Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-18, 08:27 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Those 4 schools would be Dunbar, Thurgood, Belmont etc but they are city league teams that Trotwood cannot be in a league with. They donít belong beating up those South teams I agree. But do they belong with the mega enrollments schools either with them being d3? No.
Old 02-07-18, 08:43 PM
Junior Varsity

WCfan is on a distinguished road
All I know is god help the schools that are leaving that still have to play Trotwood for the next year or two! I predict they break 100 points in football and will push 200 in basketball at least a few times. Football at least has the running clock mercy rule which help some.
Old 02-07-18, 08:49 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Trotwood wanted out and they were going to discuss moving Trotwood in with Northmont, Springboro, Lebanon, and Miamisburg.... The American teams pulled a surprised by leaving the league and not including Trotwood. Trotwood didn't want them anyway so what is the big deal.

GWOC:
Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Beavercreek, Fairmont

Springboro, Northmont, Lebanon, Miamisburg, Trotwood

4 league games, 3 cross overs... 3 non-league..... nothing has really changed only Trotwood being moved over....
Old 02-07-18, 08:54 PM
Junior Varsity

tucson is on a distinguished road
It's interesting for folks to mention WBL schools St. Marys and Wapak with the new GWOC North. I mean, who doesn't like expansion talks? I agree with StateChampion2012 though. It doesn't seem likely. The main plus for Wapak would obviously be replacing the DIII-DV WBL teams with primarily DII-III. Wapak does have a long-standing relationship with Bellefontaine, a former WBL member. St. Marys with Sidney as well.

The WBL is notorious for it's long term stability. St. Marys and Wapak are charter members dating back to 1940. The 10-member league hasn't had a single change in membership since 1981 which is almost unheard of now. The WBL even turned down Lima Senior a few years ago.
Old 02-07-18, 08:54 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Those 4 schools would be Dunbar, Thurgood, Belmont etc but they are city league teams that Trotwood cannot be in a league with. They donít belong beating up those South teams I agree. But do they belong with the mega enrollments schools either with them being d3? No.
I don't know...they beat Wayne 14-7, and Pick Central. PC was a kinda good mega enrollment team.
Old 02-07-18, 08:57 PM
All Yappi

Wayne is not a mega enrollment team. They are the smallest in their part of the GWOC.
Old 02-07-18, 09:03 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Those WBL teams mentioned will never leave that league. But I didn't necessarily see this going down, either. But I'm forced to agree, Trotwood was a charter GMVC member 35 some odd years ago, and think it's only fair to bring them along.
Old 02-07-18, 09:10 PM
All World

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
I don't know...they beat Wayne 14-7, and Pick Central. PC was a kinda good mega enrollment team.
Yes but take football and basketball out of the equation. How are they going to compete with the mega enrollment schools when they canít even contend with average to below average teams as is.
Old 02-07-18, 09:28 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
Those WBL teams mentioned will never leave that league. But I didn't necessarily see this going down, either. But I'm forced to agree, Trotwood was a charter GMVC member 35 some odd years ago, and think it's only fair to bring them along.
The only one that I could see is Wapakoneta because they are the highest enrollment in the WBL and I just think some good rivalries could sprout up but mainly the reason is to serve as sort of a bridge for Lima Senior. Lima being in the league they're in doesn't make sense and they were denied WBL expansion when the TRAC was formed. I think Lima and the GWOC Am North members would mix well
Old 02-07-18, 09:29 PM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
The new league looks to be pretty crappy
Old 02-07-18, 09:32 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Someone please rationalize WC, Stebbins and/Fairborn over Twood with the invalid points as follow: Gate, competitive in other sports, location? If these are the points how in the hell does Twood get left out? If it was not these issues that what was it? How do you leave a GMVC charter member out and pick up these schools. Demographics is the difference and anybody that does not see that is blind as Ray Charles! Georgia!!!!!
Old 02-07-18, 09:47 PM
All District

borowrstlr08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to borowrstlr08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
The Privileged whites are tired of the Union Rd beatings, and success. From 83í through the early 2000ís we took beating after beating. 8 years of winning, 2 State Titles, more than a handful of Final 4ís, and runner ups(Basketbal & Football).I guess that was the last straw. ĒHOW DARE THESE N**** GET THEIR S*** TOGETHER AND BUILD A RESPECTABLE BASKETBALL & FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!!!Ē Elk one, I hate when White Guys like yourself canít see the bulls*** right in your face, are you that privileged? So privileged, that you are outraged by our outrage.

Most of those teams are DIV III, so your gonna force us to play DIV I & II all year, and then hope to have success against us in the playoffs???

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY 2017 DIV III CHAMPS 15-0

Quite frankly, youíre a joke in every other sport.

