Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-09-19, 07:37 AM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
Without question one of the better pitching staffs in the area. Hoping they have their worst outings on April 29th and 30th.
Keep dreaming they will be ready for Butler and will make them look silly. Get out the brooms.
Old 04-09-19, 07:39 AM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Most Tipp City posters: Replace Short man with Small school. It is the same concept.
Talk to me after we go undefeated in the GWOC. Tipp will be playing much longer than BUTTler in the tournament. Ain’t that a buggaboo when small schools like Tipp beat up on all those big GWOC boys.
Old 04-09-19, 08:28 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
Keep dreaming they will be ready for Butler and will make them look silly. Get out the brooms.
Are you being serious? Of all sports, baseball is probably the dumbest one to try and trash talk about. *Most* average to above average teams can beat anyone on any given day.

Tipp will have games where they don't hit well. I'm sure Butler has a decent 1 and 2 starting pitchers, so dropping a low scoring game isn't out of the question.

If you've played baseball at any decent competitive level, you would know that what I stated above can happen. Having confidence is fine, but what you are stating is blatant arrogance assuming Tipp will simply crush Butler. Is Tipp better than Butler overall? Possibly. But that doesn't mean they'll "make them look silly."
Old 04-09-19, 04:20 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Kenten Egbert with another stellar pitching performance. 2 hit complete game with 14 K’s! That’s 30 strikeouts for him in his last two starts. His last 14 innings he has thrown he has given up just 4 hits with 1 earned run and 30 K’s
Old 04-09-19, 04:54 PM
All American

According to the Tipp AD there were 5 scouts from the MLB in attendance at Fifth Third last night. Egbert was consistently hitting 90 MPH on his fastball
Old 04-10-19, 06:10 AM
Junior Varsity

Pappy2016 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Talk to me after we go undefeated in the GWOC. Tipp will be playing much longer than BUTTler in the tournament. Ainít that a buggaboo when small schools like Tipp beat up on all those big GWOC boys.
Did they just lose to Piqua?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-19, 08:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy2016 View Post
Did they just lose to Piqua?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yes, that guy has no idea what he is talking about. Tipp has the best 1-2 pitching duo in the North, but they have 3 seniors total and a ton of sophomores on the varsity. The will have a winning record but they arenít going to be as good as they have been in the last few years
Old 04-10-19, 09:47 AM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Yes, that guy has no idea what he is talking about. Tipp has the best 1-2 pitching duo in the North, but they have 3 seniors total and a ton of sophomores on the varsity. The will have a winning record but they aren’t going to be as good as they have been in the last few years
Hmm TippisGreat is starting to sound less Tippy. What a pleasant change :-) The previous Tipp dude is the sterotype.

Good learning year, and they will stay competitive. If the schedule breaks the right way they can win a lot of games. Once VB flame gas can comes back, they can make a run to. VB can win a lot of games also with down talent just with a great coaching and one great pitcher.

Baseball post season is so weird, its almost if you can get a lucky schedule break. And one game is not enough to decide who is better in baseball. I wish each championship round was a best of 3 starting with sectional finals. We could do that in one day couldn't we? How awesome would that be? A pitcher has a pitch count for the whole day, but can be sub in once per inning. (I just fixed HS baseball!!!!) (I guess most schools would run out of pitchers I guess, but that is part of the "test") Kids now days play 5 games a day in AAU
Old 04-10-19, 05:46 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Haven't played nobody yet. The teams they beaten are 12-23. They will get destroyed by Tipp and Troy and I bet a day's wage they lose at least one to Greenville.
You done running your mouth yet? 0-2 on hot takes in this thread alone.

1. Tipp lost so there goes your undfetaed boast.
2. Butler beat Greenville both games and not just beat I mean BEAT 36-1 in two games.

Like others have said baseball is a funny game so it's hard to say a team will or wont lose on a given day. I think it's safe to say that Troy is better than Greenville but lost to them. I think it's safe to say that Tipp is better than Piqua but they lost to them and that was with Yunker on the mound. Anything can happen on any given day. Heck everyone had Butler losing all year and here they are 8-2 after 10 games. The schedule is back loaded though so we will see how it goes. As for Tipp you have two really good pitchers a great coach and nice team. Don't be a butt about just enjoy it and hope that it all comes together against Troy and Butler.
Old 04-11-19, 08:56 AM
All American

Boro20
Should be a fun one today with Troy heading south to play Springboro.
Old 04-12-19, 07:52 AM
All American

Quote:
Talk to me after we go undefeated in the GWOC. Tipp will be playing much longer than BUTTler in the tournament. Ainít that a buggaboo when small schools like Tipp beat up on all those big GWOC boys.
You are an idiot. Should I wait and talk to you after your one loss season?
Old 04-12-19, 12:53 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
According to the Tipp AD there were 5 scouts from the MLB in attendance at Fifth Third last night. Egbert was consistently hitting 90 MPH on his fastball
So, how does a Wilmington Student, hear directly from the Tipp AD????
Old 04-12-19, 12:55 PM
All District

Quote:
Egbert was really good. Was consistently upper 80's. Hit 90 a couple of times, including in the 5th inning. What was even better was his off-speed stuff at about 72. That's deadly!!!
Old 04-15-19, 06:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
So, how does a Wilmington Student, hear directly from the Tipp AD????
He posted about it on Facebook.
Old 04-15-19, 06:38 PM
All American

Kenten Egbert with another stellar performance. Complete game 1 hit shutout with 15 K’s! In his last 3 games he has pitched 3 complete games, given up only 7 hits in 21 innings and has struck out 45. That’s a little over 2 strikeouts per inning. At this pace it’s hard not to think he could be in contention for D2 player of the year
Old 04-16-19, 12:08 PM
All American

Quote:
Kenten Egbert with another stellar performance. Complete game 1 hit shutout with 15 Kís! In his last 3 games he has pitched 3 complete games, given up only 7 hits in 21 innings and has struck out 45. Thatís a little over 2 strikeouts per inning. At this pace itís hard not to think he could be in contention for D2 player of the year
Whats up with the offense only scoring 4 against Greenville? Did you get their #1? The other teams are hitting them much harder.
Old 04-16-19, 12:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Whats up with the offense only scoring 4 against Greenville? Did you get their #1? The other teams are hitting them much harder.
The offense this year is the worst I can remember it being in over 10 years. If it wasnít for Kenten and Ianís pitching Iím not sure this team would win 10 games. Tipp has only scored 57 runs but have only give up 40 which is 3rd best in GWOC. There is almost no power in this lineup, as a team Tipp only has 4 doubles and 1 triple in 12 games. Tipp is incredibly lucky to have great pitching or they would have been looking at their first losing season since 1994. Which is hard to believe Tipp hasnít had a losing season in baseball in 25 years. I find it odd that Tipp has had two JV players hit home runs this year and yet both those players are still on the JV, when considering how bad at hitting the varsity team is. Granted, they are still very young, with all but 3 players playing in their first varsity season, hopefully the hitting will improve, because if it doesnít, itís gonna be hard for Kenten and Ian to carry the team. Although itís looking like Kenten can. Sorry for the little rant
Old 04-16-19, 01:16 PM
All American

https://pressprosmagazine.com/as-egb...quiets-gville/

Great article on Kenten and the game last night. According to the article there was at least 1 MLB scout their last night and Kenten had a no hitter until he gave up 1 hit in the top of the 7th
Old 04-16-19, 07:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
The offense this year is the worst I can remember it being in over 10 years. If it wasnít for Kenten and Ianís pitching Iím not sure this team would win 10 games. Tipp has only scored 57 runs but have only give up 40 which is 3rd best in GWOC. There is almost no power in this lineup, as a team Tipp only has 4 doubles and 1 triple in 12 games. Tipp is incredibly lucky to have great pitching or they would have been looking at their first losing season since 1994. Which is hard to believe Tipp hasnít had a losing season in baseball in 25 years. I find it odd that Tipp has had two JV players hit home runs this year and yet both those players are still on the JV, when considering how bad at hitting the varsity team is. Granted, they are still very young, with all but 3 players playing in their first varsity season, hopefully the hitting will improve, because if it doesnít, itís gonna be hard for Kenten and Ian to carry the team. Although itís looking like Kenten can. Sorry for the little rant
With Egbert pitching seems like they just need a run. Offense typically comes along as the season progresses. I think Tipp will be fine.
Old 04-16-19, 07:51 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
With Egbert pitching seems like they just need a run. Offense typically comes along as the season progresses. I think Tipp will be fine.
Speaking of, they scored 22 runs today against Greenville
Old 04-16-19, 08:32 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Speaking of, they scored 22 runs today against Greenville
Looks like there was a two point conversion in there somewhere.
Old 04-17-19, 06:47 AM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Good win for Troy yesterday knocking off Centerville 10-6
Old 04-17-19, 08:40 AM
All American

Quote:
They have some good hitters. They should peak in the playoffs if there younger. It i think its going to be some very exciting last week of regular season games like last year. I think the top is down the "same", so the games might be very competitive. I would love to see VB #1 vs Tipp #1, wow. Troy is always underrated in baseball, I have no idea why. Their solid.
Old 04-18-19, 12:36 PM
All Ohio

Troy series will be big for both Butler and Tipp. Tipp took a bad loss to Piqua which could effect them down the road especially if they lose on to Troy. Xenia is a wildcard for Butler. I hear they have a stud pitcher who I am sure will be saved for Butler. Butler cannot trip up there they must beat Xenia. I expect Butler to split with Troy and Tipp so we could have a logjam at the top of the division. Just depends on how it all shakes out. Butler still has a lot of question marks at pitcher from what I can tell on the GWOC stats site. Looks like a lot of guys throwing with no real top guys except for maybe Hall. It says Norman has pitched two games but that ERA is way up so obviously still on the road to recovery.
Old 04-19-19, 08:37 AM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Troy series will be big for both Butler and Tipp. Tipp took a bad loss to Piqua which could effect them down the road especially if they lose on to Troy. Xenia is a wildcard for Butler. I hear they have a stud pitcher who I am sure will be saved for Butler. Butler cannot trip up there they must beat Xenia. I expect Butler to split with Troy and Tipp so we could have a logjam at the top of the division. Just depends on how it all shakes out. Butler still has a lot of question marks at pitcher from what I can tell on the GWOC stats site. Looks like a lot of guys throwing with no real top guys except for maybe Hall. It says Norman has pitched two games but that ERA is way up so obviously still on the road to recovery.
Pitching has actually been a nice surprise given the question marks heading into the season. Not the traditional approach of previous seasons but it has worked out well to this point. Norman made his first start Thursday and looked good. The Aviators are playing good baseball, just have to keep grinding.
Old 04-19-19, 09:25 AM
All American

Good discussion topic would be who is a better pitcher Norman or Egbert
Old 04-20-19, 08:02 AM
All American

Quote:
Hoping things work out where we can see that matchup in the series coming up.

I am sensing another first place tie approaching.
Old 04-21-19, 10:04 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Hard to say really. Looks like stats are pretty similar for both through previous years. Velocity is pretty even to. This year you have to go with Egbert consideirng he has had a healthy season. Norman is coming off Tommy John surgery and has just started throwing again so not equal footing. A true 'matchup" won't be happening. Looks like Norman is on a pretty strict pitch count of an inning or two. Both have bright futures playing DI ball at the next level so cool to see two good arms representing the north division.
Old 04-22-19, 12:58 PM
All District

Predictions on the Tipp vs. Troy series this week?

Will Troy throw their #1 today against Egbert or take their chances with their #1 against Tipp's #2?
Old 04-22-19, 06:34 PM
Freshman

ButlerBall2019 is on a distinguished road
With Tipp winning tonight 11-0, that gives Troy 3 losses and all but takes them out of the running. They would have to beat Tipp tomorrow and then hope to sweep Butler. Even then they would still need help. It looks like it will be Tipp vs butler to determine the GWOC north champion. With the way butler is playing baseball, they will be a tough beat. Tipp will most likely need help from someone to steal a game from Butler so they can split and Tie for the north. Mark your calendars from the 29th and 30th, you won’t want to miss Butler Vs Tipp.