Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-28-16, 07:19 AM
Cooling Off

M2M can only hope to improve
Award-Winning Todd Porter Closes Sunday Sports Column

Most - if not all- Stark-area sports fans start their Sundays by reading the iconic Todd Porter column in the Sunday sports section. Sadly today is the final edition.

Here are some of his comments about the change at the Rep:

" It has been 20 years sice I started writing my "Sunday Special" column in the Repository. It has been my main, constant connection with the readers. When I started this column the intent was to have a dedicated spot for conversation about local and regional sports every Sunday."

"The time is right to pass the torch. I'm not leaving the Repository and you can still find my column in the paper - just one section sooner. Last summer I took over as The Repository's special projects editor. Starting next Sunday you will see my column on front of the Stark & Ohio section."

"A few months ago, Rep Sports Editor Chris Beaven made a great decision and hired Joe Scalzo into our sports department. Scalzo, a native son of Stark County, is the right person at the right time to take thisover. The column has been a labor of love and I always knew there would be a time that someone else take it over. Believe me, readers will engage in a relationship on Sundays with Scalzo and he will take this column farther. I hope you will turn to Stark & Ohio and follow me on Sundays as well."

Truly an end of an era. Porter was the final word on Stark sports and his column will be greatly missed. This Massillon grad set the standard for sports reporting for two decades. His column will be greatly missed by all of us here.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread