Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-07-18, 09:24 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Mayfield is 56-34 over the last 8 seasons.
Old 02-07-18, 09:33 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
With attractions like Walmart, the empty lot where Wendy's burnt down, and The Trax, this is gonna be the vacation of their lives!
Why the continued cheap shots?

Don't be jealous, when you guys schedule them you can drive them past the gym and the house that the Sextons owned.
Old 02-07-18, 09:56 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
You might want to check out East St Louis before you call them an easy win. They are far far from that.
You donít shell out the money that the booster club will to get the inner city program here to Massillon for a loss, take off the glasses here.

Some people here in Massillon thought Munford playing in Orange and black was worth the 5k for three games, so these knuckleheads donít have sound judgement.
Old 02-07-18, 10:14 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post

Don't be jealous, when you guys schedule them you can drive them past the gym and the house that the Sextons owned.
Oh now, I'm just having fun. There's too much sanctimony going on in this thread -- come on, a Coventry fan isn't worthy of commenting because his football team is no good? (yes I know you defended him)

Don't forget the old Jax police station parking lot with the unsolved murder!
Old 02-08-18, 12:28 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
East St Louis is 44-17 over the last 5 seasons with a state title in class 7A in 2016.
The 7th spot in Massillonís schedule in six years was one of the weakest spot, you can argue that they put a cupcake up to get some rest and confidence. Massillonís only 6-0 with a pt difference of 276-111.

I donít buy the notion of paying a stronger opponent to travel out of state only to lose to them.

The two open spots would indicate a weaker opponent on the schedule, hopefully another home game lol.
Old 02-08-18, 01:56 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
1. Anybody that thinks we should be playing the likes of Mentor and St. Ignatius needs committed to the insane asylum.

2. I don't think Coventry guy was being negative at all and I agreed with about 99% of what he said.

3. Anybody using "vacation" and "Massillon" in the same sentence should face the same fate as #1.

4. The Trax is a fine, upstanding establishment. LOL.

5. Mackinbiner is still an effing moron.
Old 02-08-18, 02:09 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
1. Anybody that thinks we should be playing the likes of Mentor and St. Ignatius needs committed to the insane asylum.

2. I don't think Coventry guy was being negative at all and I agreed with about 99% of what he said.

3. Anybody using "vacation" and "Massillon" in the same sentence should face the same fate as #1.

4. The Trax is a fine, upstanding establishment. LOL.

5. Mackinbiner is still an effing moron.
Says everyone's favorite Delta Diamond Medallion member.
Old 02-08-18, 02:47 PM
Moderated User

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
The 7th spot in Massillon’s schedule in six years was one of the weakest spot, you can argue that they put a cupcake up to get some rest and confidence. Massillon’s only 6-0 with a pt difference of 276-111.

I don’t buy the notion of paying a stronger opponent to travel out of state only to lose to them.

The two open spots would indicate a weaker opponent on the schedule, hopefully another home game lol.
Except they just lost last year to Canisius in Week 7. Not to mention they also lost to Ursuline in 14’ which again was week 7. Another week 7 loss in 13’ to Fitch.
Do you check your facts before you post or just make things up ?
Old 02-08-18, 04:26 PM
Moderated User

The Booster Club Bot caught an error, I was referring to week 8
Old 02-08-18, 04:32 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egret View Post
Ok thanks Shooter*

*ref. 1986 film ďHoosiersĒ starring Dennis Hooper as mentally incapable alcoholic would had a residency at the local mental institution due to an uncontrollable episode and became quite manic when the local basketball made it to state.
Old 02-08-18, 05:16 PM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I, er HE should have won an Academy Award for that movie.
Old 02-08-18, 07:06 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
The Booster Club Bot caught an error, I was referring to week 8
Itís easy to catch errors from someone that spends so much time on Perry.com
Old 02-13-18, 03:10 PM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
East St. Louis....Northeast Ohio.....what the #ell is the difference????
Old 02-15-18, 12:39 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
One could ask the same of Maxies obvious cheap shot at Jax schedule.

In fact, one might say that Maxie fired the first shot and Jax was simply defending his team, a behavior that is highly acceptable to some.
Old 02-15-18, 01:55 PM
All Yappi

Maxie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
One could ask the same of Maxies obvious cheap shot at Jax schedule.

In fact, one might say that Maxie fired the first shot and Jax was simply defending his team, a behavior that is highly acceptable to some.

I don't think you want to analyze the Fed's out of conference schedules, do you?? Except Glenoak's.
Old 02-15-18, 11:05 PM
All Ohio

buckeye53 is on a distinguished road
Usually, smaller schools used to schedule big powers, because their share of the gate funded their program. Massillon doesn’t need it, so why do it. The success of 2017, should be a huge confidence builder, for the kids. I see a competitive schedule, Firestone being the only piece of cake, depending on who fills the 2 open dates. Should be a great season, with hopefully a deep playoff run. Although I grew up in the Akron area, I’ve followed the Tigers, since I was a kid. My Dad loved the place, and we almost moved there, in the mid 60’s. However his company shut down their Stark Co.plant. Go Tigers !!!
Old 02-16-18, 06:01 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye53 View Post
My Dad loved the place, and we almost moved there, in the mid 60ís.
Nice post, but I'm sure THIS portion will get twisted that you were recruited.
Old 02-16-18, 07:55 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
I don't think you want to analyze the Fed's out of conference schedules, do you?? Except Glenoak's.
I was analyzing your attack on Jackson and jax03 right to defend his team, stipulated as an honorable act of bravery by heff/chiefy/sam the b/TS1960
Old 02-16-18, 11:39 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
I was analyzing your attack on Jackson and jax03 right to defend his team, stipulated as an honorable act of bravery by heff/chiefy/sam the b/TS1960
Why are you even on a Massillon thread ?
Old 02-17-18, 12:37 PM
All Region

RollRed is on a distinguished road
Donít mean to intrude, but I notice Steubenville and Massillon share an open date????
Old 02-17-18, 12:54 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollRed View Post
Donít mean to intrude, but I notice Steubenville and Massillon share an open date????
Tell Reno to call Moore.
Old 02-17-18, 01:21 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
If true, you comments about Massillon fans being jealous for being on the Fed expansion thread would indicate your jealousy of Massillon for constantly posting on Massillon threads.
Old 02-17-18, 01:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Tell Reno to call Moore.
Iím not being smart or arguing, but I think Moore should call Reno, because it was Moore that didnít want to continue after 2015
Old 02-17-18, 01:49 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Iím not being smart or arguing, but I think Moore should call Reno, because it was Moore that didnít want to continue after 2015
Either way the game should be played.
Old 02-17-18, 01:52 PM
All Region

Quote:
Either way the game should be played.
I completely 100% agree with you. Should be a game thatís is always on the schedule year after year
Old 02-17-18, 02:01 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
I’m not being smart or arguing, but I think Moore should call Reno, because it was Moore that didn’t want to continue after 2015
I don't believe this to be true. Read the article in the Canton Rep from July 2 2014. In the article it says that, "Jason Hall was informed that Steubenville picked up Dover for week 5 starting in 2015." Nate wasnt in Massillon when the series was cancelled.
Old 02-17-18, 02:08 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

The Tigers and Steubey had 2 year contracts from 2009-2010, 2011-2012, and 2013-2014. The Tigers agreed a ONE year contract in 2015, at Steubenville, with Reno to agreeing a future game. This is 2018, yet a return game in Massillon hasn't been scheduled. Your comment about Coach Moore not wanting the series to continue wasn't accurate. Reno needs to sign a contract.
Old 02-17-18, 03:50 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Tigers and Steubey had 2 year contracts from 2009-2010, 2011-2012, and 2013-2014. The Tigers agreed a ONE year contract in 2015, at Steubenville, with Reno to agreeing a future game. This is 2018, yet a return game in Massillon hasn't been scheduled. Your comment about Coach Moore not wanting the series to continue wasn't accurate. Reno needs to sign a contract.
What makes this game difficult for both teams is they are pretty much mirror images of each other when it comes to how both programs are run. Not on the field but in the entirety of the programs. Both schools do things in very expensive ways. From stadium pride to more uniform combinations than the freakin Oregon Ducks. Both are independents which makes scheduling very difficult. It does force them to be creative. One thing that I just thought of was there was no real consistency in what week the game was played. That tells me that putting that game together took a lot of work and juggling of contracts already in place. Add in the fact that of how costly it is to run a first class program and you have two teams who NEED as many home games as possible. With all of those things in play, thinking this game could be played every year just doesnít seem feasible to me. The recent series went what, 7 games? Like it or not, that game is so hyped, and so physical and potentially draining, that I think both teams want that game in the right place on the schedule. Between the two schools there is really only one rivalry game and thatís Mass/McK. It would be great to have them play every year during the same week to create a new rivalry for each team. I just donít see it happening. And one last thing, I think it is highly inaccurate to accuse either school of ducking, or not keeping promises etc. Even tho there is much smack talk between us has been, old jocks, there is great mutual respect between both schools and the people and administrations, so nobody is disrespecting each other with broken promises and deal breaking etc. RRR
Old 02-17-18, 05:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson and Black View Post
What makes this game difficult for both teams is they are pretty much mirror images of each other when it comes to how both programs are run. Not on the field but in the entirety of the programs. Both schools do things in very expensive ways. From stadium pride to more uniform combinations than the freakin Oregon Ducks. Both are independents which makes scheduling very difficult. It does force them to be creative. One thing that I just thought of was there was no real consistency in what week the game was played. That tells me that putting that game together took a lot of work and juggling of contracts already in place. Add in the fact that of how costly it is to run a first class program and you have two teams who NEED as many home games as possible. With all of those things in play, thinking this game could be played every year just doesnít seem feasible to me. The recent series went what, 7 games? Like it or not, that game is so hyped, and so physical and potentially draining, that I think both teams want that game in the right place on the schedule. Between the two schools there is really only one rivalry game and thatís Mass/McK. It would be great to have them play every year during the same week to create a new rivalry for each team. I just donít see it happening. And one last thing, I think it is highly inaccurate to accuse either school of ducking, or not keeping promises etc. Even tho there is much smack talk between us has been, old jocks, there is great mutual respect between both schools and the people and administrations, so nobody is disrespecting each other with broken promises and deal breaking etc. RRR

No disrespect. I gave an analysis of what occurred after the 2015 game. Come on, both schools are independent, this game should take place, regardless of where it is located on the schedule. Both schools should get it done.
Old 02-17-18, 07:18 PM
All Ohio

Crimson and Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No disrespect. I gave an analysis of what occurred after the 2015 game. Come on, both schools are independent, this game should take place, regardless of where it is located on the schedule. Both schools should get it done.
OK Maxie, I can see that scenario.... under it no contracts have been broken, no ducking by either team is appearant, there was essentially an opened ended commitment by The Big Red to play in the future. If thatís is indeed correct then it will happen. I would guess the weeks that might have been available over the last two years did not fit into our plans. Essentially there has only been one season pass since the supposed commitment was made. Donít worry Tiger fans, youíll get your chance to atone for the last meeting. Weíve played an extra 1.5 seasons in the last 3, canít get too ambitious with the schedule :-).....