Since 2012,

72-15 in football
141-30 in boys basketball

Which is fine, no ones complaining that you guys are good. Where the complaints come from are:

7-91 in baseball
12-95 in volleyball
10-78-7 in boys soccer
26-59-14 in girls soccer

Losing combined with it not being football or basketball season = Your fans donít show up. Maybe if you could show enthusiasm in those four sports, among others, a league would want you. Enjoy your bling pessimism though. It does wonders for the younger generation
Old 02-07-18, 09:48 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Trotwood football/basketball/sometimes track are very hard to compete with but the other sports and especially the girls teams are pretty bad. I say Trotwood competes with Springfield, Northmont, Fairmont, Centerville, etc. Lebanon goes to the ECC, form that I-75 conference, and let like Fairborn, Stebbins, WC join the SWBL or something.
Old 02-07-18, 09:49 PM
All American

member1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Trotwood wanted out and they were going to discuss moving Trotwood in with Northmont, Springboro, Lebanon, and Miamisburg.... The American teams pulled a surprised by leaving the league and not including Trotwood. Trotwood didn't want them anyway so what is the big deal.

GWOC:
Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Beavercreek, Fairmont

Springboro, Northmont, Lebanon, Miamisburg, Trotwood

4 league games, 3 cross overs... 3 non-league..... nothing has really changed only Trotwood's being moved over....
First of all Trotwood did not want out. That is flat out untrue. I have spoken to the AD and principal on several occasions and that is just plainly false. Initially the Adminstration was disappointed in the move to the South because it was clear they were more geographically aligned with the old conference and there was history. The move was made and they dealt with it. Scheduled some tough games early to ensure playoff points because they new the points scenario was not in their favor. Other than that they were glad to have a home regardless if division. Now it is a wait and see game because it's understood all the other schools will stick together. Trotwood's fate depends on a vote. If the big schools suddenly decide that a Div3 school us not want they want than Twood becomes Winton Woods 2019... But saying they wanted out and everything will be fine is incorrect because their fate depends on others.
Old 02-07-18, 09:51 PM
All Yappi

Yellow_Jacket06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Yellow_Jacket06 Send a message via Yahoo to Yellow_Jacket06
Can't say I'm surprised. I've been expecting the North schools to break off for years.
Old 02-07-18, 09:57 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
The only one that I could see is Wapakoneta because they are the highest enrollment in the WBL and I just think some good rivalries could sprout up but mainly the reason is to serve as sort of a bridge for Lima Senior. Lima being in the league they're in doesn't make sense and they were denied WBL expansion when the TRAC was formed. I think Lima and the GWOC Am North members would mix well
Good point. I didn't think of that bridge to Lima, as it were. Findlay is closest to them, and then it's Fremont and all Toledo. Butler would be 60ish miles, which isn't hateful. Now going further down to WC or Xenia might make it a wash, though. Lima really is geographically cursed.
Old 02-07-18, 09:58 PM
Junior Varsity

WCfan is on a distinguished road
Part of leaving Trotwood out might have something to do with them putting up over 100 points in basketball 7 times this season and breaking 50 points in football 7 times with a high of 76 against Fairborn who scored a whopping 6. Some would say that is very poor sportsmanship to continue to pile it on. They were up on WC in basketball last week 81-37 at the end of the third quarter and still put up 34 in the 4th.
This is about these other schools doing what they think is best for their schools. Yes, it sucks for Trotwood, but it is what it is.
Old 02-07-18, 10:00 PM
All Region

GrowthAdvocate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
I just seen this story on FB, I haven't been on Yappi much since the season ended. But I wanted to come in and give my two cents, not that it matters to anyone. Trotwood was with us in the GMVC before we joined the GWOC. If we are going to split from the GWOC and form our own league again, then Trotwood should be brought along with us again. Yes their gates are not good.... yes they are heads above everyone in football, basketball and track. But they are pretty horrible in every other sport. I went to a baseball game when they was in Piqua a few years back and it was painful to watch.

Bottom line is, they should be included in whatever league we put together if we stay with base teams like I think we will.
Glad somebody other than Trotwood people said this. Much respect Indians_Rule

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 10:04 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good point. I didn't think of that bridge to Lima, as it were. Findlay is closest to them, and then it's Fremont and all Toledo. Butler would be 60ish miles, which isn't hateful. Now going further down to WC or Xenia might make it a wash, though. Lima really is geographically cursed.
I expect WC to join the SWBL or similar league. Xenia, Fairborn, and Stebbins would maybe consider the CBC. Yes, Lima is definitely cursed by location.
Old 02-07-18, 10:05 PM
All Region

GrowthAdvocate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Respect InTheDark

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 10:08 PM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
This is the same thing that the CBC did to Tippecanoe. Itís not race, if you wanna make it about race fine, Trotwood athletes are far superior in football and basketball compared to these schools. Thatís why this is happening, along with Trotwood not compete in gin other sports and gates. Do not make this about race for gods sake
I literally have no clue what you're talking about. Tipp City left the CBC, so how is this "the same"?
Old 02-07-18, 10:13 PM
All Ohio

The CBC just expanded to Jonathan Alder and next year North Union and London. I don't see them interested in moving further south or west. The only scenario I see is this new league trying to poach Tecumseh at some point. The arrows haven't been interested in the past.
Old 02-07-18, 10:13 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCfan View Post
Part of leaving Trotwood out might have something to do with them putting up over 100 points in basketball 7 times this season and breaking 50 points in football 7 times with a high of 76 against Fairborn who scored a whopping 6. Some would say that is very poor sportsmanship to continue to pile it on. They were up on WC in basketball last week 81-37 at the end of the third quarter and still put up 34 in the 4th.
This is about these other schools doing what they think is best for their schools. Yes, it sucks for Trotwood, but it is what it is.
I did think Twood running up the score and keeping starters in a lot in 4th Q for football and basketball can be deemed as pretty classless, but it's not their job to stop putting points on the board. Don't want to lose that bad, play defense. Yes, however, the talent pools of Twood and WC are completely lopsided. It's a tough situation.
Old 02-07-18, 10:15 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
First of all Trotwood did not want out. That is flat out untrue. I have spoken to the AD and principal on several occasions and that is just plainly false. Initially the Adminstration was disappointed in the move to the South because it was clear they were more geographically aligned with the old conference and there was history. The move was made and they dealt with it. Scheduled some tough games early to ensure playoff points because they new the points scenario was not in their favor. Other than that they were glad to have a home regardless if division. Now it is a wait and see game because it's understood all the other schools will stick together. Trotwood's fate depends on a vote. If the big schools suddenly decide that a Div3 school us not want they want than Twood becomes Winton Woods 2019... But saying they wanted out and everything will be fine is incorrect because their fate depends on others.
Trotwood wanted out of the American South. Sure, they were stuck in it and dealing with it but they wanted out. American North is where they wanted to end up, I don't know but the talk was going to be about moving Trotwood to the National West.

What is the vote that Trotwood is waiting on? Trotwood is a member of the GWOC, the GWOC still remains even if the other teams leave. The only vote would be where to place Trotwood in the GWOC. Does Trotwood still want to stay in the GWOC?
Old 02-07-18, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
I literally have no clue what you're talking about. Tipp City left the CBC, so how is this "the same"?
Unless I'm mistaken since it's been a few years, but weren't they pretty much told to leave? Same with Stebbins.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-18, 10:25 PM
All Ohio

No. They absolutely were not told to leave. The Kenton Trail schools were all in favor of continuity. The Mad River schools complained about the KT crossover games in football but in no way were they forced out.
Old 02-07-18, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcw View Post
The CBC just expanded to Jonathan Alder and next year North Union and London. I don't see them interested in moving further south or west. The only scenario I see is this new league trying to poach Tecumseh at some point. The arrows haven't been interested in the past.
I can't envision the CBC adding any of those schools. The Stebbins experiment was an awful match in terms of size, demographics, and culture. I can't see them revisiting that with WC, Xenia, etc.

Any future CBC additions seem to be guaranteed to come from the east or north, or an OHC raid. I don't think any of the long-term members are headed anywhere. If Bellefontaine and/or Tecumseh weren't part of a new league with the northern GWOC schools I tend to think that the Clark/Champaign/Logan county core of the CBC will hold firm for a very long time.

Old 02-07-18, 10:32 PM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NfamousWayneFan View Post
http://www.whio.com/sports/gwoc-team...wOzQwXRJVzO1J/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Split makes sense to me. I never understood why the GWOC went to 20 teams. I can see a North/South split using SR 35 as dividing line.

North - Northmont, Wayne, Trotwood, Springfield, Beavercreek
South - Lebanon, Springboro, Centerville, Fairmont, Miamisburg
Old 02-07-18, 10:35 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Trotwood wanted out of the American South. Sure, they were stuck in it and dealing with it but they wanted out. American North is where they wanted to end up, I don't know but the talk was going to be about moving Trotwood to the National West.

What is the vote that Trotwood is waiting on? Trotwood is a member of the GWOC, the GWOC still remains even if the other teams leave. The only vote would be where to place Trotwood in the GWOC. Does Trotwood still want to stay in the GWOC?
I think he's hinting at the GWOC schools not wanting Trotwood due to their smaller enrollment.

I highly doubt they get shoved out. The GWOC would either need to Lebanon to leave or to find another school to add, which there aren't really any good choices.

As I mentioned earlier, I think this would be a good time for the GWOC to consider realigning north (I-70 corridor) and south (I-675 corridor). Springfield is shrinking while Springboro, Lebanon, etc. are growing. Wayne has grown some, but they are still a lot smaller than Centerville and Beavercreek. Same with Northmont.

Old 02-07-18, 10:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
I can't envision the CBC adding any of those schools. The Stebbins experiment was an awful match in terms of size, demographics, and culture. I can't see them revisiting that with WC, Xenia, etc.

Any future CBC additions seem to be guaranteed to come from the east or north, or an OHC raid. I don't think any of the long-term members are headed anywhere. If Bellefontaine and/or Tecumseh weren't part of a new league with the northern GWOC schools I tend to think that the Clark/Champaign/Logan county core of the CBC will hold firm for a very long time.

Agreed. I think the CBC and OHC hold pat for the foreseeable future.
Closed Thread