Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 03-18-19, 02:29 PM
StSebastian StSebastian is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-14-16
Posts: 266
StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doon2625 View Post
I played eons ago for the Middletown Middies.... played with a chip... was not a good ball player...just hustled... got me in some tough situations... remember a tournament game in Oxford.... a fiery Asian ref told me before the game... cool it or I will throw you out... we shook hands, but I didn't challenge him at all because he had T'd me up twice during the regular season.
Probably Yoshimura. Sounds like something he would do. He was a PHENOMENAL official!
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 03-18-19, 06:25 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 614
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
I second that. If he replaced that slow down/speed up move with something more efficient, at least 55% of the time, I do not see why he does not pass Kennard and push Diebler’s record.

Ville has the coaching, the height, an all-state player surrounded by players that would be the go to guy at any other school in Ohio. What else could they possibly want?

Great year, Ville. Enjoy the upcoming ride. We know how fast it goes.
Kennard was 6'5" with not much talent around him playing D2/D3 basketball. Cupps will be lucky to hit 6'0" and has too much talent around him including 3 PGs on the roster already. Unless he gets bigger and stronger, I think it is most likely he will play JV and dress varsity. He might be the backup by year end.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 03-18-19, 06:55 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Kennard was 6'5" with not much talent around him playing D2/D3 basketball. Cupps will be lucky to hit 6'0" and has too much talent around him including 3 PGs on the roster already. Unless he gets bigger and stronger, I think it is most likely he will play JV and dress varsity. He might be the backup by year end.
The youngster is in the best possible place he can be. His dad, and Coach’s circle friends/coaches, will manage him very well. With the out of conference schedule that Ville plays the JV time will be quality. Plus, he plays top quality AAU competition. It is all good.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 03-19-19, 08:01 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 614
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
The youngster is in the best possible place he can be. His dad, and Coach’s circle friends/coaches, will manage him very well. With the out of conference schedule that Ville plays the JV time will be quality. Plus, he plays top quality AAU competition. It is all good.
He will be a very good player without a doubt, and Cupps is a great coach. How he handles all of that talent while playing his kid will be interesting. Being the head coach's kid is a tough spot for the coach and the kid

Last edited by ELK Strong; 03-19-19 at 02:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 03-19-19, 08:21 PM
Talk some sense Talk some sense is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-16
Posts: 75
Talk some sense is on a distinguished road
Bizzaro world

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
He will be a very good player without a doubt, and Cupps is a great coach. How he handles all of that talent while playing his kid will be interesting. Being the head coach's kid is a tough spot for the coach and the kid
Will likely be the exact opposite of Staley and son. Good player played appropriately vs. terrible player played like daddy ball with an attitude. Ruin my (meaning Jim) last few years of legacy - well ok even if he cant guard anyone and jacks three from wherever.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 03-19-19, 08:35 PM
Justice Justice is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-05-17
Posts: 99
Justice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltkcman View Post
Cupps son will start, break all of Kennard's records, and Ville will go to state next 4 years
Foolish comments.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 03-20-19, 07:19 AM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 614
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk some sense View Post
Will likely be the exact opposite of Staley and son. Good player played appropriately vs. terrible player played like daddy ball with an attitude. Ruin my (meaning Jim) last few years of legacy - well ok even if he cant guard anyone and jacks three from wherever.
I agree. Cupps will have an "embarrassment of riches" for the next few years. I am excited to see what he can do when he can go 8-10 deep with little or no drop off. Feeling a state championship.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 03-20-19, 08:28 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,196
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I agree. Cupps will have an "embarrassment of riches" for the next few years. I am excited to see what he can do when he can go 8-10 deep with little or no drop off. Feeling a state championship.
Moeller by 18-20 again and again.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 03-20-19, 08:34 AM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,447
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I agree. Cupps will have an "embarrassment of riches" for the next few years. I am excited to see what he can do when he can go 8-10 deep with little or no drop off. Feeling a state championship.
They will be good as they have been. But there are several other teams in area who will be just as good
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 03-20-19, 09:52 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,196
birdog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
They will be good as they have been. But there are several other teams in area who will be just as good
I think that's a fair statement. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 03-20-19, 05:56 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 614
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
They will be good as they have been. But there are several other teams in area who will be just as good
Springfield & Wayne can compete but a combined Centerville will consistently beat these teams in HS.
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 03-20-19, 05:57 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 614
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdog View Post
Moeller by 18-20 again and again.
I will take that bet! Let's chat in 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 03-20-19, 06:19 PM
catscatscats catscatscats is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-08-06
Location: 2010 gwoc co-champs
Posts: 7,447
catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Springfield & Wayne can compete but a combined Centerville will consistently beat these teams in HS.
We shall see. Just remember this senior class for Wayne lost maybe 1 or 2 games in middle school. This senior class for Springfield maybe won a total of 8 games in middle school a lot changes in 5 years
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 03-20-19, 06:36 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Springfield & Wayne can compete but a combined Centerville will consistently beat these teams in HS.
I watched the 8th grade final. CVille’s PG played a very good game, especially in the first half. When Wayne put the athlete (very good player) on him, at 100, the game changed. The Wayne athlete (PG)will have to be accounted for in the future. That is just comparing that one position.

SW Ohio basketball may be rising from the ashes.

Last edited by HardCorps; 03-20-19 at 07:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 03-20-19, 07:35 PM
nwwarrior09 nwwarrior09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: Springfield/Dayton
Posts: 7,162
nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I don't know about rising from the ashes. A lot of the perennial powers were just down this year after being loaded last year.

Middle school basketball is middle school basketball. You can read into it what you want; ultimately, kids have to continue to grow, get stronger/faster and further develop skills to continue winning. I can think of kids that were studs four years ago that you definitely wouldn't call studs now as juniors or seniors.

As cats mentioned, the Springfield senior class was not very good in junior high. I know this was a down year in SWO, but the same class ended up producing the two best players on a team that won league and district championships, and could very conceivably beat anyone in the region but Moeller. A lot can change, both good and bad, over four years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nwwarrior09; 03-20-19 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 03-20-19, 07:48 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I don't know about rising from the ashes. A lot of the perennial powers were just down this year after being loaded last year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I am referring to the whole region. Wayne was a power, no doubt, with Coach Trice. There are other teams, in my opinion, besides Springfield, Wayne, and the rest of the GWOC, in division 1, that make up the SW Region.

Is Coach Trice going to come back to boys basketball?
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 03-20-19, 09:05 PM
ELK Strong ELK Strong is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-08-15
Posts: 614
ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I don't know about rising from the ashes. A lot of the perennial powers were just down this year after being loaded last year
I am not sure I see how the SW OH region was down this year. Moeller should win D1, Trotwood should win D2, and Purcell Marian should win D3. It looks like a pretty strong showing to me.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 03-20-19, 09:11 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=ELK Strong;7283276]I am not sure I see how the SW OH region was down this year. Moeller should win D1, Trotwood should win D2, and Purcell Marian should win D3. It looks like a pretty strong showing to me.[/QUOTE
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 03-20-19, 09:45 PM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,822
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=HardCorps;7283285]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
I am not sure I see how the SW OH region was down this year. Moeller should win D1, Trotwood should win D2, and Purcell Marian should win D3. It looks like a pretty strong showing to me.[/QUOTE
And the the fall off after that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 03-21-19, 07:16 AM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,989
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Philly_Cat;7283319]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
And the the fall off after that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Kinda hard to maintain 82-4 and 3 Final 4's in a row for Moeller and hopefully back-to-back titles. There will be a fall-off, but never count out Kremer and Big Moe, its not like the cupboard is bare.
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 03-21-19, 07:46 AM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Rabbit;7283419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly_Cat View Post

Kinda hard to maintain 82-4 and 3 Final 4's in a row for Moeller and hopefully back-to-back titles. There will be a fall-off, but never count out Kremer and Big Moe, its not like the cupboard is bare.
I never said anything about counting moeller out. As a matter of fact, I have stated the obvious about their dominance and I have predicted victory. With that being said, no matter how much you think moeller deserves to win all of their games, due to their vastly superior coaches, vastly superior players, vastly superior work ethic, vastly superior basketball iq, vastly superior athletes, and vastly superior skill training techniques, the boys of moeller will come back to earth. Everyone will ask, you built it, why are they not coming?
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 03-21-19, 08:02 AM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,989
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=HardCorps;7283453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

I never said anything about counting moeller out. As a matter of fact, I have stated the obvious about their dominance and I have predicted victory. With that being said, no matter how much you think moeller deserves to win all of their games, due to their vastly superior coaches, vastly superior players, vastly superior work ethic, vastly superior basketball iq, vastly superior athletes, and vastly superior skill training techniques, the boys of moeller will come back to earth. Everyone will ask, you built it, why are they not coming?
I wasn't responding to you, unless your PhillyCat as well? Anyone with half a brain doesn't respond to you!
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 03-21-19, 08:14 AM
birdog birdog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-09-06
Posts: 1,196
birdog is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=HardCorps;7283453]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

I never said anything about counting moeller out. As a matter of fact, I have stated the obvious about their dominance and I have predicted victory. With that being said, no matter how much you think moeller deserves to win all of their games, due to their vastly superior coaches, vastly superior players, vastly superior work ethic, vastly superior basketball iq, vastly superior athletes, and vastly superior skill training techniques, the boys of moeller will come back to earth. Everyone will ask, you built it, why are they not coming?
I agree with most everything here.






Except for the last sentence of course. GBM
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 03-21-19, 10:33 AM
Philly_Cat Philly_Cat is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-11-13
Posts: 3,822
Philly_Cat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post



Kinda hard to maintain 82-4 and 3 Final 4's in a row for Moeller and hopefully back-to-back titles. There will be a fall-off, but never count out Kremer and Big Moe, its not like the cupboard is bare.
I meant the fall off from the top regional teams in each division to the rest of the pack. All SWO teams would sweep the state championships and the region still be significantly down, as it is. Just because a single team is a state champion doesn't mean the rest after it aren't lacking in talent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 03-21-19, 11:19 AM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Rabbit;7283464]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post

I wasn't responding to you, unless your PhillyCat as well? Anyone with half a brain doesn't respond to you!
Is it not precious knowing that we have another internet tough guy?

With the half of a brain that you have left, work on your grammar, please.

Last edited by HardCorps; 03-21-19 at 11:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 03-21-19, 07:12 PM
Rabbit Rabbit is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-23-03
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,989
Rabbit is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=HardCorps;7283625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

Is it not precious knowing that we have another internet tough guy?

With the half of a brain that you have left, work on your grammar, please.
As always, you call someone an internet hard-guy and try to insult their intelligence? At least your consistent.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 03-21-19, 09:09 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 546
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
They will be good as they have been. But there are several other teams in area who will be just as good
Did Ra’Heim Moss sign with anyone for football or basketball?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Centerville Football 2018 Recap and 2019 Future ELKSONE Football 39 11-02-18 07:36 AM
Huber Heights Wayne 35 Centerville 21 vamp2syd Football 7 09-29-18 11:50 AM
Centerville Elks 2018 ELK Strong Football 103 08-31-18 09:59 AM
Challenge Game (9/29): Centerville (5-0) at Wayne (4-1) WarriorOne Football 164 10-02-17 09:01 PM
WK 5 : Centerville (4-0) vs. Springboro (1-3) ELK Strong Football 83 09-22-17 09:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz