Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-15, 02:10 AM
Save water....drink beer!

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
Defensive, why? I'm just responding ridiculously to such an absurd notion that you put forth. And bringing race into it simply echoes the sentiment that would be expressed by some knuckleheads who believe and espouse these types of "theories." It's stupid.
You are the one who brought race into it. During the conversation I had with this co-worker not once was race brought into the conversation. Why is it you think that Race is the driving force regarding the mistrust and dislike of President Obama. His political beliefs are killing this country. It has nothing to do with his race it's all about his political beliefs which have our founding fathers turning over in their grave.

You tell me why whenever someone voices displeasure with Obama there is always someone like you ready to pull the race card?!?!? I think you are being very narrow minded with your perspective.

I started the thread because this is the second version I've heard or read about in the past two years regarding the 2 term limit and that some feel Obama will look for a way to get around it. I stated in the original post that it was a drastic idea but crazy things have happened throughout history.
Old 01-24-15, 03:05 AM
All American

rip_JackTatum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeDude View Post

She used to live in Europe and we were also discussing how we really aren't as free as we used to be here in the USA.
This statement is false and incorrect and does not apply to some Americans.
Speak for yourself !
Old 01-24-15, 05:33 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
I'm still wondering how I'm not as free as I was say 10 years ago?
Old 01-24-15, 08:59 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
I am also wondering how 2 war fronts, 100,000's family overseas, a financial collapse, Dow at 6000, $4 gas, and 10% unemployment were the good old days? But Obama is "destroying us". Lol, oooookay.
Old 01-24-15, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPaw View Post
I am also wondering how 2 war fronts, 100,000's family overseas, a financial collapse, Dow at 6000, $4 gas, and 10% unemployment were the good old days? But Obama is "destroying us". Lol, oooookay.
That is hysterical, but I think you would have a pretty difficult time demonstrating how any of Obama's actions or policies have helped right the ship in our country.
Old 01-24-15, 09:34 AM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
The fact you would even imply the ship may be righted is good enough to me. I'm simply dumbfounded at the notion that he, personally, destroyed us. That is hysterical.

Bottom line we are 10x better shape now than then, and Pubs don't know whether to keep whining or take credit, lol.
Old 01-24-15, 09:52 AM
Cooling Off

Uncle Ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably headed back Iraq soooo. We got that going for us.
Old 01-24-15, 11:05 AM
Cooling Off

Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Obama has nothing to do with gas prices. Fracking and private drilling is on the increase which is contributing to prices dropping tremendously. In case you forgot, he was staunchly against both. Which is also why he's against the pipeline. Can't have yet another plan he was against making it look bad again.

War on two fronts? LOL! How many fronts we have now? Oh wait... we're not really fighting a "war". We're taking pot-shots while they expand and grow. Nevermind. Everyone around the world agrees our enemies have grown significantly.
Old 01-24-15, 12:41 PM
Cooling Off

Let's also point out the fracking is being done on private land, drilling on public land is down tremendously thanks to Obama.
Old 01-24-15, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The fact you would even imply the ship may be righted is good enough to me. I'm simply dumbfounded at the notion that he, personally, destroyed us. That is hysterical.

Bottom line we are 10x better shape now than then, and Pubs don't know whether to keep whining or take credit, lol.
It is in a lot of ways, but we still have plenty of problems. It's great that our collective "ship" is no longer listed over with water pouring in the portals, as W left it, but it is far from ship-shape. The main point of my post was that the things that Obama has done haven't destroyed anything economically. Whatever real successes we have had of late have occurred in spite of Obama, unless maybe you are a properly aligned medical provider or supplier.
Old 01-24-15, 09:01 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just tell us what Bush did to get us there. What were his policies and what was the legislation signed by him that got us there?
Old 01-26-15, 09:46 AM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You are the one who brought race into it. During the conversation I had with this co-worker not once was race brought into the conversation. Why is it you think that Race is the driving force regarding the mistrust and dislike of President Obama. His political beliefs are killing this country. It has nothing to do with his race it's all about his political beliefs which have our founding fathers turning over in their grave.

Give some CONCRETE examples of how his "political beliefs" are tearing the country apart and not soundbites from FAUX News or whatever the right-wing-flavor-of-the-week-publication to which you subscribe. Let's start there.

You tell me why whenever someone voices displeasure with Obama there is always someone like you ready to pull the race card?!?!? I think you are being very narrow minded with your perspective.

Let me see....YOU start a thread posing a ridiculous scenario and I'm narrow in my perspective? Okay. Secondly---and very typically, the critical discourse about President Obama goes SOUTH, the nanosecond he is spoken of in a racial context, i.e. "Go back to Kenya..." "Communist Muslim...." "Boy...." and all of the other coded racial language that many on this board use without "appearing to be racist" (unless you're Slide, Ted or one of those yahoos).....or so you think. It's the new Jedi-Mind Trickery Racist....pretty funny stuff.
ALSO...MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT TO YOUR ORIGINAL POST..AGAIN: I'm just responding ridiculously to such an absurd notion that you put forth. And bringing race into it simply echoes the sentiment that would be expressed by some knuckleheads who believe and espouse these types of "theories." It's stupid.

I started the thread because this is the second version I've heard or read about in the past two years regarding the 2 term limit and that some feel Obama will look for a way to get around it. I stated in the original post that it was a drastic idea but crazy things have happened throughout history.
Maybe you should travel in different circles...just sayin'.
Old 01-26-15, 10:01 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Lord have mercy
Old 01-26-15, 11:16 AM
All Yappi

UncleBaldy is on a distinguished road
Contrary to what Obama said in the SOTU address, he is still campaigning . . . for the 2016 Democratic nominee. That's all he really knows how to do and he'll probably stick with it. But no, he's done after the term. Any attempt to usurp the scheduled election would probably end up in revolt or riot. Especially from the other democrats that will be running for the spot. And Lord knows, I would never take the risk of pissing off Bill and Hillary. Especially Hillary. =P
Old 01-26-15, 03:39 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1disciple View Post
Well, for one, 10 years ago, if you were young and fairly healthy, and you wanted to take the personal risk of living in the United States without health insurance - you could.
Old 01-26-15, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should travel in different circles...just sayin'.
Why? Like I have stated over and over, it's his political beliefs I'm not in favor of not his race. The truth is when he spoke at the 2004 DNC I was impressed and thought there might be a chance this guy could pull this nation together. Very dynamic, was saying all the right things. I felt he was a Democrat I might actually vote for. But then I started researching his background and for me there were several red flags.

His political belief structure revolves around the government controlling everything and taxing people to death to help pay for all his government programs.

As for the thought that he might pull this nation together, just the opposite has occurred. He's divided this nation much more and in so many different areas than it was before he took office.
Old 01-26-15, 10:37 PM

Here it is BigBallin 1disciple and other doubters,

After reading the list below it's pretty obvious we are becoming more and more of a police state. I will even admit that some of this started under previous administrations but has ramped up since the Obama administration took control.

Our Civil Liberties: What Exactly Is Obama's Track Record?

...In July 2009, Obama threatened to veto an oversight bill that would have required the president to inform lawmakers about covert CIA activities.

In December 2009, Obama, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, announced his intention to ramp up the military industrial complex's war in Afghanistan and subsequently followed through on his plan.

In February 2010, the Department of Defense issued a U.S. Army field manual detailing the prospective internment and resettlement of American citizens in the event of another terrorist attack or natural disaster on U.S. soil. The leaked documentconfirmed the fears of many government critics, "from the Patriot movement on the right to Occupy on the left to Anonymous, anarchists, organized racists, survivalists, and plain old conspiracy theorists in between."

In March 2010, the Department of Homeland Security began rolling out controversial full-body scanners to American airports. Despite an initial outcry about the invasive nature of the scanners and the enhanced pat-downs of American citizens, government officials continued to tout the machines as safe and effective. A year later, an investigative report by ProPublica/PBS NewsHour, revealed that six to 100 U.S. airline passengers each year could get cancer from the machines, which were purchased with Obama's stimulus funds.

In July 2010, the Obama administration arrested 23-year-old Army soldier Bradley Manning on charges that he leaked classified military and diplomatic documents to the anti-secrecy website, Wikileaks. Held in maximum solitary confinement for close to a year, treatment normally reserved for the most violent or dangerous of criminals, Manning has yet to be put on trial. His treatment was intended to send a clear warning to all those who would challenge the military empire: "Don't even consider it."

In May 2011, Obama expanded the war effort, with bombings in Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. Later that month, Obama signed a four-year extension of three controversial provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act that authorize the government to use aggressive surveillance tactics -- even against American citizens -- in the so-called war against terror. That same month, the U.S. Supreme Court in an 8-1 ruling in Kentucky v. King effectively decimated the Fourth Amendment by giving SWAT teams more leeway to break into homes or apartments in search of illegal drugs when they suspect the evidence might be destroyed. The Court, at the urging of the Obama administration, sanctioned warrantless raids, saying that police had acted lawfully and that was all that mattered.

In June 2011, a Department of Education "SWAT team" forced their way into the home of a California man, handcuffed him, and placed his three children in a squad car while they conducted a search of his home, allegedly over falsified student loans. Raids of this type are becoming increasingly common -- more than 50,000 such raids occur every year in America -- with federal agencies such as the State Department, Department of Energy, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the National Park Servicelaying claim to their own SWAT teams. Also in June 2011, the FBI granted its 14,000 agents expansive additional powers, allowing them to investigate individuals using highly intrusive monitoring techniques, including infiltrating suspect organizations with confidential informants and photographing and tailing suspect American citizens, without having any factual basis for suspecting them of wrongdoing.

In September 2011, two American citizens were killed during a drone attack in Yemen as part of a government "kill list" operation in which Obama personally directs who should be targeted for death by military drones. Drone strikes, a signature policy of the Obama administration, have tripled since Obama took office.

In December 2011, the Senate passed the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012, which mandates that anyone suspected of terrorism against the United States be held in military custody indefinitely. This provision extends to American citizens on American territory. It was quietly signed into law by Obama on New Year's Eve.

In February 2012, Obama signed the FAA Reauthorization Act, which opens up American skies for the domestic use of armed surveillance drones, a $30 billion per year industry. Incredibly, no civil liberties protections for Americans were included in the legislation. By 2020, it is estimated that at least 30,000 drones will be crisscrossing the nation's skies equipped with anti-personnel weapons and surveillance devices.

In March 2012, Congress overwhelmingly passed and Obama signed the anti-protest "Trespass Bill" -- legislation that makes it a federal crime to protest or assemble in the vicinity of protected government officials. The bill's language is so overly broad as to put an end to free speech, political protest and the right to peaceably assemble in all areas where government officials happen to be present. That same month, Obama issued an executive order stating that in the case of a war or national emergency, the federal government has the authority to take over almost every aspect of American society.
In April 2012, the U.S. Supreme Court -- again at the urging of the Obama administration -- declared that any person who is arrested and processed at a jail house, regardless of the severity of his or her offense (i.e., they can be guilty of nothing more than a minor traffic offense), can be subjected to a strip search by police or jail officials without reasonable suspicion that the arrestee is carrying a weapon or contraband.

In July 2012, the Obama administration began allowing the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) to store and "critically assess" information on innocent Americans for up to five years. Data recorded by the NCTC includes "records from law enforcement investigations, health information, employment history, travel and student records," among other things.

In September 2012 and in the months preceding it, in major cities across the country, including Boston, Miami, Little Rock, and Los Angeles, the U.S. military carried out training exercises involving Black Hawk helicopters and uniformed soldiers. The exercises occurred in the middle of the night, with the full cooperation of the local police forces and generally without forewarning the public.

In October 2012, it was revealed that the Obama administration has been "secretly developing a new blueprint for pursuing terrorists, a next-generation targeting list called the 'disposition matrix.'" The matrix goes beyond the president's kill list to detail suspects beyond the reach of American drones. This disposition matrix is also overseen by the NCTC.
So what does the future hold? Unless President Obama changes course -- and drastically so -- freedom as we have known it will become extinct.
Old 01-27-15, 03:47 AM
All World

1disciple is on a distinguished road
Old 01-27-15, 09:03 AM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Old 01-27-15, 09:46 AM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
LMAO!!!!!! The arrogance

Old 01-27-15, 11:11 AM
All Yappi

several versions out there.....

Old 01-27-15, 12:34 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Here it is BigBallin 1disciple and other doubters,

After reading the list below it's pretty obvious we are becoming more and more of a police state. I will even admit that some of this started under previous administrations but has ramped up since the Obama administration took control.

Our Civil Liberties: What Exactly Is Obama's Track Record?

...In July 2009, Obama threatened to veto an oversight bill that would have required the president to inform lawmakers about covert CIA activities.

In December 2009, Obama, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, announced his intention to ramp up the military industrial complex's war in Afghanistan and subsequently followed through on his plan.

In February 2010, the Department of Defense issued a U.S. Army field manual detailing the prospective internment and resettlement of American citizens in the event of another terrorist attack or natural disaster on U.S. soil. The leaked documentconfirmed the fears of many government critics, "from the Patriot movement on the right to Occupy on the left to Anonymous, anarchists, organized racists, survivalists, and plain old conspiracy theorists in between."

In March 2010, the Department of Homeland Security began rolling out controversial full-body scanners to American airports. Despite an initial outcry about the invasive nature of the scanners and the enhanced pat-downs of American citizens, government officials continued to tout the machines as safe and effective. A year later, an investigative report by ProPublica/PBS NewsHour, revealed that six to 100 U.S. airline passengers each year could get cancer from the machines, which were purchased with Obama's stimulus funds.

In July 2010, the Obama administration arrested 23-year-old Army soldier Bradley Manning on charges that he leaked classified military and diplomatic documents to the anti-secrecy website, Wikileaks. Held in maximum solitary confinement for close to a year, treatment normally reserved for the most violent or dangerous of criminals, Manning has yet to be put on trial. His treatment was intended to send a clear warning to all those who would challenge the military empire: "Don't even consider it."

In May 2011, Obama expanded the war effort, with bombings in Libya, Somalia, and Yemen. Later that month, Obama signed a four-year extension of three controversial provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act that authorize the government to use aggressive surveillance tactics -- even against American citizens -- in the so-called war against terror. That same month, the U.S. Supreme Court in an 8-1 ruling in Kentucky v. King effectively decimated the Fourth Amendment by giving SWAT teams more leeway to break into homes or apartments in search of illegal drugs when they suspect the evidence might be destroyed. The Court, at the urging of the Obama administration, sanctioned warrantless raids, saying that police had acted lawfully and that was all that mattered.

In June 2011, a Department of Education "SWAT team" forced their way into the home of a California man, handcuffed him, and placed his three children in a squad car while they conducted a search of his home, allegedly over falsified student loans. Raids of this type are becoming increasingly common -- more than 50,000 such raids occur every year in America -- with federal agencies such as the State Department, Department of Energy, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the National Park Servicelaying claim to their own SWAT teams. Also in June 2011, the FBI granted its 14,000 agents expansive additional powers, allowing them to investigate individuals using highly intrusive monitoring techniques, including infiltrating suspect organizations with confidential informants and photographing and tailing suspect American citizens, without having any factual basis for suspecting them of wrongdoing.

In September 2011, two American citizens were killed during a drone attack in Yemen as part of a government "kill list" operation in which Obama personally directs who should be targeted for death by military drones. Drone strikes, a signature policy of the Obama administration, have tripled since Obama took office.

In December 2011, the Senate passed the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012, which mandates that anyone suspected of terrorism against the United States be held in military custody indefinitely. This provision extends to American citizens on American territory. It was quietly signed into law by Obama on New Year's Eve.

In February 2012, Obama signed the FAA Reauthorization Act, which opens up American skies for the domestic use of armed surveillance drones, a $30 billion per year industry. Incredibly, no civil liberties protections for Americans were included in the legislation. By 2020, it is estimated that at least 30,000 drones will be crisscrossing the nation's skies equipped with anti-personnel weapons and surveillance devices.

In March 2012, Congress overwhelmingly passed and Obama signed the anti-protest "Trespass Bill" -- legislation that makes it a federal crime to protest or assemble in the vicinity of protected government officials. The bill's language is so overly broad as to put an end to free speech, political protest and the right to peaceably assemble in all areas where government officials happen to be present. That same month, Obama issued an executive order stating that in the case of a war or national emergency, the federal government has the authority to take over almost every aspect of American society.
In April 2012, the U.S. Supreme Court -- again at the urging of the Obama administration -- declared that any person who is arrested and processed at a jail house, regardless of the severity of his or her offense (i.e., they can be guilty of nothing more than a minor traffic offense), can be subjected to a strip search by police or jail officials without reasonable suspicion that the arrestee is carrying a weapon or contraband.

In July 2012, the Obama administration began allowing the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) to store and "critically assess" information on innocent Americans for up to five years. Data recorded by the NCTC includes "records from law enforcement investigations, health information, employment history, travel and student records," among other things.

In September 2012 and in the months preceding it, in major cities across the country, including Boston, Miami, Little Rock, and Los Angeles, the U.S. military carried out training exercises involving Black Hawk helicopters and uniformed soldiers. The exercises occurred in the middle of the night, with the full cooperation of the local police forces and generally without forewarning the public.

In October 2012, it was revealed that the Obama administration has been "secretly developing a new blueprint for pursuing terrorists, a next-generation targeting list called the 'disposition matrix.'" The matrix goes beyond the president's kill list to detail suspects beyond the reach of American drones. This disposition matrix is also overseen by the NCTC.
So what does the future hold? Unless President Obama changes course -- and drastically so -- freedom as we have known it will become extinct.
By John W. Whitehead, Libertarian/Conservative darling of the Rutherford Institute. Okay.

And while I am not denying these measures have been implemented, let's not forget WHY we are in the geo-political quagmire that we're in the first place and the shizit is going to get even deeper as time moves along whether our president has a "D" or an "R" behind his/her name.
Old 01-27-15, 12:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
LMAO!!!!!! The arrogance

And killed OSAMA....MITCHES.
Old 01-27-15, 12:43 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And killed OSAMA....MITCHES.
He didn't kill Osama. Had 9/11 happened on his watch I believe Osama would still be alive today. He gets credit for killing Osama because 9/11 happened when president bush was in office and president bush began the hunt. In other words....Obama got lucky on that one.
Old 01-27-15, 12:48 PM
Cooling Off

Slide-by is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
By John W. Whitehead, Libertarian/Conservative darling of the Rutherford Institute. Okay.

And while I am not denying these measures have been implemented, let's not forget WHY we are in the geo-political quagmire that we're in the first place and the shizit is going to get even deeper as time moves along whether our president has a "D" or an "R" behind his/her name.
Dude, you guys have really got to stop blaming others for Berry's actions. Half the crap b on that list has to do with terrorism. Bush, like it or not, didn't create terrorism. They've been bombing the Towers since the early 90's. But hey, he's all about the armed drones buzzing around America. Demilitarize the police, and put rockets and anti troop guns all over the sky.
Old 01-27-15, 04:47 PM
All World

sportsprophet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
He didn't kill Osama. Had 9/11 happened on his watch I believe Osama would still be alive today. He gets credit for killing Osama because 9/11 happened when president bush was in office and president bush began the hunt. In other words....Obama got lucky on that one.
He was the Commander N Chief when it happened. So yes he gets credit, along with the sealss. He did ok the mission. Don't hate.......congratulate
Old 01-27-15, 08:49 PM
Cooling Off

Thank god he has at least one thing to hang his hat on, although the house has pretty much crumbled down around his one hook holding his hat up.
Old 01-27-15, 08:56 PM
Proud Soldier's Dad

MOUNT-UNION82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
Thank god he has at least one thing to hang his hat on, although the house has pretty much crumbled down around his one hook holding his hat up.
Well, actually there are two hooks.

Hook one: He didn't say "no" to operation.

Hook two: He watched them on TV.

Being fair, he didn't have to take his valuable time to watch them on TV. Let's give credit where credit is due.
Old 01-27-15, 08:57 PM
Cooling Off

I am pretty sure the left thinks he had an xbox controller during the operation and controlled the guy who shot Bin Laden.
Old 01-27-15, 10:37 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsprophet View Post
He was the Commander N Chief when it happened. So yes he gets credit, along with the sealss. He did ok the mission. Don't hate.......congratulate
He okayed the mission. I will give credit where credit is due. But if 9/11 had happened on his watch, he would have chased Osama around with drones. Like Clinton did with cruise missiles. I don't think he would have had the guts to put the boots on the ground that was necessary to make this happen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: