Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Admin > Cuyahoga Falls Black Tigers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-27-08, 05:39 PM
All Ohio

Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Youth Cheerleading

I have a step daughter that has made it through "tryouts" to be a C-team cheerleader this year. I'm very proud of her for that, but I think it's terrible that 7 & 8 year old girls have to tryout for 12 spots when last year there were THREE C-teams in the Falls. Why can't each C-team have their own cheerleading squad? Why can't the girls go to away games with the boys? This seems like common sense stuff to me, why can't the people in charge get it? Also, WHY, WHY, WHY is it so damn expensive? I can understand charging the girls the same as the boys, but that's just the beginning for the cheerleaders. Why do 8 year old girls need $54.00 shoes? I could find shoes for $20.00 guarantied! I found out that after we already paid about $100.00 for the registration fee it's going to cost us about another $250.00 for all the other "MANDITORY" crap they need. What is youth cheerleading about? Is it a fashion show, or is it for the girls to have fun? How fun is it for a girl to make the team and then her parents have to tell her that she can't cheer because it's too expensive? If I sound mad, I am! There is a major double standard between the boys and girls in this organization. Come on guys, gas is coming up on $4.00/gal. Who cares if all the girls have three matching warmup suits and fancy shoes? Just let them ALL cheer, and let them ALL have fun. An 8 year old girl doesn't care if she's wearing $54.00 shoes or $10.00 shoes. I'd like to call on John Romano to fix this and get these "Cheer Natzis" in check. Just ask yourself this, do the boys have to "tryout"? Do the boys have to have all "matching" shoes and warmup suits and gym bags, etc....? Let's get someone in charge of the cheerleaders with some common sense!!!!

Last edited by Buckeye29; 04-27-08 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-30-08, 10:55 AM
All World

Irish87
Buckeye,

you make some very good points. For the life of me, I can not understand why anybody would "cut" Chearleaders ages 7 or 8. Wake up people. They're 7 and 8 years old!!!!!!!

I nominate Buckeye to be Cheer Director for the 2009.
Old 04-30-08, 11:41 AM
All Yappi

GRPride86 is on a distinguished road
Boy,

If you think coaching is tuff, go ahead and try your hand at Cheer Director, you might be pulling back a stubb.
Old 04-30-08, 06:30 PM
All Ohio

I would like to appologize for the "cheer nazi" comment. I still think everything I wrote, but I was mad when I posted it and I should not have called anyone names. Also, I DO NOT want to be cheer director, I really don't have the time. Thanks anyways Irish.
Old 10-28-08, 06:53 PM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
if we have three c-teams there we should have a couple of squads there as well. But lets give the director a little break on this.. she had some issues this year with trying to get reliable coaches this year from the high school she has always counted on in the past. the schedule there at the high school changed so she had to adjust her plans at the last minute.. if she had help from the moms whom may have had experience with cheerleading.. then we possibly could've had more squads.. and yes she does not like making cuts at that age either... just some insight for ya
Old 11-03-08, 06:47 PM
All Ohio

It's been the same every year that I was there, and she would have more than enough help from the moms if she'd let them. I realize that highschool girls as coaches can be unreliable, but every practice I was at there were at least five or six moms there working with the girls until there coaches got there. There has been three C-teams for at least the last three years and never more than one C-team cheer squad. That doesn't even address why it's so expensive. Tell me, why do eight year old girls need $50.00 cheer shoes? Or another $150.00 worth of crap in their matching gym bags? They are just little girls wanting to have fun cheering. What kind of flack would football coach get if he said that every boy on his team had to have the exact same $50.00 shoes?
Old 11-04-08, 10:26 AM
All Ohio

Smashmouth#1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye29 View Post
It's been the same every year that I was there, and she would have more than enough help from the moms if she'd let them. I realize that highschool girls as coaches can be unreliable, but every practice I was at there were at least five or six moms there working with the girls until there coaches got there. There has been three C-teams for at least the last three years and never more than one C-team cheer squad. That doesn't even address why it's so expensive. Tell me, why do eight year old girls need $50.00 cheer shoes? Or another $150.00 worth of crap in their matching gym bags? They are just little girls wanting to have fun cheering. What kind of flack would football coach get if he said that every boy on his team had to have the exact same $50.00 shoes?
I think his manhood would be questioned!!!!!!

I totally understand your point here buckeye. The money spent on cheer is insane. I'm not defending anyone here but it has to do with the fact that it is part of the sport and they are graded on matching and that stuff at competition.
Old 11-04-08, 10:33 AM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
we have had three c-teams there for at least the past eight years.. and smash is right, the squads are more uniformed for those reasons... maybe a need for more affordable things would be better.. but for football players it doesn't matter as long as they have proper equipment. I always thought that cheerleading was expensive for as long as memory serves me..right?
Old 11-20-08, 06:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashmouth#1 View Post
I think his manhood would be questioned!!!!!!

I totally understand your point here buckeye. The money spent on cheer is insane. I'm not defending anyone here but it has to do with the fact that it is part of the sport and they are graded on matching and that stuff at competition.
C-team cheerleaders do not go to competitions. I believe only JV and varsity do competitions.
Old 11-20-08, 06:38 PM
All World

MyKids58 is on a distinguished road
I agree with the rest of you. Cheering should be a fun way for a 7-13 year old girl to be part of the team. There will be tryouts in HS, until then, any girl that signs up should cheer, period. I saw $54 shoes turn into crap shoes on a muddy field at Ellet. They shouldn't have to spend that much extra money on this stuff. Yes, I buy my boy gloves, collars, girdles, shoes every season, but I don't have to if I don't want to. Plus, I'm trying to protect him from injury. And he looks good handling #31 on Springfield's A squad he-he.

I have a daughter that will enter 2nd grade next season so I'm not looking forward to spending the dough.
Old 11-20-08, 08:58 PM
All Ohio

You better start saving for it now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: