Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-27-17, 09:51 PM
All Ohio

pigskin13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaughtsAndy View Post
Canít believe what Iím seeing at the TV Garaway game. It is true TV dirtiest most undisciplined team Iíve seen this year. 5 personal fouls in the 1st half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know, there were about 20 unsportsmanlike\personal fouls called in the Sandy Valley-Malvern game tonight.
Old 10-27-17, 10:35 PM
Freshman

FaughtsAndy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigskin13 View Post
I don't know, there were about 20 unsportsmanlike\personal fouls called in the Sandy Valley-Malvern game tonight.

Wow. Tusky ended up with either nine or 10. I lost count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-17, 10:45 PM
All Ohio

The SV fans kept yelling at the Refs and the PA announcer reminded the crowd that these schools are friendly rivals and proper conduct was expected. He got booed by the SV faithful.
I've watched a lot of high school football over the years and have never heard the home town PA announcer booed.

Last edited by pigskin13; 10-28-17 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-28-17, 07:21 AM
Varsity

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
IVC with a chance to have 4 represent in week 11 is amazing... Claymont wins, IN... Malvern wins, and a lil help, IN.... I'm guessing 3 will continue playing... Malvern has been playing with a chip on their shoulder, and my Cards, not so much... Unfortunately i wont be attending any week 10 games Good Luck to ALL for a clean/safe final week, ALREADY!!! ROO..............

You were so optimistic that that three would get in with a chance at 4. Well, wrong, two get in!! What a joke. A conference that deserves at least three to five teams in gets two.... Why? Because of crossover games!!! This conference is a joke.
Old 10-28-17, 08:29 AM
Varsity

Cardinal Nation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The SV fans kept yelling at the Refs and the PA announcer reminded the crowd that these schools are friendly rivals and proper conduct was expected. He got booed by the SV faithful.
I've watched a lot of high school football over the years and have never heard the home town PA announcer booed.
Yeah SV fans can be the worst sometimes...
Old 10-28-17, 08:29 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorswitch View Post
You were so optimistic that that three would get in with a chance at 4. Well, wrong, two get in!! What a joke. A conference that deserves at least three to five teams in gets two.... Why? Because of crossover games!!! This conference is a joke.
Crossover games had nothing to do with Claymont and Malvern not making the playoffs. They would both be in if they would have won their week 10 non-crossover games.
Old 10-28-17, 11:24 AM
Varsity

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was a select few Pig, you mentioned SV faithful I think before changing the post. Most teams have groups of rowdy, quiet, official badgers, etc. it was less than 5 percent of the crowd, you just happened to be setting around 10 of them above you on the north 40 yard line. Yup, I spotted ya😬
Old 10-28-17, 11:48 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
It was a select few Pig, you mentioned SV faithful I think before changing the post. Most teams have groups of rowdy, quiet, official badgers, etc. it was less than 5 percent of the crowd, you just happened to be setting around 10 of them above you on the north 40 yard line. Yup, I spotted ya��
I think everyone knows it's a select few in every crowd.
Why didn't you come down and say Hello?
Old 10-28-17, 01:00 PM
Varsity

colorswitch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Crossover games had nothing to do with Claymont and Malvern not making the playoffs. They would both be in if they would have won their week 10 non-crossover games.

So Claymont playing Buckeye Trail and Sandy Valley didn't cost them? OK, so you play a school your own size, not two divisions lower, you are in. Play Harrison Central.
Old 10-28-17, 04:04 PM
Freshman

Treestand is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerman37 View Post
It was a select few Pig, you mentioned SV faithful I think before changing the post. Most teams have groups of rowdy, quiet, official badgers, etc. it was less than 5 percent of the crowd, you just happened to be setting around 10 of them above you on the north 40 yard line. Yup, I spotted ya😬
Funny...itís because 95 percent of SV fans sit there like they are at a golf match..
Itís crazy to me how they donít get excited about anything!! Well, minus the cow bells, can never have to much cow bell!
Old 10-28-17, 04:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treestand View Post
Funny...itís because 95 percent of SV fans sit there like they are at a golf match..
Itís crazy to me how they donít get excited about anything!! Well, minus the cow bells, can never have to much cow bell!
I love the cow bells. And the student section was loud also.
Old 10-28-17, 04:43 PM
Varsity

hammerman37 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treestand View Post
You are correct Treestand. Not much emotional support from the Valley faithful.
Old 10-29-17, 06:54 PM
Junior Varsity

Ohiobuckeyfootball is on a distinguished road
Malvern just did not win enough games. Even having a chance going into the last game or so is impressive with their lack of wins. Claymont was hurt by the conference a little more playing so many small schools even if they are tough like Ridgewood and Garaway. Their biggest problem this year was poor non-conference scheduling. Philly is pretty much a no win. Coshocton was going to be bad and played many teams on Claymont's schedule. Therefore, no new points were brought into the conference scenario. Riverview? No points to be had there.
Old 10-29-17, 08:16 PM
All Ohio

ECOLace is on a distinguished road
Yeah, it was Claymont's non-league schedule that hurt them most, only 10 second level points from 3 games. Normally Coshocton is good to win more than 2 games, but I was not happy playing NP and RV, hopefully those series don't run much longer.

IVC schools should try to stop scheduling the same out of league opponents as well.
Old 10-30-17, 11:05 AM
Freshman

baseball43 is on a distinguished road
After all the talk about the undisciplined Tusky Valley team, will the head coach be back next year?
Old 10-30-17, 01:08 PM
Varsity

knockout99 is on a distinguished road
I agree I think it was Claymont's non-league schedule that hurt them this year. Typically Coshocton is good but this was one of those down years and Claymont caught them on their up year. They really needed them to be good this year. If they would have played Meadowbrook instead of River View that would helped too. They will always play New Philly because of the gate. Dont beat them very often but its a good gate. Unfortunately not thinking of the kids on that one.

I think next year things will even out a little more. Claymont loses a lot and the other will get better. IV will be good as usual. Great to see game 10 with IV and Claymont again. Plus the other week 10's with the league is a good thing.
Old 10-30-17, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

Claymont does lose a good bit, but they wonít be void of talent next year. A generous amount of talent returns. I think their offense will look a good bit different next year, and the defense should still be really solid, especially the front seven. Maybe not as much high end talent, but if they put in the work, theyíll be really solid next year.
Old 10-30-17, 01:46 PM
All Region

cone is on a distinguished road
I heard that Claymont dropped New Phila for next year. Must have seen the handwriting on the wall after this season.
Old 10-30-17, 03:47 PM
All Ohio

Ive heard nothing of the such. If they did though, I wouldnít blame them. Thereís nothing to gain out of playing NP for Claymont anymore.
Old 10-30-17, 04:12 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cone View Post
I heard that Claymont dropped New Phila for next year. Must have seen the handwriting on the wall after this season.
The former Claymont AD signed a 3 year contract with New Philadelphia, 2017 was the first year of the contract. The new AD is working to get someone else for week one after that.