Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-15, 11:11 PM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
I get it now. If there is anything that is "perceived" to be bad or failing during the Obama administration he needs to own it! I there is anything that is "perceived" as being good or a win during the Obama administration he had nothing to do with it. Hilarious
Old 01-28-15, 12:21 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I get it now. If there is anything that is "perceived" to be bad or failing during the Obama administration he needs to own it! I there is anything that is "perceived" as being good or a win during the Obama administration he had nothing to do with it. Hilarious
He has blamed bush for nearly 8 years now....he can't just say everything that is bad was due to bush without saying "yea, we got osama but it was partly because bush set the wheels in motion after 9/11."

I realize he is pretty arrogant but would it kill him to acknowledge anyone else doing something positive? Oh never mind. I forgot he is the president that said if you own a small business, you didn't build that.
Old 01-28-15, 12:54 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
now you get it !

Old 01-28-15, 05:50 AM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
He okayed the mission. I will give credit where credit is due. But if 9/11 had happened on his watch, he would have chased Osama around with drones. Like Clinton did with cruise missiles. I don't think he would have had the guts to put the boots on the ground that was necessary to make this happen.
True. It does take alot of guts to sacrifice over 6,000 American military lives chasing non existent weapons of mass destruction while in the process creating a political/military void filled by radical islamic extremist. Yeah, that took guts.
Old 01-28-15, 07:15 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He has blamed bush for nearly 8 years now....he can't just say everything that is bad was due to bush without saying "yea, we got osama but it was partly because bush set the wheels in motion after 9/11."

I realize he is pretty arrogant but would it kill him to acknowledge anyone else doing something positive? Oh never mind. I forgot he is the president that said if you own a small business, you didn't build that.
You totally missed the point didn't you? On second thought you pretty much solidified it.
Old 01-28-15, 08:18 AM
All Yappi

UncleBaldy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
He was the Commander N Chief when it happened. So yes he gets credit, along with the sealss. He did ok the mission. Don't hate.......congratulate
So then, by your definition, Andrew Johnson won the Civil War, Truman won World War II, and Nixon put a man on the moon?
Old 01-28-15, 08:37 AM
All Yappi

This is a president that only wants to take credit for positive things, yet when negative things happen he either didn't know about it or it was somebody else's fault. He even went so far as to take credit for lower gas prices even though production on federal lands is down 6% and the influx of production from private companies (which he has spent the last 6 years trying to kill) is up around 20%. Gas prices are not down because of him, but despite him. The U.S. isn't #1 in production because of him, but despite him. Just 2 years ago he said the era of cheap available gas was over and we had to get used to the higher prices. Presidents should never automatically get credit for things that happen on their watch just because they happen on their watch. However, neither should they automatically get blame for the negatives. I suppose next you'll try and tell us that Bush should be blamed for 9/11.
Old 01-28-15, 09:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
True. It does take alot of guts to sacrifice over 6,000 American military lives chasing non existent weapons of mass destruction while in the process creating a political/military void filled by radical islamic extremist. Yeah, that took guts.
I am not sure the number lost in Iraq is that high. Afghanistan and Iraq combined. Let's not forget congress said OK.

But had Clinton done a better job, we probably would not been in Afghanistan to begin with. How many attacks on the US interests during Clinton's years again?
Old 01-28-15, 09:32 AM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
He didn't kill Osama. Had 9/11 happened on his watch I believe Osama would still be alive today. He gets credit for killing Osama because 9/11 happened when president bush was in office and president bush began the hunt. In other words....Obama got lucky on that one.
How about HE GOT OSAMA. They made the decision the Bush Administration should've made after 9/11 and went after the one responsible for the attacks vs. pulling us into a nation building clusterphuck that we are still paying for, (yet he and his cronies made BILLIONS.) and has spurred a host of other global quagmires as a result of the war in Iraq.
Old 01-28-15, 09:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
How about HE GOT OSAMA. They made the decision the Bush Administration should've made after 9/11 and went after the one responsible for the attacks vs. pulling us into a nation building clusterphuck that we are still paying for, (yet he and his cronies made BILLIONS.) and has spurred a host of other global quagmires as a result of the war in Iraq.
Obama didn't "get" Osama. The seals got him. Had your other liberal president "got" him when he had the chance, 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
Old 01-28-15, 09:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
I am pretty sure the left thinks he had an xbox controller during the operation and controlled the guy who shot Bin Laden.
Memes.com
Old 01-28-15, 09:45 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Obama didn't "get" Osama. The seals got him. Had your other liberal president "got" him when he had the chance, 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
And the Navy Seals were under whose command? Right. Just pains you to give credit where it's due....
Old 01-28-15, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip_JackTatum View Post
That ^ is what it took to put a black man in the Oval Office. He kept the Sunday morning Stephanopolous death tally going for quite a while. I still believe the electorate was not yet ready to do that under normal circumstances.

Sadly, the day will come when the worst part of the Bush legacy will be recognized to be not be the Iraqi misadventures themselves, but the privatization of military functions that President Cheney brought in while his hand was up W's back, working his mouth.

General Eisenhower warned us.
Old 01-28-15, 09:57 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
And the Navy Seals were under whose command? Right. Just pains you to give credit where it's due....
I already said I would give credit where its due. Bush started the hunt and obama wisely finished it when given the chance. I was happy when the news came out and thankful obama gave the okay for the mission to proceed. Also happy obama reversed his earlier comments about if you could keep Osama pinned down in a cave someplace that was just as good (paraphrasing).

But you can't acknowledge that bush began the process of getting the intelligence assets and network in place to begin with? The courier was even identified while bush was still in office. Pains you to say that?

Its funny how some people think chasing down a single person in this world who had years upon years to build a support system to keep him hidden is something that can be done overnight. Its not the final episode of a TV show....can't be wrapped up in 28 minutes.
Old 01-28-15, 10:12 AM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let's be real, Bush was President over a thousand successful military ops. But no one in their right mind would actually give Bush credit for being responsible for the success of any individual ops.

Obama was President while Seals under the operational command of a military officer(s) performed a successful op. Obama's contribution was that he didn't say "no". Fantasy aside, attributing anything more to Obama's particaption in this op, is purely politics.

Like it or not under both President's watch, the military and intelligence agency's committed significant resources to finding Osama.

President's play a role when to committ forces and when to pull them out. They don't have anything at all to do with individual operations. We leave that to the professional military officers.
Old 01-28-15, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I am not sure the number lost in Iraq is that high. Afghanistan and Iraq combined. Let's not forget congress said OK.
That was Tatum's point, in part. Congress would never have approved the move without the lies of yellowcake uranium, etc. The Executive branch supplied Congress with false information to get the approval they wanted, and worked the lies in the media to pressure Congress from the bottom up. This is fact.

Don't support horrible people because they let you keep a few more tax dollars and blow smoke up your . Conservatives don't run 8 year budget deficits.

Quote:
But had Clinton done a better job, we probably would not been in Afghanistan to begin with. How many attacks on the US interests during Clinton's years again?
You may as well say that if Poppy Bush had advocated crushing Iran instead of further empowering Sadaam to offset Ruhollah Khomeini, none of the post 9/11 mess there would have happened.

Reagan's people built up Osama to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, and then kicked him to the curb like an old kleenex when they were done with him. That's where his focus turned to hating us. Bush and his oil buddies made millionaires out of bin Laden's family via Saudi construction projects.

Clinton got a lot closer to taking out bin Laden than Bush ever did. A cruise missile was a mere 45 minutes late in hitting his camp. That neo-con oracle of the masses, Rush Limbaugh, called it nothing more than a frivolous attempt to take away attention from the Lewinsky mess. Now THERE was some really worthwhile Congressional activity for ya - that stupid witch hunt.

I don't think much of Obama, but I'm not going to run to the devil to avoid him.
Old 01-28-15, 10:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNT-UNION82 View Post
Let's be real, Bush was President over a thousand successful military ops. But no one in their right mind would actually give Bush credit for being responsible for the success of any individual ops.

Obama was President while Seals under the operational command of a military officer(s) performed a successful op. Obama's contribution was that he didn't say "no". Fantasy aside, attributing anything more to Obama's particaption in this op, is purely politics.

Like it or not under both President's watch, the military and intelligence agency's committed significant resources to finding Osama.

President's play a role when to committ forces and when to pull them out. They don't have anything at all to do with individual operations. We leave that to the professional military officers.
I always wondered if we had kept bin Laden in a box and snooped him for years. I imagine that even in retirement, as an influential true believer, he may have been a terrorist-hobbyist and still in the loop occasionally or accidentally.
Old 01-28-15, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
That was Tatum's point, in part. Congress would never have approved the move without the lies of yellowcake uranium, etc. The Executive branch supplied Congress with false information to get the approval they wanted, and worked the lies in the media to pressure Congress from the bottom up. This is fact.

Don't support horrible people because they let you keep a few more tax dollars and blow smoke up your . Conservatives don't run 8 year budget deficits.

You may as well say that if Poppy Bush had advocated crushing Iran instead of further empowering Sadaam to offset Ruhollah Khomeini, none of the post 9/11 mess there would have happened.

Reagan's people built up Osama to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, and then kicked him to the curb like an old kleenex when they were done with him. That's where his focus turned to hating us. Bush and his oil buddies made millionaires out of bin Laden's family via Saudi construction projects.

Clinton got a lot closer to taking out bin Laden than Bush ever did. A cruise missile was a mere 45 minutes late in hitting his camp. That neo-con oracle of the masses, Rush Limbaugh, called it nothing more than a frivolous attempt to take away attention from the Lewinsky mess. Now THERE was some really worthwhile Congressional activity for ya - that stupid witch hunt.

I don't think much of Obama, but I'm not going to run to the devil to avoid him.
Bush = devil? Well, OK then.

Every administration could point to the prior for shortcomings, missed opportunities, etc. Obama has made a career of it though.
Old 01-28-15, 10:30 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Where was President Obama while Americans were being murdered in Benghazi?!?!?
Old 01-28-15, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mount-union82 View Post
let's be real, bush was president over a thousand successful military ops. But no one in their right mind would actually give bush credit for being responsible for the success of any individual ops.

Obama was president while seals under the operational command of a military officer(s) performed a successful op. Obama's contribution was that he didn't say "no". Fantasy aside, attributing anything more to obama's particaption in this op, is purely politics.

Like it or not under both president's watch, the military and intelligence agency's committed significant resources to finding osama.

+ 1
Old 01-28-15, 10:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post
Where was President Obama while Americans were being murdered in Benghazi?!?!?
He didn't know about.
They were studying the problem to determine the appropriate response.
It was somebody else's fault.

Take your pick. It's usually one of those 3.
Old 01-28-15, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Bush = devil? Well, OK then.

Every administration could point to the prior for shortcomings, missed opportunities, etc. Obama has made a career of it though.
No

Li'l Bush=puppet ; Cheney=devil

Former Watergate conspirator turned political analyst, John Dean, had a fascinating talk/Q&A at the Cleveland City Club Forum once. He is a little dry, but worth a listen. In it, he detailed how Cheney had a staff that mirrored the President's, and that the one common member was Scooter Libby. He was W's first visitor every morning, and filled up his li'l head daily. That was why the Dem's went after Libby when they found an opportunity.

Cheney took full advantage Bush's hands-off Harvard management training, and hit-the-highlights study habits there. Dean summed it up in saying that "...their particular genius was in allowing Bush to believe that he was actually in charge....", and he made a very compelling case for it. There were, of course, many others, but I thought Dean said it best of those I heard or read.

I would rather have Bush for a neighbor than Clinton. Bush is the guy that goes in your garage refrigerator and gets a beer while he cuts the grass up to your driveway on YOUR side of the property line. Clinton is the guy that tries to get your visiting older daughter drunk and get her off in the woods at the block party.

Clinton makes a far better President, though.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 01-28-15 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 11:19 AM
Cooling Off

Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The SEALS were under Obama's command, but not his direction. The machine that got Obama is a massive one, with more cogs than you can count. Obama's involvement began with information and a plan presented to him by the CIA and military commanders. It ended when he simply gave the OK. You guys try to act like he had a headset on Securenet and was directing the operation.
Old 01-28-15, 11:20 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBaldy View Post
He didn't know about.
They were studying the problem to determine the appropriate response.
It was somebody else's fault.

Take your pick. It's usually one of those 3.
Bingo.
Old 01-28-15, 12:35 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Former Watergate conspirator turned political analyst, John Dean, had a fascinating talk/Q&A at the Cleveland City Club Forum once. He is a little dry, but worth a listen. In it, he detailed how Cheney had a staff that mirrored the President's, and that the one common member was Scooter Libby. He was W's first visitor every morning, and filled up his li'l head daily. That was why the Dem's went after Libby when they found an opportunity.

Cheney took full advantage Bush's hands-off Harvard management training, and hit-the-highlights study habits there. Dean summed it up in saying that "...their particular genius was in allowing Bush to believe that he was actually in charge....", and he made a very compelling case for it. There were, of course, many others, but I thought Dean said it best of those I heard or read.
Well, if John Dean said it, then it MUST be true.
Old 01-28-15, 12:40 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
now you get it !

I don't care which side of the aisle you're on, THAT was funny.

FWIW, if we were talking about liberals, the caption could have just as easily read:

"Goddam you George W. ...

Nevermind."

Old 01-28-15, 12:45 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
now you get it !

Actually, this would be more appropriate for the left. I saw an MSNBC anchor blame winter storm Juno on the Republicans voting against the enviroment. I swear to God she did. I wish I could post links on here damn it.
Old 01-28-15, 01:01 PM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
Actually, this would be more appropriate for the left. I saw an MSNBC anchor blame winter storm Juno on the Republicans voting against the enviroment. I swear to God she did. I wish I could post links on here damn it.
I have a feeling that's (blaming the environment on Republicans) is going to be pretty common in the next few years, as Obama tackles his legacy agenda and liberals flock to support him.
Old 01-28-15, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide-by View Post
People are amazing.

I once heard an Limbaugh say that record snowfalls in Cleveland and Buffalo were PROOF that there is no global warming. Never mind the fact that when we finally have enough sustained cold to freeze Lake Erie over, the lake effect snow STOPS and we get LESS snow. It's literally the perfect example of what we get with "sound bite" thinking. There is plenty of stupid to go around.

When are people like us going to make our own "side", and quit choosing the crap that they push on us ?
Old 01-28-15, 01:35 PM
All Yappi

Was it last year the great lakes were completely frozen over for the first time in a while or ever maybe?

I am sure I have the details not 100%...I just remember a big deal being made over the great lakes ice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: