Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #61  
Old 01-27-15, 11:11 PM
1disciple 1disciple is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 4,924
1disciple is on a distinguished road
I get it now. If there is anything that is "perceived" to be bad or failing during the Obama administration he needs to own it! I there is anything that is "perceived" as being good or a win during the Obama administration he had nothing to do with it. Hilarious
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-28-15, 12:21 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I get it now. If there is anything that is "perceived" to be bad or failing during the Obama administration he needs to own it! I there is anything that is "perceived" as being good or a win during the Obama administration he had nothing to do with it. Hilarious
He has blamed bush for nearly 8 years now....he can't just say everything that is bad was due to bush without saying "yea, we got osama but it was partly because bush set the wheels in motion after 9/11."

I realize he is pretty arrogant but would it kill him to acknowledge anyone else doing something positive? Oh never mind. I forgot he is the president that said if you own a small business, you didn't build that.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-28-15, 12:54 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,487
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I get it now. If there is anything that is "perceived" to be bad or failing during the Obama administration he needs to own it! I there is anything that is "perceived" as being good or a win during the Obama administration he had nothing to do with it. Hilarious
now you get it !


Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-28-15, 05:50 AM
rip_JackTatum rip_JackTatum is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 1,459
rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
He okayed the mission. I will give credit where credit is due. But if 9/11 had happened on his watch, he would have chased Osama around with drones. Like Clinton did with cruise missiles. I don't think he would have had the guts to put the boots on the ground that was necessary to make this happen.
True. It does take alot of guts to sacrifice over 6,000 American military lives chasing non existent weapons of mass destruction while in the process creating a political/military void filled by radical islamic extremist. Yeah, that took guts.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-28-15, 07:15 AM
1disciple 1disciple is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 4,924
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
He has blamed bush for nearly 8 years now....he can't just say everything that is bad was due to bush without saying "yea, we got osama but it was partly because bush set the wheels in motion after 9/11."

I realize he is pretty arrogant but would it kill him to acknowledge anyone else doing something positive? Oh never mind. I forgot he is the president that said if you own a small business, you didn't build that.
You totally missed the point didn't you? On second thought you pretty much solidified it.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-28-15, 08:18 AM
UncleBaldy's Avatar
UncleBaldy UncleBaldy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Location: Nrthrn KY and Kokomo, IN
Posts: 5,016
UncleBaldy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
He was the Commander N Chief when it happened. So yes he gets credit, along with the sealss. He did ok the mission. Don't hate.......congratulate
So then, by your definition, Andrew Johnson won the Civil War, Truman won World War II, and Nixon put a man on the moon?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-28-15, 08:37 AM
UncleBaldy's Avatar
UncleBaldy UncleBaldy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Location: Nrthrn KY and Kokomo, IN
Posts: 5,016
UncleBaldy is on a distinguished road
This is a president that only wants to take credit for positive things, yet when negative things happen he either didn't know about it or it was somebody else's fault. He even went so far as to take credit for lower gas prices even though production on federal lands is down 6% and the influx of production from private companies (which he has spent the last 6 years trying to kill) is up around 20%. Gas prices are not down because of him, but despite him. The U.S. isn't #1 in production because of him, but despite him. Just 2 years ago he said the era of cheap available gas was over and we had to get used to the higher prices. Presidents should never automatically get credit for things that happen on their watch just because they happen on their watch. However, neither should they automatically get blame for the negatives. I suppose next you'll try and tell us that Bush should be blamed for 9/11.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-28-15, 09:20 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
True. It does take alot of guts to sacrifice over 6,000 American military lives chasing non existent weapons of mass destruction while in the process creating a political/military void filled by radical islamic extremist. Yeah, that took guts.
I am not sure the number lost in Iraq is that high. Afghanistan and Iraq combined. Let's not forget congress said OK.

But had Clinton done a better job, we probably would not been in Afghanistan to begin with. How many attacks on the US interests during Clinton's years again?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-28-15, 09:32 AM
BigBallin'4theFuture BigBallin'4theFuture is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-22-07
Location: Wherever I am....
Posts: 5,599
BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
He didn't kill Osama. Had 9/11 happened on his watch I believe Osama would still be alive today. He gets credit for killing Osama because 9/11 happened when president bush was in office and president bush began the hunt. In other words....Obama got lucky on that one.
How about HE GOT OSAMA. They made the decision the Bush Administration should've made after 9/11 and went after the one responsible for the attacks vs. pulling us into a nation building clusterphuck that we are still paying for, (yet he and his cronies made BILLIONS.) and has spurred a host of other global quagmires as a result of the war in Iraq.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-28-15, 09:35 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
How about HE GOT OSAMA. They made the decision the Bush Administration should've made after 9/11 and went after the one responsible for the attacks vs. pulling us into a nation building clusterphuck that we are still paying for, (yet he and his cronies made BILLIONS.) and has spurred a host of other global quagmires as a result of the war in Iraq.
Obama didn't "get" Osama. The seals got him. Had your other liberal president "got" him when he had the chance, 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-28-15, 09:40 AM
BigBallin'4theFuture BigBallin'4theFuture is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-22-07
Location: Wherever I am....
Posts: 5,599
BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
I am pretty sure the left thinks he had an xbox controller during the operation and controlled the guy who shot Bin Laden.
Memes.com
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-28-15, 09:45 AM
BigBallin'4theFuture BigBallin'4theFuture is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-22-07
Location: Wherever I am....
Posts: 5,599
BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Obama didn't "get" Osama. The seals got him. Had your other liberal president "got" him when he had the chance, 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
And the Navy Seals were under whose command? Right. Just pains you to give credit where it's due....
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-28-15, 09:51 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,487
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
True. It does take alot of guts to sacrifice over 6,000 American military lives chasing non existent weapons of mass destruction while in the process creating a political/military void filled by radical islamic extremist. Yeah, that took guts.
That ^ is what it took to put a black man in the Oval Office. He kept the Sunday morning Stephanopolous death tally going for quite a while. I still believe the electorate was not yet ready to do that under normal circumstances.

Sadly, the day will come when the worst part of the Bush legacy will be recognized to be not be the Iraqi misadventures themselves, but the privatization of military functions that President Cheney brought in while his hand was up W's back, working his mouth.

General Eisenhower warned us.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-28-15, 09:57 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
And the Navy Seals were under whose command? Right. Just pains you to give credit where it's due....
I already said I would give credit where its due. Bush started the hunt and obama wisely finished it when given the chance. I was happy when the news came out and thankful obama gave the okay for the mission to proceed. Also happy obama reversed his earlier comments about if you could keep Osama pinned down in a cave someplace that was just as good (paraphrasing).

But you can't acknowledge that bush began the process of getting the intelligence assets and network in place to begin with? The courier was even identified while bush was still in office. Pains you to say that?

Its funny how some people think chasing down a single person in this world who had years upon years to build a support system to keep him hidden is something that can be done overnight. Its not the final episode of a TV show....can't be wrapped up in 28 minutes.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-28-15, 10:12 AM
MOUNT-UNION82's Avatar
MOUNT-UNION82 MOUNT-UNION82 is offline
Proud Soldier's Dad
 
Join Date: 10-31-04
Posts: 24,665
MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
And the Navy Seals were under whose command? Right. Just pains you to give credit where it's due....
Let's be real, Bush was President over a thousand successful military ops. But no one in their right mind would actually give Bush credit for being responsible for the success of any individual ops.

Obama was President while Seals under the operational command of a military officer(s) performed a successful op. Obama's contribution was that he didn't say "no". Fantasy aside, attributing anything more to Obama's particaption in this op, is purely politics.

Like it or not under both President's watch, the military and intelligence agency's committed significant resources to finding Osama.

President's play a role when to committ forces and when to pull them out. They don't have anything at all to do with individual operations. We leave that to the professional military officers.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-28-15, 10:22 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,487
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
I am not sure the number lost in Iraq is that high. Afghanistan and Iraq combined. Let's not forget congress said OK.
That was Tatum's point, in part. Congress would never have approved the move without the lies of yellowcake uranium, etc. The Executive branch supplied Congress with false information to get the approval they wanted, and worked the lies in the media to pressure Congress from the bottom up. This is fact.

Don't support horrible people because they let you keep a few more tax dollars and blow smoke up your . Conservatives don't run 8 year budget deficits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
But had Clinton done a better job, we probably would not been in Afghanistan to begin with. How many attacks on the US interests during Clinton's years again?
You may as well say that if Poppy Bush had advocated crushing Iran instead of further empowering Sadaam to offset Ruhollah Khomeini, none of the post 9/11 mess there would have happened.

Reagan's people built up Osama to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, and then kicked him to the curb like an old kleenex when they were done with him. That's where his focus turned to hating us. Bush and his oil buddies made millionaires out of bin Laden's family via Saudi construction projects.

Clinton got a lot closer to taking out bin Laden than Bush ever did. A cruise missile was a mere 45 minutes late in hitting his camp. That neo-con oracle of the masses, Rush Limbaugh, called it nothing more than a frivolous attempt to take away attention from the Lewinsky mess. Now THERE was some really worthwhile Congressional activity for ya - that stupid witch hunt.

I don't think much of Obama, but I'm not going to run to the devil to avoid him.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-28-15, 10:27 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,487
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNT-UNION82 View Post
Let's be real, Bush was President over a thousand successful military ops. But no one in their right mind would actually give Bush credit for being responsible for the success of any individual ops.

Obama was President while Seals under the operational command of a military officer(s) performed a successful op. Obama's contribution was that he didn't say "no". Fantasy aside, attributing anything more to Obama's particaption in this op, is purely politics.

Like it or not under both President's watch, the military and intelligence agency's committed significant resources to finding Osama.

President's play a role when to committ forces and when to pull them out. They don't have anything at all to do with individual operations. We leave that to the professional military officers.
I always wondered if we had kept bin Laden in a box and snooped him for years. I imagine that even in retirement, as an influential true believer, he may have been a terrorist-hobbyist and still in the loop occasionally or accidentally.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-28-15, 10:29 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That was Tatum's point, in part. Congress would never have approved the move without the lies of yellowcake uranium, etc. The Executive branch supplied Congress with false information to get the approval they wanted, and worked the lies in the media to pressure Congress from the bottom up. This is fact.

Don't support horrible people because they let you keep a few more tax dollars and blow smoke up your . Conservatives don't run 8 year budget deficits.



You may as well say that if Poppy Bush had advocated crushing Iran instead of further empowering Sadaam to offset Ruhollah Khomeini, none of the post 9/11 mess there would have happened.

Reagan's people built up Osama to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, and then kicked him to the curb like an old kleenex when they were done with him. That's where his focus turned to hating us. Bush and his oil buddies made millionaires out of bin Laden's family via Saudi construction projects.

Clinton got a lot closer to taking out bin Laden than Bush ever did. A cruise missile was a mere 45 minutes late in hitting his camp. That neo-con oracle of the masses, Rush Limbaugh, called it nothing more than a frivolous attempt to take away attention from the Lewinsky mess. Now THERE was some really worthwhile Congressional activity for ya - that stupid witch hunt.

I don't think much of Obama, but I'm not going to run to the devil to avoid him.
Bush = devil? Well, OK then.

Every administration could point to the prior for shortcomings, missed opportunities, etc. Obama has made a career of it though.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-28-15, 10:30 AM
MoeDude's Avatar
MoeDude MoeDude is offline
Save water....drink beer!
 
Join Date: 08-06-01
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Posts: 29,314
MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Where was President Obama while Americans were being murdered in Benghazi?!?!?
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-28-15, 10:31 AM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mount-union82 View Post
let's be real, bush was president over a thousand successful military ops. But no one in their right mind would actually give bush credit for being responsible for the success of any individual ops.

Obama was president while seals under the operational command of a military officer(s) performed a successful op. Obama's contribution was that he didn't say "no". Fantasy aside, attributing anything more to obama's particaption in this op, is purely politics.

Like it or not under both president's watch, the military and intelligence agency's committed significant resources to finding osama.

President's play a role when to committ forces and when to pull them out. They don't have anything at all to do with individual operations. We leave that to the professional military officers.
+ 1
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 01-28-15, 10:40 AM
UncleBaldy's Avatar
UncleBaldy UncleBaldy is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-04-05
Location: Nrthrn KY and Kokomo, IN
Posts: 5,016
UncleBaldy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Where was President Obama while Americans were being murdered in Benghazi?!?!?
He didn't know about.
They were studying the problem to determine the appropriate response.
It was somebody else's fault.

Take your pick. It's usually one of those 3.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-28-15, 11:10 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,487
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Bush = devil? Well, OK then.

Every administration could point to the prior for shortcomings, missed opportunities, etc. Obama has made a career of it though.
No

Li'l Bush=puppet ; Cheney=devil



Former Watergate conspirator turned political analyst, John Dean, had a fascinating talk/Q&A at the Cleveland City Club Forum once. He is a little dry, but worth a listen. In it, he detailed how Cheney had a staff that mirrored the President's, and that the one common member was Scooter Libby. He was W's first visitor every morning, and filled up his li'l head daily. That was why the Dem's went after Libby when they found an opportunity.

Cheney took full advantage Bush's hands-off Harvard management training, and hit-the-highlights study habits there. Dean summed it up in saying that "...their particular genius was in allowing Bush to believe that he was actually in charge....", and he made a very compelling case for it. There were, of course, many others, but I thought Dean said it best of those I heard or read.

I would rather have Bush for a neighbor than Clinton. Bush is the guy that goes in your garage refrigerator and gets a beer while he cuts the grass up to your driveway on YOUR side of the property line. Clinton is the guy that tries to get your visiting older daughter drunk and get her off in the woods at the block party.

Clinton makes a far better President, though.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 01-28-15 at 11:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-28-15, 11:19 AM
Slide-by Slide-by is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 03-08-11
Posts: 10,928
Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
And the Navy Seals were under whose command? Right. Just pains you to give credit where it's due....
The SEALS were under Obama's command, but not his direction. The machine that got Obama is a massive one, with more cogs than you can count. Obama's involvement began with information and a plan presented to him by the CIA and military commanders. It ended when he simply gave the OK. You guys try to act like he had a headset on Securenet and was directing the operation.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-28-15, 11:20 AM
Slide-by Slide-by is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 03-08-11
Posts: 10,928
Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBaldy View Post
He didn't know about.
They were studying the problem to determine the appropriate response.
It was somebody else's fault.

Take your pick. It's usually one of those 3.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-28-15, 12:35 PM
the_big_toe the_big_toe is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-05
Location: California
Posts: 12,867
the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Former Watergate conspirator turned political analyst, John Dean, had a fascinating talk/Q&A at the Cleveland City Club Forum once. He is a little dry, but worth a listen. In it, he detailed how Cheney had a staff that mirrored the President's, and that the one common member was Scooter Libby. He was W's first visitor every morning, and filled up his li'l head daily. That was why the Dem's went after Libby when they found an opportunity.

Cheney took full advantage Bush's hands-off Harvard management training, and hit-the-highlights study habits there. Dean summed it up in saying that "...their particular genius was in allowing Bush to believe that he was actually in charge....", and he made a very compelling case for it. There were, of course, many others, but I thought Dean said it best of those I heard or read.
Well, if John Dean said it, then it MUST be true.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-28-15, 12:40 PM
the_big_toe the_big_toe is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-02-05
Location: California
Posts: 12,867
the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
now you get it !




I don't care which side of the aisle you're on, THAT was funny.

FWIW, if we were talking about liberals, the caption could have just as easily read:

"Goddam you George W. ...



...


Nevermind."

Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-28-15, 12:45 PM
Slide-by Slide-by is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 03-08-11
Posts: 10,928
Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
now you get it !


Actually, this would be more appropriate for the left. I saw an MSNBC anchor blame winter storm Juno on the Republicans voting against the enviroment. I swear to God she did. I wish I could post links on here damn it.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-28-15, 01:01 PM
MOUNT-UNION82's Avatar
MOUNT-UNION82 MOUNT-UNION82 is offline
Proud Soldier's Dad
 
Join Date: 10-31-04
Posts: 24,665
MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Actually, this would be more appropriate for the left. I saw an MSNBC anchor blame winter storm Juno on the Republicans voting against the enviroment. I swear to God she did. I wish I could post links on here damn it.
I have a feeling that's (blaming the environment on Republicans) is going to be pretty common in the next few years, as Obama tackles his legacy agenda and liberals flock to support him.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-28-15, 01:20 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 32,487
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Actually, this would be more appropriate for the left. I saw an MSNBC anchor blame winter storm Juno on the Republicans voting against the enviroment. I swear to God she did. I wish I could post links on here damn it.
People are amazing.

I once heard an Limbaugh say that record snowfalls in Cleveland and Buffalo were PROOF that there is no global warming. Never mind the fact that when we finally have enough sustained cold to freeze Lake Erie over, the lake effect snow STOPS and we get LESS snow. It's literally the perfect example of what we get with "sound bite" thinking. There is plenty of stupid to go around.

When are people like us going to make our own "side", and quit choosing the crap that they push on us ?
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-28-15, 01:35 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,820
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Was it last year the great lakes were completely frozen over for the first time in a while or ever maybe?

I am sure I have the details not 100%...I just remember a big deal being made over the great lakes ice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz