Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-05-18, 11:32 AM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Pac 2018

What's in store for the PAC in 2018? Northwest was very disappointing in its a PAC debut season. Manchester seems to be losing arguably the best RB in school history due to private privileges, Orrville has a couple of good young skill players Returning, Tuslaw should be improved with Gulling in year 2, Fairless will lose Shepard but return a good QB. CVCA also has a couple good young athletes and OL. Loudonville and Triway will both have a new Head coach.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-18, 03:13 PM
All Ohio

gamblingfool is on a distinguished road
Manchester should be very good, with or without Ethan Wright. I would think Manchester is head and shoulders better than the rest of the league!
Old 02-06-18, 01:14 PM
All District

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblingfool View Post
Manchester should be very good, with or without Ethan Wright. I would think Manchester is head and shoulders better than the rest of the league!
Manchester loses only 5 starters, unless you count the kicker, then 6. The biggest loss is Beans at Center. Knight is not a loss at all. France is a minimal loss. Schuler was serviceable. The weapons on offense are Wright (yes, he's staying), Johnson and Foster. Hettich and Baker will head up the OL. Defensively they will be fine. Although the secondary will take a hit losing Schuler and France. However, their best DB is back, Johnson. Defensive Coordinator will be back after saying he was leaving. Their LB's (Baker, Kinsey and Pajlich) will be very strong as will the DL. Kicking game will be weak, again. Return teams will be very strong with Johnson, Foster and Wright. All in all, they will be very good and I think they can make some noise in their Region and Playoffs.
Old 02-06-18, 06:30 PM
All Region

Stack Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Manchester loses only 5 starters, unless you count the kicker, then 6. The biggest loss is Beans at Center. Knight is not a loss at all. France is a minimal loss. Schuler was serviceable. The weapons on offense are Wright (yes, he's staying), Johnson and Foster. Hettich and Baker will head up the OL. Defensively they will be fine. Although the secondary will take a hit losing Schuler and France. However, their best DB is back, Johnson. Defensive Coordinator will be back after saying he was leaving. Their LB's (Baker, Kinsey and Pajlich) will be very strong as will the DL. Kicking game will be weak, again. Return teams will be very strong with Johnson, Foster and Wright. All in all, they will be very good and I think they can make some noise in their Region and Playoffs.
What was all the noise with Wright leaving? I was confused about this since that one thread was taken down
Old 02-06-18, 07:27 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack Attack View Post
What was all the noise with Wright leaving? I was confused about this since that one thread was taken down
To make a long story short, Hoban said no RB and no Defense. WR only. Plus, sit out half of football, basketball and track seasons. QB question at MHS has not been resolved. For now, he's staying.
Old 02-08-18, 06:42 PM
All District

tantal is on a distinguished road
Can someone explain the sit out rule? If you leave for another school during the
current school year, do you have to sit out half of the following years football season?
Old 02-08-18, 07:44 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantal View Post
Can someone explain the sit out rule? If you leave for another school during the
current school year, do you have to sit out half of the following years football season?
There are 2 ways you can be eligible without sitting out 1/2 seasons. One is if you transfer back to your Home district. For example, Johnson, #5, transferred from SVSM back to Manchester, his home district. He was eligible for all sports because he transferred after the school year. If he would have transferred during the school year, he would have had to sit out the 1/2 seasons. If he would have transferred after participating in football practices and participated in a scrimmage and then transferred, not eligible. The second way is if you transfer from a public (Manchester) to a private (Hoban) and relocate out of your home district. Ie., Wright, #7. If you don't move, not eligible. That's pretty much the gist of it. Open enrollment is a whole different animal.
Old 02-09-18, 09:53 AM
All District

Quote:
There are 2 ways you can be eligible without sitting out 1/2 seasons. One is if you transfer back to your Home district. For example, Johnson, #5, transferred from SVSM back to Manchester, his home district. He was eligible for all sports because he transferred after the school year. If he would have transferred during the school year, he would have had to sit out the 1/2 seasons. If he would have transferred after participating in football practices and participated in a scrimmage and then transferred, not eligible. The second way is if you transfer from a public (Manchester) to a private (Hoban) and relocate out of your home district. Ie., Wright, #7. If you don't move, not eligible. That's pretty much the gist of it. Open enrollment is a whole different animal.
So, what about transferring between different public school districts, without moving, if there is open enrollment at the school to which you are transferring? Or, moving from a private school to another private school? This rule is so bizarre. Sometimes I've seen kids have to sit, while others do not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, though I'm sure there are loopholes.
Old 02-09-18, 10:59 AM
All District

Quote:
So, what about transferring between different public school districts, without moving, if there is open enrollment at the school to which you are transferring? Or, moving from a private school to another private school? This rule is so bizarre. Sometimes I've seen kids have to sit, while others do not. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, though I'm sure there are loopholes.
Public to public, same rule about sitting out, even if open enrollment. Private to private, same rule.
Old 02-15-18, 04:17 PM
All District

Quote:
This will certainly be a deterrent to transferring, if it passes.
http://www.ohsaa.org/news-media/arti...or-Vote-in-May
Old 07-21-18, 12:33 PM
All District

Bumping this. Any PAC news? Question - from the previous posts it appears that there will be 3 new head coaches this year (including Fairless)?
Old 07-22-18, 02:52 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
If every stays healthy the PAC will not be decided until week 10. Both CVCA and Manchester will be very good, Fairless,. Orville and NW next, then the rest of the league rounds out the bottom.
Old 07-22-18, 03:00 PM
All American

wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
I'm curious why did the PAC ever accept Loudenville in?? Aren't they the smallest and distance is unbelievable from most schools.
Old 07-22-18, 03:51 PM
All Ohio

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
they are only in for football
and I would guess due to NW being admitted as the largest or one of the largest schools in the league that the league wanted to get a school closer in enrollment to fill the football spot.

And even though their name is dropped quite often - I don't ever see Canton South getting into the league - Minerva would be a good fit, but distance may be too great
Old 07-22-18, 07:18 PM
All Region

Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Curious as to why all the rumors about the Manchesterís RB. He already has D1 offers. Hoban for a title? If Manchester is as great as everyone is touting, he should get a state title this year. Correct?
Old 07-22-18, 08:00 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
Curious as to why all the rumors about the Manchesterís RB. He already has D1 offers. Hoban for a title? If Manchester is as great as everyone is touting, he should get a state title this year. Correct?
There were rumors because the kid is a stud and lives within 15 minutes of both Hoban and SVSM. Whether the rumors were true or not is a whole different issue. There was probably some interest both ways, in the end I think he made the right decision. He will get all the D1 offers and has a chance to compete for a championship at Manchester. They make the playoffs every year.
Old 07-23-18, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

thePITman is on a distinguished road
Mainly commenting so I don't lose track of this thread.

Should be a fun year! We have a new coach this year, but he is familiar with the kids and the program. I think we are getting back on the right track after a year of what seems like lost momentum.
Old 07-23-18, 03:54 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
My understanding was that he was seriously considering a transfer. Why, I don't know, but I would imagine that sitting out half the season (and now the second half rather than the first) was a huge deterrent. I don't think there was any way around that for him unless his parents were planning to move.

Didn't Fairless get a new coach? I thought I remember reading that somewhere. Do they have a lot coming back? Also, I'm wondering how Loudenville is going to be this year. They seemed to me like a team that should have one at least a couple last year but just couldn't close the deal. I would think they will be much improved from last year, but starting over with a new coach maybe not?
Old 07-23-18, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My understanding was that he was seriously considering a transfer. Why, I don't know, but I would imagine that sitting out half the season (and now the second half rather than the first) was a huge deterrent. I don't think there was any way around that for him unless his parents were planning to move.

Didn't Fairless get a new coach? I thought I remember reading that somewhere. Do they have a lot coming back? Also, I'm wondering how Loudenville is going to be this year. They seemed to me like a team that should have one at least a couple last year but just couldn't close the deal. I would think they will be much improved from last year, but starting over with a new coach maybe not?
Fairless hired from within, A.J. Sarbaugh.
Old 07-24-18, 07:05 AM
All District

Quote:

This is irrelevant now. Wright has stayed at MHS and this topic should be over. In the 2 passing scrimmages, he has been at WR, with Johnson as the Slot Receiver. Those 2 have been dynamite as a receiving tandem. Not sure where he will play in standard offense. RB, TB or sometime QB. He is playing Safety on D.
Old 07-24-18, 09:04 PM
Varsity

sheldoncooper is on a distinguished road
who has been the Qb for Manchester ?
Old 07-25-18, 07:09 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldoncooper View Post
who has been the Qb for Manchester ?
Right now it is Mayer.