Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-30-19, 05:41 AM
All District

BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Who pitched for Tipp???

Egbert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-19, 06:17 AM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
If you had told me going in the Tipp throws Egbert and they put up 7 I would have thought Tipp wins without question. Credit to Dues and the Aviators, they lit Egbert up for nine runs (8 earned). Both teams crushed the ball with 13 hits each. Today should be another good one.
Old 04-30-19, 06:03 PM
All District

Old 04-30-19, 07:47 PM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Sweep Tipp. Tough test with Troy. Coach Dues overall one of his best coaching jobs.
Old 04-30-19, 09:13 PM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
Sweep Tipp. Tough test with Troy. Coach Dues overall one of his best coaching jobs.
Right on about Coach Dues. This was supposed to be a down year especially with no ace since Norman missed the first part of the season and is on a 30 pitch max right now. He and his staff have got this team rolling. Tipp was a heckuva team so that was a big sweep. Springboro, Troy and Kenton Ridge will be tough outs too.
Old 05-01-19, 06:33 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by latti6935a View Post
Talk to me after we go undefeated in the GWOC. Tipp will be playing much longer than BUTTler in the tournament. Ainít that a buggaboo when small schools like Tipp beat up on all those big GWOC boys.
This aged well.

Tipp now in 3rd place in the division at 9-4 (11-9 overall) and essentially no chance to win a title unless they make a postseason run.
Old 05-01-19, 07:36 AM
Hail To The Aviators

ButlerAviator83 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Right on about Coach Dues. This was supposed to be a down year especially with no ace since Norman missed the first part of the season and is on a 30 pitch max right now. He and his staff have got this team rolling. Tipp was a heckuva team so that was a big sweep. Springboro, Troy and Kenton Ridge will be tough outs too.
That’s why Butler will ALWAYS be in the conversation each and every year. Dues, Bardo, Clark and Thompson always get the most out of their guys. Regardless of talent level, public opinion, etc they will get their guys ready to compete.

I was concerned about pitching coming in but what the guys have done with their opportunities on the mound has been incredible. The offense has been a nice complement as well. A young team with a bright future! This team is definitely playing well as a unit and it’s been a lot of fun to watch!
Old 05-01-19, 07:57 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerAviator83 View Post
Thatís why Butler will ALWAYS be in the conversation each and every year. Dues, Bardo, Clark and Thompson always get the most out of their guys. Regardless of talent level, public opinion, etc they will get their guys ready to compete.

I was concerned about pitching coming in but what the guys have done with their opportunities on the mound has been incredible. The offense has been a nice complement as well. A young team with a bright future! This team is definitely playing well as a unit and itís been a lot of fun to watch!
Well said. It has come down to the last week two years in a row now, that will probably be the norm going forward. I do not think VB can run off the 15 year straight they went on with Tipp around, but there still the watermark/class for the league and all are looking up until someone locks it down for 3-5 years in a row.

Baseball is going to be super exciting going forward with the Tipp, VB and Troy and the occasional bounce from schools like Greenville.
Old 05-01-19, 08:04 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
Forecast doesn't look like Butler and Tipp will be playing this week.
Freedom,

Your weather forecasting is as good as Tipp city posters claim of dominance!

Old 05-01-19, 08:08 AM
All District

Tippisgreat must be doing finals because he has been real quiet or he is worried about his job with a new AD coming in. Lol!

Old 05-01-19, 04:55 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post
Tippisgreat must be doing finals because he has been real quiet or he is worried about his job with a new AD coming in. Lol!

Maybe heís still searching the outfield for the phantom ball that Butler used in the pickoff play at 2nd.
Old 05-01-19, 05:00 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Freedom,

Your weather forecasting is as good as Tipp city posters claim of dominance!

This is true and Iím still as accurate as the meteorologists.
Old 05-07-19, 09:15 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Kenten Egbert threw a perfect game last night in a 5 inning run rule of Stebbins. I believe he is now the only Tipp pitcher ever with a no-hitter and a perfect game
Old 05-07-19, 01:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Kenten Egbert threw a perfect game last night in a 5 inning run rule of Stebbins. I believe he is now the only Tipp pitcher ever with a no-hitter and a perfect game
I know he is top notch didn’t have his best stuff against Butler. I was really impressed with Yunker he pitched a darn good game and didn’t deserve getting saddled with the L.
Old 05-08-19, 08:11 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I think Vandalia pretty much lost everyone and will be in rebuild mode. They will finish behind Tipp and Troy.
Not going to hold this against you because most everyone agreed. I just point it out because this team wasnít supposed to be this good. Kudos to Dues and his team. Wowzers!
Old 05-19-19, 07:54 AM
All American

This is related to next year but Centerville’s second best hitter Ryan Stahl, a junior, will be playing at Tipp next year. He is originally from Tipp and his family is moving back to Tipp
Old 05-19-19, 11:34 AM
All American

Quote:
This is related to next year but Centervilleís second best hitter Ryan Stahl, a junior, will be playing at Tipp next year. He is originally from Tipp and his family is moving back to Tipp
Good, they need better players.
Old 05-19-19, 11:59 AM
All American

Quote:
Good, they need better players.
They are extremely young, their third starter is a true freshman
Old 05-19-19, 01:25 PM
All Ohio

Next year will be interesting as Butler also has a young team with alot of sophomores playing key roles.
Old 05-19-19, 02:02 PM
All District

Quote:
They are extremely young, their third starter is a true freshman

Thereís always next year. I thought you had them not loosing a game in the North this year. You really need to just worry about your studies instead of all of your predictions. You are the typical Tipp fan that gives Tipp such the bad rep. Always bragging and talking about how great you guys are at everything and realistically you guys are good some years and not so good other years just like every other school.

Old 05-19-19, 03:30 PM
All American

Quote:
Thereís always next year. I thought you had them not loosing a game in the North this year. You really need to just worry about your studies instead of all of your predictions. You are the typical Tipp fan that gives Tipp such the bad rep. Always bragging and talking about how great you guys are at everything and realistically you guys are good some years and not so good other years just like every other school.

That wasnít me, if you had actually read the whole thread youíd realize that was Latti and I was very real about Tippís team this year. Your mislead and angry for no reason
Old 05-19-19, 03:34 PM
All American

Quote:

But to your point Tipp is 17-10 this year which is there worst record since 2007. Your point that Tipp baseball is good some years and not good other years is a false premise and itís just your attempt to discredit Tipp. Which is obvious after you went at me for something another poster said, which shows your misinformed
Old 05-20-19, 06:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
But to your point Tipp is 17-10 this year which is there worst record since 2007. Your point that Tipp baseball is good some years and not good other years is a false premise and itís just your attempt to discredit Tipp. Which is obvious after you went at me for something another poster said, which shows your misinformed
Tipp hasn't had a losing record since 1994. From 1995-2018, they've averaged a 22-7 record each year.

Interestingly enough, that 2007 team that only went 15-13 actually had some really good players, but just didn't put it all together. Kind of similar to this year's team with 2 NCAA D1 pitchers, but little else to back them up, leading to an average overall record.
Old 05-20-19, 07:13 AM
All District

Quote:
That wasnít me, if you had actually read the whole thread youíd realize that was Latti and I was very real about Tippís team this year. Your mislead and angry for no reason

I do apologize for thinking you said they would not loose a game this year in the North. But I never said baseball was going to be up or down I said Tipp would be as in Tipp sports would be.

Old 05-21-19, 07:53 AM
All American

Worried about the game tonight, VB vs. Troy. All pitchers rested.

This is a game that could go Troy way. They have familiarity and are a good team. Their ace can shut down the aviators lineup.

But... the aviators keep rolling.. I like their pitching depth a bit more.

VB 3 Troy 1.
Old 05-21-19, 11:31 AM
All Ohio

Only got to see Troy when Butler beat them 10-0 and Troy looked really flat and uninspired. Would have to think that they will be way up for this game but so should Butler. My concern is that Butler has lost there offense and have not been hitting the ball plus it’s hard to beat a team three times in a season and not to mention hard to beat an ace twice. My gut says Butler gets upset tonight but I hope I am wrong. Problem for the winner of this game is not having an ace to go on Thursday. Hard to beat the Cincy teams if you don’t throw your big dog.
Old 05-22-19, 06:36 AM
All Region

Butler - 4, Troy - 2
Franklin - 2, Tippecanoe - 1

Butler avoided the upset, and now has to face 25-3 Mason (#1 in the state) in the next round. That game is Thursday at Kings HS.

Tipp's offense continued to disappoint, as has been the case all season. In addition, Egbert surrendered 1 of Franklin's 2 runs due to a HBP and 2 wild pitches.
Old 05-22-19, 11:12 AM
All Ohio

Troy looked much better then from when I saw them play Butler the first time. Butler played small ball well and didn’t make any errors and is just a better team but gotta give Troy credit they played a really good game and had a fine season. Butler has there hands full Thursday but Moeller got knocked which goes to show that anything can happen. I’d say Norman will start against Mason.