Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Major League Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-14-18, 08:56 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
It would be worth it just to have a face to the name.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-18, 09:35 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
For some of Mahle's starts this year, when he loses it, he loses it FAST. Riggleman may have liked Garrett's matchup and didn't want to let the inning escalate.

Also, the Reds were off Monday, Romano gave us a long start Tuesday, so the bullpen, for once, was pretty rested. Another off day today so the bullpen has been used very little this week.
This bullpen is firmly in the negative as far as being overworked. I would think you would ignore the matchup and let Mahle ride. The bullpen needs all the rest that can be afforded.
Old 06-14-18, 10:06 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Only 94 games left.
Old 06-14-18, 04:01 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st View Post
This bullpen is firmly in the negative as far as being overworked. I would think you would ignore the matchup and let Mahle ride. The bullpen needs all the rest that can be afforded.
Ah...I'm not so sure. Lorenzen hasn't pitched since Sunday, and Floro and Brice even longer. The pen is well rested. Two off days this week. We've seen Mahle blow up fast!
Old 06-15-18, 11:07 AM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Ah...I'm not so sure. Lorenzen hasn't pitched since Sunday, and Floro and Brice even longer. The pen is well rested. Two off days this week. We've seen Mahle blow up fast!
So again I ask...

Are we trying to win the game and therefore play the lefty/lefty matchup? Or are we trying to develop a quality young starting pitcher?

For a minute I thought Price was back in the dugout when I saw the switch being made. Nope. Riggleman just as dumb. The Reds as an organization need to decide what their direction is. Winning that game is unimportant next to having Mahle work through a tough match-up in a key spot.

We are 4 years into this mess and we will be in the same place 4 years from now if they can't consistently stick with a plan.
Old 06-15-18, 06:19 PM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves82 View Post
So again I ask...

Are we trying to win the game and therefore play the lefty/lefty matchup? Or are we trying to develop a quality young starting pitcher?

For a minute I thought Price was back in the dugout when I saw the switch being made. Nope. Riggleman just as dumb. The Reds as an organization need to decide what their direction is. Winning that game is unimportant next to having Mahle work through a tough match-up in a key spot.

We are 4 years into this mess and we will be in the same place 4 years from now if they can't consistently stick with a plan.
That was the point I was attempting to make. Let the kids build their innings and pitch counts. Let them learn to negotiate their way through a lineup the 3rd and even 4th times through.
Old 06-15-18, 07:15 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So again I ask...

It was a simple decision, wolves82. Two of the previous four batters against Mahle got hits -- one single, one double. It was time to get him. Let him leave with a positive outcome. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 06-15-18, 10:28 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So again I ask...

You make too much sense.

I often find myself agreeing with you 100%.
Old 06-15-18, 11:15 PM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
But...Mahle's going to be able to look back on that time he threw six innings of scoreless baseball vs the second worst team in baseball and be like...yep if I can dominate the Royals I can do anything
Old 06-16-18, 11:48 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Votto is racking up those RBI this year isnít he?
Old 06-17-18, 02:11 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
On a positive note, Senziel played SS last night for the first time this regular season. I don't know if it was at the Reds urging or if he finally realized thats the only path to the Bigs as long as Scooter's on the team. Or at least until Scooter's shoulder fully heals and he can take a stab at LF.
Old 06-17-18, 06:43 AM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Votto is racking up those RBI this year isnít he?
Votto's BA RISP is .355.

His RBI total is indicative of the inability of the guys in front of him to get on base.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: