Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-18-18, 06:00 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Personally, I really hope the Cavs as currently constructed can pull it off and win a championship ... It would show you don't really need a 'big 3' or 4 ... that a team with one batman and a lot of robins can be successful playing team basketball ... that could end up being the best thing for the NBA ... Golden State was sorta that way until they signed Durant (and still are to some extend)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-18, 12:15 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I don't feel differently, I just think Cavs fans rag on Kyrie too much. He was one of the biggest reasons there is now a championship banner hanging in the Q. Too many people seem to forget that when criticizing him for wanting out and going to Boston. That was the main point I was trying to get across.

Impatient is a good word. He definitely didn't want to get stuck with the Cavs roster put together with LeBron's guys in the event LBJ left this offseason. But he clearly was tired of playing with LeBron as well. I'm not saying he shouldn't have enjoyed winning an being part of Championship teams.
What does one have to do with the other?

Yeah he hit the biggest shot in team history....then cried his way out of town because he cares more about his brand than winning. I don't see Klay Thompson or Draymont Green demanding a trade to get out of the shadow of Curry or Durant. I don't remember Tony Parker being jealous over the attention Tim Duncan got.
Old 02-19-18, 07:59 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
I don't ... I was commenting on something said on here ... someone said they didn't blame him for leaving because LeBron gets more credit for the block than Kyrie gets for the shot in game seven ... and my point was, to me I don't care who gets the credit ... it would not be a reason for me to leave ... you disagree, fine ... but winning is more important to me than who gets the credit.

I lived this ... I was an offensive coordinator for a very good HS ... the media always gave credit to the head coach for our 'high power' offense ... even though he had almost nothing to do with it (he ran the defense) ... I didn't care and stayed in that position for 7 or 8 years.
Oh okay. So you made a statement about someone's character, and a blanket statement on an entire generation because of something.....one person with no connection to Kyrie said on an internet message board? Boy that's pretty stupid.
Old 02-19-18, 08:01 AM
All World

Quote:
he also got lucky ... ending up in Boston turned out good ... he could have ended up in Sacramento!
No, he was never going to end up in Sacramento. There isn't a package the Kings could have offered that didn't end with the Cavs laughing hysterically and hanging up.
Old 02-19-18, 08:38 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Oh okay. So you made a statement about someone's character, and a blanket statement on an entire generation because of something.....one person with no connection to Kyrie said on an internet message board? Boy that's pretty stupid.
Did I hurt your feelings ... sorry ... dude you have made 100 times more disparaging comments than I have ever made in my lifetime ... and now you want to act like you are upset? ... troll someone else you cares what you think!
Old 02-19-18, 08:41 AM
All World

Quote:
No, he was never going to end up in Sacramento. There isn't a package the Kings could have offered that didn't end with the Cavs laughing hysterically and hanging up.
This just shows what a clueless troll you really are ... there could have be a three way trade where he ended up there ... or some other NBA outpost ... clueless ... even on the sport you claim to know ...
Old 02-19-18, 09:06 AM
All World

Quote:
Did I hurt your feelings ... sorry ... dude you have made 100 times more disparaging comments than I have ever made in my lifetime ... and now you want to act like you are upset? ... troll someone else you cares what you think!
I'm not upset. Just said it's stupid to make a statement on someone's character and a blanket statement on an entire generation based on one person with no connection to Kyrie said on an internet message board, because that is in fact incredibly stupid. That's not trolling, that's calling a spade a spade.
Old 02-19-18, 09:16 AM
All World

Quote:
This just shows what a clueless troll you really are ... there could have be a three way trade where he ended up there ... or some other NBA outpost ... clueless ... even on the sport you claim to know ...
Do you realize how often 3 team trades actually happen? It wasn't going to happen. Since the end of the 2016-17 season to the trade deadline there were 45 trades. Only three of them were 3 three team trades. That follows historical trends in the NBA. They happen about 5% of the time. Man, at first I thought you just made a really stupid statement regarding Kyrie but it seems you're really just a moron.
Old 02-19-18, 09:20 AM
All World

Quote:
I'm not upset. Just said it's stupid to make a statement on someone's character and a blanket statement on an entire generation based on one person with no connection to Kyrie said on an internet message board, because that is in fact incredibly stupid. That's not trolling, that's calling a spade a spade.
Sorry your highness ... so why exactly have you had something like 27 names on here??? Please save the indignation for someone who really believes it ... I apologize to all the other me generations' who are losing sleep over my comment.
Old 02-19-18, 09:22 AM
All World

Quote:
Sorry your highness ... so why exactly have you had something like 27 names on here??? Please save the indignation for someone who really believes it ... I apologize to all the other me generations' who are losing sleep over my comment.
Poor joe, realizes he said something stupid, based off one person's message board post with zero connection to the situation. Instead of admitting it he deflects to something that is completely irrelevant. Sad, really.
Old 02-19-18, 09:34 AM
All World

Quote:
Do you realize how often 3 team trades actually happen? It wasn't going to happen. Since the end of the 2016-17 season to the trade deadline there were 45 trades. Only three of them were 3 three team trades. That follows historical trends in the NBA. They happen about 5% of the time. Man, at first I thought you just made a really stupid statement regarding Kyrie but it seems you're really just a moron.
Huh ... didn't the Cavs just make a three team deal ... with Sacramento ... but I guess you know more than me!

So Kyrie couldn't have been traded to Sacramento ... what was the main thing the Cavs got from Boston ... the Nets 1st round pick ... I guess Sacramento could have given the Cavs a similar pick and throw in a couple other players ... or add a third team ... bam you have a trade.
Old 02-19-18, 09:37 AM
All World

Quote:
Huh ... didn't the Cavs just make a three team deal ... with Sacramento ... but I guess you know more than me!

So Kyrie couldn't have been traded to Sacramento ... what was the main thing the Cavs got from Boston ... the Nets 1st round pick ... I guess Sacramento could have given the Cavs a similar pick and throw in a couple other players ... or add a third team ... bam you have a trade.
Yes they did. 1) None of the players involved come close to Kyrie. 2) As I said before, 3 team trades represent 5% of all trades in the NBA. They are incredibly rare. I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. Pretty much everyone knows more than you, that isn't really saying a lot.

The Cavs also got a multi All Star, who had just finished 5th in MVP voting, on an extremely team friendly contract that expired the following season and another guy who had just shot 40% from 3 while providing solid defense. How many other teams have guys like that sitting around the Kings could have called to help finish this non-nonsensical three team trade of yours?

Last edited by Taco MacArthur; 02-19-18 at 09:50 AM..
Old 02-19-18, 09:58 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I heard something interesting this morning. Kyrie's late assist to LBJ was his first assist to LBJ in the last minute and half of a game for a go ahead basket. Hmmm.
Old 02-19-18, 11:05 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I heard something interesting this morning. Kyrie's late assist to LBJ was his first assist to LBJ in the last minute and half of a game for a go ahead basket. Hmmm.
Somewhat interesting. But remember LeBron handles the ball a lot in late game situations like that. Still, I would have expected him to assist LBJ at least a couple of times.
Old 02-20-18, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Somewhat interesting. But remember LeBron handles the ball a lot in late game situations like that. Still, I would have expected him to assist LBJ at least a couple of times.
Yep, LBJ does becomes even more ball dominant in those situations.

I remember back to his early career when he came under criticism for giving it up in the late as the clock wound down. That may have had just as much to giving it to the likes of Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones.
Old 02-22-18, 06:47 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
That's a reminder of how bad the bench was for him back then,some of those names...BAM!
Old 02-22-18, 12:03 PM
All Region

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Personally, I really hope the Cavs as currently constructed can pull it off and win a championship ... It would show you don't really need a 'big 3' or 4 ... that a team with one batman and a lot of robins can be successful playing team basketball ... that could end up being the best thing for the NBA ... Golden State was sorta that way until they signed Durant (and still are to some extend)
First of all, on many rosters, Kevin Love is a batman, presuming he comes back healthy. But I agree that the currently constructed Cavs could help dispel the notion that you need a 'big 3' to win.

Golden State is in no way, shape or form a team with a single batman. 4 certified all stars. Two MVPs.
Old 02-22-18, 12:26 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
First of all, on many rosters, Kevin Love is a batman, presuming he comes back healthy. But I agree that the currently constructed Cavs could help dispel the notion that you need a 'big 3' to win.

Golden State is in no way, shape or form a team with a single batman. 4 certified all stars. Two MVPs.
You missed the point ... it is about playing team basketball and not just iso ball that many team with "big" whatever tend to play ... GS even though they have a "big" whatever still don't tend to play that way ... they are very good at keeping the ball moving and scoring off of that movement ... not just give the ball to one of them and the other four stand in the corner and watch.