halftime if it wasn't for the football team? No!!!! The band is an important part of the Friday night FOOTBALL GAME, but let's get the pecking order right. Can there be a football game without a band? Of course. Can the band play without the football team? Sure, but who besides the parents of the kids in the band are going to pay a dollar to park and six dollars to get in to see them? And, if it is just a band show, is there a "HALFTIME"? I don't think so. It's not really all about halftime is it?

I know all the band parents don't leave at halftime and don't wear those disrespectful shirts, and to those band parents I say thank you for supporting ALL the kids, not just the band kids.

Maybe the team would play a little harder in the second half if when they came out of the locker room they didn't have to see so many people leaving, so if you can't help your self and you just can't stand to support the team as well as the band try to be completly out of the stadium before the boys come back out so they don't have to see the mad rush for the doors. Thank you!
Old 08-31-08, 07:52 PM
Freshman

uomini d'onore is on a distinguished road
Band Supporters

This has been going on for years and it is a disgrace. Imagine what would happen if some of us started wearing shirts with anti-band slogans on them to the games. How fast do you think you would get tossed out of the stadium ? Do you realize that they sell those shirts next to the home concession stand ? This is just another example of what a soft and sissified school system we have. Face it, sports are just not that important in the grand scheme of things in the CF schools.

I wouldn't blame the poor play of the football team on the band people bolting at halftime though. This current team has some serious toughness and aggression issues of their own. Maybe we need to get some of rough characters from the M&Ms and Goldtones to slap our football players around a little and let them know who really dominates things at Falls High.
Old 09-01-08, 02:13 AM
All Ohio

brownandorange is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye29 View Post
I have a question for a lot of the C Falls band parents. Why do you leave after halftime on Friday night? I can understand you being proud of your kids that are in the band, they are very good, but don't you think it's kind of an insult to the kids on the football team to see a third of the stands empting out after halftime? How would you like it if at halftime every person at the game, that weren't a band parent, stood up and turned their backs to the band until they were done? That would be pretty disrespectful, wouldn't it? That is basicly what you are doing when you leave at halftime.

Also, if I see one more person with a t-shirt that says "It's all about halftime" I won't be responsible for my actions. Think about the stupidity of that saying. Would there even be a halftime if it wasn't for the football team? No!!!! The band is an important part of the Friday night FOOTBALL GAME, but let's get the pecking order right. Can there be a football game without a band? Of course. Can the band play without the football team? Sure, but who besides the parents of the kids in the band are going to pay a dollar to park and six dollars to get in to see them? And, if it is just a band show, is there a "HALFTIME"? I don't think so. It's not really all about halftime is it?

I know all the band parents don't leave at halftime and don't wear those disrespectful shirts, and to those band parents I say thank you for supporting ALL the kids, not just the band kids.

Maybe the team would play a little harder in the second half if when they came out of the locker room they didn't have to see so many people leaving, so if you can't help your self and you just can't stand to support the team as well as the band try to be completly out of the stadium before the boys come back out so they don't have to see the mad rush for the doors. Thank you!
Buckeye29, Let's face the facts. 90% of band members are nerds. Therefore probably 90% of band parents are nerds. Nerds do not relate to football. Therefore by halftime without even knowing the score they are ready to go home and have some hot cocoa and read a book before retiring. You are correct. This is very disrespectful.
Old 09-01-08, 11:57 AM
All World

oldline70
Time out.
I understand your frustration. But I played football all thru high school and have kids in the band too. So I love both.
Please don't classify "me" as a nerd because of the combined loyalties (I must be part of the 10% you're talking about).
Also I don't leave at haftime either but I know many communities, Stow and Hudson in particular, experience the same phenomenon.

I feel your pain. But to pigeonhole people as "nerds" because they're in the band, what does that solve and what stigma are you perpetuating? It's just not true anymore.
Old 09-01-08, 11:59 AM
All World

oldline70
I guess I think in general it would be cool if the band actually supported and cared about the football team and the game, and vice versa. But that's shangri-la.
Old 09-02-08, 09:14 AM
All Yappi

Take It 2 Tha Bank is on a distinguished road
Would this even be a topic if Falls was 2-0????? Everyone knows the goofy things that the band people and parents do, but there are some goofy things that football players and teams do too. Look at Tallmadge last year?
Old 09-03-08, 11:40 AM
All District

oldtiger is on a distinguished road
Lazzari

I know he is gone....But I was there when He took the team around the band when they took the field vs Wadsworth.

CFalls 0-2, N. Falls 2-0
Old 09-21-08, 09:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Havingfun4God is on a distinguished road
Newton
Old 09-21-08, 09:41 PM
Junior Varsity

Newton falls will only win two games right Coach Allen.
Old 10-02-08, 11:47 AM
All District

DahBeast is on a distinguished road
They've won just as many at NF as they did together at CF.
Old 10-11-08, 09:02 PM
Junior Varsity

I am not talking about overall idiot. I am talking about this year. I was just saying that Newton Falls being 2-0 was no big deal and not to get your hopes up for a great year. I bet if C. Falls played in the league Newton Falls is in, they would probably do pretty good. I am shocked NF won even 2 games but then again not. They didn't play anyone good the first two games
Old 11-24-08, 10:20 PM
Junior Varsity

Tiger#57 is on a distinguished road
I think it is the most discouraging thing, i play for C-falls and it sucks to see that half of our "fans" have left after half time. I hate it and there iss no excuse for it. If u only come to watch the band play just wait until their concerts and go to them!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-08, 01:25 PM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
simple start playing together and the football fans will come out in groves to all of your games... we can see a change in some of your teammates out there... but until all of you buy into a team concept the same result will follow
Old 11-28-08, 01:11 AM
All Ohio

Are you saying it's okay to totally "Dis" the football team because they aren't winning? Anyone with that attitude is not a fan!!! A TRUE fan sticks with their team though good times and bad.
Old 11-28-08, 05:51 AM
All District

you can find me at the twenty yard line at section F every home game and have only missed two away games the past five years... don't tell me about being a faithful fan please... We stay through the entire games no matter what.... until the entire community pulls for the program in the same direction then the same result will follow
Old 11-28-08, 12:25 PM
All Ohio

I never meant to say that you weren't a fan, but your attitude that seems to be, that it's okay for the band parents to leave after half time because the team isn't winning I totally disagree with. I do agree with you that the entire community needs to show support though, even the band people, because after all, if there's no football team there is no need for a band. It's that simple.
Old 11-29-08, 12:16 AM
Junior Varsity

They've been leaving the games at half for a long time. Its to cold to stay didnt u know. We dont win anyway so why stay right. Thats the attitude of all the band parents leave. But all i have to say is THANK YOU to all of the people who stay anyway....bigticket.....we need more people like u in the stands.
Old 11-29-08, 06:09 PM
All District

thanks tiger..keep your head up you guys will turn it around..I have faith in you guys!
Old 12-06-08, 08:58 PM
Junior Varsity

I know we will, Coach Miller is doing a great job as football coach. falls will be better than anyone thinks in these next few years! I cant wait for this upcoming season.
Old 12-09-08, 02:57 PM
All District

now we need to get more student support to all of the games as well.
Old 01-20-09, 09:08 PM
Junior Varsity

No dout if we get the school behind us we would have a big boost of confidence!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: